Dipper's Child Vampire Overhaul Mod
Version 0.7.8 Alpha
Are you tired of little vampires who don't feel like little vampires? Toss on this mod and they'll be the same foul
plasma-sucking fiends as the rest of 'em!
Read the patch notes from the bottom up, if you're new - they'll make more sense that way.
Fixed a bug that was preventing human children from being turned.
So it turns out that manually aging up vampires didn't work the way I thought it did. So I tweaked it to get the experience I was looking for:
- Vampires - of all ages - are now subjected to natural aging the same way as everyone else.
- Vampires who drink the plasma of another sim have their aging process reset back to the beginning of the stage, as though they had just drank a Potion of Youth.
- A 500% increase of "Bonus Days" has been added to those with the Manifested Vampire trait.
The practical effects of this are that if you play without autoaging, you can now manually age up your vampire whenever you want. If you play WITH autoaging, you have to make a concentrated effort to age up your sim - he or she has to quit sim drinking cold turkey and go with plasma packs and plasma fruit for the entire duration of their current age category.
If you're into roleplaying, you could call this a ritual fast in order to attain some kind of elevated status.
- Released 1/30/17 (Figures I'd crack it right after releasing 0.5.2)
- Vampire Children can now feed on the living. Tastes like chicken!
- Human Children, conversely, can now be victims of vampire bites. It looks particularly gruesome when an adult vampire feeds on one, because where they'd normally grab an adult victim's waist, instead they wind up wringing the kid's neck.
- Vampire children can turn others into vampires, and human children can be turned. (Bugged; Human Children couldn't be turned until 0.7.8)
- Vampire children can now practice Dark Meditation.
- Vampire children can drink cocktails of sun resistance, as well as the vampire cure. Hey, it may be alcoholic, but it's also life and (un)death.
- Fake vampire wannabes now come in all ages from Child through Adult.
- Vampire children can now get vampire-related whims.
- Known Issues: As Below.
- Initial Release (1/30/17)
- Vampire Children now have the following vampire characteristics:
- Vulnerability to Sunlight (including ability to die by sunlight exposure)
- Hunger, Bladder and Energy Needs Removed
- Thirst Need Added
- Vampire Energy Bar Added
- Need to Drink Plasma in order to Replenish Thirst
- Child and Teen Vampires no longer age up naturally. Eternal life is a bummer that way. (Altered 0.7.5)
- Child Vampires can now sleep in coffins to replenish Vampire Energy.
- Child Vampires can now drink plasma packs and eat plasma fruit to restore Thirst.
- All NPC Vampire Archetypes can now appear at any age from child through elder.
- Toddler vampires who age up to Child will receive the bat form power upon aging, in the same way that child vampires used to get the bat form when aging to Teen.
- Known Issues:
- As is often the case when child sims do adultish things, their legs have a tendency to stretch out really long.
- Currently vampire children do not have an XP bar, nor can they purchase powers or weaknesses. However, any vampire XP earned will be available if they should age up to Teen.
- Vampire children cannot feed on the living. (Fixed 0.7)
- Created vampire children do not get the bat form.
- Vampire children cannot use Dark Meditation, or most other vampire interface options. They can request training from more experienced vampires: I have no idea what happens when they do, haven't playtested that far yet. (Fixed 0.7)
- Child Vampires do not currently have a Dark Form.
As Vampires is still very new, I don't imagine there'll be any conflicts at this time, but I'll report any I learn of.
Hope you enjoy!