PDA

View Full Version : 3 mb?

PegasusDiana
25th Mar 2007, 2:14 PM
This is the wrong forum I'm working on clothing, tried to delete it won't delete. So I'm very sorry.

I finally decided to try some recoloring and texturing. When bodyshop exports everything all the files are 3 megs each. Well I'm done now and when I saved them their all still 3 megs, but I did a toughy for my first time out like a big dummy, so I had to work on three alpha's and three texture files that comes to 18 megs. I don't put all that in my game to try it out do I? I saved them the same way body shop exported them as 24 bit bmp's. At first I thought maybe it was just that outfit so I exported one of Maxi's shirts to see, looked in the folder both files in the folder are 3 megs and it's one of their female summer shirts. What am I doing wrong? Or am I doing anything wrong? The package file says 240 kb that's in the folder with my finished project. I'm assuming that's what goes in the game? What I use? I went back through the tut I did, not from here and I can't find where they say what size the files are Maxi exports or how I test it out. I'll go through the tuts here now and see if I can figure this out. Should have known better. But now I'd like to test it out and see how horrible it is so I know if I wanna go through all that again! lol

kalynn06
25th Mar 2007, 6:02 PM
That sounds like the file sizes as exported are about right. The game file is what you'd want to check. It's in the Saved Sims folder instead of in the projects folder you worked on.
Also, don't worry about putting anything in to test your outfit out. Once you hit "Import into Game in Body Shop" the program makes a package for you and puts it in your Saved Sims" folder, and it's in your game with no file juggling :)

Good luck on your project!

K

PegasusDiana
26th Mar 2007, 6:48 AM
Thank you very much. I found that last night, I was checking the dl folder looking for it doh. It looks ok for my first try, I sent it to the creator of the mesh to approve and I want to make a few more outfits as well for that same mesh. I did a lot of alpha editing since I was familiar with it from Poser. Kinda dumb to jump straight in alpha editing and re-texturing before I even do a re-color. But it all worked out after going bald. I'm just bound and determined to learn everything so jumping here and there. I need to just slow down and take my time. Rome wasn't built in a day. lol

callum91
26th Mar 2007, 11:19 AM
3mb is a good size for when Bodsyshop exports the textures (even tho 3mb per each texture is HUGE, :lol:)
Skins are massive also,I think a total of 75 (not sure about this,but pretty close i think) textures x3mb each thats a lot. So dont be alarmed at the massive amount of MBs :)
Once youve completed your project you can get rid of those textures if they take up too much HD space if you want :)

PegasusDiana
26th Mar 2007, 4:33 PM
3mb is a good size for when Bodsyshop exports the textures (even tho 3mb per each texture is HUGE, :lol:)
Skins are massive also,I think a total of 75 (not sure about this,but pretty close i think) textures x3mb each thats a lot. So dont be alarmed at the massive amount of MBs :)
Once youve completed your project you can get rid of those textures if they take up too much HD space if you want :)

I was just worried thinking my gosh what the heck did I do! No one wants no 18 meg dress. I'm just trying to learn...Meshing is what I really want to learn and animation. Oh well someday, I'll just keep treading along at a snails pace. Skinning is next on my agenda. I want to make some fish skin for my mermaid and fins for her arms, gills. Here we go with the meshing again. I don't want much...Ok I lie. I made the texture just got to get it the right size for them. One thing I noticed when I made some lace, looked perfect on the texture image, but when I looked at it in body shop I almost fainted lol, if it's not the right size it looks like I don't know what a glob of goo...