PDA

View Full Version : Games That You Can't Win

Rabid
25th Aug 2008, 12:40 AM
While sorting through some of my old computer games earlier, I came across a few that I could never defeat and thought that it would make a good thread. What game have you never been able to win, no matter how hard you tried? For me, it was Barbie Carnival Caper- I played that game like mad when I was younger and never managed to find the carnival caper. I even got my sister to try, and despite being nineteen back then, she couldn't win, either. I also couldn't defeat Where In Time Is Carmen San Diego- I always got hung up at the Leif Ericsson mission because I couldn't find the last clue. But enough about me- what games can't you win?

craziidaisii
25th Aug 2008, 12:45 AM
I used to play a Scooby Doo game and I never won. My sister could, but never me. It used to make me cry, but now I can't even find the game. There was also a Madeline game I could never beat. I played some really weird games...

Ranta
25th Aug 2008, 1:34 AM
Rayman! Oh my god, I remember one part where you had to surf down this obstacle course- which was entirely coated in lava and such. I never got past it, and my dad tried several times and couldn't get past it either. I really want to try that again, now. :P

afinefrenzy
25th Aug 2008, 2:19 AM
I could never win that Barbie game either... friggin' Barbie. What is she doing investigating carnivals anyways? There was Spyro too, never could beat that. Hmm... what else. OH! These Nancy Drew games... there was one about a Haunted Mansion/hotel thing that I could never beat. I had won all the others, but never that one. I'm thinking of reinstalling it and trying it again. :lol:

ElPresidente
26th Aug 2008, 2:17 AM
*points posters in the direction of www.gamefaqs.com for the purposes of finding the answers to their woes and in the direction of www.gamerankings.com so they can find some good games and stop buying licensed Barbie rubbish* :P

treeag
26th Aug 2008, 2:35 AM
Back when I was around 7 I used to play Lion King on SEGA, and I couldn't figure out what to do at the stage with caves, I was really frustated. 3 years later I was around 10 and still can't beat the game. I have since given up.

I think I never finished Aladdin too, and Rayman definitely. Whether it's Rayman 1, 2, 3, etc. I ALWAYS stuck at certain level. I remember one of them being the one with lava, and we're supposed to fly upwards, but there's this big ass rock coming down and squished the character :blink:

Oh, and I don't think I can finish any Agatha Christie games without a walkthrough *hangs head in shame* In "And then there were none", I was stuck at the very beginning where I should find a flashlight. It took me 2 hours just to find it, and a day to look for the battery. I gave up and looked for a guide. Who in their right mind would keep batteries in a flour sack?

declandabest_SC
26th Aug 2008, 2:43 AM
super mario sunshine ! those friggin secret levels where FLUDD was taken away from you, why did they make them so difficult !

oh yeah and beyond good and evil, i know its an awesome game but i got stuck on a level, and cus i'm so darn lucky my memory card became full whilst i was playing so i couldnt save :(

ElPresidente
26th Aug 2008, 7:39 AM
Bad news regarding Beyond Good & Evil there... you may want to start her up again considering the sequel is now in production. Huzzah!

Back when I was around 7 I used to play Lion King on SEGA, and I couldn't figure out what to do at the stage with caves, I was really frustated. 3 years later I was around 10 and still can't beat the game. I have since given up.

I think I never finished Aladdin too, and Rayman definitely. Whether it's Rayman 1, 2, 3, etc. I ALWAYS stuck at certain level. I remember one of them being the one with lava, and we're supposed to fly upwards, but there's this big ass rock coming down and squished the character :blink:

Oh, and I don't think I can finish any Agatha Christie games without a walkthrough *hangs head in shame* In "And then there were none", I was stuck at the very beginning where I should find a flashlight. It took me 2 hours just to find it, and a day to look for the battery. I gave up and looked for a guide. Who in their right mind would keep batteries in a flour sack?

It's called bad game design. Please people... I implore you... read what the critics who have to play these games say. They play them so you don't have to. :)

Simply_Sims
26th Aug 2008, 7:47 AM
I've never beat any of the Final Fantasy games. I'm not so sure that it's because I can't beat them, more like I get bored and stop playing.

lethifold
26th Aug 2008, 7:52 AM
I loved the Barbie games. I beat Carnival Caper, but with my brother's help. I could never beat Where in the World is Carmen San Diego. It was an awesome game (at least, that's what my 7 year old self tells me) but I couldn't beat it. There was also another Barbie game when she was at a fashion show, and I sucked so bad at it, but then again, my brother couldn't get past the same bit.

Synthesis
26th Aug 2008, 9:18 PM
Bad news regarding Beyond Good & Evil there... you may want to start her up again considering the sequel is now in production. Huzzah!

Yeah, I remember watching the trailer some time ago.....really one of the sequels I was hoping against hope would finally get made. I might very well reinstall the original game!

I was never able to beat Ninja Gaiden Black on 'Very Hard'. Just 'Normal' and 'Hard'. I cleared the first level of 'Very Hard', but just barely. I guess I just wasn't 'hardcore' enough.

Rabid
26th Aug 2008, 9:27 PM
I loved the Barbie games. I beat Carnival Caper, but with my brother's help. I could never beat Where in the World is Carmen San Diego. It was an awesome game (at least, that's what my 7 year old self tells me) but I couldn't beat it. There was also another Barbie game when she was at a fashion show, and I sucked so bad at it, but then again, my brother couldn't get past the same bit.

You beat Carnival Caper?! Where the hell was he?! I slaved over that game... if it was compatible with Vista, I would still be trying to defeat it. Carmen Sandiego was indeed an awesome game (I loved the scenario with Nefertiti) and it was very educational, but it drove me insane. Did you manage to get past the Leif Ericsson scenario, or is that where you failed, too? I even roped adults into playing and they couldn't beat either.

friggin' Barbie. What is she doing investigating carnivals anyways?

I have no idea whatsoever. I would very much like to know what she was doing deep-sea diving- I had that game, too :lol:.

sarahdisco
26th Aug 2008, 9:38 PM
I always struggled with Mario Kart on the SNES (Rainbow Road!!))

I always used to get to the 2nd lap, then eveytime, without fail... Yoshi would knock me off and I'd be down in eighth. It took me 16 years to complete that (I recently ressurected my SNES - looks great on a 32 inch TV!)

angelsavoir
27th Aug 2008, 5:16 AM
I really suck at games :( I rarely beat any!! Thats why I like the sims, and harvest moon..

The really hard ones for me are the Final Fantasy series, but i did get the the second disk in FF7!

ElektraNatchios33
27th Aug 2008, 5:38 AM
oh yeah and beyond good and evil, i know its an awesome game but i got stuck on a level, and cus i'm so darn lucky my memory card became full whilst i was playing so i couldnt save :(

Wow, we must be gaming twins or something. Never met somebody who played both TR and Good and Evil...

Anyway, I can't beat Heavenly Sword no matter how hard I try. I am stuck in the first fight with Bohan and have tried every trick in the book. UGH

Cheese
27th Aug 2008, 6:01 AM
I've never beat any of the Final Fantasy games. I'm not so sure that it's because I can't beat them, more like I get bored and stop playing.

Same. I've never finished X-2 because I got so frustrated just trying to beat all the levels and finding all the spheres. That and I can't find the disk! :P

I also never beat Barbie Race & Ride for the PS1. I still have no idea where all the puzzle pieces are, I've only ever found one.

tizerist_
27th Aug 2008, 7:06 AM
i think the last level of driver on ps1 was actually physically impossible. i think.

Panique
27th Aug 2008, 7:22 AM
Unless I'm remembering a different game, I think I beat Carnival Caper when I had it. :P That's odd, because I hardly ever finish games.

One game I did play for a while and never end up finishing was Super Mario 64, however that was probably due to laziness, not getting stuck at a certain point. I probably could have gone further had I been motivated to.

Banjo-Kazooie (the original on the N64) was like that, too. Not extremely difficult, but I never ended up finishing it.

Ocarina of Time had me stuck in the forest temple. I'm not very good at puzzle-type games, so a puzzle temple just has me completely screwed. Never bothered to finish it once I got stuck.

ElPresidente
28th Aug 2008, 4:52 AM
Wow, we must be gaming twins or something. Never met somebody who played both TR and Good and Evil...

You should meet more people. :P

Anyway, I can't beat Heavenly Sword no matter how hard I try. I am stuck in the first fight with Bohan and have tried every trick in the book. UGH

As he is the last boss I highly recommend giving it another shot. It is a tough battle with no health pots around but it can be done. And it is worth it to see the story arc finish. While not an amazing game I really did enjoy Heavenly Sword. Primarily for Andy Sirkis' work as Bohan (what a wonderfully hysterical yet intimidating bad guy) and for the characterisation of Kai.

Anyway on to killing Bohan.

There are three rounds to the fight and your health will refill between each.

Round 1:

Bohan will fly around for a bit so dodge roll while he swoops and wait for him to land. Now stick to speed attacks to get a few combos in and immediately roll away. The trick with this battle is patience. It may be tempting to keep attacking but it is generally best to do a few hits and then flee so you minimise your chances of getting hit by Bohan's lightning attacks (note these attacks can be countered if you so wish). Once his health is down far enough you'll get a quick QTE sequence (where you have to hit specific buttons at specific times when requested) which from memory is circle then square.

Round 2:

Bohan plays out a bit like Flying Fox now and will spend his time in the air. Simply switch to power stance to counter his orange attacks (his most used attacks in this round) and hit him with a power attack when you can. Be careful since after the first attack he will become invulnerable for a brief moment during which time you should increase your range to best prepare for any attacks. Basically counter his ranged attacks until he drops from the sky, smack him, wash, rinse, repeat. Another QTE signals the end of this round.

Round 3:

Your final battle with this scumbag is the most difficult. Bohan is now a mix of Round 1 and Round 2 but his attacking aggressiveness is much greater.

When he is on the ground stick to speed stance but when he is in the air switch to power and counter his attacks til he falls to the ground dazed. Don't hit him with a power attack this time as he will block it (unlike before). Instead jump in with a speed combo.

After a bit he will look unconscious. Just run up to him, hit circle and then follow the QTE prompts.

After a while he will drop for a final time and this time when you hit circle you will go through a slightly longer QTE sequence which will kill Bohan and end the game.

cappyboy
28th Aug 2008, 5:10 AM

No idea. But if my memory of the book serves, that is factually accurate to the story.

ElPresidente
28th Aug 2008, 9:44 AM
Mr Green, with the battery, in the flour sack.

That ole chestnut. :P

lethifold
29th Aug 2008, 7:10 AM
You beat Carnival Caper?! Where the hell was he?! I slaved over that game... if it was compatible with Vista, I would still be trying to defeat it. Carmen Sandiego was indeed an awesome game (I loved the scenario with Nefertiti) and it was very educational, but it drove me insane. Did you manage to get past the Leif Ericsson scenario, or is that where you failed, too? I even roped adults into playing and they couldn't beat either.

I wish I still had both those games. I can't remember who the guy was in Carnival Caper was though, which is really starting to bug me. I had all the Barbie games though, my favourite being the horse riding one.
With Carmen Sandiego I can't actually remember where I gave up. It wasn't too far in, but I found it really hard. Argh. Now I want to go play it!

declandabest_SC
5th Sep 2008, 6:53 AM

lol, well i do have a hunch i was adopted, maybe we were separated at birth !

my taste in games is clearly amazing, tomb raider AND beyond good and evil, not to mention silent hill !

i was so pleased to hear they were making a sequel to beyond good and evil, it was such a cool game, and i loved that boat thingy you could drive around in :P

FlyingEvil_SC
5th Sep 2008, 11:37 AM
Its kinda emerassing but... I cant beat the game Mahjong... I just cant!!!
And thats really emerassing for a person that can beat every other game ever made...
Like, I even collected all the pokemons for pokemon silver, gold and crystall in less than a month :einstein

Jessie Tea
5th Sep 2008, 3:32 PM
While sorting through some of my old computer games earlier, I came across a few that I could never defeat and thought that it would make a good thread. What game have you never been able to win, no matter how hard you tried? For me, it was Barbie Carnival Caper- I played that game like mad when I was younger and never managed to find the carnival caper. I even got my sister to try, and despite being nineteen back then, she couldn't win, either. I also couldn't defeat Where In Time Is Carmen San Diego- I always got hung up at the Leif Ericsson mission because I couldn't find the last clue. But enough about me- what games can't you win?

I had that game and could physically NEVER beat it (the barbe one). Then one day a year or so ago, I got it out and beat it right away.

Fantasyrogue
5th Sep 2008, 4:29 PM
As a kid the strongest memory I have of getting stuck in a game was in King's Quest 4. I could not figure out how to get out of the whale's mouth. I knew logically what I had to do (tickle the uvula) but I couldn't figure out how to get to it. Didn't help that the game kept telling me to "do it yourself!" when I tried to type "climb tongue". Took me years to realize (or maybe just some aging) that it meant for me to use the arrow keys to indeed, physically, climb the damn tongue. Stupid game :P

These days I play mostly rpgs and simulation games and I don't really get stuck in those in any way that some time spent leveling won't fix. The few other types of games I've played I've not had any (long term) problems beating.

thothep
5th Sep 2008, 4:32 PM
I have to go way back for games that I truly couldn't get through rather than games which I got distracted from and couldn't remember the controls when I went back so I started over. Of course, I'm so bad about getting around to finishing games that one time I was playing Evolution (DC), and something strange happened... so I'm sitting there asking "What's going on?" and my friend replies "That's the credits." "The what?" "The credits, it's the end." "But I never finish games!"

Anyways, things I honestly tried to finish but couldn't: Swordquest: Fireworld (Atari... it took many summers of practice but I did eventually finish Earthworld), Pecos Pete (C64), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (C64... never even made it off Earth), Commander Keen 4 (PC), Gobliiins (PC), Conquests of the Longbow (PC), NeverEnding Story II (PC), Spelljammer (PC), there was also this mining game we had on the C64 that I really worked at but couldn't make it past the third stage.

Jessie Tea
6th Sep 2008, 6:53 PM
oh, and I forgot, I could never finish any of the zoombinis games.

naplesstevens
6th Sep 2008, 7:51 PM
I always loved games like Myst & Riven. I've played some decent similar games & some awful ones. But the one I never could figure out was Alida. It was about a deserted island owned by a rock band, and I'm pretty sure everyone had shown up for a reunion & then went missing. You have to roam the island looking for clues to access new parts of the island. I got to a certain point & just couldn't figure it out. I lost interest for about a year, then tried again, but still no luck. I still have it, but had forgotten all about it until this thread.

7th Sep 2008, 12:16 PM
I could never win that Barbie game either... friggin' Barbie. What is she doing investigating carnivals anyways? There was Spyro too, never could beat that.

lol I feel the same way about Barbie games. What was she doing, trying to do all that stupid stuff?

Oh, and yeah, Spyro is my headache when I was at a young age. Especially the third game. Darn bosses are so annoying! :mad:

Now, my biggest headache is GTA IV. I dunno, it's just hair-pulling hard!

ElPresidente
8th Sep 2008, 2:33 AM
Really? I found I raced through the missions in relatively short order... where are you stuck?

Rabid
13th Sep 2008, 11:55 PM
Oh, and yeah, Spyro is my headache when I was at a young age. Especially the third game. Darn bosses are so annoying! :mad:

I was never a big fan of the original Spyro, but I loved the later ones. I don't remember which Spyro it was, but there was a mission to get the egg where he had to fly through a series of caves in an allotted amount of time, or else he would drop into the water and drown. I could never get him there fast enough... damned annoying. Poor little thing had a lot of drowning experiences, with me... there was another challenge where he had to swim under a rock outcropping to get into a chamber, and I could never make him swim fast enough. Anyone remember the billygoat scenario with his Australian friend? That was awesome... I loved getting to be the kangaroo :D.

emodawg
15th Sep 2008, 7:04 PM
I've never been able to finish GTA game EVER... I get to a certain point and then get too freaked out to play anymore (when you have enough notority that other gangs attack you.)

I never finished the zoombini game either! *Wants to find it again*

And there was a game called Pandemonium! on PS1 and I think its on PSP as well, that I never did finish though probably because it was reallllly long!

I did finish Barbie Carnival caper though :) I LOVED that game!

Ferret II
15th Sep 2008, 7:12 PM

I actually loved Spyro. Had all of the games for the PS1 and completed them all!

I actually can't finish The Simpsons Hit and Run for PS2. I've had it about 4 or 5 years and just can't do it!

cranky34
16th Sep 2008, 11:15 AM
Grrr! I really can't beat Grand Theft Auto 4. It's hard.

Crescentcloud
29th Sep 2008, 12:17 AM
Haha, this is going to sound pathetic, but I'm terrible at Nancy Drew games. I can't finish The Curse of Blackmoor Manor because of the stupid ghost thingy, and in The White Wolf of Icicle Creek, the ice pond really confused me. I'm such an idiot with mystery games. xD

treeag
29th Sep 2008, 4:33 AM
Spyro... it made me throw up once, literally. You can spin the camera around and that made me dizzy :yech: And Pandemonium 2 definitely takes the cake. I can never finish it, it was too hard for me.

Anyway searching for Pandemonium 2, I've just realized that our beloved Sam Player/Maxoid Sam is credited (http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,38549/) for that game. Maybe we can blame him :P

AnnaLiz
3rd Oct 2008, 5:32 AM
Spyro made me want to pull my hair out on many occasions. Some of them are still sitting unplayed out at our cabin where all our old systems reside.

kailay_SC
3rd Oct 2008, 3:24 PM
i LOVED the spyro games :) i beat 2 of them
games i can't beat: pirates f the carribean (no idea wat to do ) and a LOTR game. lol.
oh and GTA3, i've beat it once but now when ever i get to the last mission i lose. :O

Rabid
3rd Oct 2008, 10:32 PM

Where was he? More importantly, who was he? I would laugh if it was Ken. Congratulations on the huge accomplishment :D!

Ferret II
4th Oct 2008, 8:07 PM

Omg.... memories from early childhood flooding back! I actually kinda remember that game, I couldn't play it after 6 because the music freaked me out.

Fantasyrogue
5th Oct 2008, 1:15 AM
The hell people, stop reminiscing about games that were released way after the ones I played in my youth, you're making me feel old! ;)

I remember having difficulty with other adventure games in my past. Language barrier was always a big one. Me as an 8-10 year old girl really didn't quite grasp the pun of giving a pamphlet labelled "how to get aHEAD in navigating" to the cannibals in Monkey Island to get the head of the navigator from them... Never minding the fact that the text parser adventures were sooo fickle. At that age, Police Quest was a nightmare. What 8-10 year old knows what a sobriety test is anyway? XD (probably not the age I should have been playing that game at)

nda182
10th Oct 2008, 1:01 PM
Nancy Drew game is actually quite short, if you follow the walkthrough.

I found megaman to be the game i cant finish. Some of the stages are very hard (especially the late one), not to mention the boss, which requires very very precise timing in shooting and dodging.

ElPresidente
13th Oct 2008, 6:31 AM
Try Megaman 9 which was just released on the Wii and the PS3... dear lord. Tough game. I'd forgotten how tortuous the Megaman titles could be.

Picos
14th Oct 2008, 8:39 PM
I can't get past Ursula in Kingdom Hearts I. Its rather sad because I told myself I wouldn't buy KHII unless I beat the first one. I've actually given up since the last time I played that game years ago. I tried to beat it for a few days on and off and then decided to quit. :p

I've beaten all the Spyro games. I don't really play to beat a game on the playstation since I play mostly racing games.

I have Super Mario Galaxy, Harry Potter games, and Legend of Zelda games but I'm not interested in beating them because I play them for awhile and then, eh, not so much. I have Final Fantasy and I've played for a few hours, but not so much interested in playing ('twas a gift).
Even Pokémon I'm not interested in beating, I go through the storyline but I get sidetracked with breeding or just leveling my main army.

nekochanpurr_SC
14th Oct 2008, 10:33 PM
Try Megaman 9 which was just released on the Wii and the PS3... dear lord. Tough game. I'd forgotten how tortuous the Megaman titles could be.

Haha, that game is GREAT to watch my friends play. XD

ElPresidente
14th Oct 2008, 11:20 PM
I've beaten all the Spyro games. I don't really play to beat a game on the playstation since I play mostly racing games.

I have Super Mario Galaxy, Harry Potter games, and Legend of Zelda games but I'm not interested in beating them because I play them for awhile and then, eh, not so much. I have Final Fantasy and I've played for a few hours, but not so much interested in playing ('twas a gift).

Saddens me to think that while the Spyro games get played to completion poor old Super Mario Galaxy (best platformer ever made outside of Braid?) languishes unloved on your shelf. :(

Picos
15th Oct 2008, 8:28 PM
Saddens me to think that while the Spyro games get played to completion poor old Super Mario Galaxy (best platformer ever made outside of Braid?) languishes unloved on your shelf. :(

I guess thats what happens when you're too absent-minded to concentrate on a game. You beat the easy one.

Just watching fiancé play Super Mario Galaxy made me do a 180. Mario dosen't fly without racoon tails! Eveyone knows that! It still gets some love, though, I have gamer friends who are into the fancy 3D and other highjinks. Although it is sad that Harry Potter: Oop was beaten first out of all the Wii games. :p

crazycentralgurl
15th Oct 2008, 9:17 PM
I could never beat Tomb Raider, I always got so far and then got to one part and dogs kept biting me and I died, and I couldn't even save because we didn't have a memory card for the Playstation. I also could never figure out Kingdom Hearts and how I got to the levels with the Disney characters, and I gave up. Spyro was darn hard after a few hours of playing. :eviltongu

Lancer_SC
25th Oct 2008, 10:17 PM
Tomb Raider is relativley easy to beat with a good amount of practice. Except for AOD, which just makes you so mad (cause she runs so slow) you turn it off and never play it again.

Really lookng forward to Underworld though ^^

ElPresidente
26th Oct 2008, 1:30 AM
I'd say there is more to turning off AoD than just slow running. I'd say sloppy controls, terrible level design and just being a horrible game all round are bigger contributors. :D

Zaggytiddies
26th Oct 2008, 1:58 AM
Primarily for Andy Sirkis' work as Bohan (what a wonderfully hysterical yet intimidating bad guy) and for the characterisation of Kai.

I loved Kai! I even tried to sim her... I should try again :D

iLollipop_SC
26th Oct 2008, 8:30 PM
I clearly remember a few:

-I think it was the 2nd Sonic the Hedgehog. I know that it introduces Tails. I could get past the first zone and then act two of the 2nd zone I would always drown..
-Pokemon Sapphire for the Gameboy Advance. xD.
-I also remember a Pacman game I have on the original Playstation.

longdaysend
26th Oct 2008, 8:40 PM
i tend to beat most games i play but my trouble spot was the original x-files game on the PS1...the damn thing had 4 disks and the entire game was just looking for clues,collecting evidence and such..until the end when suddenly it turns into an action game and expects you to have a shoot out with aliens when you've not used a weapon the entire game...i gave up after trying a million times to beat that section...i liked the beginning but that "oh hey, by the way..super tough monsters! kill them kill them!!" part kinda turned me off and i never finished it.

cappyboy
19th Nov 2008, 5:30 AM
I clearly remember a few:

-I think it was the 2nd Sonic the Hedgehog. I know that it introduces Tails. I could get past the first zone and then act two of the 2nd zone I would always drown..

Come to think of it, I could never finish the original Sonic. My play style was always better attuned to the Mario games. I would try to get all the rings in really tricky places, fail to jump over spike beds well enough because of trying to manuever those size 98 clodhoppers and give up. Man, I hate that rodent. I don't want to race through levels and have to leave a whole bunch of goodies untended. I want it all conflabbit!!

nekochanpurr_SC
19th Nov 2008, 7:14 AM
Sonic 3 at that DAMN CARNIVAL ZONE.. The part on the second stage where you have to make this stupid thing bounce low enough to get underneath.. omg.

chowgilly
19th Nov 2008, 8:11 AM
Ocarina of Time had me stuck in the forest temple. I'm not very good at puzzle-type games, so a puzzle temple just has me completely screwed. Never bothered to finish it once I got stuck.

I got stuck on that game too, cant remember what level but it was a boss, but it was like giant hands on a big drum? Very bizarre.Iv still got my N64 so i may finish it one day lol!

I never finished any Spyro games either, which was a shame, as i loved them. But i have very delicate balance in my ears i guess, and after 10-15 mins i start to feel sick, same as i do with GTA San Andreas, but i took travel sickness tablets and felt ok.

Freakziilla
29th Nov 2008, 5:22 PM
I can't complete any missions on veteran in Call of Duty 5.

I don't have any problems with the other difficulty levels, but veteran kills me everytime.
Recruit is extremely easy, almost a bit to easy actually.
Normal is just that, normal.
Hardened is pretty hard, but not impossible.
Veteran is nothing but one hell of a grenade fest. I can't survive for 2 damn minutes without getting hit in the face with a nade.

Strangely enough, I didn't really mind veteran on CoD4. Of course some levels were annoying, especially "No Fighting in the War Room", but it's nothing compared to CoD5.

JustANewbie
29th Nov 2008, 5:31 PM
Um... Stardock's The Political Machine 2008
All of my candidates always lose!

PuX- 80's
29th Nov 2008, 8:54 PM
I was playing my DS last night and took out every single game (few) and played it untill I got irritated...which was a very sort time.
I can't beat Super Mario DS, Yoshi on DS (I can beat a castle, but I don't move on), Sims on PS2, any GTA's (I copy my brothers), and Tony Hawk games.

crazycentralgurl
29th Nov 2008, 9:22 PM
Tomb Raider is relativley easy to beat with a good amount of practice. Except for AOD, which just makes you so mad (cause she runs so slow) you turn it off and never play it again.

Really lookng forward to Underworld though ^^

Its last revelation, and it was hard to me when I was 9. :eviltongu

Tom Duhamel
16th Jan 2009, 10:51 PM
I could get into Super Mario I all the way to 8-4, but then I never found the way. You may remember it was a kind of labyrinth, you had to use the correct path. I tried from my early age up to perhaps the first half of my teenagehood and never found the way.

I finished Super Mario II & III and Mario World without any special difficulties. I never player any later games, I was too old.

charlie-chan_SC
17th Jan 2009, 12:37 AM
http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

I can't beat this game.

slipknot93
19th Jan 2009, 1:35 AM
Soul Calibur on the xbox live arcade, I have every achievment on it except one...
beat 25 enemies on extra survival.
if you don't know it's like survival wehere you see how long you cna keep winning before you die, except it has a sudden death rule, so if you get hit once you die
I've tried for hours, the highest I got is 24, it's just annoying

negneg189
20th Jan 2009, 5:58 AM
The Shrek game on PC....

I've gone through it about 8 times since I was nine, and I've never beaten that stupid fairy.

And also... I can't even remember what the name of the series is... Brain Quest, maybe? The ones where there is all the talking animals, and it comes in different games for all grades. I COULD NOT beat the 4th grade level one (The one with the evil scientist), even now. My 17 year old brother can't either ;)

EDIT: Aha! I remembered ;)
The series is called Jump Start.
The exact game is Jumpstart Advanced 3rd Grade.

Charley-x
2nd Feb 2009, 10:32 PM
I used to have this under water adventure game that I couldn't complete, it was for my ps1 and i was like 6 and i found it really hard haha- you had to find tresure underwater and this one level you had to obtian items underwater in a certian amout of time, and the objects moved 'due to waves' everytime you reset it. :/ I kept playing it but couldnt complete it. I reckon if i had a ps1 still, and the game I still wouldn't be able to complete it. :/

Sta_r_obin
8th Feb 2009, 2:33 AM
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee.

The last level is frigging IMPOSSIBLE.

Deatherella
8th Feb 2009, 2:59 AM
The only thing that keeps me from beating GTA Liberty City is the segment where you gotta get all those pink parcels by the godfather's house. Best I ever did was down to one or two left before time runs out. Been trying for years. Pretty Pathetic.

Ghost sdoj
15th Feb 2009, 5:08 AM
Daggerfall allowed you to design a custom character class if you wanted to. But the final dungeon was not accessable to a custom character. By that time I had played with my faerie for so long that I didn't want to start over with a standard character so she just went questing for the various guilds. However Daggerfall is like Morrowind (it is an earlier game in the same series after all.) so you don't need to follow the story to have fun. The story is just something to do if you get tired of random quests.

lazyviolet
15th Feb 2009, 5:30 AM
my bane is an old sierra game called codename: iceman that i'm playing on an emulator. i'm at the part where i have to sink a russian sub, but they keep sinking me. my father beat this game back in the day and i wish i had his hintbook again!

Captain THPS4
11th Apr 2009, 7:01 PM
Sonic 3 at that DAMN CARNIVAL ZONE.. The part on the second stage where you have to make this stupid thing bounce low enough to get underneath.. omg.

LOL good times with that zone too. Took me a long time to get past that thing. And yes, Sonic 2 is the one where they introduce Tails.

For me I'm having a lot of trouble getting past one of the levels in the haunted house world in Boom Blox. I think it's the second or third level, and you have to blast a lot of zombies, monkeys, and grim reaper like things while making sure the cats don't get hurt. Still a fun game though, can't wait for the sequel to come out next month. :)

pinkvampire
11th Apr 2009, 7:10 PM
I'm a big fan of the PS1

And when I was around, oh, 9 or 11 I could beat or come close to beating all my favorite games, such as FFVII for example.
I know I came VERY close to beating it.
But recently when I pulled out my old PS1 and dusted off my beloved FFVII game, I sucked.

And I think I even cheated by using my previous game data :D

ElPresidente
12th Apr 2009, 2:40 AM
my bane is an old sierra game called codename: iceman that i'm playing on an emulator. i'm at the part where i have to sink a russian sub, but they keep sinking me. my father beat this game back in the day and i wish i had his hintbook again!

www.gamefaqs.com

The answers to your woes reside within. :D

declandabest_SC
12th Apr 2009, 10:56 AM
the boat level on mirrors edge was soo hard, i would always get stuck in the second part when the blues would literally swarm all around you. I've completed the game now, but that mission still gets me.

FablesOfEuphoria
12th Apr 2009, 10:56 AM
I'm going to be a total retro and say monopoly.

I never win. D:<

tree4me
12th Apr 2009, 10:59 AM
I can never win "The World's Hardest Game". :(

Monkey.grass_SC
12th Apr 2009, 4:47 PM
There are only two games I've tried and never beaten:
I Wanna Be The Guy
and
Alien Vs. Predator 2.

madisonx
17th Apr 2009, 11:17 AM
Am I the only one that could NEVER understand where to go & what to do on Casper [the 1st game] for PS1? lol. Even the walkthrough didn't help me :S

kustirider2
17th Apr 2009, 11:39 AM
I can never win "The World's Hardest Game". :(

I had to google that :lol: I couldn't get past the first stage!

madisonx
17th Apr 2009, 11:50 AM
I can never win The Scary Maze Game either :V

ktbcca
2nd May 2009, 4:13 AM
I can't complete the last mission in Saints Row 2. I majorly suck at flying the helicopter...and when the little warning comes up "they've sent an attack helicopter after you" I always stop and look around for it so I can blow it up but it ALWAYS manages to evade me and...well I die. My husband keeps asking if I want him to just beat it for me but I refuse.

TaraSun
2nd May 2009, 2:21 PM
Dear god- Monster Hunter Freedom... I'm kinda suckish when it comes to games, but come on- almost any person who plays this will tell you that it's hard. You know what the worst part is? I freak out when fighting the bosses- I literally jump around and squeal and get this humongo adrenaline rush for some reason... it's really wierd ;P. Anywayy, yeah- if you like realism in a non-realistic setting- this game's for you. I'm not buying the sequel until I finish this one though- I've barely made it to the two star quests, let alone the guild uests that come later... x_x

ElPresidente
3rd May 2009, 11:40 PM
I've always wanted to play a Monster Hunter game. The franchise intrigues me because I don't know anyone who 'likes' the game... they either don't like it or are totally obsessed by the series.

iLollipop_SC
4th May 2009, 1:11 AM
I have a new one.
Final Fantasy 12. I've had it for about two years and I did beat a part I was stuck on... now I'm stuck again. In a freaking mine. Getting killed by bats. wtf...? Oh, and with unlimited hi-potions, regular potions, and x-potions. :(

Oh, and the first Kingdom Hearts game. Third last boss battle... it seems like I suck at it when it's Sora-gone-solo. Boohoo.

One more - Guitar Hero. I failed. On easy. :doh:

mishibob
7th May 2009, 9:54 AM
Omg.... memories from early childhood flooding back! I actually kinda remember that game, I couldn't play it after 6 because the music freaked me out.
YES! And the characters also looked creepy,especially the owner of the carnival or something. I remember playing that Barbie game when I was like 10 or 11 years old! This is the first time I've ever heard others mentioning it! I also had another Barbie detective game where she had to become invisible and walk around with gadgets and stuff! My baby sister at the time would always make me do that part,it was a little annoying! Oh childhood.

I was never able to figure out how to play the Myth games,now that I'm older I should try again but for some reason I find the navigation creepy I feel like some monster is going to pop out at any time.

I have dozens and dozens of games I've played through entirely but abandoned at the last boss,I don't know why but I just do it. I always leave games unfinished at the very end because I don't want to see the ending maybe.
I never beat the first Discworld,I loved that game so much! I started playing it with my mom when I was 5 then restarted it when I was 13 and I still haven't completed it! I got creeped out with the Grim Reaper. D:

edit: Also I was pretty addicted to Barbie Carnival Caper,I think the ending was that you followed the black shadow human shape to the water ride and you had to follow the black human shape until you caught him. I remember playing the game and thinking to myself that the bad guy was the owner of the carnival/mechanic but it was the young helper guy? I remember the whole police scene, I think I did beat it. xD
I also remember playing it again and getting a different bad guy,maybe they randomized it? Eh. o_o

Zoxell
9th Jun 2009, 2:43 PM
When I was playing City of Heroes, I tried several times to complete the Statesman's Task Force with pickup groups. None of the groups could get past the four Archvillians before the final mission. I played the same Blaster in all of the attempts, who was a very heavy hitter, but would get one-shot as soon as the tank fell to Ghost Widow's holds.

ElPresidente
10th Jun 2009, 12:23 AM
Let's face it... PUGs are useless for tough raids/task forces/etc. That said I do remember being a part of a very successful task force that was made up entirely of PUGs once.

Lots of fun was had by all.

L Lawliet_SC
10th Jun 2009, 5:45 AM
Maniac Mansion..reat old school game but pretty hard. I couldn't figure out how to open the envelope..but I figured it out eventually.

Shadowgate another great old school game the riddles were prertty difficult

De Ja Vu Made by the people who made Shadow gate except you were a detective.

Zoxell
12th Jun 2009, 6:50 PM
Let's face it... PUGs are useless for tough raids/task forces/etc. That said I do remember being a part of a very successful task force that was made up entirely of PUGs once.

Lots of fun was had by all.

After our Supergroup fell apart, I played primarily on PUGs, and ran some pretty good (and pretty bad) Task Forces. The Striga TFs were a blast to do, even with pick up groups.
Come to think of it, any of the Shadow Shard task forces are impossible. If anybody can sit through 8-11 hours of "defeat all Crey in lab" missions, my hat goes off to them.

SuicidiaParasidia
18th Jun 2009, 7:37 AM
NINJA. GAIDEN. ಠ____ಠ;;

OH MY GOD.
maybe im just a failure when it comes to button mashing but holy crap on a pencil i couldnt beat that game for the life of me. T_T

ElPresidente
18th Jun 2009, 10:07 PM
Probably because you were button mashing. :P

It is a very hard game, you just need to be very strategic with your attacks.

SuicidiaParasidia
18th Jun 2009, 10:55 PM
im actually more into strategy than button mashing. im just not FAST enough. >_>
like the .hack//GU series was perfect for me. but ninja gaiden requires you to be both insanely fast and strategic... and im just not insanely fast.

Hitnrunguy
26th Jun 2009, 7:48 AM
Dude, the PS1 Mortal Kombats are like, impossibly impossible to beat on the hardest level. I mean comeon, the 3rd guy like totally kicks my ass, and I'm pretty good.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Metal Gear for PS1, those are freakin' hard to beat :!:

Sim Simmer
30th Jun 2009, 7:48 PM
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

I read the IGN Guide but a certain part isn't helping me or making any sense.

The guide says the following:

With the flame out, head through the next room and drop down the hole. Force Push the block straight ahead, then follow the corridor, but keep an eye on the left wall. You should spot another symbol that you can Force Push. Use it to open a passage that would be behind you when you dropped into the hole.

There will be several moving blocks that will crush you if you get caught between them. Use Force Speed to easily get by them.
http://guides.ign.com/guides/16463/page_32.html

I do what it says, but a passage never opens, I never encounter any moving blocks. I am stuck in this room...

What am I doing wrong?

Wintermute
2nd Jul 2009, 12:44 AM
This will make me look pathetic, but I can't beat The Lion King for the SNES. There's one level I just can't figure out how to complete.

Kirby's Dream Course for SNES and DK64 are the other ones I can't beat. I can't defeat King K. Rool in DK64 because of the camera angles.

I've tried I Wanna Be the Guy. Well, it is meant to be obscenely difficult, but I can't even get past the third screen.

lilfaye
6th Jul 2009, 11:08 AM
Dig Dug - And I saw an arcade version of it the other day at this pizza place and it brought back all sorts of aggressive memories and frustration.

FU Dig Dug

That's all I got to say...

Oh and also? That Lunar Lander game - I always either A. Ran out of Fuel or B. Crashed horribly.

Do either of those games even have a proper ending?

ElPresidente
6th Jul 2009, 2:45 PM
Yes. KABOOM!

zaykai
11th Jul 2009, 7:04 AM
Some Tarzan game. I remember a level where you had to run towards the screen away from a stampede. I always lost.

Jungle book. I remember that I loved this game, but I never finish it xD
I can't remember if I lost it during a move or if I got stuck.

Super Mario sunshine. I couldn't figure out how to get up to the dang volcano after Bowser JR takes Peach there Dx

Legend of Zelda, ocarina of time. I love this game. I downloaded it on my Wii and beat it, but I remember when I was little. I remember in the mountains, there was this lava pit that I got stuck at. And I couldn't get passed that part to save my life. So I played my uncles completed file. I spent my entire time going to the castle, becoming an adult, screaming like a wimp at the zombies, going to the ranch, pissing off the chickens, and running away on Epona and then repeating it all.

GuardStud08
11th Jul 2009, 7:29 AM
Legend Of Zelda: Majora's mask

Also, Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X: I'm stuck where you face Alexia the second time (her second mutated form)

Odekai
3rd Aug 2009, 11:27 PM
I can't even get past level 1 of "Lost Magic" for DS. Pathetic, I know, but it is the hardest thing EVER. D:

Girlxninja16845
4th Aug 2009, 8:07 AM
The only games I ever beat were the Pokemon games. x] Then again, I never really played too many games as a kid...

I cannot for the life of me figure out Silent Hill (any of them xD). I watch my cousin play, and she's amazing at riddles and stuff like that. She finished Silent Hill 3 in 6 hours. :o I can't even figure out how to move correctly. xDD

Antagonist.01
5th Aug 2009, 12:19 AM
Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It's the only game that i can't beat neither at the lowest levels of difficulty. Ain't my kind of game, i don't neither know why i bought it. Anyway, this fucking bastard cheats.

Oaktree
6th Aug 2009, 3:57 AM
I haven't beat Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time yet. I'm stuck on the friggin water temple. :P

Even worse actually, was the GB Zelda game, Oracle of Ages. I got so mixed up with switching between times, and I eventually came to a dungeon with a puzzle I simply couldn't beat.

Wild Missingno
8th Aug 2009, 2:19 AM
Nethack. Just, Nethack. I'm lucky if I even manage to reach the Gnomish Mines, and I always get my butt handed to me there. It doesn't prevent me from playing, though.

WCF
8th Aug 2009, 11:14 AM
As a kid, I never beat Donkey Kong Country or any of the sidescroller Mario games. I always had to try and the beat the whole thing in one go because I couldn't figure out how to save (still not sure if it's possible)!

I've beaten pretty much every other game though. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's water temple was tough; I had to have someone else do it for me. If I ever had a difficult time with a game I'd use cheats as a last resort. It's a shame that games these days are lacking that sort of fun stuff. I sort of think the internet killed gaming. At least my rendition of it >< Rarely can you find platformers, split screen multiplayer, or games with cool cheats in them anymore

Zeth
8th Aug 2009, 2:07 PM
The Hobbit.... grrrr... that level in which you went poking through all the treasure they had recently aquired.... never could figure out exactly what to do....

Prosthetics
11th Aug 2009, 4:04 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions on PSP.

I can't get past the first 20 minutes, I guess I am just not as tactical as I once thought. You get into a battle with these bandits or something, and they always kill me. I've never gotten past it.

Anthoric
12th Aug 2009, 8:08 PM
90% of gmaes I play I cannot wim because I suck or because they're sandbox.

Rikachu
12th Aug 2009, 11:01 PM
Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth Remix for the DS. EXTREMELY. HARD. AND. LONG. /end rant

Matze007
12th Aug 2009, 11:07 PM
moin was geht ab

Rikachu
12th Aug 2009, 11:09 PM
uh, what? :wtf:

angelsavoir
14th Aug 2009, 4:11 AM
I can never win any game I play! Its so frusterating! Well I can beat pokemon but thats not to difficult!

Rikachu
16th Aug 2009, 9:44 AM
*cough**can'tbeatpokemon**cough*

angelsavoir
17th Aug 2009, 4:24 AM
*cough**can'tbeatpokemon**cough*

Really? LOL thats the only games I can beat!! What makes you not able to beat them ?

Rikachu
17th Aug 2009, 4:50 AM
Hehe, I can either never beat the 7th Gym leader (Damn Ice Pokemon knowing earthquake >.>) or I can't beat the first elite four. :P

ElPresidente
17th Aug 2009, 5:27 AM
If you can't beat the current leader then simply go and boost the levels of your pokemon. With all JRPG games the rule is "If you can't beat them now, go get stronger and try later".

Rikachu
17th Aug 2009, 5:30 AM
Hehe, I've tried, I stay with one too much. :P

Evanlee
17th Aug 2009, 5:48 AM
The only games I ever beat were the Pokemon games. x] Then again, I never really played too many games as a kid...

I cannot for the life of me figure out Silent Hill (any of them xD). I watch my cousin play, and she's amazing at riddles and stuff like that. She finished Silent Hill 3 in 6 hours. :o I can't even figure out how to move correctly. xDD
I'm the same way! my ex boyfriend wanted me to play his video games and he sat there and laughed the entire time he was watching me try to make them walk. :anime:

Couriervaughan
15th Mar 2010, 1:41 PM
I can't beat Mario brothers game line

Randir
15th Mar 2010, 3:52 PM
Devil May Cry 3 SE
I finished the game later but only with a god-mode-trainer. Can't believe this game can be finished the usual way.

jcdpresident
20th Mar 2010, 3:28 AM
i never truly beat the legend of zelda a link to the past because it took forever and my GBAbattery seemed to always be short when i played it

ElizabethTerry
20th Mar 2010, 7:06 AM
Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for gameboy. Rikku keeps killing me! D:

Phoeberg
23rd Mar 2010, 6:23 PM
Grim Fandango. Darn that Mexican skeleton death salesman! I still have the game, but I can't it to work on any of my PCs or my laptop, so I guess I'll never resolve that one.

ElPresidente
23rd Mar 2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.grim-fandango.com/comments.php?type=news&id=19

Give it a look BewitchedPrue. If you are using Vista people have been able to get the game up and running, just follow the instructions.

Grim Fandango = Greatest Adventure Game of All Time

Shoosh Malooka
24th Mar 2010, 1:08 AM
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

This game had several things that rubbed me the wrong way.

First was the running, jumping, climbing part: the levels were designed in such a way that each successful leap produced another immediate danger. This resulted in so much replay that I would only win from so much practice that I had memorized the entire level.

Second and most aggravating, the fighting system and controls and the hero's jerky movements were terrible and the camera seemed in some drunken operation. This is where I died most often. I would endeavor to get behind enemies for a decent strike, only to dive off camera for a second and become surrounded again. I was never able to get the hang of it and quit out of frustration.

Third, the hero himself. He sounded so much of a goody-goody that I couldn't abide nor believe his naiveté and mannerism. After each level he would become the narrator of his own autobiography, that made me wince in genuine agony and want to end the chapter.

That's it. I still have the cd in my games drawer if I ever want to try again, but right now I am enjoying Medieval 2: Total War with the Third Age 1.4.1 mod which is based on LotR.

Phoeberg
24th Mar 2010, 1:10 AM
http://www.grim-fandango.com/comments.php?type=news&id=19

Give it a look BewitchedPrue. If you are using Vista people have been able to get the game up and running, just follow the instructions.

Grim Fandango = Greatest Adventure Game of All Time

Ooo, thank you! I am indeed using Vista, so I will try that. Maybe I can final complete that game!

supaclova
24th Mar 2010, 2:35 AM
I don't really think I've ever won a game. I'm one of those people that screams whenever I have to fight something. I guess that's why I stick with Sims. ;)

ElPresidente
24th Mar 2010, 6:52 AM
Ooo, thank you! I am indeed using Vista, so I will try that. Maybe I can final complete that game!

You really do need to finish it. The ending will bring a tear to your eye.

And no need for thanks... I am duty bound to help anyone and everyone who wants to enjoy that little slice of adventure gaming brilliance actually do so. ;)

itsnotozzyitsozzy
21st Dec 2010, 4:44 AM
Sadly...Final Fantasy, not one did I play to the end :(
No problem with KH but FF was just long and a bit boring(for me!)

emilymarie0201
2nd Mar 2011, 7:36 PM

I couldn't beat Carnival Caper for a LONG time, but I finally did it! I don't even remember how, but I remember you had to chase him on bumper cars, or that slide thing, and you had to follow him very closely to catch him, otherwise you'd be running around the whole park trying to get him O.O

Rawra
2nd Mar 2011, 7:38 PM
Mass Effect 2. I just can't finish it without all of the crew dying or with only one crew member left, which makes Shepard die. It's SO annoying!!!

kustirider2
2nd Mar 2011, 8:30 PM
^ The only way I could manage to keep everyone alive was to send everyone to the appropriate places (Like Tali to the door controls). I haven't played in a long while, but when you pick the two people to come with you, I always picked Garrus and Grunt, and they always seemed to survive :D

Rawra
2nd Mar 2011, 8:55 PM
^ The only way I could manage to keep everyone alive was to send everyone to the appropriate places (Like Tali to the door controls). I haven't played in a long while, but when you pick the two people to come with you, I always picked Garrus and Grunt, and they always seemed to survive :D

But I'd absolutely HATE if Tali, Miranda or Thane die! They're my favourite characters! And I read on a forum that I have to get all of the ship upgrades, each one for a crew member to survive, but where in God's name am I supposed to get that many resources!!! Balderdash!!!

kustirider2
2nd Mar 2011, 9:01 PM
^ I don't remember much from playing lol. I used to go into systems and just mine random planets :P

Prosthetics
3rd Mar 2011, 9:20 PM
Grand Theft Auto III
I've never been able to finish it, I get to a mission just before the end, one that you have to pass in order to unlock the last few missions or so, and I can never get past it, so I've never finished the game. I only remembered this because I replayed the game recently and got to the same part I was at before. Now I know why I'd started a new file.

PharaohHound
3rd Mar 2011, 10:15 PM
A few that spring to mind, all for different reasons.

Valkyria Chronicals. I played about six levels, but as I said to my brother, "I think I would honestly like this game, except for the fact that everything about it annoys me." Seriously, I found the gameplay idea interesting, but everything from the fake cell-shading to the voice acting got on my nerves. I just couldn't work through my ever-increasing annoyance.

The only game I can ever recall actually stumping me was Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego. I could never get past that bit that was in Boston or something, though I was around nine-years-old at that time.

And I know I wouldn't have finished Uncharted if my brother hadn't been there to goad me on. Those zombies scared the **** out of me, I've never been so miserable playing a game in my entire life. Oh yeah, and that last boss sequence was really infuriating. By that point the only reason I was playing was that I'd gotten that far, I wasn't about to give up!

DigitalSympathies
6th Mar 2011, 7:22 AM
Eternal Sonata for the 360. I got stuck at the first boss, then got my little bro to beat it, then got stuck again at that palace or whatever with all the ladders and rats because my life was down on all my party's members and despite a walkthrough I never found my way out and consequently gave up. :(

TUN3R
6th Mar 2011, 1:54 PM
The Sims 1, 2, 3 doesn't matter.

Tell me you beat it, I dare ya.

Lance
6th Mar 2011, 2:17 PM
World of Warcraft.

unalisaa
6th Mar 2011, 2:21 PM
The Game.

PANDAQUEEN
4th Apr 2011, 6:56 PM
I remember not being able to finish any of the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog stories. The game design is a nightmare and I would know nightmarish things (Some of the medicines I take give me nightmares and yes, these medicines were prescribed to me.) I wish I could cheat my way through that game. I'm betting not even my 10-year-old self could beat that game. (It was rated E10+)

Incredi
15th Apr 2011, 10:27 AM
I can't beat Mass Effect. I'm stuck right now on my first few missions to explore several areas but I have no idea how to. Plus the Citadel is really confusing at times o.O

Johnny_Bravo
15th Apr 2011, 1:42 PM
GTA San Andreas, I couldn't win without cheats. I'm such a noob :)

maxon
16th Apr 2011, 12:35 PM
Mass Effect 2. I just can't finish it without all of the crew dying or with only one crew member left, which makes Shepard die. It's SO annoying!!!

That's because your Shepard is such a renegade, isn't it? hmmm? :wtf: My Shepards are always purer than pure and everyone LIVES! :D

Nekowolf
16th Apr 2011, 1:54 PM
Dunno who else has played this game, but...

Rareware's "Jet Force Gemini" for the N64. I could never defeat the final boss, Mizar. It was always that freaking lightning attack he has! He shoots electricity from his hand and moves it back-and-forth across the platform. It just destroys your health if you're unlucky, and it has three different speeds he can use it at.

BenC0722
16th Apr 2011, 5:14 PM
Define "Winning a Game."

If you mean just beating the final boss or completing the final level, then there aren't many games I've actually played where I haven't done that.

If the definition is reaching 100%, then there are very few games where I can say that I have done this.

However, I find that I simply just can't play FPS games without the "God Mode" cheat for some reason. Probably because I worry about a monster sneaking up on the character. That and I can't imagine playing Doom 3 or the HL series without God Mode.

Using the first definition, there are some games in that category.

As shameful as this might be, I've never been able to beat Super Mario Bros. 1 or 3. I haven't attempted to beat Super Mario Bros. 2. However, I have beaten Super Mario World (which I thought was easier), and even unlocked everything in it (all secret entrances, secret levels, etc.). I've also managed to get all 120 stars in Super Mario 64.

Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario: TTYD, I've beaten both, with minimum HP (never increase HP when you can level up). I almost completed a Pre-Hooktail Pit Run (beat Bonetail before Hooktail), but Bonetail wiped me out even after knocking out half is HP. Timing those super-guards are very hard. Those who played TTYD will understand the immense difficulty of that challenge, even with Mega Rush P and Quick Change.

I haven't beaten GTA 3 or GTA:VC. GTA 3 I got bored. In GTA: VC, I haven't been able to bust the safecracker out of jail (can't remember the name of the mission). Though I have been able to beat GTA: SA and GTA 4 without cheats. I'm tempted to try GTA 4 again, but with only the pistol and never buying armor (it should be possible). I have not reached 100% in any GTA game. Collecting all the horse shoes (GTA: SA), statues (GTA: VC), or pigeons (GTA 4) required more patience than I was willing to give.

I have beaten, and reached 100% in both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. In Banjo Tooie, getting the final Jiggy and final Cheato page is literally the hardest thing I've done in a game. Basically, you race Canary Mary again, but she's much harder that time. Especially since I played without a turbo controller. That's actually one series that I was sorry to see go. I want to play Banjo Threeie, gosh darn it!

I have beaten Zelda: OOT and Zelda: TP to 100%, but not any other Zelda game. I've never bothered to get all the Heart Pieces in Zelda: MM, though I easily could. I was in the process of a 3-heart run with MM, but didn't finish not because I couldn't, but because I got bored.

I should probably play some of the Zelda games again, except using rules from a challenge. For example in TP, never purchasing a shield (if the wood shield burns, it burns), 3 hearts max, glitching your way back to the wooden sword, never upgrading the quiver, etc. Or playing OOT and MM without any upgrades that aren't strictly required. Like, the mirror shield is acceptable, but the Biggoron sword or largest quiver isn't.

acid_paradox
16th Apr 2011, 7:40 PM
GTA 4, it's fun at first but after a while it gets so boring and repetitive that I want to throw the disc at my dog. I always force myself to play at least 30 min. a day because I just hate to leave things unfinished.

balletroxmysox123
2nd May 2011, 6:59 AM
Ohhhhh.

Well, if you mean complete 100%, I'm VERY far off that in Super Mario Galaxy. I have about 56 more stars to go, and then I have to do the entire thing again as Luigi. This is why I would prefer the sequel, Super Mario Galaxy 2, because it has different after game stages as opposed to the same stuff.

Bodhie
5th May 2011, 7:16 PM
I'm not the kind of person who usually play a game till the end , unless it has a very good story that drive me to do so . But games of that kind are very rares and few . There are 2 games that are very similar and I was never able to go very far and had to resort to reading about the game to find out how it end . Pathatique I know :P

Flashback and Another world.....urgh.....they are so hard ! we had jumping like crazy in MArio Bros...but in these two......it just impossible . And I agree with someone here who played Prince of Persia Sand of Time (I think) , I played a couples of lvl then I had to just give up . It was crazy.....not a bad story and great visual...but such a pain to play .

Corporate Saboteur
5th May 2011, 8:11 PM
I am currently playing through Final Fantasy VI. I wouldn't say that I can't beat it, because I haven't played in a while. But it is definitely hard.

harlequinzombie
9th May 2011, 3:12 PM
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Not only is it the worst game in the series (in my opinion, at least) so my desire to play was very low when I did play it, but my copy of the game glitched out during one of the levels before the end and it's nearly impossible to get around it so I can keep going.

lag22
9th May 2011, 9:12 PM
world of warcraft, that game never ends!!

anothereyjana
11th May 2011, 7:35 AM
I remember I used to have The Little Mermaid for the original NES when I was little ( :turtle: ), and never being able to get past a certain point. I can't remember what part it was, but I do remember that Ariel's attacks sucked. She could do this bubble spray thing which didn't do jack, and I think you could slap enemies with your tail. Bubbles and bitch-slapping...yeah... :faceslap:

I also could never beat one of the Yoshi games. I know that it wasn't the first one, it was one of the sequels; that infamous one where Mario and Luigi were turned into babies and you had to lug their asses around everywhere, and they would scream bloody murder if they got knocked off by something. Which of course they DID. ALL THE FREAKING TIME!
I think that the main reason I never beat that thing was less due to getting stuck and more due to rage-quitting because the babies were SO FREAKING ANNOYING!

But the game which I always had the most trouble beating was Oregon -freaking- Trail! I used to play it all the time at school, and the machines there were so old at the time that I think it was the original one that came out in the eighties (since it was in green-and-black rather than color, and was as blocky-looking as an old Atari game). I could never beat that game, NEVER. No matter what I did, everyone always died! And usually from dysentery too... :(
No wonder this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch/v=CHps2SecuDk) brought me such bitter laughter. :|

TMNTForever
7th Aug 2011, 1:17 AM
No one can win Vampire Rain, is impossible...

prettiammie2005
9th Aug 2011, 6:11 AM
Amnesia; The Dark Descent. Not because it's hard, but because it's too fricking terrifying :P

eldavis
9th Aug 2011, 5:20 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I have never completed Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time for N64...or Majora's Mask. I couldn't even get past the first part of Majora's Mask. :faceslap: Also, Echo the Dolphin on Sega...That game is ridiculous. :wtf:

the_darkest_one
20th Aug 2011, 5:35 PM

Ahh, I never finished Lion King either!!! As for Aladdin I actually beat that game twice and the Jungle book too! A ton of the Disney games were pretty hard though. I vaguely remember a mickey mouse game by capcom that I never beat either.

fantasysims
20th Aug 2011, 11:28 PM
treeag, AGREED!

That game was made to ruin every 10 year olds day.

lol, speaking from personal experience!

brillo_pad
21st Aug 2011, 4:53 PM
Any balance games on Wii Fit Plus.. But that's more my body fitness than gaming capabilities ;)
Actually, Men In Black was a tough one, but I did manage to get past the level I was having trouble with, then I just decided to stop.

I'm not even gonna lie. Futurama. PS2. 1st level.. Beyond me, tbh.

live2draw
21st Aug 2011, 10:17 PM
Did anyone say QWOP yet??? :faceslap: most annoying game ever but still quite addictive!!!! :rolleyes:

vhanster
24th Aug 2011, 3:56 PM
The first and last time I played CoD4 with my friends, I got killed a lot. Shows that Noobs don't stand a chance against pros. Anyways, I'm not a FPS gamer. More of an Action RPG

themaneboca
24th Aug 2011, 7:33 PM
san andreas, in a third city when you have to catch some plane or something like that

rcranger9
25th Aug 2011, 3:29 PM
Don't know if someone has said this yet, but that old computer game ski free. That friggin' bear would always catch you! it just isn't possible to beat the game because the bear is faster than you. People made a website dedicated to hating that bear it's so annoying. Fun game, though.

billielith
25th Aug 2011, 9:38 PM
As a kid the first game system I had was an Atari - useless to mention games beatable or unbeatable there as even if you beat the game, all you get is usually similar levels, just faster. I finished Asteroids once, at like 4 am, and with the eyes really tired from staring at "round" shapes on a black screen all night, and got really frustrated when they just put me back on level 1 at snail speed again.

Then I got a Sega Master System, and later a Genesis. I really liked RPGs. The first I played was Phantasy Star. And I finished Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4 on Genesis (several years later) before I got able to finish Phantasy Star 1 on the Sega Master, LOL. I could never find the Hovercraft, and had several advanced game items missing. Plus I was never able to find out which was the last dungeon where to beat Lassic, and re-did several times all the big towers until a frenemy in school finally told me where it was. And I still finished the game before finding the damn Hovercraft - I needed GameFaqs later to finally find out where that damn thing was, lol. So I beated Medusa without the Mirror Shield, and the last boss without Alis's last sword. With all the biggest dungeons redone, my team was strong enough anyway, lol.

One game I was truly never able to finish on the Sega Master (yes, old thing, lol) was Choplifter. I was never able to finish that level where you have to get inside a cave with stalactites all over the top. I'd always end up bumping in one of them, lol. I think I finished most of the other games I played, but then again I was never the "Barbie" type of girl.

paksetti
25th Aug 2011, 10:01 PM
.... *qwop, amnesia, both mentioned here.

Hah, my friend couldn't beat the tribal stage in Spore. I laughed until I died.

SimTek
28th Aug 2011, 8:21 PM
I know a game you can never win.
THE GAME.

*is happy with self for condemning others to a life of losing The Game*

minimogut
25th Dec 2011, 10:05 PM
Super Mario Brothers and Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story... that's all I can remember.

KKiryu007Joker
25th Dec 2011, 10:16 PM
I almost never got through San Andreas Grand Theft Auto due to the terrible toy plane mission, but I beat it after 50 tries. I never beat FF10, FF8, FF9, FF12, even though I liked Final Fantasy a lot. I never beat Echo the Dolphin, because it really didn't make that much sense to me. Oh and I never finished Dragon Age for no real reason.

Nalia
3rd Jan 2012, 11:55 AM
But enough about me- what games can't you win?

Life.

P.S. Have a nice New Year everyone.

Yazoo
4th Jan 2012, 3:10 AM
Zombies At My Neighbors

Yes, this game was for the SNES (Super Nintendo) but anyway. My brother and I played the crap out of that game, and made it...To what we thought was the end, and kept getting killed by this HUGE SPIDER. Ah, what good times. I just need to beat it! BEAT IT I MUST!

eip123
4th Jan 2012, 4:41 AM
[QUOTE=Picos]I can't get past Ursula in Kingdom Hearts I. Its rather sad because I told myself I wouldn't buy KHII unless I beat the first one. I've actually given up since the last time I played that game years ago. I tried to beat it for a few days on and off and then decided to quit. :p

:faceslap: Oh my god, I LOVE Kingdom Hearts! I remember, when I was too young to play with it (since it was my older sisters), I would just sit and watch, totally mesmorized. The worst part is, since she let me borrow it, I can NOT get past the boss thing in hercules! (The one with three heads, ya know?) It upsets me so badly! Actually, now I'm going to go play that... Ha! I have a fresh, :new: rekindled spirt! Muahahaha :!: :!: :!:

candesco
6th Jan 2012, 1:32 PM
san andreas, in a third city when you have to catch some plane or something like that

Las Venturas. And i guess you mean Verdant Meadows Aircraft Graveyard, which is in the neighbourhood of Las Venturas.
Alot of people have problems with the Flight School and with the mission N.O.E.
I had problems with Learning to Fly too, but i asked over at the Dutch GTA wiki to play it for me. Now i can go further with the story.

I never couldn't finish the original Prince of Persia on MS-DOS.
Got stuck at level 5.

Drakesecaravdis
9th Jan 2012, 9:45 AM
someone here couldn't beat Agatha Christie? damn I'm terrible at finding things and I beat that game. then again I think I'm good at hidden object..I don't get it personally, I lose things IRL and have a horrible time finding them but good at those games

anyway there's probly a lot of games I haven't won but that's because I can easily move on to something else
however, the one I've been forever stuck on is Spyro 3. I beat all the primary levels but that darn yeti race....haven't played it since. I hate it. it's bad enough I'm not really big on races (I like Mario Kart but that's because of the characters. Need for Speed I like because the cars look cool. Midtown Madness for the fact you can crash stuff)

another one I got stuck on was Lion King on SNES. can't get past the part where there's a pile of animals you jump on. haven't played it in ages

and Pokemon Stadium. well actually I haven't tried the tournament this time around but I believe I will get stuck on it because the book says that it's nearly impossible to beat R2 with rentals and I can't find my game...I haven't seen most of my game boy games for a long time, it's sad

Rawra
9th Jan 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh and I never finished Dragon Age for no real reason.

Bah, I finished Origins twice and started it over ten times already, all because of that stupid Circle Tower quest, when you enter the Fade. I HATE that thing, but now that I have downloaded a mod to skip that part of the game, I'll finish it more times.

Riptide651
9th Jan 2012, 3:29 PM
Just Cause 2 is impossible to get 100% in, cuz as one of the requirements you have to go everywhere in the world, but one of the locations doesn't exist...

KKiryu007Joker
9th Jan 2012, 3:50 PM
Bah, I finished Origins twice and started it over ten times already, all because of that stupid Circle Tower quest, when you enter the Fade. I HATE that thing, but now that I have downloaded a mod to skip that part of the game, I'll finish it more times.

Yeah that quest was very tough, but I thought it was one of the more interesting ones. Problem was it had a possibility of at least three bosses (Sloth, Wynne, Pride) in succession, and it took hours to beat. I think it takes more time than anything else in that game, though I'm not sure.

bbc100
24th Jan 2012, 5:46 AM
Now, my biggest headache is GTA IV. I dunno, it's just hair-pulling hard!
I have clocked that about two times and both expansions at least once! If you need help, PM me! :P :jest: :up: :D

Yazoo
24th Jan 2012, 8:27 AM
I just came to realize, I can't beat...Resident Evil: File Outbreak 1 and 2. Though I usually play Alyssa, she is da bomb with her lock picking skills! >.< And the nurse ^.^ Oh yeahhhh. But I can't beat it, because I get lost, then die -.-"

AND

Parasite Eve. The three headed dog ALWAYS kills me, and think that is only the third chapter of the game -.-" Go meeee. Evil game :(

DigitalSympathies
24th Jan 2012, 8:52 AM
Circus Charlie. That game has been the bane of my existence for millennia.

Weisskreuz
2nd Feb 2012, 7:34 PM
Devil May Cry 3. Those Demon Twins, I just CAN'T.

Black Zekrom
9th Feb 2012, 8:23 AM
All Sierra games. Especially Empire Earth ;)

Lawli-Lawli
9th Feb 2012, 4:39 PM
Something happened with Ninja Gaiden...I don't know what.

GigaRevival
9th Feb 2012, 4:42 PM
I was just discussing this, but Pandemic 2. I did manage to win once, but I think that was a fluke. The disease started in Madagascar - which hasn't happened since (for me anyway). :|

Rarr
10th Feb 2012, 12:49 AM
This is basically because I'm lazy, but Professor Layton and the Last Specter. this one person wants me to beat 80 puzzles in order to get info from him, and i only have like 55 or something. not going to happen...

Lazerus122
22nd Feb 2012, 11:47 PM
Well my woes have followed me through the years.

When i was on Sega Genesis. The Lion king, i never beat b/c i would get stuck on a level where you gotta ride rocks on top of lava.

Then I moved up to computer gaming, and i was stuck on Starwars Rogue Squadron that took me forever and a day to get gold on every mission.

N64 Never had a game i couldn't sit down and beat on it, til I found Duke Nukem Zero Hour, the last boss fight was like next to impossible.

As for my Playstation Chronicles (1/2/3) Final Fantasies have given me woes. I am currently stuck on the last boss of 9, Beat 8 for the first time here a few weeks ago only took me 5 years (lost the game, not that it took me 5 years to win) and FF 11 I am stuck on the final boss. Final Fantasy X-2 i didn't really like the concept and it was too easy to beat.

Those are all my current gaming woes, some that will never be resolved :p

frankokomando
23rd Feb 2012, 2:34 AM
Urban Chaos: Riot Response. I die in the fire every time, so I just gave up after a while.
Final Fantasy XIII-2. Mostly because I just don't care anymore.
Professor Layton and the Last Spector. As much as love Professor Layton games, this one just makes my brain hurt.
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I can't figure what I'm suppose do in Peach's castle and I'm to lazy to look at a walkthrough.

There's more games I could probably think of, but these are just off the top of my head.

Rawra
23rd Feb 2012, 8:59 PM
Yeah that quest was very tough, but I thought it was one of the more interesting ones. Problem was it had a possibility of at least three bosses (Sloth, Wynne, Pride) in succession, and it took hours to beat. I think it takes more time than anything else in that game, though I'm not sure.

Late reply, but still. It's not the battles which are hard, it's the time spent on figuring out how the portals work in Mages Asunder (was it?) and how the whole labyrinth works. Too many headaches.

KKiryu007Joker
24th Feb 2012, 1:55 AM
Late reply, but still. It's not the battles which are hard, it's the time spent on figuring out how the portals work in Mages Asunder (was it?) and how the whole labyrinth works. Too many headaches.

That was hard too, but I kept on getting killed by the guys in the burning hall..... and the Sloth and Pride demons were super tough.

Oaktree
24th Feb 2012, 3:02 AM
I actually liked the Fade, though it was kind of a bitch playing through it with my dwarf. I tried using the lyrium veins and couldn't figure out why they were scattered all over if they didn't do anything. I ended up using every last potion I had while in the Fade. I read later that non-dwarves can heal with lyrium veins. But I liked the overall character of the Fade, and the puzzle-like gameplay.

KKiryu007Joker
24th Feb 2012, 6:08 AM
I thought it was close to being the best part in that game.

BloodyScholastic
14th Oct 2012, 4:28 AM
-Dead Space 2. I don't know why I'm getting stuck in certain level, cannot open the door after tried everything to open it, without any damn single clue. After took a lift, finishing zombie aliens, found the big door with massive space glass besides the door. There was a tool on wall to recharge the energy. Behind that room, that was a controller room.

-Minesweeper... Windows Game - seriously :blink:

frankokomando
14th Oct 2012, 5:20 PM
The more I play The Binding of Isaac the more I suck at playing it. Haven't reached the final boss in quite a while. :|

GnatGoSplat
15th Oct 2012, 7:56 PM
Beat Super Mario Bros on NES once, and only once, must have been dumb luck because I couldn't manage to do it a 2nd time despite trying for years.
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Castlevania
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda NES
Super Mario N64

Those old NES games were just way too hard, so I quit playing games altogether. Didn't touch a video game for years.
Briefly played GTA III in the early 2000s. Too hard, couldn't get past that part where you drive to the mansion, and then gotta race to the dam where the helicopter is.

Rediscovered PC gaming in 2007 and found modern games are super easy, beat GTA IV, no problems. Went back to GTA III thinking maybe I'm just better now, and I happened to have my ancient save game still. NOPE, not better, STILL couldn't get past that same part!

Only modern >2007 game I've played that I can't beat is Dead Space on iPhone. The part where the doors shut and there are 4 rooms in the corners. It's pretty embarrassingly early in the game.

gizmoman49
20th Oct 2012, 9:32 PM
I can't beat The Sims because there's nothing to beat.

...I should leave, shouldn't I?

frankokomando
20th Oct 2012, 11:38 PM
I can't beat Orcs Must Die because I can't aim for shit.:|

Shoosh Malooka
21st Oct 2012, 9:55 AM
Spelunky - free game
Reason: You must be a master cyber ninja with navigating a character on screen under pressure to proceed. Game is insanely difficult because each life generates a new map.

Super Mario Blue Twilight - free fan-made game
Reason: I can tell there is a gem here, but the controls for keyboard are abysmal and Mario's jump is much less floaty, heavy, and sticky than in his official Nintendo games.

frankokomando
23rd Oct 2012, 11:44 PM
Braid. I'm not very good at puzzles :|

maxon
24th Oct 2012, 12:00 AM
Braid. I'm not very good at puzzles :|
It's a tricky one to solve. There are videos on UTube.

The SimWhisperer
24th Oct 2012, 4:36 AM
Anything to do with Mario Cart, I suck at all driving and any form of fighting games. I'll also throw in sport games too! For actual game playing, I prefer board games, involving trivia, or scattergories, and boggle. But anything that needs a controller, I pretty much suck at!

misslaheela
28th Oct 2012, 7:33 AM
There's this old computer game by Lucas Arts known as "Outlaw." I can't ever beat the story mode. There's one level I can't get past. If I use cheats and get to all the levels after it, I can beat all those, but I can't beat the game straight through.

I also can't beat Guitar Hero 3 on Expert Mode. I can get up to "Cult of Personality" and my fingers just do not work that fast. It frustrates me.

Shoosh Malooka
28th Oct 2012, 9:54 AM
Mushroom Kingdom Fusion and Super Mario Kingdom Revival
http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resource.com/

My initial thought was that I would blow through the levels, but man have I lost my skill! MKF is easier and has a working save system, so I'll start with that.

Artimis
28th Oct 2012, 10:47 AM
Spellforce 2 shadow wars there was a glitch which never allowed me to go back to a realm to complete one of the quests.

candesco
2nd Nov 2012, 11:15 AM
Alpha Centauri. Played that at the neighbours then, but after playing a while we didn't get it. The game got returned to the store and swapped with Knights & Merchants instead.