38 Comments / replies (Who?
*** I've marked this unsupported because I don't intend to improve it. Please use an alternative. I'm currently using the HCDU at simwardrobe.com for this purpose. Note to any mods: feel free to archive this thread. Thanks. ***
Here's another console app that helps modders find conflicts. I've been using this for quite some time, but it's been a while since I made a proper update.
This program checks for global resource conflicts in your package file mods. Also checks for GUID conflicts.
To check your files, copy the d2Check.exe file to your "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" folder (or wherever you put Sims 2 mod files) and double-click on it there.
To send the output of this program to a file, specify the output file in the command. To do this from a command shell, for example, type:
The above will produce the output of this program into a file called "output.txt" (which you can examine later with any text editor).
To check for object GUID conflicts, run d2Check in the same folder as your object package files.
To check for GUID conflicts with default objects, copy the objects.package in your "Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects" folder to some other folder along with the object packages and this program, then run d2Check.
If you run into conflicts in Merola's objects like:
"Type = 4D453634, Group = 4D453634, Instance = 4D453634 in file ME_MultiPainting.package"
Just be aware that the above instance is just Merola's signature resource (which is quite non-standard) and it will appear to conflict with every other Merola object for that reason.
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
||29th Sep 2005
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
(Windows) or Stuffit
(Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder:
Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files:
Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
38 Comments / Replies (Who?
- 37 Feedback Posts