PDA

View Full Version : sorry

kk102194
19th Nov 2006, 11:17 PM
sorry i have another question i tried to follow bluesims tut on makeing a top out of a picture with gimp when i pasted the picture i tried to move it to the front of the top and it wouldnt work and also the pic of the shirt is to big to put i dont now how to make small please help :(

Simguy182
20th Nov 2006, 12:06 AM
what do you mean it wouldnt work to put the picutre infront of the top?

You must first create a new layer, this should be created over the background. There, paste your picture and use the resize tool (shift + T) to scale it to the size you need and once done, anchor it on the right place on the new layer.

kk102194
21st Nov 2006, 7:57 PM
thank u verry much im kind of new at nowing how to make clothing

kk102194
21st Nov 2006, 7:58 PM
but if anyone has more help help

HystericalParoxysm
21st Nov 2006, 8:55 PM
Simguy just told you how to resize an image in GIMP. You have also been told to check GIMP's help file for instructions as well. If you have further -problems- or you misunderstood part of what he said then you can ask specific questions, but if you're having trouble using your graphics editing program, the quickest way to get answers is to see that program's help file, tutorials and support on its official site, and try googling for things like "resize image in GIMP" when you get stuck.

kk102194
21st Nov 2006, 9:56 PM
i have another question sorry how do u cut the shirts and make the front and back in seprate pictures

tiggerypum
22nd Nov 2006, 2:43 AM
kk, with all respect, you are just not ready to do this yet. Bluesims found a site that had pictures of the front and back of a shirt, and the pictures happened to be very nice and near perfect and thus made for an easy job to change them into sim shirts.

If you don't know how to cut apart graphics, copy, paste and put things back together and have them on different layers and such, you will not be able to do this project. I'm going to restate what's been said here - go to the net, and learn how to use gimp (or whatever editor you're using). Do that by finding tutorials, and simply following the directions in them. Do them as written - sure you're not trying to make whatever they have you make - but in the end you will have learned how to use all the editing tools.

Learning how to do advanced graphics editing, involving layers, effects, blending, resizing, and generally fiddling with stuff just takes time (photoskinning is *not* easy to do right). This is just like any other skill, like when you learned to read, or to do math, you have to start near the beginning, learn basics, and the practice and then learn a few new things and practice more and so on.

We can't look over your shoulder, and we can't be your personal step by step tutor when you keep asking such general questions. You need to go and do more gimp tutorials so you can get the hang of using the editor and it's features.

kk102194
22nd Nov 2006, 3:41 AM
thanks and thats wut i did and i found out and i did it