This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below the description for more information.
As summer approaches, dresses are usually the one priority thing I think of when making CC, because... Dresses! And in this case, Camisole dresses! Now why Camisole dresses you may think?... To be really honest, I have no idea, but I do this camisole dresses are quite comfortable and would make great nightgowns as well! And, since it's also maternity compatible, I thought it would make a great addition to the Maternity and beyond theme
But I'll stop the boring rambling about Camisole dresses, and let's move to the more exciting part!
The set itself
The set itself looks quite huge, but actually it's just a very unlimited variety of texture edits used on the mesh itself. So basically, there are only 6 meshes, but over 12 different variations! And the meshes itself are just differences in length of the skirt itself So plenty to choose from! I also uploaded those files separately, so say you only want to no lace and no shirt version, you can easily get those! Or, if you feel like it, get the all version which is basically an 'all-in-one' package!
By default, they also come with 3 different presets, as shown in the images!
The technical bits!
We all gotta love the technical bits... anyways! Let's start off with the easy information:
Age & Gender
Young adult - Female
Adult - Female
I wanted to go with teens as well but for some reason the textures would bleed through on the arms in a way that I've never seen before. But I am planning on finding out ways to get it teen-compatible
Has all morphs! (Base, fat, fit, thin, maternity)
The textures are all hand-drawn, except for the lace... I used Bonehilda's maid outfit as a reference for that!
While the mesh looks quite simple, I also meshed it myself, both the shirt and non-shirt version!
The channels differ a little depending on the camisole dress as shown in the images. They do go up to 3 channels though! They cover up either the: Dress, lace and shirt
While I've tried to fix this... the dress, especially the long one (Not the maxi one) Seems to have some clipping. Which can be seen right here:
It's actually quite minor, it only occures when a sim's leg would, say... stand crossed. So it's nothing that would really occure while walking or running as far as I've tested it
Polygon Counts: With shirts:
LOD1: 3798 polys
LOD2: 2103 polys
LOD3: 660 polys
LOD1: 3810 polys
LOD2: 1712 polys
LOD3: 503 polys
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.