View Full Version : Saving a sim for the first time, help!
19th Jan 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi! Iīm about to export sims for the first time. Feeling a bit scared that something will go wrong :P
Iīve used a lot of cc in the process of making my sims, and Iīd like to package it with the sims, will that be done automatically if I package the sim in bodyshop? Can you access all sims you have made thru bodyshop, no matter what neighborhood itīs made in? Whatīs the difference between exporting a sims in the game and in bodyshop? In what step do you make a cc list? Afterward or just before you export? And how do you see the cc list?
19th Jan 2010, 06:12 PM
With Sims 2 any content that is on the Sim when the Sim is packaged in Bodyshop. However; when you go into the game Sims are not placed into the Bin. The game essentially saves the Sims head according to the skintone- so you select the Skintone that you used for that specific Sim and then go down to Heads in CAS. The head of the Sim you created should be there. Select the head- and clothes you used on the original Sim.
The Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer here (http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/) will allow you to open up the Sims 2Pack and preview what content you packaged with the Sim.
19th Jan 2010, 06:27 PM
Do you mean that all sims I make in the game can be accessed in bodyshop without any exporting? And that I have to browse the skins to find the one I used to be able to see my sim? I think I got like 100 differens skins :P But if that is what it takes.. guess I have to take better notice to what skin I use next time then to make it easier to find it.
19th Jan 2010, 07:29 PM
You can access them in Bodyshop but if you are in game- not Bodyshop you will have to access them by choosing the skintone you used for the Sim, in Create a Sim (click on your Sim bin and you will see an icon with the figures of a family and a + sign- click that) this will bring you into CAS. Bodyshop is a separate program that you access outside the game. CAS is where you make Sims in game.
1. Pick the Skintone you used
2. The only head that will be available for that skintone (unlike the Maxis default skintones) is the head you created for your Sim. It will have a asterisk icon representing that it is CC
3. Select that head- your Sim will appear in the left hand CAS screen with the correct skintone, makeup and hair
4. Dress your Sim
5 Check the box to save the sim and exit CAS
6. Your Sim will appear in the Sim Bin for all lost and neighborhoods/sub-neighborhoods with the exception of the Uni Sub-Neighborhoods because that only holds YA Sims or teen Sims that have just been sent to college.
7. Select the Sim, plop them on a lot and play.
8. If you have a packaged Sim (in a Sims2Pack) you can check to see what skintone you used using the Clean Pack Installer that I gave you the link to. (SCPI also lets you know if you have packaged a Sim or a house with any hacks and mods- those will show up with words highlighted in red or pink)
19th Jan 2010, 07:36 PM
Thankyou! I think I got it. (Letīs hope) *lol*
And if I want to share it and upload it to modthesims. Then I just export it in the game after browsing it in CAS? Or do I need to go into bodyshop to do a package of it for sharing?
19th Jan 2010, 07:57 PM
You cannot export a sim to bodyshop from within the game. You have to go into SimPE, use simsurgery, and export the sim.
19th Jan 2010, 08:06 PM
Does this mean that I canīt share a sim without using SimPE?
19th Jan 2010, 08:11 PM
Not unless you make them in Bodyshop, or package them in a house, which is A BAD IDEA unless you jump through several hoops placed at odd angles.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.