There is only one lot- a camp built so people can easily use it with the Traveler mod from Nraas. It is not a 'locked' lot, so is easily destroyed by anyone not interested in having it, and editable by those who are. (Exporting the world apparently caused the base camp's trash can and bulletin board/mailbox to move to generic/wtf locations. Sorry about that.)
Avalon is a base world/suburb, wild horses and deer will appear, and there will be the usual 'suburb' amounts of traffic (and the ice cream truck) unless you use mods.
There is an issue with trees and plants darkening at some distances and angles, there's nothing I could do about that, unfortunately.
There are fog emitters used in the base camp- due to an EA glitch they will not show properly until you have saved and exited to main menu once. After that they will show up properly in your game.
Trees & Plants:
There are 16 tree/plant types used throughout map, so it exceeds EA's weird suggestions but hopefully looks better. I edited the textures for some of the trees in S3PE- they are built right into the world file in those new colors. This means even if you place those tree types yourself they should be the same colors! This effect will not overwrite the trees for any other world, if your game seems to want to cling to them, you may need to empty caches (my own game does not do this/require this).
Avalon is a medium-sized map.
15 terrain paints used throughout map, exceeding EA suggested numbers, but those make me cry.
5 layers, one each for Objects, Plants & Trees, Spawners, Lots
2 Custom road layers used:
one is just a sidewalk set at negative opacity so it is invisible other than occasionally showing when first loading the world or from a great distance.
2 Generic Digsite
66 Fish - Some are WA French Common and French uncommon (I like frogs!)
47 Butterfly - Some of which are WA French Glowy butterflies
72 Minor Pet
33 Gem - Includes WA spawners for geodes, soulpeace, and mixed gems from China, Egypt and France but in lesser quantities
10 Metal - no WA
The base camp lot does have common koi in its pond (China)
Water and steep cliffs are unrouteable as are some of the narrowest bits/tips of the island and some tiny bits of beach/terrain that would have only been accessible if one could go down steep cliffs. Flat areas and most gentle slopes are routeable- I did not always paint the map unrouteable under thick trees or objects, so that if you remove trees or landmarks in the in-game editor, you can place lots (hopefully) where they were.
Camera Routing goes everywhere except I added a small bit of no-camera routes to the very corners of map to round them and hopefully stop cameras from getting wedged.
There is a smaller island that is a nice location for a hidden tomb accessed via dive well. It has no routing to it *unless* you use a dive well or other such thing.
Apparently the old multi-part file info I'd had is gone, here's some instructions I've cribbed from the overview for Pyronium's world "Setra" . (CHeck the world out is lovely!)[list][*]Make a folder to any location you can easily find - desktop for example[*]Download all 9 files in this thread and save them to the folder you just created[*]Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..."[*]When prompted, browse the next file by finding the folder they are in and selecting the next file asked for[*]Repeat until all files are extracted[*]Copy the sims3pack you got and move it to your documents/Electronic arts/Sims 3/Downloads[*]There, double click on the file and let launcher complete the install process[*]Play and enjoy!
IF you cannot get multipart files to work, I do have the world also hosted at my Bakasims site as a single .rar but please be kind to my bandwith and try getting it here at MTS first if possible =)
As with all my worlds:
You may not redistribute this world file on any other Sims content site!
You may share your savegame files with others, just link them back to here or to my personal little corner of the Sims community http://www.bakasims.com for the world file itself.
You may use the world in your storytelling, whether it's screencaps, movies, whatever, really. Please credit and link back if you do so! =)
Thanks to everyone in the MTS #create channel & CAW forum for the help & support
Special thanks to Atavera for unlocking the mysteries, and SimSample for tirelessly moderating the forum & helping investigate new theories
Thanks to Twallan at Nraas for his handy dandy mods
<3 Inge and Peter Jones and their hearty crew at SimLogical for S3PE and other great tools
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.