PDA

View Full Version : Nanny Challenge

lipglosschaos
26th Jul 2010, 3:21 AM
I actually thought of this challenge way back a couple years ago, but I hadn't discovered challenges. I thought I was crazy. NO! I'm not crazy! *swats air*

Anyway.

Build yourself a house with a kitchen and all the necessities on the first floor. This will be the "common area". The second floors will comprise of one hallway and four rooms, neither of which connect to eachother-just the hallway. Create four nannies of different personalities. Each of them has a random baby that is not their own, but adopted. Each baby gets its own room. The room is locked for everyone except the baby's own nanny. You may only control the nannies. You cannot control the children in any way, except to do things they wouldn't on their own.

Cheats are fine, except those that up skills.

A nanny is kicked out of the house if:
-Their is taken by the social worker.
-Their baby dies.
-The nanny somehow dies.

The child grows up normally and goes to school. Keep record of their grades, jobs, etc.

Point System:
School
Count each stage of life in school (child, then teenager) as a separate point-scoring entity.

0 points for Fs in school
1 point for D
2 points for C
3 points for B
4 points for A
5 points for A+
-1 point for each detention

Part-Time Jobs
This is one thing you can control, as teenagers will not do this on their own.
3 points for a part-time job
-2 points for getting fired from a job
-1 points for quitting a part time job

Skills

1 point for each skill point they go up
5 bonus points for mastering a skill

Randab
26th Jul 2010, 4:37 AM
wow good challenge! can't wait to start!

lipglosschaos
30th Jul 2010, 4:03 AM
bumpity bump bump

lipglosschaos
30th Jul 2010, 4:03 AM
bumpity

lipglosschaos
8th Aug 2010, 5:31 AM
bump bump

lipglosschaos
bumping it up

lipglosschaos
bumpity bump bump

Randab
14th Aug 2010, 2:15 PM
one question: if the social worker comes, they take ALL the children (except teens), so do they adopt a replacement of the age their child was before the social worker came? like if one nanny neglects their child and the social worker comes to take them all away, they are all kids, do the other nannies start again with a newborn or adopt a kid?

lytefoot
14th Aug 2010, 7:34 PM
one question: if the social worker comes, they take ALL the children (except teens), so do they adopt a replacement of the age their child was before the social worker came? like if one nanny neglects their child and the social worker comes to take them all away, they are all kids, do the other nannies start again with a newborn or adopt a kid?

I don't think this would work, either: last time I checked, you can't adopt if the social worker has taken kids away from you.

Bihlbo
23rd Aug 2010, 6:02 PM
When I read this, I thought "Use modify town to steal a baby from another household," not "adopt." So that's always an option if babies get taken.

In fact, the way I would start this challenge is to play one of the in-game families and immediately modify town. Take the father out of the house, and then pull out the fathers from 3 other houses. Put all the fathers into the house you're going to use and add your 4 nannies. Then the fathers, all on the first day, successfully try for baby with their wives. Modify town again to re-place all the fathers in their homes. Once the babies are born, steal them all and count that as "Day 1". This doesn't just ensure that the babies are completely unrelated to your household, but it allows for truly random starting traits, genders, etc.

One issue though: Once you have a toddler, you have a second mobile inhabitant of your locked nursery. When they age up again it's completely unreasonable to have a locked door or to limit the nannies from interacting with and helping other children in the household. I'd get rid of the locked door requirement and just state that each nanny only gets to help raise one kid, leaving it up to the player to adjudicate.

lipglosschaos
29th Aug 2010, 5:58 PM
When I read this, I thought "Use modify town to steal a baby from another household," not "adopt." So that's always an option if babies get taken.

In fact, the way I would start this challenge is to play one of the in-game families and immediately modify town. Take the father out of the house, and then pull out the fathers from 3 other houses. Put all the fathers into the house you're going to use and add your 4 nannies. Then the fathers, all on the first day, successfully try for baby with their wives. Modify town again to re-place all the fathers in their homes. Once the babies are born, steal them all and count that as "Day 1". This doesn't just ensure that the babies are completely unrelated to your household, but it allows for truly random starting traits, genders, etc.

One issue though: Once you have a toddler, you have a second mobile inhabitant of your locked nursery. When they age up again it's completely unreasonable to have a locked door or to limit the nannies from interacting with and helping other children in the household. I'd get rid of the locked door requirement and just state that each nanny only gets to help raise one kid, leaving it up to the player to adjudicate.

Each nanny gets his/her own child. For some reason, Sims really seem to like babies. With four adults walking around, plus babies to look after, we don't want the challenge gettign messed up by one Nanny deciding to take care of a different baby. So each door (up until Child, when the children can sort of take care of themselves) must be locked so that only the child's respective nanny can enter.

Also: During Childhood/Teenagehood, the Nannies are responsible for helping with the child's homework. Nannies must do all the cooking and cleaning.

Randab
14th Sep 2010, 1:15 AM
Oh i thought of something for the can't-adopt-after-losing-children thing :D once one gets their child taken away, go to edit town and evict the nannies, then replace them (so they can adopt again) and move-out the child-hating nanny. get the good nannies to re-adopt and just repeat after one fails ^.^

EDIT: solution to locked-door-problem: easy, just add a SECOND door, one for the nanny and one for the kid :3