: Updated link to page with other institution mods.
: Fixed institution sign uploaded. Does not need any EPs to show up. Will just be decorative without the patches from Inge's site.
When Inge moved on to TS3, she left an open policy that allows for anyone to pick up her old mods and update them/take over support. I've always loved her school mods but continued to run into a problem of some objects not showing up in-game and I wasn't the only one. Being bored one day I sat down and managed to find the issue.
Some of the doors had unneeded EP flags and all of them were just simply outdated. I've set all
of them to require base game only
which was how Inge intended them to be and updated them the best I know how. They've been tested in-game and all show up just fine for me. If anyone's still having issues with them not showing up, let me know.
For those of you who haven't heard of these mods, they allow for some interesting game elements. The school mods allow you to have any form of a playable school on any residential lot. Any adult sim in the 'hood can be made a teacher and any teen or child in the 'hood can be made a student. The prison mods allow you to have any form of a playable jail/prison on any residential lot. Any sim in the 'hood can be made a prisoner.
As of right now (4/30/12) I only know of the institution doors being a problem and thought those of you who (like me) still play TS2 may want the fix. These packages will overwrite the previous version, assuming you have them installed. If you are having any issues with Inge's other mods let me know and I will see what I can do.
I am by no
means an expert.
All of Inge's institution mods are located here
and certain ones are required for these doors to do anything other than sit there. The school ones are required for the Classroom Door to work, the prison ones for the Prison Doors and Cell Doors.
- "Place with the green arrow pointing into the classroom. This keeps in pupils who are meant to be in a lesson, and keeps out those who are not. A pupil may go through the door if the player instructs them to go and do something (such as going to the toilet). Works in conjunction with the classroom controller." Comes in six colors: yellow, red, brown, green, blue, and white-ish.
- Cloned from a plain base game door.
Cell Door (Diner)
- Vary similar to the Classroom Door, slight difference in the windows. Comes in six colors: yellow, red, brown, green, blue, and white-ish.
Cell Door (Numenor Glass)
- "A cell door made to use Numenor's glass door! (Locking does not work on diagonal)" Mesh required.
Cell Door (Atavera)
- Bared cell door, cloned from Atavera's prison door. Mesh required.
- A non-hacked version of the Classroom Door. Will also match the Prison Area Door (Diner). Comes in six colors: yellow, red, brown, green, blue, and white-ish.
Prison Area Door
- Identical to Cell Door. Does not work on diagonal.
Prison Area Door (Diner)
- Identical to Classroom Door. Does not work on diagonal.
Prison Area Door (Numenor Glass)
- Identical to Cell Door (Numenor Glass). Does not work on diagonal.
Prison Area Door (Atavera)
- Identical to Cell Door (Atavera). Does not work on diagonal.
Prison Area Door (Shop)
- Double area security door. Does not work on diagonal.
Female Prison Area Door
- "Females only area door, but NPCs of either sex can go through." (I assume the "female only" bit applies to controlled sims and those with a prisoner token. Myself, I've never played with the prison hacks.)
Male Prison Area Door
- "Males only area door, but NPCs of either sex can go through." (I assume the "male only" bit applies to controlled sims and those with a prisoner token. Myself, I've never played with the prison hacks.)
Examples of some of the doors included. Left to right: Cell/Prison Area Door, Male Prison Area Door, Classroom Door, Prison Area Door (Shop). Pardon the odd coloring of the Classroom Door, it has to do with the reflections. The left half of the door is what it normally looks like. I've changed nothing aesthetically, only in the guts of the packages.
Additional Credits: SimPE
and Inge (after all, she made the mods).