PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best program?

jamesrob92
2nd Dec 2006, 4:32 PM
hi i dont know if this is the right place but:

i want to know whats the best program to recolor and make clothes etc..

doesnt have to be free i just want to know whats the best... i want a program thats easy to use and works well with sims2

thanks!

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Dec 2006, 4:57 PM
Any program that can handle multiple layers and layer blend types/opacities, do interesting brushes with different opacity to brush types, and has a variety of filters is useful for Sims 2 texturing.

I recommend Photoshop, which you can either get the brand new version for around $600, or get a used version of Photoshop 7 for around $40 on eBay with about the same features, which is what I would recommend.

Freeware programs and other programs that can handle the items above that I mentioned are certainly usable, I just find there's the most support, tutorials, and versatility to Photoshop.

jamesrob92
2nd Dec 2006, 5:05 PM
thanks, do u have versions of best u can give me? like names and stuff

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Dec 2006, 5:27 PM
As I said, Photoshop 7 is perfectly sufficient and what I would recommend, as a good mixture of features and price. If you want other programs, try looking in the Skinning FAQ stickied at the top of this forum, as there are other pay and free programs listed there, and a Wikipedia search for "raster graphics editor" you'll find lots of programs listed. Again, as long as they have the features I mentioned, they can be used for skinning. You may want to poke around at a few and see what you like.

I use Photoshop CS2, but I've used Photoshop 7 and it works just fine.

jamesrob92
2nd Dec 2006, 5:51 PM
ok thank u