PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

severedsolo
12th Jul 2011, 1:44 AM
I have an update; http://severedlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-5-how-do-you-solve-problem-like.html

The Cassandra glitch has been solved, and it makes a great story too :) Pretty awesome way to get rid of a glitched Sim, even if I do say so myself.

CinderEmma
12th Jul 2011, 5:33 AM
Quick question for anybody with teen pregnancy - is it normal for them not to have the pregnancy moodlet? She seems like she should have given birth by now (she's been HUGE for what seems like forever, though I can't tell for sure because it didn't automatically switch her into her maternity clothes and I didn't know she was showing until she was huge), though I think it'll be another 6-8 sim hours before I can say for sure that she's not giving birth, and she doesn't have the happy to be pregnant moodlet, despite having the one for backaches. Should I end the pregnant and do instant baby or do you think that Roxanne's baby still has a chance of being born?

I forgot to say that there were spoilers in the tree, didn't I? That's Tyson after his makeover, I'm planning on keeping that same hair for the rest of his sim life :)

ReyaD
12th Jul 2011, 5:48 AM
I say wait a bit. Serenity's first pregnancy she never got the moodlet, and she was pregnant for what seemed like a day longer then normal. But she gave birth on her own and the labour was quick and glitch-less. Give it time for now.

Micaela926
12th Jul 2011, 6:00 AM
A quick update on my Legacy story, and it's a happy one :) Chapter 21 (http://thesims3legacychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-21.html)

severedsolo
12th Jul 2011, 10:25 AM
Emma, you aren't using my "Free Your Pregnant Sim" Mod are you? That's a known side effect of that mod. It's perfectly harmless, it's just the game getting all confuzzled. It may also be that the Teen Pregnancy mod you are using forgot to activate the moodlet for Teens. The one I use does have it, but I use a Core Mod, which just disables the "12" check so it works exactly like Adults. If your using Woohooer, or another scripting mod it may not have been possible.

I wouldn't worry about it, you can see how far the pregnancy has progressed using MC Status>Relationship. If it goes beyong 72 hours then you may have a problem. The lack of a moodlet is nothing to worry about, it's perfectly harmless.

The fact that she stil getting huge means her outfit was unlocked for maternity, that's why she didn't change :)

Edit: I forget who it was, but whoever asked me to analyze that Script Error for the Spellbook, you might want to check here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=448273 there is a fix :)

Anarathiel
12th Jul 2011, 12:13 PM
Update!!!
All I'm saying is that Marigold is just like her mother in one certain way in this chapter.
http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-16-shotgun.html

BlindingEchoes
12th Jul 2011, 12:40 PM
@Severdsolo It was me, i got the fix for the spell book a while ago but thanks for the heads up anyway :)

CinderEmma
12th Jul 2011, 3:22 PM
Thanks Cece and severedsolo, I think the pregnancy is from Twallan's Woohooer actually, I remember enabling the teenage options at one point. I'll check how long the pregnancy's been with that MC status thing, maybe I'm worrying for nothing :P

She wasn't getting huge until I switched her clothing though, it looks like she's gone from nothing to nine months in an instant XD

Redhead Creations
12th Jul 2011, 3:52 PM
I had to turn off teen pregnancy in my game, at least for sims outside my control as I took a look at the school waiting line once and almost ALL the female teens were pregnant! It was like an epidemic.

Now I've noticed in my town that lifespans are very strange, an adult sim has a great grandson because he had a kid when he was a teen and his teen kid had a kid... So, I'm going to have a whole town full of adults and no seniors soon. Ugh.

I'm also going to start dialing back my age durations, I think taking it down a day or two every sim week. It's just too long, but I don't want to do it all at once because I noticed that also messed up all the sim's ages. So, hopefully if I do it gradually it won't be such a shock to the neighborhood.

This is a great lesson to learn - get your neighborhood settings figured out BEFORE you start your legacy. =)

CinderEmma
12th Jul 2011, 4:02 PM
I only have one other teen pregnancy so far, ironically it's Marilyn Lobos, who was the ex-friend Tyson yelled at XD She's happily married to Ernie somethingoranother (Can't remember his name before becoming a Lobos, but if you want a description of the poor fella, he's bald and bland), and they are struggling to find a house within their means. It's funny because they're the only ones I've noticed having trouble finding a place :P

severedsolo
12th Jul 2011, 4:53 PM
I seem to remember having this conversation with you before Red, but I'm fairly certain your overzealous teen pregnancy is due to the extended lifespan. In my game, which is at default normal aging, I only get the occasional teen pregnancy, because the relationships don't really have long enough to develop when they are teens.

She wasn't getting huge until I switched her clothing though, it looks like she's gone from nothing to nine months in an instant XD
That's badly flagged CC then. Obviously someone forgot to uncheck the "ValidForMaternity" box. That's why I always check the flags on my CC before I install it, and change it if needed.

Redhead Creations
12th Jul 2011, 6:34 PM
Oh, I know, Severed, I was just speaking about the aftereffects of it. I have since turned that option off since it wasn't weighted any differently for teens as for adults (per Twallan's words). While I like the extended lifespan for certain things, that was a pretty big drawback. =)

CinderEmma
12th Jul 2011, 6:50 PM
Okay, I'm going to make this clearer. It's not that the maternity clothes are bad (they're actually from this site, so I doubt they're bad), they just didn't switch automatically. I was forced to reset her at one point because she got stuck in a school jam, and I thought I heard the transition music for pregnancy then, so it could be a glitch related to the reset. She was in her normal clothes (not CC at all actually) until I manually switched her into the maternity clothes. She actually switched to maternity clothes in her little portrait picture, just not in the game for some reason 0_o Does that make more sense?
I think if it is a glitch related to the CC, at least it's the teen preg stuff, I don't usually have many teen pregnancies.

ReyaD
12th Jul 2011, 7:08 PM
Ch. 57: Goodbye http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/ch-57-goodbye.html

Its a short one, but I wanted to get something up before I went bye bye. I have a bit more material so I MIGHT possibly post again... or I'll just set it to post automatically tomorrow. Not sure yet.

laceyharkness
12th Jul 2011, 10:51 PM
I'm starting to get the hang of this, lol.

Chapter the Eighth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-eight-lets-take-trip.html

This challenge is a lot of fun.

CyyKosis
12th Jul 2011, 11:16 PM
This challenge is a lot of fun.

I agree! BTW, your "New to this blog?" link to the first chapter is broken since you changed your blog URL. Thought I'd let ya know!

NutsAndDolts
12th Jul 2011, 11:46 PM
Chapter 5 is up: http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-5-vulcan-in-kitchen.html

Spoiler: There isn't a vulcan in the kitchen. That is a vampire.

laceyharkness
12th Jul 2011, 11:59 PM
I agree! BTW, your "New to this blog?" link to the first chapter is broken since you changed your blog URL. Thought I'd let ya know!

Thanks lol. I keep forgetting to change all the links. I better head over to do that. >.<

CinderEmma
13th Jul 2011, 12:26 AM
My generation 3 looks sooooo boring, I got deadbeat parents and the joker, and two standard jobs. At least I got a 5 children roll :P I'm not there yet, but any tips for keeping this generation interesting?

NutsAndDolts
13th Jul 2011, 12:37 AM
Make the kids fight. That is my suggestion.

ReyaD
13th Jul 2011, 12:44 AM
My roll with Kori was pretty dull, so I just focused on Carey and Serenity instead. Maybe focus on the kids? Like... how do take care of themselves with such awful parents? Is the eldest responsible for them? Or does he/she hate kids as well? Is it like Lord of the Flies or more like Peter pan's lost boys?

CinderEmma
13th Jul 2011, 1:10 AM
Thanks guys, I probably will have a quicker generation for that one, but at least your suggestions make it more then a chapter or two XD I'll probably do some career related stuff if possible, like the heir's spouse is going to be a movie director, so (s)he'll host some parties :)

CyyKosis
13th Jul 2011, 2:19 AM
Holy cow, I am writing my first chapter in my new legacy (The Sperie Random Legacy) and it is 36 pictures long! I've drastically lengthened my posts... from 7ish on average xD I'm doing it in Riverblossom Hills and so far I absolutely LOVE it. No glitches and the town is bee-YOU-tiful!

Redhead Creations
13th Jul 2011, 2:30 AM
Deadbeat parents with five kids?? I don't think that's boring at all, quite juicy!! Haha

The famous hungry director only cares about themselves, leaving the kids to fend all alone. Or you could even go all Joan Crawford, that the kids (some of them) were adopted simply to boost their public image.

Lots of stuff to play with there! =)

[EDIT] Sounds great Maddie! Can't wait to read! I'm jealous about your Riverblossom Hills as I was unable to play the hood due to the lag. =(

ChloroformDreams
13th Jul 2011, 2:36 AM
I'm using Riverblossom Hills for my legacy as well (although I renamed it), but I thought it was really well done too. The community lots are all really nice, and although I gave everyone in town a facelift, I kept some of the families around cause they were pretty interesting.

I'm thinking I might start lengthening my chapters as well. Right now, I'm writing about 900 words per chapter, but it just seems like so little is getting done in each chapter. I don't want my first generation to take dozens of chapters.

BlindingEchoes
13th Jul 2011, 2:53 AM
I've been wanting to try out Riverblossom Hills, it's one of those custom worlds i've been eyeing for a while but have yet to download cause it's a all multiple part and i'm a lazy sot lol.

Redhead Creations
13th Jul 2011, 3:04 AM
I actually found that the multipart downloads werent too bad, winrar basically does everything for you, you just have to point it in the direction of the next file. River blossom Hills was great. I actually started Morand out there when I first started and the first couple days were fine, then things started creeping to a snails pace.

However, I just tried combining my package files for the first time, hopefully I did it right and the game wont lag so bad anymore!

BlindingEchoes
13th Jul 2011, 3:17 AM
I've been looking into combining some of my package files as well, but it's been so long since i've done anything remotely computer-y that i'm afraid i'll screw it up. To think, at one point in my life in the last decade, i actually use to code websites and now i won't even attempt combining package files for a damn game lol. I blame the brain tumor, it's sorta made me question my IQ.

CyyKosis
13th Jul 2011, 3:17 AM
I just downloaded the hood and then immigration did the rest for me so I didn't have to edit anyone! Actually... I didn't even know about the multi-part-ness. Probably would have saved me some time!

laceyharkness
13th Jul 2011, 3:19 AM
I've seen a lot of people using Riverblossom Hills, and I've thought about it, but right now I'm using Riverview. I recently downloaded Harmony and I'm trying it out. So far I love it! It's what Bridgeport should have been!

BlindingEchoes
13th Jul 2011, 3:26 AM
I wasn't really a fan of Harmony, but to be fair, i only played in it for about 10 minutes. I've been meaning to give it another go, cause i love the worlds with a decent city bit. I'm not really much of a suburb, small town kind of girl. Which was why i was so bummed when Bridgeport ended up being nothing but glitch after glitch cause it would have become my number one play world.

calisims
13th Jul 2011, 3:30 AM
I love Riverblossom Hills, it's such a great town. I really love all the premades in that town, they are all so interesting.

I have an update, Chapter 40:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-40-but-what-you-chase-at-night.html

laceyharkness
13th Jul 2011, 3:32 AM
I remember. For me I like it cause it has a better balance of the big town feel and the smaller suburbs. I started a family just for kicks (Blindingechoes: HINT: I may or may not have made Torchwood) and to see how it plays out, and so far I haven't had any issues with it. I'm gonna let it go a little longer, see what happens, make sure I don't have any issues with it. Especially with Death.

BlindingEchoes
13th Jul 2011, 3:54 AM
Anyone else having issues with blogger? I'm having to upload each picture one at a damn time, it's enough to make me wanna yank my hair out and i don't have much left as there is lol.

Also, Lacey, my love, is it not always Torchwood with us? That or Doctor Who, but really, with us, it's one in the same.

laceyharkness
13th Jul 2011, 4:15 AM
Yes, it is often Torchwood and Doctor Who for us. I figured if I was gonna test stuff, testing it with the crew seemed the best option. And I haven't been on blogger since this afternoon. Then again, I wouldn't notice anyways, cause I always upload it one at a time, cause I never know which ones I'm gonna end up using.

CinderEmma
13th Jul 2011, 4:22 AM
Anyone else having issues with blogger? I'm having to upload each picture one at a damn time, it's enough to make me wanna yank my hair out and i don't have much left as there is lol.
I always upload each pictures one at a time XD It's mainly because I write the text before I put the picture up, so I know that the plot is already.

You guys, I meant more about keeping my actual gameplay more interesting, I know the plot will be fun :P But I love goals, keeping me busy :P

Also, if you have a firefighter come over and put out a fire, does that count towards the no strangers rule? None of my sims are brave (except Ned, who's 92 days old) in this generation, and I don't want them all to die and my legacy go all kaput because of a stupid fire!

BlindingEchoes
13th Jul 2011, 4:33 AM
Lol, i upload a bunch of pictures and just write as I go, kicking out any pictures that don't flow. I usually have an idea what's going to happen in the overall generations, like with gen two I knew Joanna was gonna die and Zane would marry Cora, but I didn't plan out what would lead to said death or marriage, i kinda let the game decide and I weaved it into something (hopefully) somewhat cohesive.

But blogger pains aside, i managed an update: Chapter 37 http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-thirty-seven-i-know-that-we-can.html

ReyaD
13th Jul 2011, 4:40 AM
Also, if you have a firefighter come over and put out a fire, does that count towards the no strangers rule? None of my sims are brave (except Ned, who's 92 days old) in this generation, and I don't want them all to die and my legacy go all kaput because of a stupid fire!

I always thought firefighters and cops counted in the no-strangers rule. I know it took Matthew HOURS to set one stove fire off. But no one died.

CinderEmma
13th Jul 2011, 4:46 AM
I always thought firefighters and cops counted in the no-strangers rule. I know it took Matthew HOURS to set one stove fire off. But no one died.It doesn't say in the rules, from what I can see (I'm a bit tired though, so it's hard to focus). It just says pizza delivery and babysitters (I don't use either anyway XD) Can non-brave sims even put out fires? Because if they can, I'm fine with no firefighters, but I thought only the brave could put them out.

And cops shouldn't count, because when a teen is caught after curfew, you CAN'T cancel out them coming and dropping the kid off.

ReyaD
13th Jul 2011, 5:36 AM
Then don't send them out after curfew! :P

CinderEmma
13th Jul 2011, 6:18 AM
Well, sometimes it's accidental XD

BlindingEchoes
13th Jul 2011, 6:36 AM
I found the firefighters come automatically if the fire alarm goes off, even if your sim's put out the fire they still show up and then shout because the fire's out and you've basically wasted their time. And not only brave sims will put out fires, i've found the only sims that absolutely won't do it unless they're the only ones in the house are the cowards.

Also, one more update before i pass out :) Chapter 38 http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-thirty-eight-its-way-that-i.html

kirajmp
13th Jul 2011, 7:09 AM
I know it's been a while, but I finally have an update for Moonstone Manor. My game wouldn't load for about a week. Finally I installed Twallan's Error Trap, and it started right up - should have done it sooner :)

Generation 7 Chapter 4 (http://kirajmpmoonstone.blogspot.com/2011/07/gen-7-ch-4.html)

Coal has a midlife crisis. Agate turns into a super cute toddler. Topaz becomes a child - she looks so much like Coal it's uncanny. And two deaths :(

AJH
13th Jul 2011, 7:51 AM
AJH welcome to the challenge :) It's great to have you aboard. Good start!

I don't know... it's all fairies and elves with you lot at the moment. You'd think you were a bunch of girls or something. :P You're starting to make me feel bad about my next chapter... magic and sunshine and lollipops will definitely be in short supply. Well, maybe one lollipop. Only if you eat all your dinner though.
Don't worry, I'm planning on things getting darker once Alaeia realises the full implications of her exile...

I've got the photos for another chapter, just need to work out how I'm going to write it up

CyyKosis
13th Jul 2011, 8:49 AM
I haven't updated the sidebar with rolls or links or anything... but first chapter! http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/

calisims
13th Jul 2011, 12:36 PM
Cops and firefighters aren't included in No Strangers.

Anarathiel
13th Jul 2011, 3:35 PM
Just wondering...you see the perfect children rule? You can decide how the pregnancy goes.
For a bad pregnancy: don't read any pregnancy books
To be able to pick one trait: have either the mum OR the dad read one pregnancy book.
to be able to pick two traits: have both the mum AND the dad read one pregnancy book each

severedsolo
13th Jul 2011, 3:40 PM
I never read any pregnancy books, 9 times out of 10 I still get to pick traits anyway.

According to the pregnancy XML, The pregnancy is "scored" based on the mothers overall mood throughout the pregnancy. Reading pregnancy books merely gives that score a bonus.

calisims
13th Jul 2011, 3:48 PM
Yeah, I rarely read pregnancy books, either. And I almost always get to pick all traits.

severedsolo
13th Jul 2011, 3:58 PM
I know I've said this a couple of times recently but then haven't, but this time I mean it :p

I'm going to be disappearing for a bit, I have a few personal problems that I need to work through. Women related mainly :rolleyes: So Y'all have fun without me, and I'll speak to you soon :)

Redhead Creations
13th Jul 2011, 4:03 PM
So, in contrast, if you roll dead-beat parents, should you then make sure the mother's needs are fairly low during pregnancy, or not work as hard to keep her motives up? Starting the dead beat parents thing from the very beginning? =)

[EDIT] Sorry to hear that Severed. Hope you're able to work out your problems soon! =(

Anarathiel
13th Jul 2011, 4:09 PM
Damn it. Whenever i dont read the books i get both traits picked for me. No fair.

Update : http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-17-married-life-and-babies.html

edit: aww man that sucks severedsolo. Hope it gets better soon

Buckley
13th Jul 2011, 5:21 PM
Ok so I am planning to start my legacy today, and I'm thinking about blogging about it. But the problem is, I'm have no idea how to start my legacy. I mean, why would a young woman randomly show up at a small remote island (Barnacle Bay) and have enough money to purchase an (albeit small) house? I mean, theoretically when a sim starts out as a young adult they are supposed to be 18, right?I guess my terribly unimaginative brain is having a horrible time trying to think of a logical back story. LOL Oh well... I suppose I'll think of something eventually. All of y'alls stories were great. I especially loved your dramatic beginning NutsandDolts. That was so creative. And your R&R legacy, with Randy and and Randi, I laughed a lot during your opening chapter.

Also, how do y'all choose legacy names? I can't seem to find a suitable surname for my family. LOL I think I'm over thinking it. Haha.

And severed solo, we'll miss you! Hope you come back soon.

laceyharkness
13th Jul 2011, 6:01 PM
Ok so I am planning to start my legacy today, and I'm thinking about blogging about it. But the problem is, I'm have no idea how to start my legacy. I mean, why would a young woman randomly show up at a small remote island (Barnacle Bay) and have enough money to purchase an (albeit small) house? I mean, theoretically when a sim starts out as a young adult they are supposed to be 18, right?I guess my terribly unimaginative brain is having a horrible time trying to think of a logical back story. LOL Oh well... I suppose I'll think of something eventually. All of y'alls stories were great. I especially loved your dramatic beginning NutsandDolts. That was so creative. And your R&R legacy, with Randy and and Randi, I laughed a lot during your opening chapter.

Also, how do y'all choose legacy names? I can't seem to find a suitable surname for my family. LOL I think I'm over thinking it. Haha.

And severed solo, we'll miss you! Hope you come back soon.

Coming up with backstories can be tricky, so I what I did for mine especially since I had random traits on them, was look at their traits and figure out why they would be in the situation they were in. For Shaun and Michelle, it just seemed easy to make them from a place where Star Quality would be common like Bridgeport and the rest sort of just fell in.

As for their legacy name...I was watching Craig Ferguson, lol, and just went there we go, that's my name for the family.

ChloroformDreams
13th Jul 2011, 6:05 PM
@Buckley: I had that trouble deciding how to start my legacy too. In the end, I just made Adrian a bit older so he could have a more fleshed out back story. You could do something along those lines, or if you still want your character to be fresh out of high school, you could have her move into a small, crappy place while attempting to start her career. Or come up with something to do with her family (or her hopes and dreams) that explains why she she moved out.

As to choosing names, I think Dawson just popped into my head. If you can't think of anything Seventh Sanctum (http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quickname) has a good name generator which could give you some ideas.

@severedsolo: Hope you get everything worked out soon cause you'll be missed.

CyyKosis
13th Jul 2011, 6:27 PM
@Buckley~ For my last legacy my founder's career was a PI so I made up a story about how something happened to her family so she could use her career to find out... This time I didn't make much of one as I couldn't really thing of anything either!! The way I chose my last legacy's name was Vivaz which means vivacious/lively in Spanish and this legacy is Sperie which is my personal variation of Espirí which is Spanish for spiritual/spirit as she is a ghost hunter. :)

@severedsolo~ Hope things get better quickly... We'll all miss ya!

Redhead Creations
13th Jul 2011, 6:54 PM
Buckley, I went with Lacey's technique. I actually based his whole look on my founder's traits. Mostly going off the "shy" trait. Basically his look and his traits equaled him being a kind of outcast that just wanted to get away from the people who had made his life hell. You can also use the contents of your first generation roll to kind of build up a backstory as well. Knowing what they're going to be doing in the future, try to think of what would have made them choose that future.

Speaking of futures (nice transition...) here an update!! =)
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-1-part-11.html

AJH
13th Jul 2011, 7:54 PM
Got my second chapter up, having weeded through several hundred screenshots!

http://faenalarandom.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-two-looking-after-baby.html

calisims
13th Jul 2011, 9:37 PM
Buckley, I don't worry too much about explaining why my legacy founders appear suddenly into the world with no family and enough money to buy a small house before they even get a job. Same way I don't worry about explaining why they go from toddler to child or child to teen suddenly after eating cake. It's just the way it is with Sims, lol. I tend to like to keep my stories in a largely Sim-based reality, rather than try to write as though they are people in our world. I don't want to have to explain why the "Leader of the Free World" works in a City Hall, or why an International Super Spy never leaves his hometown.

NutsAndDolts
13th Jul 2011, 10:32 PM
Another short update.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-6-i-had-this-truck-in-storage.html

Sorry they've been short. =(

And thank you for your comments, Buckley. =) Just blog how you want.

Redhead Creations
13th Jul 2011, 11:00 PM
I'm trying to do that as well, Cali. Try to think of it in terms of "this is the Sim's world, not mine". Especially when you having things like Male Pregnancy and Vampires, and who knows what else. It's easier to go with "this is their universe" than trying to think of a reason for it to exist. =)

CyyKosis
14th Jul 2011, 1:11 AM
I took a break from playing today and closed the sims and returned a couple hours later and now my game won't even run... I didn't even change anything! My game is giving me so much trouble lately but I don't want to uninstall everything so I'm going through my files one by one.

Those are very good points though... Speaking of sims aging up, I can't wait for generation 2 to be born! I miss having kids running around... No spoilers though, cause S isn't even in a relationship yet :)

CinderEmma
14th Jul 2011, 2:15 AM
I HATE MOVING! Ugh, they keep on freezing, not going to the new home, more freezing! And the new home is being slow, which is odd because I really haven't added much CC besides a few houses, a car, some roofs and furniture and a few outfits. Oh, and some stuff from ATS, but I deleted other sims3pack stuff to make room for it. I may move the house into a new neighbourhood, though I really would like one more generation in Riverview :(

CinderEmma
14th Jul 2011, 4:56 AM
Okay, I'm feeling frustrated, it seems like ghost hunting and stylist are the only Ambitions jobs that work for me now :( STUPID GAME, I HATE YOU! I've spent a whole sim day trying to get Tyson to start his first case in the Investigation career, but it's not working. I've had problems with Investigation career before, but never this bad, usually it's only a couple hours. :/ I'll have to reroll Tyson's career, which will suck if it's something like artist, ugh.

Micaela926
14th Jul 2011, 10:40 AM
Another legacy update put up today! Chapter 22 is finished! (http://thesims3legacychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-22.html)

calisims
14th Jul 2011, 2:45 PM
Chapter 41 is up:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-41-where-you-grip-her-love-like.html

Emma, I'm sorry about your career issues. I've never even played PI once.

NutsAndDolts
14th Jul 2011, 3:32 PM
That really sucks, Emma. =(

ReyaD
14th Jul 2011, 6:14 PM
Ouch Emma, sorry to hear about all the glitches, Emma. If anyone's curious about my condition, My surgery was three and a half hours long, and I got out around noon. I'm at home now resting but I have to go in for my post-op in about three hours. Which is goanna suck. Since everytime I move I feel like I'm going to pass out. Plus I can't move my right arm at all. So thats sort of lame.

I probably won't be updating until the weekend at earliest. Stitches are being taken out on the 19th so I won't be able to post after that for a few days again. (Why are stitches so painful? Seriously?)

Anyway, I've been reading the updates slowly. I love them all! Really helps take my mind off things. I love you guys soooooo much.

(This is her sister Pina writing since she can't do it herself. She's fine. Just being a big baby cause everyone is giving her attention. She'll be back on Sims as soon as mom is out of the house.)

CinderEmma
14th Jul 2011, 6:24 PM
I'm a little less mad now, I can make a cool plot now about how Tyson hated his first day of being an investigator so much that he jumped at the chance when he heard of an opening in the law enforcement career :P I'm so happy with that roll :)

The people are still a little laggy, but better now that they're all moved in. I'm hoping once I move Thorne and Rosaline out (only two days in my game until they age), it'll be easier. Ned should die soon too, he's 93. Hope for me!

I hope you feel better Cece! And you're allowed to be a big baby after surgery, that's one of the few times you can get away with it ;)

Finaleia
14th Jul 2011, 6:30 PM
My computer decided to have a glitch fest and video card driver issues, so I'm having to start all over again. That's okay though. I figured out my old Fraps account information for easier screenshot taking!

My rolls:
Single parent with help
Two kids, first being heir
Mixologist as primary
Part time job as secondary
Expansionist
Hands Off

calisims
14th Jul 2011, 6:49 PM
I hope the recovery is speedy, Reya, and that you aren't in too much pain. Thanks to your sister for posting for you. :D
Emma, I'm glad you've worked out your problems and are happy in your legacy again. My Rex is like 113 right now, so Ned could keep going for awhile. Sometimes they go as soon as the age bar hits maximum, but some of them just keep going on and on.
Finaleia, that looks like a fun 1st gen roll. It will be tough going at first to make money with a mixologist & part-time job. Good luck!

CinderEmma
14th Jul 2011, 6:59 PM
Kinda spoiler, if you don't want to know who Tyson marries :P If you don't want to read, I'm just moaning that I want Ned to die sooner because it's better for my plot and I'm bored with him XD

I'm hoping he dies soon, not because I want him too, but because it would be better for my plot. Rosaline does the cooking, Roxanne does the gardening (you can't be surprised I picked her as the spouse XD), and I've banned him from fishing :P All he can do is clean the house and clean baby poop :P

Redhead Creations
14th Jul 2011, 7:08 PM
I'm glad to hear you're out of surgery ok, Reya!! It's nice to have you back! Hopefully at the very least you'll be able to play, even if you can't update. You'll just have a very nice buffer to work from. =)

Sorry to hear about all the issues for everyone. We seriously go through a lot to play this game, don't we??

laceyharkness
14th Jul 2011, 8:18 PM
Reya glad everything went well, we look forward to seeing you back on again. Rest up and take it easy!

With that I also bring two new chapters in the Ferguson Legacy!

Chapter the ninth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-nine-anthony-becomes-child.html

And

Chapter the Tenth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-ten-boarding-school-and-midlife.html

Still pretty ahead of this in game, but having fun with it none the less. I'll hopefully catch up with myself soon, lol.

shadohart
14th Jul 2011, 9:27 PM
Here's the latest version of the app. It's been updated for the latest update.

I keep getting daycare as a secondary job but I've indicated that I don't have generations. Since I don't have Generations I didn't even know it was a job option... was trying to figure out how to get the neighbors to come over with kids. LOL

AJH
14th Jul 2011, 11:05 PM
Got my third chapter up now:- http://faenalarandom.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-three-working-for-living.html

That's caught me up to where I am in the game so I'll have to play some more now!

severedsolo
14th Jul 2011, 11:17 PM
I keep getting daycare as a secondary job but I've indicated that I don't have generations. Since I don't have Generations I didn't even know it was a job option... was trying to figure out how to get the neighbors to come over with kids. LOL

Sorry, fixed now. I messed with the numbering, forgot to update the rolling mechanism. Stupid oversight on my part. I knew what it was as soon as you posted that.

fairycake89
15th Jul 2011, 12:55 AM
Right! I'm giving this a go! I rolled married, 1 child, jobs are architect and business career and the Live Your Trait generation goal ... Will report back with shabby attempt at playing the game 'straight' later!

BlindingEchoes
15th Jul 2011, 1:06 AM
Shock and awe, an actual day went by without me and my updates bugging everyone lol. I blame the fact that i now have to share my computer again, grr. Anyway, i'm having game stress cause i really need my current set of parents to go on vaca and leave the kids alone before my eldest set age up, which happens in like a day but of course when you want one of those damn vacations, they never happen :faceslap: Anyone know if there's a way to force those things to happen? If not i'll have to change my plot plans... or just lock the parents in the basement... I don't have a basement, dammit!

laceyharkness
15th Jul 2011, 1:13 AM
Shock and awe, an actual day went by without me and my updates bugging everyone lol. I blame the fact that i now have to share my computer again, grr. Anyway, i'm having game stress cause i really need my current set of parents to go on vaca and leave the kids alone before my eldest set age up, which happens in like a day but of course when you want one of those damn vacations, they never happen :faceslap: Anyone know if there's a way to force those things to happen? If not i'll have to change my plot plans... or just lock the parents in the basement... I don't have a basement, dammit!

I think you can use MC to force the opportunity to come up. At least I think I've seen that in MC. I think it's under intermediate.

CinderEmma
15th Jul 2011, 1:15 AM
*sigh* I managed to kill the goldfish I'm giving to my niece in 2 hours. That's probably a record :( At least we have time to get a new fish before the party, but I'm still upset that I killed her gift.

I'll update eventually, I just want to play my game more then updating at the moment.

BlindingEchoes
15th Jul 2011, 1:20 AM
I think you can use MC to force the opportunity to come up. At least I think I've seen that in MC. I think it's under intermediate.

Yeah i'm gonna poke around MC and see what i can do.

Also, just a general heads up to everyone. I don't know if it's just my program, i use Avast btw, but my spyware alert keeps opening up and telling me it's had to stop malware that's attached to a banner somewhere on the MTS site. I checked and it is in fact just happening while i'm on MTS, it pops up every time i go onto a MTS page, so keep your eyes peeled.

CinderEmma
15th Jul 2011, 1:23 AM
I have avast too, and I've been getting a lot of (thankfully blocked by avast) trojin horses from this site and Neopets. I'm tired of getting heart attacks by the red death message XD

laceyharkness
15th Jul 2011, 1:25 AM
I got one earlier too with Norton. Just one thankfully, and at first I thought it was another site, but now I'm beginning to question that. I'm not sure which Banner it's on, and for me it happened while I was poking around in the download section. I haven't had it happen while on the forums.

Redhead Creations
15th Jul 2011, 1:31 AM
Yikes, that's kinda scary...

Welcome to the challenge, Fairycake!! I hope you're gonna blog it, but if not at least let us know what you get from your rolls. =)

ChloroformDreams
15th Jul 2011, 1:57 AM
I've been getting AV warnings as well today while on MTS. ESET says it's some kind of banner thing too.

I've been trying to get caught up on everyone's blogs, still got a ways to go. I may have an update later today, but I've been having problems with my game since installing SP, so I'm trying to get things sorted.

ChloroformDreams
15th Jul 2011, 9:24 AM
Chapter 4 is up: http://dawsondiarieslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-4-adrian.html

Anarathiel
15th Jul 2011, 12:28 PM
Hey guys, i love all of your updates! I'll have another one coming in soon.
How are you all?

EDIT: Is anybody else having trouble adding/editing gadgets on blogger?

NutsAndDolts
15th Jul 2011, 4:27 PM
Just a warning guys, I'm 95% sure I've gotten viruses on two occasions browsing this thread.

The first time was nearly VERY bad. The second time was yesterday, and my updated software caught and killed whatever it was.

In other news, why the heck is the "Friendly Hug" interaction available so seldomly? I have sims socialize for a while, trying to get it to appear, but it won't when I want it to. =(

It would be helpful for storytelling purposes if my sims would at least hug each other goodbye when I want them to.

Redhead Creations
15th Jul 2011, 4:42 PM
I've noticed that too, Nuts (about the hugging). It seems they have to be at a certain level of friendship, maybe? I've even had it to where two family members didn't have the hug option.

That's not good about the virus thing, hopefully Delphy is aware of it? Must be a bad ad or something that's causing that. =(

[EDIT] Just read the thread in the huge red banner at the top of the screen, apparently it's a known issue. haha

laceyharkness
15th Jul 2011, 4:45 PM
I think Delphy is aware of it, as a lot of people were getting warnings from Avast, especially yesterday. The problem they think is fixed from what I was reading about it, but still, if there are more problems best to let him know about it.

calisims
15th Jul 2011, 4:55 PM
Yeah, I hate that hugging doesn't appear when you want to take a nice friendly hug picture for your story. I hate the whole social interaction system in Sims 3, actually. I'd rather the higher level socials were always open when the relationship score is high, rather than having married couples have to work their way up the romantic social chain to 'embrace;' or best friends have to work up the friendly chain for higher level friendly socials. I also hate the way one Friendly interaction will reset the romantic score back down to the lowest level. It really limits the way you can interact.

ReyaD
15th Jul 2011, 4:57 PM
Best thing about macs. No viruses. Ever. ^^

So I'm still high on painkillers and all my friends are jealous since I'm actually a viable candidate for vicodin. Which apparently is rare. But then I found out that vicodin doesn't work on me. AT ALL. So I've been in pretty much constant pain for the past two days. I'm thinking of just updating what I have because I don't think I'll be able to play much until I'm fully healed in... 2 - 6 weeks. (I can't move my right arm at all).

Anarathiel
15th Jul 2011, 5:19 PM
Yikes, I'm lucky then I've had no viruses.

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-18-elders-and-gravestones.html

CinderEmma
15th Jul 2011, 5:34 PM
I'm just not a fan of macs, and we don't really have the funds for one anyway. I love my computer, especially now that I have Avast to prevent having my hard drive (see I listen severedsolo) getting devoured by viruses :P

NutsAndDolts
15th Jul 2011, 6:34 PM
When doing friendly interactions, my sims cannot get past "...thinks is being friendly."

Is this a glitch? Or is that the highest level? Because I still see no hugs.

calisims
15th Jul 2011, 7:37 PM
Friendly is highest, I think. I have no idea what the requirements are to get hugs to show up under friendly, because you can get to the highest level, and continue to spam friendly interactions, and still no hugs.

ChloroformDreams
15th Jul 2011, 8:04 PM
About the hugging thing, and this is just a guess, but might it have something to do with the overall relationship score? Or are you guys saying it's not working even then?

@ReyaD: Sorry to hear about the pain medication not working; I hope you feel better soon.

NutsAndDolts
15th Jul 2011, 8:15 PM
The sims in question have the relationship bar all the way full.

severedsolo
15th Jul 2011, 9:06 PM
Best thing about macs. No viruses. Ever. ^^

If you believe that, then you're already infected. Or you may as well be. Don't believe that crap, all computers are vulnerable to malware, Macs included. Just look at the whole Mac Defender thing that's going on at the moment.

Well I'm back... woman troubles took less time to sort out than I thought, lol. I may be on a bit less than usual though.

CyyKosis
15th Jul 2011, 9:49 PM
Welcome back severed! That was pretty quick!

I hope I didn't get any viruses... I have McAfee and during that whole time I never got any warnings or anything :/ Guess I'll have to give the system a scan then... she is running a bit slow. Does anyone that did get a virus know its name/location?

CinderEmma
15th Jul 2011, 9:51 PM
McAfee was the anti-virus program that allowed my computer to get over half the hard drive infected, it was useless when I had it!

CyyKosis
15th Jul 2011, 9:58 PM
Ouch! I only have it cause my uni gives it to students for free... I also have Ad-Aware, AVG, and Malwarebyte's Anti-Virus but just use McAfee for my on-demand scanner.

Redhead Creations
15th Jul 2011, 11:17 PM
Hopefully it wasn't anything serious, regarding the virus thing... I guess not having internet at home is a good thing in this case? Heh.

With that said, I thought I should update before the weekend as I won't be able to later, so I present to you Part 12!!
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-1-part-12.html

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Glad to see you back Reya and sorry to hear that you're in pain. =( Sending good thoughts your way!!

laceyharkness
15th Jul 2011, 11:52 PM
Have I mentioned how much I love reading everyone's blogs? Cause I do, they're all so great.

Glad things worked out for ya Severed.

I bring two more chapters:

Chapter the Eleventh: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-eleven-im-running-out-of.html

Chapter the Twelfth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-twelve-prom-night-and-boinky.html

ReyaD
16th Jul 2011, 1:59 AM
Weeeelll... no updates from me yet, but I did do an update for the memoirs thing. And I've also updated the Starr Family tree... so yeah.

Carey's memoir: http://memorystarrlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/carey-burden.html

Starr Tree: http://www.familyecho.com/?p=GLGFV&c=zd426y9m1k&f=992685731264017418

BlindingEchoes
16th Jul 2011, 2:06 AM
Finally managed an update, i haven't playing much the last 2 days, been ill, tumor related things making things all wonky. But hopefully it'll even out soon enough, anyway!
Chapter 39 http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-thirty-nine-when-your-tears-are.html

ChloroformDreams
16th Jul 2011, 3:20 AM
Chapter 5 is up: http://dawsondiarieslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-5-shae.html (warning: contains much drama :giggler: )

Whew, I'm finally caught up to where I am in game.

@BlindingEchoes: Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you start feeling better soon.

laceyharkness
16th Jul 2011, 4:26 AM
Does anyone else get so caught up in playing the game and figuring out how to do the challenges that they forget to take screenshots for their blog? I find I'm notoriously bad for screenshotting.

ReyaD
16th Jul 2011, 5:10 AM
I have the exact opposite problem, lacey. I screenshot EVERYTHING. I'm amaazed my "c" key still works since I spam it so much.

ChloroformDreams
16th Jul 2011, 5:46 AM
So I just rolled my second generation and got living in the past. I checked the rules and it makes no mention of fridges. I know they use electricity but can sims cook without one? Oh, and can sims max a skill just by reading skill books?

ETA: One more thing. I know the rules mention victorian and medieval themes as appropriate for living in the past. Would steampunk also qualify?

NutsAndDolts
16th Jul 2011, 12:17 PM
Steampunk is quite futuristic usually; it's an offshoot of cyberpunk. Every time you see it in fiction, the technology definitely took a different path than what we're familiar with, but they have things that are more advanced than we've got, or more advanced than they would have had in the time the story takes place. And the focus is on the technology, rather than the lack of it. Steampunk puts gears and widgets in everything, even belt buckles.

"I say, my belt buckle has an appendage that churns butter, which I obtain from my fleet of highly advanced steam cows."

"Impressive, archduke, but my monocle has laser functionality."

But! I'd still say it's perfectly okay. Because it's what your sim thinks of as the past, I suppose, that counts. And steampunk fashion is usually very Victorian. And the rule seems more adamant about not using electricity; it doesn't say not to use steam. O.o AND the Victorian/medieval thing is just a suggestion to make it more fun for the player; it's not actually part of the rule. ;) If you have a great steampunk set I'd say this is the perfect rule to use as an excuse to decorate the house with it. I'd really love to see that. =)

ChloroformDreams
16th Jul 2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of steampunk more as an "alternative past", if that makes sense. Or, I guess, a different time period. I was originally going to try and do a medieval type lot, but then I remembered I had these steampunk lots I downloaded a while back that I've been looking for an excuse to try out.

NutsAndDolts
16th Jul 2011, 1:16 PM
It's not the past, though. It never happened. It's science fiction.

But as long as you don't use it as an excuse to use technology you shouldn't be using with that roll, go for it.

Don't be using steampunk cars, etc.

calisims
16th Jul 2011, 3:10 PM
I have an update, Chapter 42:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-42-alone.html

Anarathiel
16th Jul 2011, 3:31 PM
Welcome back severed.

Nice updates everyone! I'm sorry for my last one being so gloomy.

ChloroformDreams
16th Jul 2011, 7:11 PM
I didn't mean to imply that steampunk was actual history. Perhaps my interpretation of "living in the past" is different from what was intended. I simply took it to mean living without modern conveniences, including those that require electricity. And since medieval and Victorian settings were mentioned as possible themes to inspire non-modern living, I thought steampunk could also work. Not because it actually happened in the past, but because it predicates a point where history diverged. I realize steampunk technology is more advanced than what would be found in historically-accurate time periods and so was going to do as you suggest, and not try and use it as a workaround.

Anyhow, sorry for the long-winded explanation; I just wanted to try and clarify my thought process, faulty as it may be. As it turns out though, the lot I was planning on using is fairly expensive so if I don't accumulate enough wealth before my heir reaches YA, I may simply stick to a medieval theme.

Buckley
16th Jul 2011, 7:14 PM
Great updates everyone!

Ok, so I have been ridiculously busy with work this week and still have yet to really get into my legacy. I mean, I got my generation 1 roll, created the sim, and wrote the first chapter. The only thing is, I decided to use Barnacle Bay as my town, but I am kind of bummed out by the lack of late night lots. I completely re-vamped the town to my liking, but I only had room for one tiny dive bar. AND there is no movie studio, which bothers me.

So, I have been thinking about using a custom world and just starting over. I know calisims plays in Riverblossom Hills, and if I am remembering correctly you really like that world. Does anyone else have a legacy in that town? I would love to hear y'alls opinion about how it works for this challenge, as I've never played any worlds not created by EA. I downloaded and installed it, and I am going to check it out in more detail today. I am just nervous about bugs, etc. (Hopefully this isn't too off topic... if it is I apologize) Thanks =)

@ ReyaD and BlindingEchoes- Feel better guys!

@ severedsolo- I am not very familiar with blogger and the whole comments thing, and I wanted to make sure you saw my posting... So I'm writing it here. Hope thats OK. I just caught up with your blog, and I like the serious style for chapter 6. I agree with you... it suits the story well. Can't wait to see what happens with Cassandra and Isabella next. :)

ChloroformDreams
16th Jul 2011, 7:20 PM
Although I refer to it by a different name, I'm using Riverblossom Hills for my legacy as well. I really love it, the community lots (including LN ones) are all really great. The sims that come with the neighborhood all have interesting backstories, which is something you don't see too often. I have heard of people with slower rigs experiencing lag, but I haven't encountered this. Definitely give it a try and see how you like it.

Buckley
16th Jul 2011, 7:44 PM
Oh thanks for the quick reply CholoroformDreams! I am glad you like it... It looks way cool. I just got a new computer (YAY!) and so I think I should be fine, but I'll play around with it a little and see what happens.

AJH
16th Jul 2011, 7:54 PM
So, I have been thinking about using a custom world and just starting over. I know calisims plays in Riverblossom Hills, and if I am remembering correctly you really like that world. Does anyone else have a legacy in that town? I would love to hear y'alls opinion about how it works for this challenge, as I've never played any worlds not created by EA. I downloaded and installed it, and I am going to check it out in more detail today. I am just nervous about bugs, etc. (Hopefully this isn't too off topic... if it is I apologize) Thanks =)
I'm playing in Riverblossom Hills, I've only just started my legacy but I've played previous games in it and I love the world

Buckley
16th Jul 2011, 8:02 PM
Oh, good to hear, AJH. Wow, I didn't realize so many people used that world. So, I think I am convinced. I'm going to reroll and start my legacy again in Riverblossom Hills. It just looks way too awesome not to. By the way, did you play it the way it was out of the box (or file...LOL) or did you make any modifications to the world? Just curious. Thanks guys for the opinions!

calisims
16th Jul 2011, 8:21 PM
Hi, Buckley,
I played Riverblossom Hills out of the box at first. I built the houses for my founders, and I've added houses into the empty lot spaces. As time went on and the original inhabitants have died, I've modified or replaced some houses. There are a lot of interesting characters, and they have interesting houses to fit them. When they died, their empty houses are often not very useful for new families moving in (one bedroom type houses) so I changed or replaced them to be more generic and accommodate larger families. Also, I added some Generations playground equipment to the main park.
It's a really wonderful neighborhood, I love the quirkiness of the original inhabitants.

AJH
16th Jul 2011, 8:26 PM
Oh, good to hear, AJH. Wow, I didn't realize so many people used that world. So, I think I am convinced. I'm going to reroll and start my legacy again in Riverblossom Hills. It just looks way too awesome not to. By the way, did you play it the way it was out of the box (or file...LOL) or did you make any modifications to the world? Just curious. Thanks guys for the opinions!
I've made a few amendments to it, I've added some subway stations to help them get between the different sections quicker, I replaced the graveyard with a church I downloaded & adapted (where I'm planning on holding weddings when they happen) and then put a new graveyard next to the church, and I've added an extra upmarket club. I've also added a lot of the kids playground stuff from generations to the big central park and make a few minor tweaks to a couple of buildings (including removing all the bouncer ropes - I don't like having bouncers on my clubs).

calisims
16th Jul 2011, 8:31 PM
I've made a few amendments to it, I've added some subway stations to help them get between the different sections quicker, I replaced the graveyard with a church I downloaded & adapted (where I'm planning on holding weddings when they happen) and then put a new graveyard next to the church, and I've added an extra upmarket club. I've also added a lot of the kids playground stuff from generations to the big central park and make a few minor tweaks to a couple of buildings (including removing all the bouncer ropes - I don't like having bouncers on my clubs).

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that, I removed bouncer ropes, too. Less useless NPCs, lol.
I also changed the Bamboo-Zle club a little, I was getting routing problems with the bar, so I took out the VIP lounge section and moved the bar inside, and added some tables and chairs.

Redhead Creations
16th Jul 2011, 8:42 PM
I had wanted to use RH for my legacy and had even started out there, but for me it got really really laggy to the point that the neighborhood was unplayable. But that might also be because I'm playing on a laptop that I'm sure is being pushed to its limits as it is!

I'm currently using Harmony as my town, wish I believe is on a smaller map, so thats probably why it works better for me.

I look forward to being I traduced to your legacy, Buckley!!

Buckley
16th Jul 2011, 9:34 PM
@ calisims- Oh good idea about adding generations playground equipment. I never think of those kinds of things! Also, thanks for the heads up about the Bamboo-Zle club. I will check that out and see if I too have routing problems that need to be addressed.

@ AJH- So this is probably a stupid question, but how do you add subway stations? If it is super complex don't worry about it, but that would be a neat feature to add! Also, about the bouncer ropes, how did you remove them? I went to the Cathedral club and tried to do it, but it gave me some sort of homeowner association crap. (LOL I am sure I sound ridiculous as it is probably super simple, so feel free to ignore me or tell me to get off my lazy *ss and do a google search... haha)

@ Redhead Creations- So far it hasn't been lagging for me, knock on wood. I have a new pc (I used to play on my macbook pro but it would run horribly!) and the game has already frozen my computer once... But since I am a Mac person switching back to Microsoft, I forgot about the ctrl + alt + delete trick... Lol! And thanks, I can't wait to start it and begin blogging. As soon as I finish writing this, I am going to go roll for generation 1, and I am nervous!... haha. I have never been nervous about a computer game before, but I really don't want to get stuck with single parent with 5 kids... at least not for the first generation... lol. =)

AJH
16th Jul 2011, 9:59 PM
@ AJH- So this is probably a stupid question, but how do you add subway stations? If it is super complex don't worry about it, but that would be a neat feature to add! Also, about the bouncer ropes, how did you remove them? I went to the Cathedral club and tried to do it, but it gave me some sort of homeowner association crap. (LOL I am sure I sound ridiculous as it is probably super simple, so feel free to ignore me or tell me to get off my lazy *ss and do a google search... haha)
The subway stations are community objects in build mode, just put them down on an existing community lot and decorate around them to make the fit in.

If you get the homeowner association thing coming up you need to put in a cheat but I can never remember which one it is without using the help cheat (lists all cheat codes)

calisims
16th Jul 2011, 10:03 PM
Buckley, when you get the homeowners association message, you need to enter 'restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off' in the cheat box. You might have to have testing cheats enabled for that to work.
To add subways, you just need to find the subway object in the Community Lot objects menu in build mode, and add them to any community lot. I personally find the subway system a pain, in that Sims with cars will drive to a subway station, take the subway part way to a location then drive the rest of the way. Or worse, take a cab for part of the trip, which is the slowest method of travel. Just driving or even using a bike to get around is actually faster (bikes are faster than taxis).

Buckley
16th Jul 2011, 10:08 PM
Ok, I have a question for you guys. I just got my generation 1 roll:

Single Parent
1 Kid
Adventurer
Perfect Children
Born with It

My question is about the adventurer and born with it roll. For the adventurer roll, how would you all recommend I tackle that? Just buy a really, really, really cheap house and start adventuring right away? Hmm... Just not really sure how to make money as an adventuruer with the cost of vacationing so high... lol. Any suggestions are welcome.

Also, the born with it... how does that work on a generation 1 roll? I mean, when you make them in Creat-A-Sim you get to choose their look, and they don't really age up and change clothes until they become elder. Just wondering. Thanks guys!

@ calisims- Oh, I didn't realize it was that much slower. Thanks for the heads up!

Redhead Creations
16th Jul 2011, 10:18 PM
Ooh, adventurer on GEN 1, that is a little tough. But I know that selling relics and treasure is actually quite lucrative, so you would be making back any money spent on the trip fairly quickly, I imagine.

If it were me, I wouldn't even buy a house, I would probably just buy a lot and use community lots to fulfill needs. That could play into the whole adventuring thing that your sim is essentially a backpacker. =)

calisims
16th Jul 2011, 10:25 PM
For adventurer, I would buy a cheap lot with just small hut for basic bathroom/kitchen items, and buy a sleeping bag. And go adventuring right away. You should be able to make enough loot even on your first trip to cover the expenses of getting there and still profit. You can sell anything and everything you find in a tomb, plus you get paid for taking adventures. Use the sleeping bag to stay in tombs overnight, it's cheaper than a tent, and you can use it anywhere. Tents are more finicky about being placed while in a tomb since LN.
When you earn some happiness points, you can get the Jetsetter reward to make travel cheaper, and Prepared Traveller to get longer trips. 'Attractive' will give your relationships a starting bonus, making the quests that require you to convince locals about whatever easier. Having at least one point in Charisma also helps with that.

As for born with it, I'd probably reroll that on gen 1.

ReyaD
16th Jul 2011, 10:36 PM
Also, the born with it... how does that work on a generation 1 roll? I mean, when you make them in Creat-A-Sim you get to choose their look, and they don't really age up and change clothes until they become elder. Just wondering. Thanks guys!

Well I got born with it as my first gen back in the Vasquez legacy. I just applied it to the first gen's kids. Thats why I didn't realize how pretty Emily was until after her YA birthday.

Buckley
16th Jul 2011, 10:38 PM
OMG Redhead, that is a brilliant idea! How about this for a plot line: A nomadic explorer, without roots or family ties, shows up in the small town of Riverblossom Hills, destined to make his (or her) name as an adventurer. Not wanting to be tied down, (s)he decides to live on the land, only planning to stay in Riverblossom a short time before moving on to his(her) next destination. That is, until (s)he gets the surprise of his(her) lifetime, and is forced to make a life altering decision...

Eek! I love it. I really hope you don't mind me stealing your backpacking traveler idea, because I am so super excited about my roll now!

Calisims, I think I will build a hut because, frankly, that is a fantastic idea, and fits in perfectly with the character I am formulating. And thanks for the tips! I haven't really done much adventuring before (at least I haven't recently) so I appreciate the ideas.

And I will reroll the born with it, if that's alright. I really want to make my nomadic, restless adventurer look the part. LOL

EDIT: So, just rerolled my miscellaneous fun, and I got the PERFECT roll... multi-cultural. It just fits so well. I can't wait to get my first chapter posted!

calisims
16th Jul 2011, 10:52 PM
That's sounds really great Buckley. And it's really awesome to see you so enthused about your first generation. I felt that way about gen 1 of my current legacy, that the rolls really fell into place perfectly. I'm looking forward to reading your blog when you get started.

laceyharkness
17th Jul 2011, 3:45 AM
I'm really looking forward to your blog too Buckley Sounds exciting!

Anyways, another update from lil ole me

Chapter the Thirteenth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-thirteen-good-kid-and-problem.html

Redhead Creations
17th Jul 2011, 4:09 AM
That's awesome Buckley, looks like you are set to take GEN 1 by storm!! I can't wait to read your story!!

BlindingEchoes
17th Jul 2011, 4:56 AM
Update from me, chapter 40 http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-forty-youre-broken-and.html
Bit of a warning, there's an extremely obvious implication of being roofied in this chapter, just a forewarning.

ReyaD
17th Jul 2011, 7:46 AM
I HAS AN UPDATE

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/ch-58-growing-vs-aging.html

And its not depressing. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLES. HINT HINT.

... Okay so maybe its a little bit of a downer. But its not so bad.

Anarathiel
17th Jul 2011, 2:19 PM
I too has an update! It's not as gloomy as the last one!

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-19-toddlers-love-and-reunition.html

severedsolo
17th Jul 2011, 7:00 PM
I have an update coming... probably lol. I have 144 screenshots to sort through.

Dawnmoon13
17th Jul 2011, 7:20 PM
Now that my game's working again, I'm thinking of giving this challenge a go... I rolled a pretty simple 1st generation so that's gonna be boring to get through... Also, if I'm meant to have only 1 child, but don't like how they look (at all, and I mean EA what the hell have you done to genetics o.0), can I have another one and kill/dispose of the 1st one? How do 2 redheads with green and blue eyes make a blonde with black eyes and a weird frown like thing....

severedsolo
17th Jul 2011, 7:30 PM
Hi Dawnmoon, welcome to the challenge. The genetic thing does make sense... in a weird sort of way. It's just a bit more mutation heavy than Real Life, but then maybe it makes sense to me because I've read how it works in the XML. It's actually dead easy to mod if you can XML mod. That's what Ive done.

On the "killing off" thing, I'm going to say no. However... it may be acceptable to CAS them, if you really cannot stand them.

CinderEmma
17th Jul 2011, 8:47 PM
I'll update sometime, right now I'm suffering from the beginning of what I suspect is a head cold. Looooovely.
Good updates everyone :) And Cece, I think the happiness fairy is going to wilt and die soon :P

ReyaD
17th Jul 2011, 8:50 PM
I sure feel like I'm going to die... the pain meds are making me dizzy (And I already suffer from a condition that makes me trip on air and fall flat on my face and the worst moments) so I'm trying to stay away from the pills for as long as I can. It huuuuurts but its not as bad as I thought it would be. My doctor thinks I'm insane. ^^

CinderEmma
17th Jul 2011, 8:54 PM
*hugs* Maybe the lessening pain means your getting better? Dizziness sucks, I have really low blood pressure so I understand that horrid sensation.

Also, I have a question. At one point in this legacy, I want to make either the heir or the partner into some cult leader and torture a few of my followers if I get an appropriate roll. Would you think that politics would work for this, or some other career? Evil doesn't quite fit, because it's a more charismatic evil then an evil villain evil. Ideas?

severedsolo
17th Jul 2011, 9:26 PM
How about business? evil CEO's are always fun. Or am I just being cynical? Mad scientist might work too, Hannibal Lecter and all that.

ReyaD
17th Jul 2011, 9:34 PM
Nah I'd say politics. Politics and evil go hand in hand in my mind. ^^

severedsolo
17th Jul 2011, 9:37 PM
Eh, I suppose. I was thinking of the wan... uh I mean bankers

calisims
17th Jul 2011, 9:38 PM
You could go with something unexpected, like Education.

severedsolo
17th Jul 2011, 9:39 PM
You could go with something unexpected, like Education.

That's a brilliant idea! Poisoning the minds of future generations. What's more evil than that?

ReyaD
17th Jul 2011, 9:40 PM
Or music! Controlling the minds of the youth through song. His/her music can be full of satanic messages! Like metallica!

(Don't kill me. I'm a fan, I swear).

calisims
17th Jul 2011, 9:47 PM
Metallica lost all their powers of darkness when they cut their hair.

CinderEmma
17th Jul 2011, 9:48 PM
I like the music and education idea, thanks guys :) Evil cult power will happen, probably in generation 4-5 depending on my roll :P

ReyaD
17th Jul 2011, 10:00 PM
Metallica lost all their powers of darkness when they cut their hair.

Thats why I haven't cut my hair since I was 12. ^^ Pure evil, baby.

EDIT: Also can somebody update? I'm bored and I wanna read something!

CyyKosis
17th Jul 2011, 10:35 PM
I'm working on mine :) Nothing else to do with these tornadoes passing through! I am going to be moving tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week so I'm hoping to get a few to autopost otherwise I'll never get this legacy going.

Micaela926
17th Jul 2011, 11:20 PM
Thats why I haven't cut my hair since I was 12. ^^ Pure evil, baby.

EDIT: Also can somebody update? I'm bored and I wanna read something!

Trying to update, should have one today if Sims will cooperate...big if!

CinderEmma
17th Jul 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm actually working on mine, it looks like it's going to be a long one :) The grammar could be slightly off though, because I just don't have the energy to edit what I'm writing much. My head feels all foggy, but it's either work on this or sleep, and I've already slept 10 hours last night.

And I could never auto post, I always do my posts and post it at the same time :P I just can't stand multi-day projects, because I get frustrated with all the little things and ultimately I'll kill time and possibility the overall result of the project because I'll be so mad and impatient. If that makes any sense XD

Buckley
17th Jul 2011, 11:52 PM
Ugh, I am having trouble playing in Riverblossom Hills. I absolutely LOVE the town, and I am going to be so upset if I can't play my legacy in it. Also, I am kind of worried about traveling (I rolled adventurer) because, if I recall correctly, people here have found that traveling causes even more glitchiness.

My real problem is lag, which I just don't understand! My computer is new and shiny and should be able to handle this game, it just doesn't seem to like the sims!! Lol... sorry for being such a crank. I am just worrried about starting the legacy in Riverblossom, and then a few generations down the line the lag gets even worse...

For people who are playing their legacies in Riverblossom Hills, I have a question: Do you all have issues with school, as their is only one? I always seem to get a traffic jam at the door, especially in larger towns. Usually I put in an extra school somewhere, but I haven't figured out the best place to add one yet. If y'all have the same issue, how have you managed to work around it?

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 12:13 AM
http://marlinlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-twenty-two-supernaturally-bad.html

Despite the gloomy title, I think the happiness fairy might live to see another day ;)

I get lags from Riverblossom Hills too, so I would never do my legacy there for more then a generation. My computer is only 6 months old (abet my mom picked it out, not me or even my computer literate sister), it makes me wonder how one gets a good computer.

Dawnmoon13
18th Jul 2011, 12:21 AM
My game decided to wipe out. Again. Although I'm pretty sure I found the problem this time so shouldn't happen again. Anyways, you will find that I am a massive rule breaker, and will be breaking the rules starting generation 1. Actually... I don't know if I am. I have found no mention as to whether we can turn sims into vampires or not (Is there a goal for that... come to think of it i didn't check). Cause I want to turn my first gen simette into a long living "watching over the future generations" kind of vamp. So the current generation (future gens technically) would have to live with her or near her or something...

ALSO what happens if you have a vampire child? can you still make them the heir? oh, oh, and (warning: more questions) if you roll for single parent with one child, can you adopt a child or does it have to be your biological child?

So. Many. Questions. (I'm sorry, I'm really sorry). Oh and one more point, if I can turn my first sim into a vamp, I'll still be fulfilling the rest of the generation goals/requirements. And I don't particularly want a vampire child/vampire 2nd gen... that'd be a pain, so I'd turn her after having a child. Ok I'll stop now and figure out the rest myself kay? Oh and I do apologize if all the answers to my questions were actually written in the challenge rules or something, I tend to miss a LOT of stuff... so yeah... sorry. *leaves before she can dig the hole any deeper*

BlindingEchoes
18th Jul 2011, 12:22 AM
I'd0 attempt0 to0 update0 but0 as0 you0 can0 plainly0 see0 there0 is0 something0 wrong0 with0 my0 laptop's0 keyboard0 that0 inserts0 numbers0 after0 certain0 letters0,0 most0 i0 can0 work0 around0 but0 the0 zero0 after0 every0 click0 of0 the0 spacebar0 makes0 it0 hard0 to0 follow0 what0 i'm0 saying.0 Grrrr!!!!

Buckley
18th Jul 2011, 12:31 AM
That sucks about your game, dawnmoon. I am not an expert or anything, so you should definitely wait for someone who knows more than me to chime in, but it doesn't sound like you'd be breaking any rules.

I know you can make a vampire child your heir, at least I'm pretty sure that is fine. I have no idea about the biological vs. adopted thing though. It used to be written out that certain rolls were biological and certain were adoptive and others were mixed, but then they changed it so there are no adopted parent only rolls. I'm guessing that you can adopt the child, but check with the other players first. I definitely know you can turn a vampire child back to human... I read about that in someone's legacy.

Don't worry about all the questions! I am new to the forum to, and I have been pummeling everyone with all my issues. LOL. Everyone here is very nice and more than happy to help!

@BlindingEchoes- That is horrible! I hope you can get it fixed soon! *giggles* It does looks kind of funny though...

EDIT: Ebec17, what town are you playing your legacy in?

severedsolo
18th Jul 2011, 12:31 AM
Actually... I don't know if I am. I have found no mention as to whether we can turn sims into vampires or not (Is there a goal for that... come to think of it i didn't check).

Yes you can have vampires, Multi Cultural sort of makes provisions for that, but it's optional. We had a discussion and decided not to force monsters down anyone's throat, so you have a few options.

ALSO what happens if you have a vampire child? can you still make them the heir? oh, oh, and (warning: more questions) if you roll for single parent with one child, can you adopt a child or does it have to be your biological child?

Again, Multi Cultural, yes the vamp can be your heir. Also, biological/adopted doesn't matter, although you may want to CAS adopted children, to offset the pudding.

calisims
18th Jul 2011, 12:32 AM
Buckley, I use a better routing mod, I think it's by twoftmama, that helps with school door crowding issue.

Dawnmoon, you are allowed to turn your Sims into vampires. You can have vampire heirs. You are allowed to turn vampire children into humans, too. You are allowed to adopt or have biological children for any roll. (only the 'mixed couple' or 'mixed single parent' requires you to have both biological and adopted children)

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 12:38 AM
Plain ol' Riverview, not really modified either except a few CC houses. I plan on moving them to Brooklyn Heights next generation (since I'm far ahead in my game compared to my story, I mean that it's generation 3), or if the glitches and lag I'm experiencing continue, possibly mid-gen 2. I'm just kind of sad about it because I've connected with quite a few townies, even the ugly ones XD

My experiences with Riverblossom Hills are from another legacy, involving some sims I actually added to this legacy as some variety in genetics if I managed to stay in this town for a while :)

And I'm sorry about the keyboard issues BE, but the zeros are making me laugh so hard XD

laceyharkness
18th Jul 2011, 12:40 AM
Well, I got a couple of chapters for people to read to ease the boredom lol

chapter the fourteenth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-fourteen-private-wedding.html

Chapter the Fifteenth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-fifteen-party-hell-never-forget.html

BlindingEchoes
18th Jul 2011, 1:23 AM
On screen keyboards SUCK! It looks like i'll be taking my laptop into the geeksquad, sigh, if i end up losing my legacy because of this i'll be pissed. Rawr :(

ChloroformDreams
18th Jul 2011, 2:29 AM
@Buckley: Sorry to hear your experiencing lag with RH. Like I said before, I haven't experienced lag from that neighborhood. (Actually I am experiencing lag, but it's due to Awesomemod and Tawllan's SP not getting along, not because of the neighborhood). I have noticed that there's a bit of lag when school let's out, in that my kids don't get out right away. Hopefully someone can provide you with some suggestions to fix it.

@BE: I feel your pain; I was having spacebar issues a couple days ago although the problem seems to have fixed itself. And if you're worried they're going to reformat your computer, make sure you back up the appropriate folders in the TS3 My Documents directory so as not to lose anything.

On another note, I know lots of people here use Twallan's SP. Do any of you also use Awesomemod? I ask because, as I mentioned, I've been experiencing lag when playing with both mods. When I remove one or the other, it goes away. I've made sure AM's story progression is disabled so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

NutsAndDolts
18th Jul 2011, 2:52 AM
Awesome is cool but adds way too much complicated stuff I don't need. And Thor help you if you ask questions about it and don't speak programmer.

Uh... in short I don't use it, in spite of its incontestable awesomeness. ^.^'

severedsolo
18th Jul 2011, 3:10 AM
It's probably you're pushing your computer to it's limits. Both Awesome, and SP use lots of processor cycles on top of what the game is already using, it's possible that your processor is just screaming. I have the same, I can only have so many script type mods before my PC screams.

ChloroformDreams
18th Jul 2011, 3:42 AM
Darn, that means I have to choose then. >_< Just out of curiosity, I have an i5-520M (2.4GHz); how much of a faster processor would be required to use both?

CyyKosis
18th Jul 2011, 4:58 AM
@ebec ~ Brooklyn Heights is lovely. I really liked the town, it's set up a lot better than Bridgeport ever was, that's for sure.
@BE ~ That keyboard issue is too funny but I'm sure for you it's annoying as heck xD I hope geeksquad can fix it without destroying your legacy!

Update! Chapter 2 (http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-2-friends-in-all-right-places.html)

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 5:10 AM
The ONLY thing I really want from Awesomemod is the hidden Stupid trait. I want stupid sims (I like having imperfect sims, especially spares)...but not enough to download an entire cord mod for it.

Buckley
18th Jul 2011, 5:17 AM
So, question: Am I allowed to reroll generation 1 and start over? I have been playing off and on all day, getting really into it. But being the lazy, stupid person that I am, I did not save (let me repeat that: lazy and stupid... LOL) and of course my computer crashed. I am sort of dreading going back through and redoing the last 3 hours (not sim time...) so I was wondering if I could just reroll and start a fresh game? If that is totally against the rules I will just suck it up and do it, but I REALLY don't want to.... LOL

Note to self: ALWAYS SAVE! Haha.

EDIT: Just read your update maddiekosis- I think it is adorable that Timothy runs a daycare! LOL. By the way, why do you hate it? I've never tried that profession before so I'm just curious.

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 5:36 AM
You should download Twallan's mod The Saver, I have a horrible time remembering to save, so this will help in the future :) Plus it reminds me that a half an hour of "real time" has passed, which is always good :)

Edit: I've restarted before when it's in the real "beginning" stages of a generation, before, but I think it really depends on whether you want to start over. Are you connected to your legacy now? Because you'll play much more then 3 hours worth in the long run ;)

Buckley
18th Jul 2011, 5:38 AM
LOL, thanks. I will definitely look into that mod for sure.

EDIT: That is an excellent point. I think I will stick it out with my original role... although I am going to play it a little differently this time through. ;)

CyyKosis
18th Jul 2011, 5:44 AM
@Buckley ~ There's 5 levels to the career and each one gives you more and more kids to look after... I hate having to take care of more than 2 toddlers to begin with so now I may have to have up to 5 or 6 at level 5 (hoping I will have more children than toddlers though). It's just a nuscience. I have no time to do anything cause both sims have jobs where I have to control them which is obnoxious. To me at least xD it ends up being more of a job than fun.

laceyharkness
18th Jul 2011, 5:44 AM
So, question: Am I allowed to reroll generation 1 and start over? I have been playing off and on all day, getting really into it. But being the lazy, stupid person that I am, I did not save (let me repeat that: lazy and stupid... LOL) and of course my computer crashed. I am sort of dreading going back through and redoing the last 3 hours (not sim time...) so I was wondering if I could just reroll and start a fresh game? If that is totally against the rules I will just suck it up and do it, but I REALLY don't want to.... LOL

Note to self: ALWAYS SAVE! Haha.

EDIT: Just read your update maddiekosis- I think it is adorable that Timothy runs a daycare! LOL. By the way, why do you hate it? I've never tried that profession before so I'm just curious.

i've done the daycare once before, even got all the way to level five...It's a pain because you're watching anywhere from two to four toddlers depending on your level, and once you're high enough, you also have to watch after school kids and get them to do their homework. The cutest thing they get is tell tale which is kinda like ghost story only with princesses and princes instead of ghosts.

BlindingEchoes
18th Jul 2011, 9:12 AM
i've done the daycare once before, even got all the way to level five...It's a pain because you're watching anywhere from two to four toddlers depending on your level, and once you're high enough, you also have to watch after school kids and get them to do their homework. The cutest thing they get is tell tale which is kinda like ghost story only with princesses and princes instead of ghosts.

There's also problem children that you will have to look after that the daycare provider has to sit down and 'talk about issues' with. If the problem child is left to it's own devices it will go around your house and break things, i had one when i was at level 5 in the day care profession that would break the sinks and showers constantly. You can actually watch the little jerk stand there and beat on stuff with it's fists until it breaks. Problem child my arse, my sim wanted to break his neck lol.

Also, whee! My keyboard is working again :rofl:

EDIT: Because my keyboard is working again, also because it's currently five in the morning and i cannot sleep, i bring with me a (short) chapter http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-forty-one-lifes-going-to-kick.html

One more! http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-forty-two-so-this-is-where-i-am.html

Micaela926
18th Jul 2011, 11:50 AM
Finally able to put up the next chapter to my Legacy story Chapter 23 (http://thesims3legacychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-23.html)

severedsolo
18th Jul 2011, 1:50 PM
Darn, that means I have to choose then. >_< Just out of curiosity, I have an i5-520M (2.4GHz); how much of a faster processor would be required to use both?

heh, unfortunately for you, you're in the same boat as me. Your processor is quad, but the game can only use 2 cores. 2.4 is really what I consider to be the "minimum" to run it decently, with a half decent GPU. It depends on your graphics card really.

edit: Just reread that... M means laptop, so integrated graphics. That's your problem. Your CPU is also your graphics chip. Don't know whether your laptop can take a graphics card, but that would probably solve the issue.

AJH
18th Jul 2011, 2:01 PM
Ugh, I am having trouble playing in Riverblossom Hills. I absolutely LOVE the town, and I am going to be so upset if I can't play my legacy in it. Also, I am kind of worried about traveling (I rolled adventurer) because, if I recall correctly, people here have found that traveling causes even more glitchiness.

My real problem is lag, which I just don't understand! My computer is new and shiny and should be able to handle this game, it just doesn't seem to like the sims!! Lol... sorry for being such a crank. I am just worrried about starting the legacy in Riverblossom, and then a few generations down the line the lag gets even worse...

For people who are playing their legacies in Riverblossom Hills, I have a question: Do you all have issues with school, as their is only one? I always seem to get a traffic jam at the door, especially in larger towns. Usually I put in an extra school somewhere, but I haven't figured out the best place to add one yet. If y'all have the same issue, how have you managed to work around it?
Oddly I've yet to notice any lag in Riverblossom Hills, despite playing with a laptop that barely meets the minimum requirements for Sims 3 (at some point I plan on having a go at building my own PC but I take some long train journeys at the moments and the only thing I can do to relieve the boredom without getting travel sick is play Sims!)

ChloroformDreams
18th Jul 2011, 2:02 PM
I have switchable graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5650/Intel HD Graphics. The 5650 is mid-level-ish for a laptop video card. Although the laptop's a year old, so I'm not sure how it ranks right now. I run TS3 with the settings maxed and haven't experienced any lag before using both those mods. And the processor's a dual-core, but as you said that doesn't really matter. Would have liked to have gotten a better one, but unfortunately this was the best I could do at the time without switching to the i7 which would have rendered the battery life non-existent.

severedsolo
18th Jul 2011, 3:25 PM
Odd... I thought the i-5 was quad, my mistake. Have you tried lowering your resolution a little? that may help, if you aren't willing to sacrifice graphics.

AS it's a laptop, make sure it has adequate ventilation as well. Overheating is a bitch on laptops

Redhead Creations
18th Jul 2011, 6:45 PM
Yay for being back at work with proper internet access! Means I can post an update: =)
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-1-part-13.html

Now, time to get caught up on the rest of the stories!!

[EDIT] Buckley, sorry to hear about your issues! The Saver mod from NRAAS is indeed a lifesaver. I have it set to save my game at 5am every sim-day. That way if I have a crash or whatnot, I have only lost at the most, one day.

laceyharkness
18th Jul 2011, 7:01 PM
Just a quickie update from me

Chapter the Sixteenth: http://fergusonstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-sixteen-prom-kings-babies-and.html

I could probably get another chapter or two and have another update later.

Buckley
18th Jul 2011, 7:09 PM
I know about overheating all too well. My 6-month old MacBook used to take such a beating playing sims. Some of those boards with the built in fans help with the problem, but just be careful ChloroformDreams. My laptop was at the shop for a while because I wasn't careful enough about keeping it cool.

I don't really know if this is the right place to ask this question (if it's not just say so) but I'm wondering if my lag in Riverblossom is because I have my graphics settings turned too high for my computer. Maybe you can tell me severedsolo? I have an i-5 2500 3.3 gHz with a nVidia GeForce GTX 570... I think. LOL I am clueless about computers. Should I move my settings down from high? Perhaps that will help...

Edit: Thanks red! I definitely am going to get that mod.

severedsolo
18th Jul 2011, 7:29 PM
I don't really know if this is the right place to ask this question (if it's not just say so) but I'm wondering if my lag in Riverblossom is because I have my graphics settings turned too high for my computer. Maybe you can tell me severedsolo? I have an i-5 2500 3.3 gHz with a nVidia GeForce GTX 570... I think. LOL I am clueless about computers. Should I move my settings down from high? Perhaps that will help...

Depends really. Your processor is fine, 3.3 should cream the game, at however many cores. I personally have the 520, and it plays fine on 1024*968 with medium/low settings. Might be worth just dropping a couple of things. TS3 always sets the graphic settings a little too high anyway. Best thing to do, is just fiddle with the options with the "fps on" cheat enabled. That way you can see what's effecting framerates the most. You should be shooting for 20-30 fps. Anything beyond is just a waste and will fry your graphics card.

AJH
18th Jul 2011, 7:33 PM
AS it's a laptop, make sure it has adequate ventilation as well. Overheating is a bitch on laptops
Would you have any recommendations on preventing laptops overheating? Don't think I've had problems with that yet, but prevention is always better than cure

Redhead Creations
18th Jul 2011, 7:39 PM
My laptop gets incredibly hot. Sometimes, if I'm not careful, I'll even notice the touchpad is too hot to even touch.

I usually play the game with my laptop propped up off the desk on a couple decks of playing cards and set directly in front of a fan (or air conditioner depending on how warm the room is). It isn't a pretty setup, but it works! Haha

severedsolo
18th Jul 2011, 7:40 PM
Would you have any recommendations on preventing laptops overheating? Don't think I've had problems with that yet, but prevention is always better than cure

Dinner trays work well, like for putting on your lap when you're eating on the sofa. Or, just an ashtray underneath it, to make sure the vents are clear. You can get proper cooling pads, but IMO not worth it. Just keep the laptop elevated. Ie, not in your lap. That's actually terrible for them, despite the name

Buckley
18th Jul 2011, 8:28 PM
Thanks severed! So, I tried that cheat and I got a number in the top left corner, but it was a lot higher than 20 and it kept bouncing around. Is that the fps number? (Yes I know it this is a stupid question) Do I want a higher number or lower number? I am kind of worried that my number is too high... I don't want to fry my graphics card! Thanks again for all your help/tips/advice!

ChloroformDreams
18th Jul 2011, 8:35 PM
I believe i5 processors other than the Arrandale ones can be quad- or dual-core. And I forgot that I do have my resolution lower than the native 1600x900. It's at 1280x768 because I recently discovered how much I like playing in windowed mode. Not sure if I could play it any smaller than that though, but I'll give it a go to see if it solves the problem.

And I didn't even think about overheating being an issue. I use a laptop fan and the only place the aluminum chassis gets hot is above the right vent, so I have to remember to check to see if it's hot. I guess I should probably check the internal temps when i get a minute. Thanks for the suggestions.

@Buckley: Yes, the FPS is frames per second so the number fluctuates rapidly. And higher is better; more frames means less stutter or lag.

ReyaD
18th Jul 2011, 8:44 PM
So after reading the latest updates I have concluded that we all need to go to some serious group therapy. My wings are already losing their colour! D :

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 9:26 PM
But mine wasn't that gloomy Cece XD
I decided to delete Riverblossom Hills from my game, mainly because I don't plan on using in it the near future, and I've been leaning towards smaller worlds lately. The only larger CC one I'm still fond of is Brooklyn Heights, mainly because there's no noticeable lag there XD

(Totally random rant, sorry it's so off-topic :P)
It's so weird to realize I didn't know how uber sims are on the PC versus the console. I am a video game fanatic, so I usually believe that console games are better then PC. Not so much with the Sims XD I played sims 2 for the PS2, and compare it with even base sims 2 and it's rather pathetic. It did help me understand all the wants and fears stuff when I started playing sims 2 on the PC, and I do like that it's multiplayer, so my sister can play with me. I still love Sims Bustin' Out despite it's rather linear game-play and cruddy graphics because it was the one to renew my love of sims after trying out sims 1 as a rather young child. I was younger at the time as well, so the game's simplistic goals were really helpful in figuring out what to do. Plus I found Malcolm Landgraab (sp?) hilarious in that game, he would come into your lot every time and steal objects with a object similar to the banshee banisher XD

Edit: I know there was some reason I was talking about all this old sim stuff and console stuff...it had to do with my old laptop, but I can't quite connect the dots here. :faceslap:

BlindingEchoes
18th Jul 2011, 9:39 PM
So after reading the latest updates I have concluded that we all need to go to some serious group therapy. My wings are already losing their colour! D :

Whee! Group sessions, i'll start: Hi, my name is Stacey and i'm an alcoholic :Pint: .... what, wrong kind of therapy? Damn! :lol:

laceyharkness
18th Jul 2011, 9:43 PM
Whee! Group sessions, i'll start: Hi, my name is Stacey and i'm an alcoholic :Pint: .... what, wrong kind of therapy? Damn! :lol:

And this is why you're my best friend, lol. :giggler:

I'd say, bring on the Drama! :beer:

BlindingEchoes
18th Jul 2011, 9:48 PM
@Lacey Because i'm an alcoholic or a dramaholic? Either way, pass the booze! :beer: And bunnies :bunny: I dunno why, just cause they're cute and fluffy, like me :king:

laceyharkness
18th Jul 2011, 9:49 PM
@Lacey Because i'm an alcoholic or a dramaholic? Either way, pass the booze! :beer: And bunnies :bunny: I dunno why, just cause they're cute and fluffy, like me :king:

Both. I guess, either way! :bunny: :bunny: It must be :bunny: !!! No I wasn't having an Anya moment at all, I don't know what you're talking about.

ChloroformDreams
18th Jul 2011, 9:59 PM
Chapter 6 Update: http://dawsondiarieslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-6-devon.html

Be warned, it's fairly long because otherwise I would have had to split it into two consecutive chapters from the same POV which I didn't want to do.

Redhead Creations
18th Jul 2011, 10:28 PM
I love long! Great stuff, CDreams! =)

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 10:39 PM
Quick question, does anybody know of any good CC baby bassinets? I would really like one, but I only remember seeing one in somebody's legacy and I'm not sure which one XD

And yes CD, long is good :)

Micaela926
18th Jul 2011, 10:46 PM

LOL Reya, we could always spray paint your wings, then you won't notice their loss of colour!

Micaela926
18th Jul 2011, 11:04 PM
Quick question, does anybody know of any good CC baby bassinets? I would really like one, but I only remember seeing one in somebody's legacy and I'm not sure which one XD

And yes CD, long is good :)

I have a couple of baby bassinets, two of them I found over on TSR site, they are both pretty cute when recolored.

Photo of one bassinet, hopefully it works (https://picasaweb.google.com/115324819765343552665/TheSims3LegacyStory?authkey=Gv1sRgCMr9x9TMkMSw4AE#5625406427972357586)

Same bassinet just recolored, if no one has noticed this bassinet has been passed down through all five generation.. just redone :)

Bassinet one, photos two (https://picasaweb.google.com/115324819765343552665/TheSims3LegacyStory?authkey=Gv1sRgCMr9x9TMkMSw4AE#5601906240336253746)

Bassinet two, wooden type with attached rocking chair (https://picasaweb.google.com/115324819765343552665/TheSims3Moldaria?authkey=Gv1sRgCIas18DU4Oib-wE#5617277653067433970)

This is actually two bassinets, and their placement together is not possible for actual use, but cute for photos, individually they face two different ways (obviously) and have a chair that is completely usable on the end...

CinderEmma
18th Jul 2011, 11:44 PM
That's the one I'm looking for, so it's on TSR? Ugh, I hate that site, it's given me such cruddy CC sometimes. But I did get my toddler crocs there, so I shall live XD

ChloroformDreams
18th Jul 2011, 11:46 PM
Glad, you guys don't mind long. :)

@ebec: There's some nice wooden one's at MATY (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,20137.0.html) converted from TSM (pics here (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/screenshot53x.jpg/)).

laceyharkness
19th Jul 2011, 12:03 AM
That's the one I'm looking for, so it's on TSR? Ugh, I hate that site, it's given me such cruddy CC sometimes. But I did get my toddler crocs there, so I shall live XD

I find myself there sifting through the free stuff and I've found some good things there. The top I had Michelle in came from there, as well as some of the make up and accessories. You just have to really really weed.

Micaela926
19th Jul 2011, 12:04 AM
Here's the link for the wooden cradle/rocking chair wooden cradel and rocking chair (http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-nursery/title/mothers-day-rocking-chair-%2B-cradle/id/1070906/)

and the other bassinet is part of a set called Twygo here is the link for the set
Twygo Nursery (http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-objects-nursery/title/twygo-nursery/id/967390/)

Micaela926
19th Jul 2011, 12:06 AM
You do have to be really really choosy when you go there, there is some really cruddy stuff, I have my favorite designers now so I mostly just stick with names I know!

CinderEmma
19th Jul 2011, 12:11 AM
I like the TSM one, but I want the other one as well. Gah, I'm tired of searching through TSR already XD

NutsAndDolts
19th Jul 2011, 12:14 AM
The long overdue seventh chapter.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-7-among-those-dusty-halls.html

CinderEmma
19th Jul 2011, 12:31 AM
Ironically I found it right before you gave the link, but thank you very much :)
Love your chapter NutsAndDolts :D

BlindingEchoes
19th Jul 2011, 12:49 AM
@ebec: One of my favorite ones is from Around the Sims 3 (http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/function_kids_furniture_01.shtml) and is free, which is nice. Pic of it in use can be seen here (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kWW_cIgMFps/TgB7lSBdoCI/AAAAAAAAALY/Vr9IvclhnPs/s1600/Screenshot-917.jpg)

CinderEmma
19th Jul 2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks BE, but I was looking more for a baby bassinet, like round and just for babies. I have a toddler bed I want to use, and now I have the bassinet for the baby :P

I think I have that bed too, lol XD

BlindingEchoes
19th Jul 2011, 1:05 AM
@Ebec: Ah, see, i'm lazy and pick one bed and force the damn kid to stay in it until it cannot fit in it anymore lol. I have an issue with change, it's well documented fact.

KaiRuh
19th Jul 2011, 1:07 AM
If you get day care when you roll for job hopper, should you play to level 5 of that career? It takes a lot longer to get to level 5 in it than the other professions. My Sim has already spent a week and a half on it and is still in level 2.

laceyharkness
19th Jul 2011, 1:19 AM
Seriously, BE's issues with change are VERY well documented. Although the results can often lead to hilarity.

NutsAndDolts
19th Jul 2011, 1:28 AM
I'd say to spend a sim week on day care. I did that for gardener, because skill careers are more difficult than traditional ones to risk through the ranks.

CinderEmma
19th Jul 2011, 1:29 AM
KaiRuh, just checked the Random Legacy rules for ya :)
"playing each career until you reach level 5(careers or professions), or for a week in sim-time (part time and non-standard careers)"
So if you haven't reached level 5 in a sim week, then you can move on :) I know it's a profession, but since it's not really a standard career in that level 5 is the maximum, I would say that a week is fine.

BlindingEchoes
19th Jul 2011, 3:07 AM
Another chapter from me, yay! Or boo, ya know, whatever :) http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-forty-three-wed-never-know.html

EDIT: One more chapter before i die pass out, enjoy :) http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-forty-four-were-only-taking.html

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 3:18 AM
If you get day care when you roll for job hopper, should you play to level 5 of that career? It takes a lot longer to get to level 5 in it than the other professions. My Sim has already spent a week and a half on it and is still in level 2.

The rule is Level 5, or one week, whichever comes first.

KaiRuh
19th Jul 2011, 3:29 AM
Really? I thought it was type-specific, and meant that you stay in a career/profession until level five and non-standards for just a week. Alright then.

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 4:32 AM
I have an update, Chapter 43:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-43-violently-happy.html

Tamlyn
19th Jul 2011, 1:28 PM
Hello all,

I posted a while back with a bunch of questions. I did start but I didn't get far because of glitches. I still haven't restarted but I do plan to. I just don't have much Sim playing time, and I'm currently doing the zombie challenge further down this forum. Once I finish that I'll start my roll over (since I don't have so many crazy bugs happening anymore).

I just wanted to say I'm enjoying reading everyone's legacies very much and they are keeping my own interest in eventually playing the challenge alive and kicking.

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 2:23 PM
Really? I thought it was type-specific, and meant that you stay in a career/profession until level five and non-standards for just a week. Alright then.

I thought so to. Because that would be the only way to get the Jack of All Trades LTW. Assuming you rolled only standard careers in that roll, which I guess is unlikely.

@Tamlyn, Hi again, and thanks!

Buckley
19th Jul 2011, 5:36 PM
So, I officially gave up on my last roll. The adventuring thing was driving me nuts, and my game absolutely hated China. I have no idea why, but it kept crashing when I would go there. I don't like to save when on vacation because I'm paranoid that it will screw up my game, so I had to keep starting over. LOL, Oh well!

I got my new generation 1 roll, but I am slightly confused. I rolled single parent with help, and my generation goal is "Hobby, or Obsession?". In the rules, it states that you have to roll separately for the heir and spouse. I'm assuming the spouse in a single parent with help roll is the "help"? Also, the rules state that your traits need to support the hobby. Does that apply to both the heir and the spouse? The reason I ask is that I am creating my founder in CAS (of course... lol), but I was going to use a town resident as the help. Since the secondary income is farmer, I was thinking that perhaps I would make the help's hobby fishing. But, is that allowed if he doesn't have the angler trait? I am not 100% sold on fishing, I just want clarification about the rule.

On a completely separate note, I was wondering what the difference between generation goal and miscellaneous fun is? I mean, how do you choose which rule goes into which category? They seem to overlap somewhat, but I could be wrong. Just curious! =D

ReyaD
19th Jul 2011, 5:55 PM
The way I see it:
Generation Goal: Something your heir/family MUST achieve in order to "win" the generation or game.
Misc. fun: Just a lil' somin extra for fun. Usually something small that needs to be done weekly (tattoo addict) or often (hobby/obsession) and not a large thing that may need a long time to work up to.

I pitched the hobby/obsession roll but it has been changed around a bit since then. The way I PERSONALLY (perhaps not offical rules) interpret it is that the traits thing is just to help you decide on a hobby. I think fishing is a perfectly suitable hobby for your farmer since it would help with fertilizing and fertilizing helps with a better garden!

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 6:01 PM
As Reya said, Generation Goals are more things to be worked at, to be achieved. Misc Fun is more day to day / week to week. There probably is some overlap, but that's deliberate, to avoid conflicts.

On Hobby/Obsession, if you can make it work with the traits you have then go for it. It is deliberately vague, so you have freedom. The traits should "make sense" not necessarily "you can't fish unless you have angler". Also yes, the "help" is the spouse where referred to like that in the rules. It's a throwback to the old days, before we had that rule, it's just easier than "heir/spouse/help" and saves me having to go through and change everything.

KaiRuh
19th Jul 2011, 6:02 PM
Yeah, generation goals are bit more challenging goals to complete, and the misc. fun stuff is just little things to add a bit of interest. Though the Hobby/Obsession and Social Bunny rolls were both added to the generation goals list, and that seems a little odd, especially for Social Bunny since all of the other "do ___ once every Sim week" rolls are under misc. fun. So yeah, they do seem to overlap a little there.

Anything that refers to "spouse" refers to your help regarding the single parent with help roll. And if the traits just don't match up at all on fishing, you could always use some lifetime happiness to change one to angler (or loves the outdoors or whatever else might work with fishing).

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 6:05 PM
Hi, Buckley, for single with help, the 'help' takes the place of the spouse in anything you roll that requires the spouse to fulfill it.
Fishing would be a fine hobby for the help in the farming career, even without the angler trait.

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 6:08 PM
Yeah, generation goals are bit more challenging goals to complete, and the misc. fun stuff is just little things to add a bit of interest. Though the Hobby/Obsession and Social Bunny rolls were both added to the generation goals list, and that seems a little odd, especially for Social Bunny since all of the other "do ___ once every Sim week" rolls are under misc. fun. So yeah, they do seem to overlap a little there.

That was sort of deliberate, call me selfish lol, but there are some Gen Goals that I really hate, so I was trying to "dilute the pool" a little if you will.

Buckley
19th Jul 2011, 7:07 PM

Yeah, that is why I asked the question. Those two rolls seem a little bit more like miscellaneous fun to me.

That was sort of deliberate, call me selfish lol, but there are some Gen Goals that I really hate, so I was trying to "dilute the pool" a little if you will.

LOL! Ok, then. Selfish... :D

Actually diluting the harder goals makes sense... Besides, I like selfish people. :)

Redhead Creations
19th Jul 2011, 7:08 PM
So Cali's current generation is basically living on whatever wishes/wants the sims roll is what she does with them. Does anyone think that something like that would make a good Gen Goal or Misc Fun? Only fulfilling wishes? I realize that it might conflict with other goals, but it would certainly make things a challenge and would require some strategic planning in choosing traits as they're growing up. You wouldn't have to start playing them that way until they reached YA, as per all the other rules. Could be called "Your Wish is My Command". heh

Just a thought! =)

Buckley
19th Jul 2011, 7:36 PM
Could be called "Your Wish is My Command". heh

Just a thought! =)

That would be a cute title! :)

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 7:42 PM
Fufilled sorta already has that covered. Although it's not all about wishes, and if fact you can ignore them if you want, any wishes that are pinned must be fufilled. I kind of like that system.

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 7:44 PM
So Cali's current generation is basically living on whatever wishes/wants the sims roll is what she does with them. Does anyone think that something like that would make a good Gen Goal or Misc Fun? Only fulfilling wishes? I realize that it might conflict with other goals, but it would certainly make things a challenge and would require some strategic planning in choosing traits as they're growing up. You wouldn't have to start playing them that way until they reached YA, as per all the other rules. Could be called "Your Wish is My Command". heh

Just a thought! =)

'Fulfilled' has a rule that you must satisfy every wish you lock in (but not every wish you roll, just those you choose to lock in).
The way I'm I'm playing now, I'm not restricting my Sims to only what they wish to do, but only having them work on writing/painting/sculpting/instruments when they roll wishes to do that (or when they do it autonomously).
I did something like that in Sims 2 Uni, with a Pleasure Sim, I didn't allow him to go to class, write term papers or do homework, or to work on skills that weren't 'fun'. He was an art major and made it to senior year on Dean's list, but he he had to drop out in senior year because he needed a point in mechanical, and there was no fun way to earn it.
So, restricting Sims from skilling unless they roll a wish for it might be interesting, as long as you haven't rolled Perfect Careers, lol.

KaiRuh
19th Jul 2011, 7:44 PM
While we're talking about rolls.. how's Perfectionist coming along? :p

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 7:48 PM
While we're talking about rolls.. how's Perfectionist coming along? :p

:rofl: I may have forgotten. Tomorrow I promise :p Unless somebody feels like being REALLY nice and doing it for me. *hint hint* I'm a bit busy tonight, posting from my phone right now, which doesn't like blogger very much.

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 7:56 PM
I can post it to the blog, Martin. But I've forgotten what Perfectionist is, lol. If someone has the rule written out, I can go add it to the blog.

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 8:00 PM
Just PM'ed you a rough outline, feel free to tweak :)

KaiRuh
19th Jul 2011, 8:04 PM
The Perfectionist - Max and complete the associated challenges for at least one (or more?) skill.
^ That's what I suggested initially.

The only skill that really has to be restricted to a Sim who has rolled a related career is the writing skill because all of its challenges are related to writing novels. There's one in the mixology skill too where you have to serve some number of Sims, but those tips are somewhat negligible, so I dunno if that needs to be restricted.

ChloroformDreams
19th Jul 2011, 8:25 PM
Sounds interesting, as I don't usually pay much attention to challenges. Is it a generation goal?

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 8:27 PM
It's a generation goal. I just added it to the official rules.

ETA: I added an exception for a Mixology skill challenge that would require every type of bar to be placed in the neighborhood. Not every neighborhood has every bar or the room to add them all.

severedsolo
19th Jul 2011, 8:36 PM
Perfect Melissa :) Put it much better than I could. I'll do an app update in the morning, working on fixing the "famous heir" problem tonight.

Redhead Creations
19th Jul 2011, 9:13 PM
So, restricting Sims from skilling unless they roll a wish for it might be interesting, as long as you haven't rolled Perfect Careers, lol.

Hmm, that is interesting, too. I thought there might be something interesting in there regarding wishes/wants, but I guess Fulfilled might take care of that. That's another wasted roll for me, because I generally don't ever promise a wish unless I plan on fulfilling it. =) But rolling a rule that forces me to fulfill certain wishes would be a challenge.

I suppose you wouldn't be able to create a rule that you have to fulfill all wishes, as Family Oriented sims seem to roll the wish to have a baby every other day (which would exceed the number of children) or to get married (which would break the single parent rule). So, there would be too many 'outliers' to make the rule any good.

Aw, well. Just trying to spice things up! haha

AJH
19th Jul 2011, 9:16 PM
Got my fourth chapter up:- http://faenalarandom.blogspot.com/2011/07/chapter-four-childhood-explorations.html

No great dramas, just some exploration & fun :)

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 9:45 PM
Hmm, that is interesting, too. I thought there might be something interesting in there regarding wishes/wants, but I guess Fulfilled might take care of that. That's another wasted roll for me, because I generally don't ever promise a wish unless I plan on fulfilling it. =) But rolling a rule that forces me to fulfill certain wishes would be a challenge.

I suppose you wouldn't be able to create a rule that you have to fulfill all wishes, as Family Oriented sims seem to roll the wish to have a baby every other day (which would exceed the number of children) or to get married (which would break the single parent rule). So, there would be too many 'outliers' to make the rule any good.

Aw, well. Just trying to spice things up! haha

I sometimes promise wishes that I intend to fulfill, but don't get around to before a wish I like even better comes up, and I get rid of the unfullfilled one to lock in the better wish. So, getting the Fulfilled roll does change that behavior.
I think Sims roll too many wishes that other restrictions don't allow them to fulfill, so making a rule about fulfilling all wishes is impossible. That, and the ones that don't get locked in disappear eventually, so it would be too easy to blow the rule off when you rolled a wish you didn't care for. Just wait it out and it will go away, lol.

The Live Your Trait rule also makes Sims fulfill wishes that are related to the chosen trait, so we've got a couple of rules around fulfilling wishes.

Redhead Creations
19th Jul 2011, 9:47 PM
Sounds like all bases are covered! =)

calisims
19th Jul 2011, 11:41 PM
Hey, guys, I was just looking at Riley's instrument skill challenges and they all a money based challenge. It is even called Money Maker, lol, to earn 25k playing the instrument.
So I'm going to go add those to the exceptions on the blog, with a note that if the player runs into any other challenge that requires earning money, it is exempt.