PDA

View Full Version : How would I make an item that is on a sims arms?

Rissa_Fox
19th Nov 2006, 5:49 AM
How would I make an item that is on a sims arms?
Right on the skin of a sims arms.

I would really like to know.
I searched the forums for a tutorial for this, but I couldn't find anything.

I really need some help.
So... can anyone help me?

By the way, these forums are headache indusingly confusing.
They give rules but I have no clue what the forum/subforum is for and if I am even posting in the right place.
I have been surfing this site for about an hour trying to figure out where this thread would fit...
But I am getting off topic.

tiggerypum
19th Nov 2006, 9:12 AM
Unfortunately modding the sims is complicated, and thus there are several forum areas devoted to the different topics. It does take a little while to get used to it. Modding the sims when you get beyond recoloring things is also headache inducing, so be prepared ;)

Your question. Are you wanting to draw something _on_ the arm, or did you want to try and add something 3D, like a big clunk bracelet.

To draw something on the arm (appropriate for snug jewelry) you need to have the uvmap of the particular outfit you're adding it to so you can see exactly where the decoration goes - and make a recolor of the outfit (aka skinning). There's a set of tutorials to teach the basics, and then with a few more pointers you'll be set. In this area, where you are - top of the page, tutorials...

If you want to make something 3D, we're talking even more complicated. It takes time to be able to make new meshes and get them in the game properly, you'd start by learning how to _modify_ a body mesh. Then you'd likely make your item as an accessory (like the eyeglasses, but, say, a bracelet). Or you might just make it part of a particular outfit mesh. Body meshing area is over here: http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34