PDA

View Full Version : Help, packages won't show up :(

mulchar
8th Apr 2009, 2:58 PM
I have created some walls and floors with HCP. But after I put the packages file to the downloads folder, and start the game, it wont show up. so, why? can somebody please help me?

P.S. I've changed the file names (with .package on the back)

HystericalParoxysm
8th Apr 2009, 3:05 PM
Err, the files will already be -in- the Downloads folder when created, so I'm guessing you're moving them somewhere they don't need to be. You shouldn't have to move anything.

mulchar
8th Apr 2009, 3:16 PM
Err, the files will already be -in- the Downloads folder when created, so I'm guessing you're moving them somewhere they don't need to be. You shouldn't have to move anything.
Yeah I know it's automatically on the download folder. But I didn't move anything. Is renaming the file cause it? Thanks for replying

HystericalParoxysm
8th Apr 2009, 3:21 PM
Well, you said you put the packages in the Downloads folder so that sort of implies that you moved it...

Renaming, as long as you do it properly and don't give it a massively long filename, usually isn't a problem. If it's named something like "GreenStripedWall.package" or whatever, that should work fine. Maybe you messed up in renaming it. Can you show us a screenshot of the files in your Downloads folder, with file extensions on and the full filenames showing (details view is good for that)?

bluetexasbonnie
8th Apr 2009, 3:22 PM
Assuming you didn't put any strange characters in the filename, and it is unique, there shouldn't be a problem with renaming. It was the 'wall-gobbledygook.pkg' file that you renamed, right?

mulchar
8th Apr 2009, 3:29 PM
Ok, here's the screenshot:
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo5/mulchar/Untitled-3.png

Thanks

mulchar
9th Apr 2009, 1:32 PM
Uh, nevermind guys. Last night after I restart my comp, it worked just fine :D. Sorry for the trouble