PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

calisims
1st Sep 2011, 1:32 AM
Here's Cricket and Jada. I removed all store/CC items from the, I used some EP stuff, but no SP stuff.

NutsAndDolts
1st Sep 2011, 1:38 AM
Thank you! <3 I won't separate them.

Buckley
1st Sep 2011, 1:40 AM
That sounds awesome teal. I can't wait to see the end product. :)

Cece, I downloaded Chale and Ximena, and I think they both have cc hair. Chale's hair looked different in his photo than when I opened him in CAS. Also, Ximena had that long pony tail, and when I went to pull her up, my game crashed. I'm guessing it's the cc hair that did it, but who knows. Whenever you get a chance, would you mind uploading her without any cc? I would LOVE to use her in my game (she looked beautiful in the thumbnail photo), but if it's too much of a hassle, don't worry about it.

ReyaD
1st Sep 2011, 2:06 AM
So sue me. I updated early. >_>

This isn't my best work but I like it. I'm trying a new writing style that I think suits this generation. I think its shaping up to be my favourite one if all goes according to plan. (And thats saying something. I'm in love with Louna's gen)

Ch. 102 : Make Up Your Mind! http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/08/ch-102-make-up-your-mind.html

EDIT: Oh shoot! I thought I'd uploaded them minus CC but you're right. I forgot with them. I just assumed it would change them to base game hair but I never imagined it would crash your game. I'm so sorry! I'm playing again tonight so I'll repost her with non-CC hair.

Just in case you wanted the links though, both their CC hair is from here.

Chale's: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356940

Ximena: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=379119

ekmidenisi
1st Sep 2011, 2:11 AM
Hi guys!
I'm new to the site, I've been downloading stuff for a while from here, but i've never before done a sims legacy challenge.
So I thought I might try this one out.
Do I post my roll here? Or do i post it in my first chapter?

calisims
1st Sep 2011, 2:14 AM
You can post here if you like. Or you can post it in your blog, or both.
Welcome to the challenge!

ekmidenisi
1st Sep 2011, 2:23 AM
Marital Structure: Mixed Single Parent
Number of Children: Two Children
Primary Income: Busker
Generation Goal: Expansionist
Misc Fun: Homemade

I'm just creating my sim now so will probably have a chapter up later this week

Buckley
1st Sep 2011, 2:29 AM
Thanks Cece. I appreciate it! :) (And don't worry about the crash. I didn't lose anything.)

Hi ekmidenisi! Welcome! This was my first attempt at a legacy too, and I'm really enjoying it. It's great for first time challengers, imo. Can't wait to read your blog!

ekmidenisi
1st Sep 2011, 4:06 AM
This is just an introductory post, it's not actually part of the legacy, although i think it explains quite a lot of Miguel's (my character's) and the house's background.
I hope you enjoy it.
http://randomlegacyangelo.blogspot.com/2011/08/introductions.html

ReyaD
1st Sep 2011, 7:57 AM
soooo.... no other posts in the last hundred hours? (I exaggerate, of course)

Here's that re-do of Ximena, Buckley. I put her with my fav non CC hair. It's from late night but I think it should be fine and shouldn't crash. If it still doesn't work let me try one more thing. (Which I was just too lazy to do tis time because it required more then one mouse click).

You may of course change her in whatever way you see fit, I just ask you keep her hair colour the same as a tribute to dear Redhead.

... I'm flying on three hours of sleep here. Ignore me please.

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 12:11 PM
Hi guys!
I'm new to the site, I've been downloading stuff for a while from here, but i've never before done a sims legacy challenge.
So I thought I might try this one out.
Do I post my roll here? Or do i post it in my first chapter?

Welcome! This is a great challenage to do!

GigaRevival
1st Sep 2011, 12:26 PM
Marital Structure: Mixed Single Parent
Number of Children: Two Children
Primary Income: Busker
Generation Goal: Expansionist
Misc Fun: Homemade

I'm just creating my sim now so will probably have a chapter up later this week

Looks like a fun first generation. Welcome to the Challenge and look forward to your updates. Good luck!

Anarathiel
1st Sep 2011, 12:26 PM
http://sharprl.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-twenty-five-teens.html
Chapter Twenty-Five: Will and Juni become teenagers, Willow asks a boy to prom, Juni tries being human.

btw I've decided Willow is the heir.

Welcome to the challenge ekmidenisi, can I just call you ekmi? It's shorter. I loved your introduction! You have a good writing style, so much writing for only two pictures XD

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 1:12 PM
Intro for my Legacy was posted yesterday but not sure if anyone actually saw it so link is in signature

severedsolo
1st Sep 2011, 2:17 PM
Buckley: I know! Martin is like a technical genius!

:rofl: Thank you. In fairness, it is my job :p

Actually, I do have some advice :p Sounds like your MBR is corrupted. You'll need to run a Startup Repair. (the reason Vista isn't doing it is because you need the disk... it just fails to tell you that)

check this out:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-make-a-windows-vista-repair-disk-if-you-dont-have-one/

Once you have your repair disk, then follow this: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html

You may need to repeat up to 3 times.

Sorry I've not been around much lately... things have been pretty hectic at home... I just found out I'm gonna be a Dad!

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 2:47 PM
...Sorry I've not been around much lately... things have been pretty hectic at home... I just found out I'm gonna be a Dad!

Congratulations! I hope it all goes well!

calisims
1st Sep 2011, 3:05 PM
Congrats, Martin!

Anarathiel
1st Sep 2011, 3:06 PM
Thanks Martin, I'll try that out before we go home tomorrow, then we may never have to tell anybody XD

Congrats by the way!

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 3:09 PM
Wow Severed, that's big news! I hope it's happy news! =)

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 3:12 PM
Im gonna take a break from my legacy and try making a house,
I've got the house plan from a website otherwise making house from scratch...will fail.
So I'll post pics here when its done! xD
If it does get done...

NutsAndDolts
1st Sep 2011, 3:22 PM
Grats Martin!

CyyKosis
1st Sep 2011, 3:44 PM
Thats so exciting, congratulations!!!

ReyaD
1st Sep 2011, 5:53 PM
Aaaaw~! Congrats, Martin! Thats such big news! Best of luck to you both.

AJH
1st Sep 2011, 6:25 PM
Sorry I've not been around much lately... things have been pretty hectic at home... I just found out I'm gonna be a Dad!
Congratulations

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 7:40 PM
I thought I would celebrate Martin's announcement with a chapter! =)
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-2-part-12.html

(Nice plug, huh??)

Anarathiel
1st Sep 2011, 8:10 PM
Guys, we're just sorting out my bro's laptop. We have to enter the product key but two characters are missing! How do we find them

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 8:39 PM
I thought I would celebrate Martin's announcement with a chapter! =)
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-2-part-12.html

(Nice plug, huh??)

I'm gonna start reading your legacy from chapter 1,
But I couldn't help but notice how nice and family wise that house looks!

any chance theres a download link ;D!?

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 8:49 PM
It's taken a long time to get it to look family-like, Sophie. Haha For a long time it was practically empty because it took all my funds to build it!

I built the house from scratch, not downloaded, so there's not a link for it. But perhaps once it's finished I could package it up. It's still very much a work in progress right now. =)

NutsAndDolts
1st Sep 2011, 9:05 PM
Another update.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-19-mixed-reviews.html

I spent forever on Stella's bedroom, and it's not even very complex. x.x

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 9:07 PM
I bet it depleted your funds very quickly xD
And sure thanks that would be much appricated!

And may I also ask, I see you have little photos around on coffee tables and such... may I ask how you've done this and how you've actually got them into them places (especially the ones with the twins!)
I did try using the phone to take a picture but the triplets just wouldn't stay still!
ever so annoying!

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 9:17 PM
Oh, believe me, it's VERY ANNOYING. Haha I have the camera from the World Adventures expansion and I used the "moveobjects on" cheat to place them side by side and had Faith stand in front of them with the camera and directed her to take a picture. Then I just waited for the right moment and snapped the pic.

However, the cameras are bugged and sometimes your sims will get completely frozen after taking a picture and have to be reset which means the picture is lost as well. It's really incredibly frustrating.

[EDIT] I don't use poses in my storytelling pictures, but I think I *am* going to start using poses for the in-game family photos. It's just so much easier that way. In fact, I've already started doing it, so if you keep an eye out you may see an example soon! =)

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 9:26 PM
Ahh I see!

Tbh I have never EVER used the photos and placed them I never knew you could!

And yes I experiance that too ;(

Them freezing is very annoying! especially when you do reset sim and haven't saved it before hand... then having to completely reset the game!

And also if you don't mind... I am going to use the world ou used because it looks very nice!

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 9:32 PM
I don't mind at all, it's a great world. I believe that Anarathiel is also using Harmony. =)

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 9:36 PM
Thanks!

I am up to Chapter 2 - Part 1: The Scientist In your blog
A very nice story I must say!

Anarathiel
1st Sep 2011, 9:59 PM
I am using harmony! I love it XD

ReyaD
1st Sep 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm using Harmony for my Wishes Legacy. Its haaaaard. *Pouts* I like this legacy better. it's easier to cheat. I MEAN FUNNER. >_>

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 10:01 PM
Haha! I'm adding a little twist to my legacy as you will find out in Chapter 1 - Page 2 tomorrow,
I am writing Chapter 1 - Page 1 as I type! :D

GigaRevival
1st Sep 2011, 10:07 PM
I know I said I would get this done yesterday, but I didn't. Don't judge me.

Chapter Nineteen: http://dennislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-nineteen-getting-serious.html

Rob becomes ancient; Mya retires; Olive's first date; the debut of Syb and Lee's new house (YESSS!); a somewhat major time-skip of awesome-sauce dates; taking the next step.

And I'm late to the party, but Congratulations Martin!

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 10:07 PM
I'm using Harmony for my Wishes Legacy. Its haaaaard. *Pouts* I like this legacy better. it's easier to cheat. I MEAN FUNNER. >_>

:rofl: Is wishes legacy just a different family or a different challenge?

Buckley
1st Sep 2011, 10:18 PM
I'm gonna start reading your legacy from chapter 1,
But I couldn't help but notice how nice and family wise that house looks!

I love Red's house. Especially Faith's room. I like how she decorated it. :)

I'm a bit late too, but to echo everyone else's sentiment, congrats Martin! What awesome news!

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 10:19 PM
Page 1 is done - Its a short chapter though ;/

ReyaD
:rofl: Is wishes legacy just a different family or a different challenge?

It's a different challenge. Found here: http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html

Theres a forum on there too I think if you have any questions on it. I'm not blogging it so I don't know anything else about it but whats on that page.

Buckley: JUDGING JUDGING JUDGING.... Okay I'll go read it now ^^

Also I officially have no idea whats happening in Ximena's generation anymore. I'm editing the next chapter and the photos are leading me into a completely different plot line. One I hadn't planned for at all. I just hope its not as bad as I fear it may be.

SimmingStarfish
I love Red's house. Especially Faith's room. I like how she decorated it. :)

So do I!

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 10:23 PM
Cece: I'm having the same issue, too. Perhaps this is bad when you let the Sims decide your plot, it leaves you with no wiggle room!! I feel like I'm flying blind!! But I love your story and know that it'll all come out amazing in the end. =)

Colleen: Thanks! Little known fact, Adrian from CDreams' legacy made a small unseen cameo and is the one who designed the room. (where is that girl, anyway?? She brought us an amazing time traveling plot and then left us hanging! haha).

Hopefully the house will be finished soon and then I'll package it up. Unfortunately, it's on a 60x60 lot as when I started the legacy, I thought that was part of the rules, so it might not fit in most people's neighborhoods...

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 10:24 PM
I forgot the link... Opps...

http://theandrelegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/big-move.html

Buckley
1st Sep 2011, 10:28 PM
Buckley: JUDGING JUDGING JUDGING.... Okay I'll go read it now ^^

What did I do?! Don't judge me, judge Giga. :D

Red, don't feel rushed to get it done or anything. Take as much time as you want. (And you're right, I don't think my world has any empty 60x60 lots. :( Oh well, maybe I'll grab the next house.)

GigaRevival
1st Sep 2011, 10:43 PM

Ha... that was a hilarious bit of mis-reading. Takes the heat off me though. :jest:

Also, I think Adamaris's eyes may be permanently cross-eyed, which is mega-hilarious. I'm not even trying to fix this glitch... although I'm sure since I'm actually okay with this one, it will probably magically solve itself. :faceslap:

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 10:45 PM
Ha... that was a hilarious bit of mis-reading. Takes the heat off me though. :jest:

Also, I think Adamaris's eyes may be permanently cross-eyed, which is mega-hilarious. I'm not even trying to fix this glitch... although I'm sure since I'm actually okay with this one, it will probably magically solve itself. :faceslap:

Haha I had that on one of my old sims Leah (In my old Legacy) It went after she slept, it actually freaked me out...

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 10:50 PM
I know all you lovely people out there hear me talk constantly or request things quite a bit (mods, houses ect.)
But I have tried building this, but failed miserably it's probably the most easiest house ever but im not so good with budgets (and tbh not so good with building)
but here is the link; http://www.houseplans.com/480-square-feet-2-bedrooms-1-bathroom-beach-home-plans-0-garage-32887
much apreciatted
And i would like it to be a started house price please ;D

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 11:01 PM
Hi Sophie, I would love to take a crack at it. As I generally don't build smaller houses. =)

What size lot do you want it built on? And do you have any color schemes in mind? (Your sim's favorite colors for example?)

calisims
1st Sep 2011, 11:02 PM
Someone actually built that house awhile ago:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/412265

Redhead Creations
1st Sep 2011, 11:04 PM
Well, crud.

SimmingStarfish
1st Sep 2011, 11:15 PM
Oh haha, sorry red ;(

And Cali how did you find that?

ReyaD
1st Sep 2011, 11:23 PM

Red, don't feel rushed to get it done or anything. Take as much time as you want. (And you're right, I don't think my world has any empty 60x60 lots. :( Oh well, maybe I'll grab the next house.)

>_>

I meant Giga. Honest. I really have NO idea how that slip happened. Again, goanna blame the sleep.

ReyaD
2nd Sep 2011, 3:06 AM
Double Post since everyone is AWOL tonight apparently...

Ch. 103 : In the Red Zone http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-103-in-red-zone.html

... I don't even know behind the title meaning honestly. And really, the story is leading itself now. I've given up on planning.

Also lag is making Day Care unplayable and I don't want it to screw with anything else so I'm re-rolling for Nero's career. He's goanna be an artist now.

calisims
2nd Sep 2011, 3:26 AM
Oh haha, sorry red ;(

And Cali how did you find that?

I remembered seeing it before. I browse houseplans a lot looking for houses I might build, and that one interested me. But before I got around to building it, it was done by someone else.

MaxCalifornia
2nd Sep 2011, 10:01 AM
Hey guys! I rolled AWESOME as the generation goal.

Soooo what kinds of AWESOME have you guys done or think I should do? I'm thinking of kiling one of the family members. Is that awesome? lol.

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 12:00 PM
I remembered seeing it before. I browse houseplans a lot looking for houses I might build, and that one interested me. But before I got around to building it, it was done by someone else.

Ahh right I see I thought you were magic for a moment! xD

Soooo what kinds of AWESOME have you guys done or think I should do? I'm thinking of kiling one of the family members. Is that awesome? lol.

Very AWESOME! xD

Anarathiel
2nd Sep 2011, 12:37 PM

It could be an achievement that your sim has done. For example, growing every plant perfect in your garden, catching every kind of fish with perfect quality, making 3 simbots etc

NutsAndDolts
2nd Sep 2011, 12:44 PM
I... I guess it depends on how much of a blaze of glory they go out in.

But I wouldn't normally view death as awesome.

Edit: Another chapter is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-20-high-maintenance.html

I go a week without posting, then have to catch up. It's my pattern.

calisims
2nd Sep 2011, 1:24 PM
Max, when I rolled awesome, I built a museum for my Sim's collection of gems, metals and insects, and to display the inventions of my inventor Sim.
Personally, I wouldn't consider just killing someone off as awesome. But it's up for interpretation, so if you think it's awesome, there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 1:25 PM
Im just playing League Of Legands then Im gona play Sims and later today do chapter 1 - Page 3

Anarathiel
2nd Sep 2011, 1:45 PM
WARNING!!! THIS CHAPTER IS VERY SAD!!!!
http://sharprl.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-twenty-six-grandma.html

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 2:30 PM
A very sad chapter ;(
I almost cried!
But on the other hand at least the girls had a good prom! xD

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 3:55 PM
Cali how do you make a museum?!

NutsAndDolts
2nd Sep 2011, 5:30 PM
Designate a lot in town (edit town) as an art museum. Then have your family purchase it, and fill it with stuff.

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 6:47 PM
Ohh i see! Never knew you could do that! Like as in create a Museum

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 7:34 PM
Can you do the same with Court/Graveyards?

ReyaD
2nd Sep 2011, 7:59 PM
Yeeeeep. With any type of lot at all. I even made my own lounge in this legacy. A club in the last one.

Buckley
2nd Sep 2011, 8:08 PM
I rolled awesome for my current generation, and I still don't know what I'm going to do. I should probably get on that, huh? :|

I guess just buying a community lot/venue isn't that awesome? Maybe I'll do something cool with the photography skill as well. Getting awesome on generation 1 is hard, as my family is dirt poor right now. Ah well.

NutsAndDolts
2nd Sep 2011, 8:15 PM
A family graveyard is very practical for some legacies... lol... I actually have more graves than are on my lot. Some of them are in my family's museum now.

ReyaD
2nd Sep 2011, 8:26 PM
I rolled awesome for my current generation, and I still don't know what I'm going to do. I should probably get on that, huh? :|

I guess just buying a community lot/venue isn't that awesome? Maybe I'll do something cool with the photography skill as well. Getting awesome on generation 1 is hard, as my family is dirt poor right now. Ah well.

I rolled awesome for my final generation. I'm already freaking out! Luckily I do have ONE idea... which I won't spoil. Because I want it to be awesome. ^^

No idea what you could do though. Maybe build a house? Re-make the firehall? *Shrug* I got nothing...

CinderEmma
2nd Sep 2011, 9:55 PM
Alright, I'm BAAACK :) And they finally changed my username while I was away, hurrah!

For new people to the board, I'm (was?) ebec17, aka Emma, one of the newer admins to the challenge :) I just came back from vacation, with no way to have internet connection :P I think I went through withdraw, lol XD But I had fun playing board games (my mom was victim to my board game whims) and I was able to bring my relatively new PS3, if without internet connection.

Anyway, guys, I'll update my legacy sims very soon, in the next day or two. I'll be getting reacquainted with my cat and my legacy first, plus getting supplies for an art project I want to make for my mom's birthday.

Anarathiel
2nd Sep 2011, 10:06 PM
YAY!!! Emma you're back XD
I had internet withdrawal when I went to italy, we didn't even have a tv! The whole place had one plug socket

AJH
2nd Sep 2011, 10:06 PM
I have an update :)

http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-five.html

calisims
2nd Sep 2011, 10:27 PM
Welcome back Emma!

So, I've finally got Brooklyn Heights set up and I've started playing my new legacy. I've been working on setting up my blog for it as well. I don't have a first chapter yet, as I need to play more to get material for that. But I do have a page you can all preview if you like, an alphabetical list (with pictures) of all the families I added to the neighborhood before getting started. As I mentioned before, I recreated a bunch of Sims 2 premades, imported some Sims families from other 'hoods, and used some of the clones from other legacies.
I didn't get representatives of all legacies in in the first generation, but plan to add more as generations progress.
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/p/who-lives-in-brooklyn-heights.html

Emma, I recently discovered I have a problem with Tyson's clone. When I selected him in CAS, his skin was black, like Grim's is when he's not in his robes. Is he using a custom skin? That's the only thing I can think of that causes that.

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 10:38 PM
Welcome Back!
And You can request name Changes! ;o

SimmingStarfish
2nd Sep 2011, 11:03 PM
Red, how do you change the color of the photo frames because when i go on Create a style it just changes certain bits of the frame?

CinderEmma
2nd Sep 2011, 11:13 PM
Yeah, s/he is :( I didn't remember to remove that! Can you switch skintones to one that isn't black?

ekmidenisi
2nd Sep 2011, 11:14 PM
I have chapter one here, there aren't as many pictures as in some of the other legacies, but I hope you like it.
http://randomlegacyangelo.blogspot.com/2011/09/gen1-chapter-1-start.html
If you think I should add more pictures please say, this is my first ever blog so I am open to criticism

GigaRevival
2nd Sep 2011, 11:34 PM
I apparently went mildly catatonic staring at the paper I am *supposed* to be working on for my Medieval Literature course... so I decided to play sims and read our wonderful MTS forum instead! <---Homework is my kryptonite.

Anyhow... I have a question and I'm not sure if it has been broached before, but if you roll Scientist as a career can you sell the produce that you grow for fast cash? Or is that cheating?

And welcome back ebec... I mean, CinderEmma. I'm diggin' the new name btw. :up:

calisims
3rd Sep 2011, 12:04 AM
Selling crops is only for the farmer career.

Medieval Lit sounds exciting! Or, um, coma inducing, lol.

GigaRevival
3rd Sep 2011, 12:19 AM
Selling crops is only for the farmer career.

Medieval Lit sounds exciting! Or, um, coma inducing, lol.

Thank you! I *almost* cheated. Whoops.

My Medieval Lit. course would be fun if they assigned novels/plays that I haven't read before. I'm in my Senior year of College and I'm done with one of my degrees, so I'm just sort of taking filler courses until I finish my second degree, and this class is one of them. It honestly gives me major deja vu... like I'm reliving my early College years. THE HORROR! <--I'm not kidding. That thought will fuel my nightmares. :rofl:

Also, I love your new blog. I already said so in the comment section... but I don't care; I'll say it again. Even if it is just an introduction. ;)

CinderEmma
3rd Sep 2011, 12:38 AM
Melissa, are your sims from the last gen. of your legacy still available? I really want Fox and Cricket.
I'll start catching up on everybody's legacies soon, I've got Cece's done, but that's it.

ReyaD
3rd Sep 2011, 1:42 AM
I believe she has both of them up on the random legacy exchange blog.

calisims
3rd Sep 2011, 1:43 AM
Yup, they are both up on the blog. :D

ReyaD
3rd Sep 2011, 2:25 AM
Ch. 104 : http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-104-i-need-to-ask-you.html

I like this chapter! ^^ Gen Eight heir is born, and Nero contemplates a career change (among other things).

Also I'm seriously loving gnomes. I can't believe I never had them in my legacy before!

CinderEmma
3rd Sep 2011, 2:58 AM
I love Gen Eight's Heir, what a cool name :)

I'm probably forced to move AGAIN, stupid game can't even last a freaking generation. It's evil, I tell you!
So I'm considering two things. One, stay in Brooklyn Heights, but have some big explosion killing at least 3/4 of the population (because I think all the people is a reason why I can't keep the dumb file alive. Two, get Isa, Calloway, Irish, and Kipp to move to their home planet, where ever that may be :) And yes, Kipp and Calloway will be from the same place but won't be related or anything.

Redhead Creations
3rd Sep 2011, 3:12 AM
Red, how do you change the color of the photo frames because when i go on Create a style it just changes certain bits of the frame?

Sophie, I didn't do anything special, just edited it in CAS. I believe (from memory) that the top channel is the one that changes the frame color...

Melissa, really looking forward to the start of your new legacy!!

Welcome back Emma!!

I've been working on a special project for the last eight hours, and I'm not even done yet. Hope you guys'll like it when it's finished. =)

Time to catch up on blogs now!

CinderEmma
3rd Sep 2011, 3:31 AM
I'm excited for the start of your new legacy as well Melissa. I would love if you could get Nathalie and Ned in there, they would fit your town the most I think :) Plus they are both dead in my game :( *cries* I want more Ned babies!

ReyaD
3rd Sep 2011, 4:45 AM
If I could get my saved sims folder fixed I'll upload Ned and Nathalie.

Buckley
3rd Sep 2011, 5:32 AM
Hey Emma! Hope you had a good trip, and I can't wait for an update!

Red, I am excited to see what this "special project" is. You've piqued my interest.

And to everyone else, I need clarification about the generation goal. My founder rolled awesome for her goal, and I'm not sure when I have to get it done by. Is it before the next heir becomes a Y/A (and thus starts generation 2) or before my founder reaches elder-hood? Or can it just be sometime before she dies? (I should probably know this by now, but I don't. Or else I can't remember. Lol. Anyway, thanks.)

CinderEmma
3rd Sep 2011, 6:44 AM
Thanks Buckley, I did have a great trip :) Very relaxing, with lots of one-on-one time with my mom :)
I haven't uploaded Ned and Nathalie yet, they're among the first of the legacy list to be uploaded though. I want to work on it tomorrow, today I had to fight through a s***load of glitches. I nearly had to move the whole legacy away, but I found a file that's only a few days off but doesn't have the glitches (I'm manually aging them in the morning)...and doesn't have my clone. I just made a Tyson clone via CAS in Edit Town and put her in there instead. I'll NEVER use the clone voucher again! In the morning, I'll show some pics of some of the nasty stuff that was going on 0_o

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 1:13 PM
Sophie, I didn't do anything special, just edited it in CAS. I believe (from memory) that the top channel is the one that changes the frame color...

Melissa, really looking forward to the start of your new legacy!!

Welcome back Emma!!

I've been working on a special project for the last eight hours, and I'm not even done yet. Hope you guys'll like it when it's finished. =)

Oh? did you use the digital frames because i have to buy a digital frame for every picture so i can change the color to match the house ;(

NutsAndDolts
3rd Sep 2011, 1:37 PM
I finally got around to posting these.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/outtakes-1.html

Just some old pics from my last legacy. More to come. Not that exciting though.

calisims
3rd Sep 2011, 1:59 PM
@ Colleen, you have until your Sim dies to complete any goals

@Emma, I would love to have Ned & Nathalie in my Brooklyn Heights, whenever you get them up for download.

Looking forward to seeing your special project, Red!

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 3:40 PM
QUESTION:
My persons got a part time job at the spa, can she sell paintings for more money?

AJH
3rd Sep 2011, 3:50 PM

Ooh, can't wait to see what your special project will be! :bunny:

calisims
3rd Sep 2011, 5:08 PM
QUESTION:
My persons got a part time job at the spa, can she sell paintings for more money?

No, you can only make money from doing whatever career you rolled. Only Sims in the Artist career can sell paintings. You can do any opportunities that come up, those sometimes pay money. And if you invest in community lots, you can make money from that. Also, if your Sim uses the telescope and discovers a star, you can keep whatever money comes from that.

Edit:
Here's some requested Sims from the newlegacy. The DA characters, Alistair, Morrigan and Leliana. In game I'[m using a long Store hair on Leliana. But I packaged her in the short base game bob that is somewhat similar to her DA hair.
Darren Dreamer in game had CC hair and facial hair, I swapped them for base game hairs in the package.
Thornton Wolff had CC facial hair, I put him in a base game chin strap for the DL.
And Meadow Thayer's CC hair was swapped for an AMB hair.
All Store content was removed, some EP stuff was used.
Darren is Adult, Meadow and Dirk are teens, the others are all YA.

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 6:03 PM
Oh OK good because i got an opp to paint a painting worth $1,000 because she's a level 10 artist and I've put them in there old house but lost them when they moved so im not sure if they went towards the household fund or not though?

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 6:42 PM
what code do I use on Flickr to post the link to a pic?
Is it the HTML code or the BBcode? I'm confused?

GigaRevival
3rd Sep 2011, 6:49 PM
Sophie: It will be the BBCode; just copy and paste it here. Go into Advanced Mode and Click "Preview Post" at the bottom before submitting just to be sure. ;)

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 6:51 PM
OK but it has a funny thing on it like <blahblah/'=blahblah>

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 6:52 PM
this is what happens with the picture frame thing
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/6109200541_b465006e4d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67144491@N06/6109200541/) Screenshot-114 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67144491@N06/6109200541/) by sophieridley (http://www.flickr.com/people/67144491@N06/), on Flickr

GigaRevival
3rd Sep 2011, 6:53 PM
It should still work. I just experimented with a few pictures by pasting the whole BBCode and they all worked fine (so long as they aren't too large). I don't use Flickr myself, so I had to do a mini-test session... FOR SCIENCE. :D

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 7:00 PM
Haha OK I'll try making the pic smaller and see what happens also do i put it in url or img?
I just done preview post6 and same prob... what do you use? I'll try that

GigaRevival
3rd Sep 2011, 8:06 PM
I use mostly imgur or photobucket; just because I've been using them both for ages.

Flickr seems fine; I'm unfamiliar with it though so I can't really help you with your sizing issues. *Usually* the site has an option to automatically size it to message board standards (at least imgur and photobucket do) upon upload, so I would just fool around with it a bit until you figure it out.

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 8:59 PM
I'll try photo bucket i used to use something but forgot the name of it.

SimmingStarfish
3rd Sep 2011, 10:43 PM
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab223/sophieridley/Sims%203/f1027f20.jpg

hopefully its more clear now what i mean about the frame recolour

EDIT: wow this thread is dead tonight!

CinderEmma
3rd Sep 2011, 11:39 PM
The picture is really blurry, you shouldn't have blown it up so much.
And for future reference, while accidental double posts are acceptable, it's much nicer if it's one edited post, like the one you just did above.

calisims
4th Sep 2011, 12:57 AM
Chapter 1 is up:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-1-on-another-planet.html

SimmingStarfish
4th Sep 2011, 1:16 AM
Reason for blurryness: its cause everytine i went on photobucket it just crashed and made my internet crash so i had to take a picture of the snapshot on my ipod so it was really blurry...

and oh opps sorry i didnt no u wernt allowed thanks for tellin me

and it doesnt matter about the smaller things in the pic its just the frame, thats what happens when i cas it the white bit changes to whatever color you choose

also sorry for gramma and what not its 2am and im trying to get on here without mum walking in sso i dont really have that much time .

Anarathiel
4th Sep 2011, 1:34 AM
Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been on, I've been real busy getting stuff ready for school. I had to finish my final draft for that essay i done a couple of months back. But I got all my shopping done too so i should be able to sim now!

EDIT: sorry if anybody thought I was on today, I accidentally left mts up and if you thought i was ignoring you, i wasnt

ReyaD
4th Sep 2011, 3:22 AM
For a Saturday... this place is pretty dead.

Ch. 105 : Wedding Bells http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-105-wedding-bells.html

I am actually VERY happy with Ximena's outfit and hair.

CinderEmma
4th Sep 2011, 3:27 AM
I was out shopping too, I got some great deals on art supplies! 3.49 each for these tubes of quality acrylic paint :) Normally it's like $5-6 for smaller tubes :D I bought 8 :P Finding paper machie (sp?) powder was so hard however, I was soooo relived when I found it!
Now I just have to make three awesome art projects :) And get some spare newspaper to use as the structure/smoothing with paper machie :) I'm so excited!

ReyaD
4th Sep 2011, 3:39 AM
I wish I could be artistic. I'm good with water colours, but thats it.

... And writing. But that doesn't count I don't think.

Redhead Creations
4th Sep 2011, 3:45 AM
I have been out all day! I *finally* got to see Coney Island, which was very fun!

But now I feel like I'm falling behind on my legacy, my buffer is getting quite small again... Guess I'd better get some more playing in over the rest of the weekend! =)

Sophie, I'm sorry, I really don't know why your picture frames are doing that. I'm not using the digital ones, just the default frames that come out of the camera. It may have something to do with your graphic settings? I just really don't know. Sorry! =(

CinderEmma
4th Sep 2011, 4:27 AM
I nearly had a heart-attack when I thought half my pictures had been deleted, but I managed to retrieve them :D
I love art, I've always been really good at it. It's been something I've known I was good at before I knew I was good at writing :D But it's not my life-long passion, it's just a hobby I really enjoy. Plus it makes really creative gifts possible :)
I'm working on my next chapter, finally past staring at the chapter title :P
EDIT: I'm half done the chapter, let's just say you guys get to see a little bit of Thorne again :D

Tamlyn
4th Sep 2011, 10:02 AM
I must say the amount of catching up I've had to do on the thread alone, let alone the story updates, for just missing what I swear was only a few days has been staggering!

All caught up now though ^^

Sophie - I get that randomly with picture frames sometimes too and I haven't figured out why. I also get other weird graphical glitches though (like trees going cubist if I turn edge smoothing on).

NutsAndDolts
4th Sep 2011, 12:54 PM
Outtakes #2 is up.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/outtakes-2.html

I agree Tamlyn... catching up can be a massive undertaking. I've commented on some things weeks after they were published. x.x

39CBones
4th Sep 2011, 1:13 PM
Wow, I haven't played Sims 3 in a really long time now...
Btw, all the sims other than my family grow up so fast and get old. I don't know what to do, since I can't find anyone to date my heir. You know what I mean... I hope :P

SimmingStarfish
4th Sep 2011, 1:39 PM
hmm thanks guys ill try changing the graphics hugher and lower (edge smoothing by the sounds of it)

NutsAndDolts
4th Sep 2011, 2:20 PM
Outtakes #3.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/outtakes-3.html

One left after this. I saved the best for last... >=)

But I don't know when I'll have the bandwidth to upload pictures again, so it may not be until tomorrow.

calisims
4th Sep 2011, 4:14 PM
I have chapter 2 up:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-2-one-right-girl.html

And I've added a page to the pages section called Around Town: Out Takes for out take pictures, obviously. Since we can only have up to 10 total pages, I'll add new pics to that page as I update (newer pics on top). When it gets really really long, I'll add another page, if needed.

ReyaD
4th Sep 2011, 6:21 PM
I love your idea of an outtakes page, Calisims. Mind if I use that same idea?

NutsAndDolts
4th Sep 2011, 6:55 PM
I've been having a problem with blogger refusing to display the side links half the time. It makes browsing through chapters difficult. v.v

ReyaD
4th Sep 2011, 7:00 PM
Really? I haven't had that problem at all. Are you on an iphone by chance? Because sometimes I'll get a missing side bar on my phone, so I just have to scroll to the bottom and click the "online version" (Or something like that) and it goes back to normal.

Otherwise... no idea what the problem might be. Hopefully blogger notices it and fixes it for you like the glitch Redhead and I had a few weeks back.

NutsAndDolts
4th Sep 2011, 7:29 PM
No... I use a giant desktop computer. o.o

Also experiencing a glitch where I cannot pull gems out of my family inventory. Jazz's spire cut rainbow gem is in there. =( I tried switching families and resetting the lot. I also tried the reset object thing in master controller, and it says there are 108 of them. x.x

calisims
4th Sep 2011, 7:42 PM
I love your idea of an outtakes page, Calisims. Mind if I use that same idea?

Sure, no problem.

SimmingStarfish
4th Sep 2011, 8:31 PM
#I have a problem... iv got my game in windowed mod i minimized it and i click it to get it back up but i can hear it but not see it? help?

ReyaD
4th Sep 2011, 8:48 PM
I suggest restarting your computer, sophie. You'll lose progress but it'll make the game playable again.

CinderEmma
4th Sep 2011, 9:32 PM
Goodness, this chapter is being evil! I still have seven pictures to write, and there's a lot of dialogue in this chapter, one of my weaknesses!

Buckley
4th Sep 2011, 9:52 PM
No... I use a giant desktop computer. o.o

Also experiencing a glitch where I cannot pull gems out of my family inventory. Jazz's spire cut rainbow gem is in there. =( I tried switching families and resetting the lot. I also tried the reset object thing in master controller, and it says there are 108 of them. x.x

Were the gems in your family inventory or your personal inventory? There is (was?) a glitch with the architectural design career where objects in your personal inventory would disappear into your family inventory and become unclickable/unusable. It happened when the architect would go into design mode, but as far as I know it only affected their personal inventory.

I would have a camera or a car in the personal inventory, and then it would magically appear in the family inventory. It would almost always be stuck there, and I never figured out how to get it back.

Your glitch sounds a bit different than that one, but I thought I would mention it in case you were unaware, as you might want to be careful with whatever objects you keep in Donoph and Stella's personal inventories. I'd hate for you to lose any of your family's valuables.

As far as the gems, I really don't know. That's peculiar for sure. I hope you can figure it out, cause that spire cut rainbow gem sounds awesome. Good luck! :)

NutsAndDolts
4th Sep 2011, 11:51 PM
Oh my gosh. That must be what happened. *cries* Donoph is in the architectural design career.

The stuck items are in family inventory, but I was wondering WHY they were there, since I was sure they were in a sim's inventory. =(

To get it back, I guess I'd have to import another copy of Wren with all of the family's nonsense, and then find the one gem. I don't care too much about the giant supernovium, but I worked very hard for the spire cut rainbow gem. Gathering that much Tiberium was no easy thing.

Redhead Creations
5th Sep 2011, 12:25 AM
Running out the door, but I couldn't sit on this chapter!!

Plus, the special project is posted (but you might wanna read the chapter first...)

http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-2-part-13.html

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 2:15 AM
Seriously, I've never been a fan of Morand, but that made me tear up a bit. Admittedly I'm watching a 9/11 documentary in the background, which is making me a bit more sensitive in the first place, but still!

Buckley
5th Sep 2011, 3:13 AM
Personally, I love Morand. So yeah, that was heartbreaking. But amazing at the same time. Great job, Red!

Nuts, I'm really sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was something else. Glitches can be SO frustrating! Your idea about importing Wren's family and getting their gem could definitely work. I think Master Controller has a feature that allows you to transfer items without actually having to make the Sim active, so that could help. Whatever you end up doing, I hope you can figure it out.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 3:32 AM
I agree with Buckley, MC might help! Either way, I really hope you can get your objects back!

Finally got an update, hurrah!
http://marlinlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-thirty-eight-family-bonds.html

NutsAndDolts
5th Sep 2011, 4:06 AM
The importing YA-Wren did work. It was just annoying. It seems the architectural design career is riddled with glitches, just like the stylist career (which I enjoyed more, at least).

Now I'm really paranoid about what goes in Donoph and Stella's inventories.

Morand was my favorite character in RC's legacy. ;.;

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 4:20 AM
I wish I could fix some of Ambition's glitches, especially with the firefighting career and the Investigation career. Ironically Stylist works perfectly fine for me, though I haven't tried architectural (the amount of glitches I've heard about that one scares me).

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 4:32 AM
Update!

Ch. 106 : River Wren http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-106-river-wren.html

And now my update scheduling will be every other day. Just cause school sort of wants to kill me.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 4:46 AM
Yeah, my writing schedule is more like...I write it, it's up, too bad if it isn't XD
Ugh, school starts soon. I actually doubt I'll be able to start right away because I messed up and didn't pre-register for the next school year (you have to at my school because it's an adult high school and people leave all the time), so I might have some waiting. I had to wait two week last year, when I transferred from my old school to this school.

GigaRevival
5th Sep 2011, 4:49 AM
Is anyone here using the new interface for blogger? 0_0 I feel like I'm re-learning everything I know. <---a bit of an exaggeration, but I believe my point still stands. : )

Edit: I'm with you guys. School is sucking up all my free/fun time and I haven't been able to keep on top of my blog. I'll get to it probably tonight or tomorrow (I have Labor Day off... YEYA!).

Redhead Creations
5th Sep 2011, 4:52 AM
Thanks guys, it's always interesting to hear everyone's different opinions!! =). (Not like Morand?? How?? J/K). I had originally wanted to include some narration in the video, so that the pictures were put into some kind of context. Hopefully it makes sense to those who read the story and for those who didn't, i hope it at least told some kind of story. Heh

It's really scary to hear how many of the ambition jobs are broken! Such a shame, too, as they make som-life a little more fun! =(. I hope you get your situation worked out, Becky!!

[EDIT] I'm not using the new blogger, it doesn't add anything new and just moves around everything from where I'm used to it. Pointless update that I'll put off using until we're all forced to switch over. =)

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 4:56 AM
I didn't hate Morand, I just never bonded with him like I have with Faith and even Dixie.
And I refuse to touch the new blogger, I loathe change!

GigaRevival
5th Sep 2011, 5:04 AM
Well I can say right now with complete certainty: I DON'T LIKE IT. It's too white and bright and burns ze retinas.

I only switched out of curiosity... will NEVER do that again.

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 5:08 AM
Yeah I haven't changed over to the new blogger, and I'm hoping I don't have to. xD Took me forever to figure out THIS blogger version.

School shouldn't be too bad for me this semester because the classes I'm taking are pretty basic, and I'm pretty much a genius when it comes to homework and time management (I make charts!) but I just like slowing down my updates because I'm planning on hitting the gym more this year and THATS what kills my time management.

... I should invest in a watch, I'm thinking.

EDIT: And yes, Redhead's tribute made me cry. My sisters watched it with me the second time and then wondered if there was something wrong with me. They did understand it though, and they don't read the stories, so theres that. They just thought the girl under the rubble was his daughter at first. But thats cleared up right after so *shrug*. The vid wasn't confusing.

Buckley
5th Sep 2011, 5:16 AM
... I should invest in a watch, I'm thinking.

My cell phone is my watch, lol.

I'm glad you figured it out Becky. The architectural career is evil, imo. It has always been the worst for glitches (for me at least).

I'm not even doing school this semester and I still can't seem to keep up on my blog. Hah. Work is my only excuse, and the fact that I just moved (again) and am still trying to unpack. I'm hoping to get an update out before the end of the long weekend, but we shall see.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 5:22 AM
I love my school in that you take one course at a time, and it's half days. Very useful for somebody like me who struggles with math, but has all other credits done.

And at least one comment on my chapter would be nice, as I've spent the better part of two days glaring at it. Please?

Redhead Creations
5th Sep 2011, 5:24 AM
Cece: thanks for letting me know!! That's great that they weren't too confused. And I have to admit, I got a little teary eyed when I watched it the whole way through after finishing it. =)

[EDIT] Emma: currently catching up now, should be commenting shortly. =)

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 5:26 AM
Sorry Emma, I thought I had commented! I just rechecked and apparently it never went through. *Pouts*

See this is what happens when I make an effort to post while on my phone. Lemme switch to the laptop...

EDIT: Second time's a charge. I wonder if I should go check on the other blogs I posted on... nah. Too much work.

Redhead Creations
5th Sep 2011, 5:40 AM
Gah, stupid iPad typos... You can remove my first comment, Emma. Heh

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 5:41 AM
Alright, I just needed one :P Boost my fragile ego a little XD
I wasn't gonna comment, then suddenly the board became alive again and no comments still :P
Where are ya on my legacy Red? I hope you can get caught up soon :)
EDIT: Apparently you got caught up pretty quickly, just saw your comment :P
And I deleted your first one before you asked, lol.

Redhead Creations
5th Sep 2011, 5:48 AM
Oh, I've been caught up on yours, except fornthe last post. I just had a bunch of blogs to read, everyones updates from today! I've never been the type of person who can read more than one book at a time, but I'm finding it easy to keep up with all the blogs. I think it's because they all have different backgrounds, so they have their own unique "feel" that keep them from blending in my overstuffed brain. =)

And thanks for the preemptive delete! haha

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 5:52 AM
I'm a super reader, I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 3 hours, and that's like 700 pages or something. And it was midnight to three am. I've probably made more impressive reading feats, but it's the only one I've timed. I'm horrid at reading out loud though, my mouth can't go as fast as my brain and everything gets jumbled. Or I forget that I'm supposed to be reading out loud XD
Same with me, though I haven't been reading all of the blogs here. Mainly because I get mad at the fics with teeny pictures XD I want pictures people! That's why I haven't subscribed to any one fic, to not hurt people's feelings. But I guess I just did by blurting this out right now.

Redhead Creations
5th Sep 2011, 5:58 AM
I think I go overboard, haha. My pics take up almost the whole page, and then if you click em, they get even bigger!

I did the same, read HP7 in one sitting, though you definitely have me beat on the time, I think I was done around 11am...

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 6:04 AM
I always click extra large, no matter what :P I wouldn't mind large, but medium just bugs me XD I love the size of your blog Red :)
I only know one person who can read as fast as me, but hasn't beat me yet :P Muhahaha XD

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 6:10 AM
Fast readers are a different kind of learner, Emma. Its a brain thing we have. Visual learners tend to have it. When I read a book its rare for me to spend over a day on it. I usually get bored with something if I have to spend more then a day with it, which I blame on my short attention span. Wether or not that has something to do with my reading... i dunno.

It also might just be ADD. If something bores us, we can't concentrate on it. But if it interests us, we obsess over it night and day until its mastered (or our attention have moved onto something else). I've got a mild form of ADD. Not strong enough for pills, but hard enough to give me panic attacks sometimes and affect my behaviour.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 6:16 AM
I'm a very visual learner, I definitely "see" words and so it's a strength. And my Autism has similar features to ADD in that when I focus, I FOCUS. Sometimes it's a pain, because I always seem to miss guys flirting with me, which people always point out later. Hey, I was focusing on not being a moron in public, I missed the really cute guy! I do have a pretty good attention span otherwise though, so no ADD for me :)

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 6:29 AM
Oh gosh I'm a terrible flirt... I always lead guys on and then dump them when they try getting too close. *Shudder* Trust me, boyfriends aren't worth the trouble. The many I've had were just boring.

My "girlfriend" is a bit better, but since we're working on a large entertainment project together we thought it would be best to just be friends so feelings wouldn't get in the way. I don't know how people stick in relationships for so long. I wouldn't have time to do anything if I had a boyfriend!

Buckley
5th Sep 2011, 6:36 AM
I keep missing people's update posts. I'll go read (and comment) on your update tonight Emma. Sorry I missed it.

I'm a visual learner, but a super slow reader. I just like to take my time and absorb/visualize what I'm reading. I'm just weird like that I guess. I'm also ADHD, diagnosed when I was 17 and been prescribed meds for years. I rarely take them though, lol. I'm not really sure how it affects my reading style. I've always been slow.

And Emma, I don't know that you will hurt people's feelings by not subscribing to (or reading) their blogs. At least, it doesn't bother me (I shouldn't speak for others). Just read the ones you want. :)

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 6:37 AM
I know there's about a half dozen blogs that I mean to subscribe to, but just forget to when I read an update. I'm not mean, I'm lazy.

EDIT: Also Buckley go update. Seriously. I will take you off my active list.

Buckley
5th Sep 2011, 7:06 AM
Haha Cece. I'm trying to make my next update *somewhat* interesting, and it's kicking my butt. Badly. I just need to suck it up and admit defeat (as in another boring chapter, lol), but I'm fighting it.

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 7:21 AM
I didn't think your last update was boring at all. In fact, I really enjoyed it. I thought it moved your plot along well.

And Serenity's cameo had nothing to do with my feelings for your Previous update. :)

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 7:29 AM
I really should go to sleep :P *curses school anxiety and many ways to avoid it*
Managed to write a Harry Potter poem in this span of time from my last post here to now...sigh, I always torture poor Harry so badly XD

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 7:32 AM
Oh my gosh speaking of Harry Potter.. this kid I used to tutor in writing and I talked for four hours about random characters from books we've both read and what Hogwarts house they'd fit into.

Doing LOTR was quite fun. (I also never realized how much of a nerd I was until this very second. wow.)

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 7:36 AM
lol, I love that! I've taken two really in-depth quizzes recently that told me I was a Ravenclaw but was super close to being a Hufflepuff. A loyal brainiac (sp?), loving it! I think I would be like a Luna, smart but in an unique way :D
Okay, NOW I'm going to sleep. I hope. MUST TURN OFF COMPUTER!

NutsAndDolts
5th Sep 2011, 12:41 PM
Mm, no update this morning, sorry. Bandwidth issues due to boyfriend playing PSO.

Here's Stella, since someone asked.

I cannot seem to access the "Random Legacies' Sims" blog with the email and password provided, so whatever. Sorry.

Anarathiel
5th Sep 2011, 1:43 PM
Nuts: I dont know why you cant log on, I just did with the same email and password as before

NutsAndDolts
5th Sep 2011, 1:58 PM
Blogger may be having issues for all I know. It gave me this weird time-out popup, which I didn't notice until after I'd posted.

39CBones
5th Sep 2011, 2:48 PM
I actually think I'm going to delete my legacy and start at a new one. I'm a perfectionist and didn't really like the way my legacy turned out... So, probably I'll be starting on a new one very soon :)

calisims
5th Sep 2011, 5:09 PM
Hey, I just noticed that comments were disabled on my out takes page on my blog. So I've enabled that now. Not that anyone has to comment, but now you can if you wanted.

39CBones
5th Sep 2011, 6:15 PM
I rolled for my new legacy: Single Parent, 3 kids, Architect, Perfect Children and Joker. I'm actually glad I got an Ambitions Job and the Joker, that gives me more time for Perfect Children. With the Architect, I don't actually have to work, and I don't have any Misc. Fun to make sure I'm fulfilling. The new legacy blog is coming up soon, hope you'll read it!

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 6:33 PM
Eek! Perfect children, single parent, first gen? Good luck with that, my friend. Personally I think Ambitions jobs are tougher, but thats just my opinion.

calisims
5th Sep 2011, 6:38 PM
With Ambitions jobs, you can not work but still get paid your stipend. That makes single parenting easier.

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 6:51 PM
Hunh, You may have a point there, Calisims. I think I just find ambitions harder because I tend to over work my sims xD. I swear the only time Ximena is at home is when she's asleep or in between cases.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 9:55 PM
*must not smash computer to bits*
I tried to load my game, and it froze. I'm now freaking out that this file has been corrupted, gah!

ReyaD
5th Sep 2011, 10:01 PM
Okay Step One: Breathe.

Step Two: Try again.

Step Three: (If needed) Come back here for a hug.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 10:06 PM
I'm not breathing, I got even worse news.
I've been procrastinating visiting my school website, as who wants evidence that school's about to start. I decided to look, and it looks like I may not be able to get in until mid September! Ugh, this messes up with my timeline! *kicks stupid website*
I might need some virtual hugs.
And I will try again, after I calm down after this evil news!

SimmingStarfish
5th Sep 2011, 10:23 PM
*hugs*
i hope you file is ok!

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks Sophie :) I hope it's alright too, I just managed to save this account because of this one file, and if it's corrupted, I may cry!

NutsAndDolts
5th Sep 2011, 10:29 PM
Twallan has a few mods that may help with that?

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?showforum=10

Good luck. I'd be miserable if I lost my legacy.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 10:33 PM
I have been using Twallan's mods NutsAndDolts, I had 4 files, but three of them were corrupted because of my stupid clone. I had one file left that's pre-clone, and I've been playing from there. But now that it froze, I'm freaking out that file is dead too!

Anarathiel
5th Sep 2011, 10:53 PM
This laptop keyboard is making me furious, Im gonna have to physically remove it

EDIT: This is why I haven't been playing or updating, the keyboard makes the game crazy, zooming out and constant character switching are just some of the things that happen. I bet I only have 30 seconds again until a random letter starts taking over this message.

CinderEmma
5th Sep 2011, 11:50 PM
*gives hug* Computer problems suck!

Anarathiel
6th Sep 2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Emma! I really wish my laptop would just work, I will need it for coursework next year (school year) which happens to be this week D:

Edit: I will probably have an update once a week now. Maybe on a Sunday, I think I could get that to work.

Buckley
6th Sep 2011, 2:28 AM
I have an update. Chapter 3: Misguided Mission

http://themckinleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-3-misguided-mission.html

Now I need to go catch up on y'alls updates.

Ana, I hope your computer starts working! And I hope you can figure out your Sims issue Emma.

CinderEmma
6th Sep 2011, 3:11 AM
Thanks Buckley, I plan on trying it out again soon :D I must stop sulking first XD

Buckley
6th Sep 2011, 3:19 AM
Emma, did you try Twallan's error trap? I actually have no idea what it does, but it was recommended to me when my game got all funky. Perhaps it can help?

And yes, STOP SULKING. :) I want more Isadora!

CinderEmma
6th Sep 2011, 3:25 AM
I can't get into the game for the first one yet, so Error Trap doesn't work. The other one...there's too many glitches.

Buckley
6th Sep 2011, 3:29 AM
Aww shucks. I was hoping my suggestion would somehow miraculously save your game. Anyway, good luck with it!

CyyKosis
6th Sep 2011, 4:12 AM
I am not dead: http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-17-growth.html

Now that I'm back, I have so much to get caught up on! I hope you can get your legacy sorted out Emma, that would crush me :(

NutsAndDolts
6th Sep 2011, 4:24 AM
Last one.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/outtakes-4.html

Now to get back to writing for my current legacy or whatever. ;)

Buckley
6th Sep 2011, 4:37 AM
I am not dead

Glad to hear it Maddie. I was starting to wonder what happened to you. :) Love the update, btw.

CinderEmma
6th Sep 2011, 4:56 AM
I have my family saved in various forms, so they will survive no matter what. It's more that I may want to cry if I have to move them again. And then I have to move Thorne's family, and Calloway and his family, and Kipp and his family.
And I'm sleepy, so I won't try again tonight. I hope it was just a fluke for that one file.

ReyaD
6th Sep 2011, 5:45 AM
I hope it was just a fluke, Emma. I'd be so sad if you had to go through all that work again. My game hasn't been terribly bad with glitches so far (Unlike my first legacy that because unplayable during gen three) its just been rotten with lag. I swear half of the scenes in my chapters are taken over two separate in-game days. I have to start romancing at 1 a.m. sim time in order to get a proposal in half decent light around twilight. Luckily it isn't so bad somedays. Like today. I went through a full sim week in only a few hours.

... Also I just realized how ahead I am in game. River Wren just had her teenage birthday in game. I might want to go edit my chapters now for posting this week...

Oh and CyyKosis, i was just about to PM you an update threat xD. I read it on my Iphone so I'll go post a reply now that I'm on my laptop. I am also very happy that you are not dead. ^^ Dead people make me sad.

CyyKosis
6th Sep 2011, 4:14 PM
I'm happy I was missed and threat worthy :)

Emma, if you do have to move, use Twallans Porter mod. It preserves relationships when you use it to pack multiple families.

39CBones
6th Sep 2011, 4:57 PM
Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap... Something happened when I played, the game shut down, and everything I'd done on the new legacy was deleted... Crap

Redhead Creations
6th Sep 2011, 5:51 PM
That's terrible, Bones!! Sounds like everyone is having a string of issues. =(

I had the "disappearing screenshots" episode last night and just about FREAKED OUT, until I realize that I had tried 'archiving' older pictures into a different folder because it was taking forever to load up 2500+ pictures and that the new pictures were being renamed "Screenshot-1", etc. Gah. So, I put them all back in so that newer ones would go at the bottom and not the top.

I hope everyone gets their issues sorted out!

PS: Bones, you should DEFINITELY check out Twallan's "saver" mod - it prompts you to save the game at regular intervals, has saved my life SOOOO many times!
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/1184-the-saver-phase-two-version-15-translated-2011-jul-26/

39CBones
6th Sep 2011, 6:28 PM
Thanks! I'm definitely gonna check it out!

AJH
6th Sep 2011, 6:31 PM
I have been using Twallan's mods NutsAndDolts, I had 4 files, but three of them were corrupted because of my stupid clone. I had one file left that's pre-clone, and I've been playing from there. But now that it froze, I'm freaking out that file is dead too!
Have you checked to see if there's a backup in your saves folder?

Edit to add a link to my latest chapter:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-six.html

Redhead Creations
6th Sep 2011, 7:49 PM
Wow, did you guys see that Twallan is working on a mod that will allow ANY world to be accessed like a WA world? This could be HUGE for storytelling!!

http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/1776-the-traveler-version-1-introduced-2011-sep-06/

CinderEmma
6th Sep 2011, 9:24 PM
COOL!
My game is working, yay!!!!!!

ReyaD
6th Sep 2011, 10:58 PM
Woop! Thank goodness it was just a one time glitch, Emma.

Hopefully I can post a chapter tonight. I have about two and a half chapters done. So I'm good for the first week of classes at least.

CyyKosis
6th Sep 2011, 11:53 PM
Woot! My blog surpassed 1,000 page views, which for me is a lot :)

And yay! I'm happy your legacy remains playable Emma! Tis always good news :)

Redhead Creations
6th Sep 2011, 11:57 PM
Yay, Maddie! That's a great milestone! =)

calisims
6th Sep 2011, 11:59 PM
I have an update, Chapter 3:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-3-two-to-tango.html

also, a few new pics in the Out Takes page.

ReyaD
7th Sep 2011, 1:00 AM
It is REALLY hard to resist updating daily.

Ch. 107 : Perfect http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-107-perfect.html

I made the Porter family for Neverglade, basing them off of two characters from the original series I've been working on. Joy was the middle child (of five) and by far my favourite. She's just so innocent and... well... dumb. I was planning on only including her as a friend but as you'll see in the upcoming chapter she sort of forced herself into the story.

CinderEmma
7th Sep 2011, 4:00 AM
Good updates guys, going to bed early tonight because I got to register for school tomorrow. Hopefully I can start next Monday!

ReyaD
7th Sep 2011, 7:46 AM
Best of luck, Emma.

So today I switched households to get some photos (I didn't save my progress so nothing would be screwed over, and I'd just do what I needed to through cheats afterwards) and I LOVE what SP did with the Starr family while I was away. Nero and Mena were pregnant again, Joven reached the top of his part time job, and River Wren got knocked up by her boyfriend. When I left them in game she didn't even have a boyfriend.

... I was so tempted to keep that part of SP when I reloaded the game but nah. Still though. SP makes me laugh. Half the time I'm loving it. The other half I wish it were dead.

calisims
7th Sep 2011, 2:43 PM
SP keeps changing my plans in my current generation. Sometimes it's a pain, but it's also fun to work SP events into the story.

Redhead Creations
7th Sep 2011, 3:38 PM
That's a great thing to do for fun, Cece! I'll have to try that, as I have to switch households sometimes to get pics for the family tree. Next time I do that, I'll let the game go for awhile to see what SP does with the family. Who knows, it might offer up good story ideas. Haha

ReyaD
7th Sep 2011, 9:16 PM
Ugh I know I shouldn't be doing this since I have only three chapters in buffer (now two) buuuut... an early update today >_> Possibly one more tonight.

Ch. 108: Paradise? http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-108-paradise.html

EDIT: Also: Calisims, blogger isn't letting me comment on your outtakes page right now but the photo you have of Hawke in the library reminds me of a love child between Carey and Foster. I am not even joking. (And he is as beautiful as I imagined he would be. <3)

CinderEmma
7th Sep 2011, 10:16 PM
Such a horrid day, the buses here have changed their schedule...and because of this, I was on the wrong side of the road (because I'm unfamiliar of this area). So I missed the bus I needed, and I waited an HOUR for the next one! *smashes something*
I start school on Monday though, and they've moved the start of the day to 8:30, HURRAH!

NutsAndDolts
7th Sep 2011, 10:24 PM
Chapter 21 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-21-under-same-roof.html

calisims
7th Sep 2011, 10:59 PM
Ugh I know I shouldn't be doing this since I have only three chapters in buffer (now two) buuuut... an early update today >_> Possibly one more tonight.

Ch. 108: Paradise? http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/ch-108-paradise.html

EDIT: Also: Calisims, blogger isn't letting me comment on your outtakes page right now but the photo you have of Hawke in the library reminds me of a love child between Carey and Foster. I am not even joking. (And he is as beautiful as I imagined he would be. <3)

Hawke is a very pretty man. I have to refrain from breeding him with every girl he hooks up with.

GigaRevival
7th Sep 2011, 11:13 PM
Aaaand, it looks like the Dennis Legacy will be put on hold for a while. My game is freaking out and only shows a black screen (with music still playing) and I can't figure out what is causing it. Fudge.

CinderEmma
7th Sep 2011, 11:35 PM
Oh, that sucks! The whole game, or just the file? Have you tried restarting the computer? Or maybe reinstall the game, taking care not to delete any saved games?

Oh, btw, Irish will soon be sporting (if she hasn't already) her bluer hair in the legacy. It still looks like her hair, just that the blue highlights are lightened and are put on the tips. It looks cool! It still looks like her hair too, only a bit bluer :P

Buckley
7th Sep 2011, 11:41 PM
Aaaand, it looks like the Dennis Legacy will be put on hold for a while. My game is freaking out and only shows a black screen (with music still playing) and I can't figure out what is causing it. Fudge.

Oh NOO! I love your legacy Giga! I really hope you can figure out what's going on.

Have you tried researching your problem on the help forums here on MTS? They helped me when my computer was freaking out. If you can't find anything, you can always try posting in the help section and see if anyone has any suggestions. Whatever you do, good luck!

GigaRevival
7th Sep 2011, 11:45 PM
I have searched through the MTS forums and they all suggest updating video drivers... but mine are all updated according to my computer. I might have to start a new thread and see if anyone can come up with a new solution. Until then, I'm just fooling around and hoping for a miracle. I have about a five chapter buffer, so I'll at least have those five to publish... but nothing beyond that, sadly.

CinderEmma
8th Sep 2011, 12:43 AM
I'm so sorry Giga, that sounds horrible :( Take your time with the 5 chapter buffer while you search for a solution.
I'm working on the next chapter, unsure if I'll have it for you guys tonight though. Lots of dialogue and carefully written stuff, I can't rush it or I could mess up the whole future plot!

ReyaD
8th Sep 2011, 1:17 AM
I wish i could offer advice for your computer issues, Giga but I don't know the first thing about computers really. But best of luck to you anyway. I love your legacy and I'd hate for you to not be able to continue.

GigaRevival
8th Sep 2011, 3:34 AM
Yep... so the Dennis Legacy (besides the four chapters [I thought it was five]) will be kaput. My computer apparently isn't good for running Sims 3 (even though it is moderately above the minimum requirements) and I'm most likely going to have to buy a new computer in order to play again. I'll keep trying to see if I can somehow fix it this weekend, but the odds don't look good. Laptops... who needs 'em? *shakes fist*

CinderEmma
8th Sep 2011, 4:02 AM
Maybe you can transfer the saved game files to the new computer? After all, it's the computer, not the file, that's gone kaput.

Papermachie peels off my skin when it dries, which is weird :P But at least I got my base for my first project started, which is good :P
That means less legacy was done then I wanted though, lol. But it's my mom's main birthday gift (it's going a real 3-d family tree), and her birthday is on the 24th, YIKES :D

GigaRevival
8th Sep 2011, 4:05 AM
Yeah... but I need a new computer first. :D Money is tight, so that most likely won't be happening.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. And thanks for all the help everyone. I'll get those last chapters up probably once a week or so to spread them out.

CinderEmma
8th Sep 2011, 4:26 AM
Well, I hope you can get enough money soon! Can you sell the laptop to get a bit of extra money?
Chat as much as you want here until you get a new computer, we know you would be posting updates if you could :D

GigaRevival
8th Sep 2011, 4:33 AM
Oh I definitely will, although probably less frequently as I'll get a little sad that the Dennis's won't be continuing for the time being.

My laptop is only about a year old and I got it for school mostly, so I'll probably be keeping it and then saving up for a new desktop... which will be a while since I'm currently unemployed and going to school. But hey, I'll still get to read everyone else's stuff. :D *attempting to be optimistic*

Buckley
8th Sep 2011, 5:26 AM
Yep... so the Dennis Legacy (besides the four chapters [I thought it was five]) will be kaput. My computer apparently isn't good for running Sims 3 (even though it is moderately above the minimum requirements) and I'm most likely going to have to buy a new computer in order to play again. I'll keep trying to see if I can somehow fix it this weekend, but the odds don't look good. Laptops... who needs 'em? *shakes fist*

No! *cries* I love the Dennis family! I'm so sorry you can't play the Sims anymore. That's just horrible!!

I hope you stick around anyway, even if you can't update. It seems like we've lost a lot of people recently (to school, I'm guessing) and I'll be so sad if you leave too. I mean, I'll understand if you don't want to, but I'm selfishly hoping you do.

And I am going to pray to the gods of the computer world to that your game miraculously fixes itself. Or that you win the lottery and buy yourself a shiny new computer. Or both. Either way, I'm crossing my fingers.

kirajmp
8th Sep 2011, 6:55 AM
Moonstone Manor Update.

Topaz does something really unexpected at the end of this chapter. Well, actually Eva does it, but it involves Topaz, and I was surprised she went along with it.

Generation 8 Chapter 2 (http://kirajmpmoonstone.blogspot.com/2011/09/gen-8-ch-2.html)

ReyaD
8th Sep 2011, 7:07 AM
Blogger isn't letting me comment, Kira. But... way to go Topaz!

calisims
8th Sep 2011, 12:29 PM
Giga, no! I'm so sad about your game. I will miss your legacy so much. Like everyone else, I hope you stick around here. And I hope you can find a way to buy a good gaming rig.

teal_moonshine
8th Sep 2011, 1:30 PM
Definitely sucks that the Dennis family is on hiatus, Giga.

Just a quick run down on my mythology planning. I've got 82 sims that need creating, I think it's split down the middle between Norse and Greek. The ages and genders aren't so even. Luckily I have a pool of sims to wade through from all you guys. Makes a good genetic mix and also means I only have to create half as many sims... Now all I need is a computer.

Buckley
8th Sep 2011, 2:36 PM
That sounds awesome teal. I'm excited to see your creations. Have you decided which Gods and heroes you will be creating? And do you know which world you are going to use?

Are you going to blog your legacy in the mythology town? If you do, I hope you showcase some of your town's families. I don't know if you've read calisims' new legacy, but she created a page devoted to her town's founding families. It was really neat to see the whole neighborhood, and it might be a good way for you to show off some of your favorite characters. Well, it's just an idea.

Hah, I hope you get that computer soon. I want to see it!

teal_moonshine
8th Sep 2011, 2:48 PM
I can list all the families if you want? And yeah I'll probably steal calisims' idea just so people can have a squiz at them all. Probably do an in game and an adult screenshot so if anyone wants one they at least know what they'll be getting. But I don't know which world I'll use. I'm open to suggestions obviously, I'd just want a functional, unpopulated world. I'm not the town planning type.

And yes, I'll probably be blogging my legacy, won't be any of the Gods, I love my little Doe family too much.

CyyKosis
8th Sep 2011, 2:50 PM
Giga, sometimes my computer will say my drivers are up to date when they aren't. Have you tried going to the manufacturers website to see their latest drivers? That happened to my game once... I updated my drivers and checked my CC files and was good to go. I hope you figure it out :(

calisims
8th Sep 2011, 3:06 PM
I have an update, Chapter 4:
http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-4-im-not-one.html

ReyaD
8th Sep 2011, 4:38 PM
I'm so excited for your mythology families, Teal! : D I can't wait to see all of them, and how you handled all that darn incest. (Also holy crap, 82? You crazy, girl)

I'll be moving onto gen 8 by Sunday I'm thinking, and once Gen nine is in play I'll start organizing Neverglade to make it playable. Maybe even act out ch. 1 to make sure everything is playable and good. I don't know what I'm more excited for. Completing my first full legacy (And saying goodbye to the Starrs) or starting up Neverglade...

39CBones
8th Sep 2011, 5:03 PM
I probably won't play very much in the near future, I don't have Generations yet, but I'm about to buy it soon, and I want some things from that game for my kids.

Btw, what's SP? Is it a mod or what is it?

teal_moonshine
8th Sep 2011, 5:08 PM
I kinda side stepped the whole incest thing... Generally, I just ignored it (Cronus and Rhea, first generation Titans were parents to Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Hera, Hestia and Demeter... Oh and were brother and sister) by making one of them unrelated, but in later generations some cases the outcome from the incest is kinda important (Zeus and Hera, Zeus and Demeter) so I'll have pretty much carbon copies of Zeus and Hera to have the same gene pool without the messy incest business that goes along with it...

And yes, 82, but I've reasoned myself into believing it's not so bad. Once you have the first generation, it's just a lot of playing with genetics and then tweaking a little...

ReyaD
8th Sep 2011, 5:13 PM
... I'll take your word for it.

SP - Story Progression. Generally though we're referring to Twallan's story progression.

calisims
8th Sep 2011, 5:14 PM
I probably won't play very much in the near future, I don't have Generations yet, but I'm about to buy it soon, and I want some things from that game for my kids.

Btw, what's SP? Is it a mod or what is it?

Generations is a great ep for kids.
SP stands for story progression. Most of us are using Twallan's SP mod that vastly improves the EA version.

39CBones
8th Sep 2011, 5:23 PM
Okay, now I get it :)

GigaRevival
8th Sep 2011, 6:14 PM
Giga, sometimes my computer will say my drivers are up to date when they aren't. Have you tried going to the manufacturers website to see their latest drivers? That happened to my game once... I updated my drivers and checked my CC files and was good to go. I hope you figure it out :(

I'm going to check that later today. Apparently Dell's lie... a lot... when it comes to updated drivers. I'm holding out hope that it works!

GigaRevival
8th Sep 2011, 6:17 PM
No! *cries* I love the Dennis family! I'm so sorry you can't play the Sims anymore. That's just horrible!!

I hope you stick around anyway, even if you can't update. It seems like we've lost a lot of people recently (to school, I'm guessing) and I'll be so sad if you leave too. I mean, I'll understand if you don't want to, but I'm selfishly hoping you do.

And I am going to pray to the gods of the computer world to that your game miraculously fixes itself. Or that you win the lottery and buy yourself a shiny new computer. Or both. Either way, I'm crossing my fingers.

Haha... I'll still be here. I just got some new advice about possible fixes, so I haven't completely lost hope yet. Keep praying though, just in case. :jest:

AJH
8th Sep 2011, 8:47 PM
Haha... I'll still be here. I just got some new advice about possible fixes, so I haven't completely lost hope yet. Keep praying though, just in case. :jest:
Hopefully you'll be able to get the game working on your computer soon, mine's technically below specs but I can't afford a new one (I'm trying to upgrade it gradually instead)

I have chapter seven now up:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-seven.html

CinderEmma
8th Sep 2011, 11:16 PM
I can never figure out my specs, but without too much CC and medium/low graphics (except for sim detail), I'm fine :D
STILL working on update, I just can't focus today. I keep getting distracted :P
You guys won't lose me to school, as my school runs from 8:30-12:30, and I only have to be there for an hour and a half XD I usually stay for 3 hours, unless I have nothing to do. It's an adult high school, so the hours are super flexible :D And I don't need to do homework either, as I have 2 and 1/2 courses that I need to do for this whole year to graduate, so no point in trying to speed through them too much. And really, I don't need the 2 courses if I didn't want to go into a business program. I already have all but one elective course to finish.

GigaRevival
9th Sep 2011, 1:01 AM
We're at 200 pages guys! Whaaaa?! When did that happen?

CinderEmma
9th Sep 2011, 1:15 AM
http://marlinlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-thirty-nine-ghostly-presence.html

I'm so mad, I had so many more pictures for this scene! But it just seems to work like this, I hope you like it!

CyyKosis
9th Sep 2011, 3:41 AM
Post #5000? We rock. Seriously.

I was trying to figure out my next plot twist and just so you all know, Lukas' future mates will be quite interesting... if it all works out.*evil laugh*

CinderEmma
9th Sep 2011, 3:58 AM
Agreed Cyykosis, our board rocks!

I'm thinking of plots too, I'm trying to make sure Isadora gets included too.
Oh, btw, the gen 2 teenage years will be longer then the other ones, as the plotlines and the relationships need to blossom. Plus Tyson's clone will have to fit in this :) And yes, I remade her in CAS using a clone of Tyson, I think she (the original one) was the cause of corrupting most of my files.

Does anybody have tips to make Tylar (the clone) more interesting as a child? I have a plot set up for the teenage years, but I want to do something to make the 8 days she is a child a bit more interesting. And since she's younger then Irish, she's allowed to stay in the house even when Irish is YA as long as she isn't? I don't have the swings and see-saw anymore, and interaction between the family and her will be strained until she gets settled in (aka teenager).