PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

gamegrl66
5th Feb 2009, 11:37 PM
Does anyone pay attention and use this feature? I keep forgetting about it. Most of my Sims' meter are always empty even if they have 20 friends! What happens if it's filled? What happens if it's in full red?

coltraz
6th Feb 2009, 1:26 AM
Yep, I have never ever used the reputation system and I actually have no idea how it works to be honest. It doesn't even seem like much of a feature. The only thing that is obvious about it is when you see the option to "gesture", but that really doesn't seem to do much...

mangaroo
6th Feb 2009, 3:44 AM
The reputation bar isn't affected by the number of friends a Sim has. It changes according to the type of behavior a Sim demonstrates on community lots.

The better a Sim's reputation, the more likely they are to receive positive rewards from social interactions (discount furniture, promotions, higher wages, blind dates). I haven't had any Sims with a red bar, so I don't know what the negative consequences are (lower pay? higher rent? getting fired?).

coltraz
6th Feb 2009, 3:46 AM
So what about the behavior you demonstrate to friends or the mailman or passerbyer's on your home lot? That doesn't affect anything? What a shame.

Tigga07_SC
6th Feb 2009, 3:51 AM
The Sim Chic who lives in the trailer park, one my of sims married her and I thought I could help improve her lot in life. Her reputation meter was all the way red after she divorced Another Maxis made Sim in BellaDonaCove (Don't know his name he lives with a teenage daughter). Well apparently she didn't want to have kids according to the premade Maxis story line and they got divorced. But I checked her memories and and her turn on's and turn off after she married my sim and turns out one of her Turn On's is Makeup!! (Maxis hinting at something??LOL)
Well anyways, it explains why she would get some of the reactions out on community lots, atleast that's how it seems. If you want to try it yourself and don't want to use your own sim to experiment with Red Reputation Meters go to BellaDonaCove and the Sim Woman who lives in the run down tralier park. Maxis says she's in the red reputation wise because she divorced her husband who is rich wealthy and well known and was alienated from the community. Have fun!!

LegolianM
6th Feb 2009, 3:52 AM
I have quite a few sims with very red reputation bars. XD All I've noticed from it is that other sims seem to be acting hostile towards them more than usual. I had two of my sims with bad reputations become enemies within hours of meeting each other because the moment they met, they started poking and shoving each other around without any prior negative interaction.

I'll have to see if I notice anything else that comes from having a bad reputation. Aside from everyone reacting in disgust when they walk into the room. XD

Katya Stevens
6th Feb 2009, 7:48 PM
I haven't had any Sims with a red bar, so I don't know what the negative consequences are (lower pay? higher rent? getting fired?).

I've seen a couple of legacies with sims with bad reputations and a couple of consequences were higher buy mode costs and never getting promoted (dunno how long that would last though).

You would think other sims would avoid sims with bad reputations, as opposed to coming up to them and start annoying/poking/shoving them :P

Astrognash
6th Feb 2009, 10:14 PM
I believe they said both had very low reputations. Which seems to be a good way to make sims evil.

Blake_SC
6th Feb 2009, 10:52 PM
So what about the behavior you demonstrate to friends or the mailman or passerbyer's on your home lot? That doesn't affect anything? What a shame.
But why should the reputation be changing because you're being courteous to passersby? The reputation system works perfectly to me, as Maxis shouldn't make every interaction on a private lot (someone's home, etc.) affect the meter seeing as the rest of the community won't see it, plus - tons of actions go on on private lots as well, that would take a lot of memory to calculate each and every one into the meter.

I love the reputation thing, my sim got engaged on a lot and her reputation skyrocketed! I got a computer and a waterfall! :D!

ced1106
8th Feb 2009, 2:17 AM
Yep, I have never ever used the reputation system and I actually have no idea how it works to be honest. It doesn't even seem like much of a feature. The only thing that is obvious about it is when you see the option to "gesture", but that really doesn't seem to do much...

Me ditto. My Sims go out on dates and end up with PDA's like monkeybusiness. As a result, their reputations skyrocket and I get people greeting my Sims. Talk about your LOL WHUT moments... :D

Anyway, keep posting about Reputation! I'm curious, even if I don't use it.

dallasindc
10th Feb 2009, 11:46 PM
you can gain reputation by interacting with the townies that are in the "social classes", such as socialite, jock, etc. NPCs don't count. But if your sim is uncompatible with that social townie, then go away fast. your reputation can drop that way.

el_flel
11th Feb 2009, 4:42 AM
The bonuses I've had from good reputation are higher-level job offers, discounts off everything in the catalogue, blind dates and "free samples" of things (basically just free catalogue items). I'm quite liking the rep thing, I have yet to try out a Sim with a bad rep.

x-tashi-x_SC
11th Feb 2009, 6:09 AM
I started a business not that long ago and its going great. My person has a wonderful reputation and has so far been given 4 plasma TVs (for the wall) 2 onf the ones on the ground, and 2 computers! Plus like 7 blind dates and 6 people have offered her cheap furniture. She has never visited a community lot. I wonder if having a home business affects the reputation bar?