06/06/2017 Seating bug now fixed, please redownload. Just have the new file replace the old file and that should fix it. The new file does not have the bug.
The food stand and the foods (all of which must be downloaded - their serving platters as well) must be in the same directory (e.g. if you have a separate folder of AriesFlare's food and have the food stand at a different folder, the food (that is not in the folder of the food stand) will not work - the chef will try to cook it 2-3 times before an error occurs).
Be sure you want to use the food stand and its food beforehand as I have heard that you should not delete food after it has been used and eaten in your game.
I am renovating my Riverblossom Hills and both bored with the vanilla game BV food stands and too lazy to start restaurants for all the food I've downloaded, so I am doing a new project (continuation?) of bienchen83's Community Lot Revolution
(as such, you set up the food stand the same way as bienchen83's). Since the current lot I'm building is to be a pub/gastropub of sorts, I made a menu for that. If it wasn't for bienchen83's help, I wouldn't even know how to have gotten started (SimPE is very useful but also very overwhelming to someone creating their first project). It uses CC food from the following (found on MTS - click link to get to download page):
Make sure that the resulting folder looks like this so that the food stand works:
You will find it in the end of "Appliances" -> "Stove". It should be listed as "Llama's Head Gastropub" and is available for §4500.
The polygon count for this is: 2920.
Photos use various custom content, mostly from Around the Sims 2 - Irish Pub
Set up instructions:
- Enter "moveobjects on" (sans quotes) in cheat box
- Locate the food stand at "Appliances" -> "Stove". It should be at the end of the catalog for that.
- Place the food stand
- Using the chairs as a guideline, place island counters.
- Delete the 4 chairs that came with the stand and replace with a bar stool of your choice. The initial chairs must be deleted or sims will have problems using the food stand.
- Decorate the surroundings as you like. When you want to use it, click on the stove or the island counters to see the menu.
Much thanks to bienchen83 (and EA) for the food stand mesh and tutorial on how to modify them like this. Thanks to AriesFlare, lientebollemeis, and eris3000 for the foods used in the project. Also SimPE
(doubt I could do it without that).