PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2009

angel4rab
17th May 2009, 1:05 AM
Did anyone watch tonights eurovision song contest? What do you think about the song that won, Norways. I really liked it myself, and also Icelands one. What i was most happy about was how the uk didnt come last. I also really enjoyed the spanish entry, but i think they came in the bottom ones, cant really remember.

KyleTheArtist
17th May 2009, 1:14 AM
Have not seem it since I ain't in Europe any more. England is always coming last, they should stop bother going there, or get some allies that would vote for them :lol:

razztazzberry_SC
17th May 2009, 1:17 AM
I watched it, and I quite enjoyed it. I like how much fairer the voting was this time round, and how it was far less political than it has been before. I think Norway really did deserve to win Ė it was a great song, entertaining to watch and quite original as well. Plus the violin playing was great. I also liked the Estonian, Portuguese and German ones, although they didnít do as well as I thought they would. But I guess thatís just my tastes.

simsimsims
17th May 2009, 1:24 AM
Have not seem it since I ain't in Europe any more. England is always coming last, they should stop bother going there, or get some allies that would vote for them :lol:

United Kingdom came 5th this year :D:D

I really liked icelands entry the best, Norway was ok too though I guess.

Just incase any of you want to know the final scores if you didnt watch:

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2009
Final

01. Norway 387
02. Iceland 218
03. Azerbaijan 207
04. Turkey 177
05. United Kingdom 173
06. Estonia 129
07. Greece 120
08. France 107
09. Bosnia Herzegovina 106
10. Armenia 92
11. Russia 91
12. Ukraine 76
13. Denmark 74
14. Moldova 68
15. Portugal 57
16. Israel 53
17. Albania 48
18. Croatia 45
19. Romania 40
20. Germany 35
21. Sweden 33
22. Malta 31
23. Lithuania 23
23. Spain 23
25. Finland 22

I must say I certainly enjoyed this years contest :P

angel4rab
17th May 2009, 1:24 AM
Uk came fourth or fifth. The voting was alot better. It was more like a song contest this year, and not just countries voting for there neighbour. The best song won in my opinion, it was really catchy.

AtropaMandragora
17th May 2009, 1:30 AM
Us Swedes suck at voting for the 'right' song in our national finals. Didn't take much of an interest this year, because last year p*ssed me off to no end. Had the first runner up, or better yet, the second runner up won that year, we would've done better.

But anyway... I still have only heard a few seconds of Norway's song, so I can't really say anything about it, but I would like to say congratulations to the Norwegians. At least Scandinavia as a whole has done well the past couple of years. :D

w_sims
17th May 2009, 1:57 AM
I'm so happy the UK came 5th, it's a great improvement and I love how the better songs were higher up in the rankings. If I want politics I'll go to the House of Parliament.

That said, neither Norway's song or it's artist appealed to me very much.... I don't think, personally, it deserved to win or be the highest scoring song in Eurovision history.

I liked Greece's entry. Iceland was very good, too - I'm glad it came second. Sweden was strange and brilliant, but I don't know what Germany were thinking.

chyrun
17th May 2009, 1:34 PM
I haven't watched it since I was a kid. I did turn on the tv to see Estonia perform, but we sucked. Just like every year.

kailay_SC
17th May 2009, 7:17 PM
I haven't watched it since I was a kid. I did turn on the tv to see Estonia perform, but we sucked. Just like every year.

I think the estonian song was really good! Atleast they weren't last. I can't belive finland got last! seriously! was it that bad???? :eviltongu

I really liked norways, estonias and icelands songs!

chyrun
17th May 2009, 7:19 PM
It's just a matter of personal taste. Every time they play it on the radio I have to change the channel, it's just so bad. Thanks to the studio version I thought Sandra could actually sing alas I was proven wrong when I saw the Eurovision live performance.

Shnorlick_SC
17th May 2009, 7:22 PM
Did anyone watch tonights eurovision song contest? What do you think about the song that won, Norways. I really liked it myself, and also Icelands one. What i was most happy about was how the uk didnt come last. I also really enjoyed the spanish entry, but i think they came in the bottom ones, cant really remember.

Spain were AWFUL! The guy was soooo slimy and the women had awful dresses, especially the leading woman. Awful song too! I also couldn't stand France, found Icelands pretty boring and not too keen on Turkeys either.

I wasn't too keen on Norways but preferred it to all those above. I actually liked Macedonia, Greece and Germany for their cheeseyness and thought the lady from Malta had an outstanding voice.

Didn't like the UK's entry at all, I think Eurovision should all be about the cheese rather than slow stuff. Still, I'm glad we didn't come last this year, it was a good effort even though it wasn't to my taste.

Cloudburst
17th May 2009, 7:56 PM
I liked eurovision this year, the standard seemed to be much higher than previous years, although there seemed to be too many dramatic-like songs for my liking and not enough weird/fun stuff. I didn't really like Norway's song, and I can't see at all how it got so many points. I'm not saying it shouldn't have won, but it wasn't that special compared to the rest of the songs. I kind of hoped Malta would do better as that was my favourite song, but ended up 22nd. Our song (UK) wasn't really that great, so I'm surprised it did so well. Hopefully we'll come up with a decent song next year and maybe we'll win...

stariscool
22nd May 2009, 4:48 PM
I have to agree, our UK entry song wasn't that well written, it made me cringe as she sang it. Yeah, she could sing, but the song just wasn't all it was hyped up to be. Was suprised people out there in Europe liked it. Gotta agree with Shnorlick, it should be all about the cheese. We should stop bothering with serious acts, just go for the cheese factor. But then again, Scooch were down-right abismal...

Thrior
25th May 2009, 2:16 PM
I pretty much despise Eurovision since they usually just play the same europop crap and there's too much politics in it but this time I must say that Norway totally deserved the first place. I actually really like the song.
Norway, Germany and Ukraine were the only ones that I actually still remember. All the others didn't have any kind of... erm... speciality which would have caused them to stick into my mind.
I'm from Finland... and I must say our song this year was something totally horrible. I'm not a least bit suprised we were last. No offence to any Waldo fans =P

Ellebasi
25th May 2009, 3:57 PM
I thought the UK song was pretty boring, heh. Too much musical, it's supposed to be all bagpipes and etno :D

Before the semifinals started my faves were Norway and Switzerland but then since Switzerland didn't make it, I rooted for Norway and I'm so glad Alexander won!!

I kinda liked Armenia too though, and Turkey, I've got a soft spot for the stuff Turkey and Greece usually send.

I hated our(Sweden's) song this year, but to our defense I have to say that the performance in Moscow was a lot worse than she had done before. Nerves, perhaps. Idk.

Picassokilling
27th May 2009, 10:33 AM
The songs aren't really my taste of music, but I always watch it anyway. Am I the only one who liked the song from croatia? It reminded me of a song you would hear on a greek or croatian restaurant.
I liked the german song as well.

Epi_lepsia
27th May 2009, 1:10 PM
Am i the only one who is super mad about the swiss not going to the finals?

Oh Switzerland, this is what happens when you don't have friends at all.

Nenya
27th May 2009, 1:30 PM
I'm so glad we won :D

wlsestudios
27th May 2009, 1:32 PM
The norwegian one wasn't that good... and it got loads of votes WHY...?

Couldn't agree more!

I don't think the song was good, and he couldn't sing like Jade could!

alm98
24th Jun 2009, 12:42 PM
i love norway im so glad for they win.my country(turkey)s song is good but Hadise cant sing it good in final and semi-final.in real she sings perfect.

imaginaryboy09
25th Jun 2009, 7:05 PM
Yes I watched the contest. Yeah it was good. pitty ireland did'nt get through. Estonia werent that bad.

Cylly1512
26th Jun 2009, 1:24 PM
Yay im so happy that EST got the 6th place!!!!!! Wow estonia has got 6th place one time in the history Estonia did get the place for 89 points :D!!!!
Estonia is the best!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well my first place still is fo Norway but...

valerioni
2nd Jul 2009, 8:33 PM
Greece was awesome!!
Sakis rouvas is GOD!!7 place ..i know the song was not perfect...but no and seven!!

Ingeborgsk
2nd Jul 2009, 9:52 PM
I'm so glad my country actually managed to win something! :D Go Norway! We ruled. After the first 12 points to norway, I knew that we were gonna win!

But I'm sooo sick of fairytale now... All radio channels insist on replaying the song over and over again -___- Well, I can't wait for Norway to be the hosts of next eurovision! Gotta get tickets :D