PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 1:30 AM
Emma, if you use MC to disable the clothing filter (which allows all clothes top be available for every category) it makes the nude top and bottom available as well.
If you haven't disabled the clothing filter, you probably picked up a nude outfit with a download somewhere.

bde1225
28th Dec 2011, 1:31 AM
Thank you everyone for the welcome! I have started and I do plan on blogging the story. I am trying out a new method where I film the entire generation, then write the story, then post it. I think that is how I will do it and see how that works. Since my number 2 is taking alot of work it almost seems like he is the heir, but he is not, I am on career 3 of the 10 and he is halfway through his lifetime goal. My heir is just basically chilling out- she is the super easy one.

Bde is fine for now. Unless you would rather call me Babs. Whichever works for me. :bunny:

This is not going as bad as i thought it would just using alot of my energy. :lol:

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 3:48 AM
Welcome to the challenge. ^.^

I'll probably remember bde=Babs.

I'm Becky. Or Nuts. I lurk. I have a blog, and will get back to updating it sooner or later.

I'm on a mission to find a time-traveling sword right now.

ReyaD
28th Dec 2011, 3:51 AM
Time-travelling is so cool. <3 Has anybody been following the recent physicis news journals? A certain experiment involving the speed of "Neutrinos"?

GigaRevival
28th Dec 2011, 3:56 AM
Welcome Babs!

I've got quite a bit of catching up to do on everyone's legacies; including getting my next chapter churned out. I'm at the family's and they have unreliable interwebs, so I'm forced to actually be productive and do things. *gasp*

Becky: 0_0 Whaa? I'm intrigued.

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 4:00 AM
It's a powerful new weapon in an MMO I play, released to drop from enemies during the winter event.

So I need to find one before it's over.

It doesn't really travel through time. The weapon is, however, a reference to Crono Trigger.

CinderEmma
28th Dec 2011, 4:01 AM
Emma, if you use MC to disable the clothing filter (which allows all clothes top be available for every category) it makes the nude top and bottom available as well.
If you haven't disabled the clothing filter, you probably picked up a nude outfit with a download somewhere.Hm, I could have accidently done that, it happened after messing with MC. Thanks Melissa, let's see if that helps!

teal_moonshine
28th Dec 2011, 4:16 AM
I read up quickly on the neutrinos, if it's the same one you're talking about Cece, they have been getting results that indicate maybe things can go faster than the speed of light, even taking to account margins of error.

ReyaD
28th Dec 2011, 4:23 AM
I read up quickly on the neutrinos, if it's the same one you're talking about Cece, they have been getting results that indicate maybe things can go faster than the speed of light, even taking to account margins of error.

Thats the one! If anybody wants I can give a more detailed account of the experiments, a history of the neautrino as a theory, and what the results of the experiment could mean.

But basically: Particles were sent from location A to location B in two separate experiments, and both times "neautrinos" a type of particle with no charge arrived at location B BEFORE light did.

Now this could mean three things:
A) Someone f-d up and the experiment is incorrect. Although no one can figure out how neutrinos cheated the system.
B) Sub atomic Worm hoooooles.
C) Einstein's E=MC2 is incorrect and this could open the door to time travel.

teal_moonshine
28th Dec 2011, 4:33 AM
I hope C, only for the time travel.

Besides, it was 60 nanoseconds faster than light, and once they tried to work out if things went wrong, the room for error was only 10 nanoseconds so it was still incredibly fast.

CinderEmma
28th Dec 2011, 7:47 AM
All this goes above my head, so I'll say...c, as it's progress towards future discoveries?

ReyaD
28th Dec 2011, 8:05 AM
Well personally I find the science behind sub atomic wormholes to be more fascinating than proving E=MC2 wrong, but thats just me.

Update!

4.14 - Just Give Up http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/414-just-give-up.html

Oh hey Cece finally explains corruption. What a shock! And Gen 5 takes over tomorrow.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 8:06 AM
that would be so cool if it was C, but scary as well.......i'm a bit worried what will become of the world when people start time travel. Cause who gets to decide who will go and what they get to do?? Who knows what happens if they go and stop the major events in our history from happening........

I'd rather have the wormholes and space travel, then time travel.....

EDIT: I thought you explained a bit of the corruption in previous chapter as well..........runs of to read.......

EDIT 2: Update! (http://cristlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/29-fast-forward.html) Btw.........does someone know the game gruntz??

teal_moonshine
28th Dec 2011, 8:44 AM
It all kinda fascinates me. I don't really WANT time travel, much rather the advances for space travel. Understanding all the possibilities are a long way off though.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 9:50 AM
ugh!! Does anyone know what to do about the maid not showing up glitch?

AJH
28th Dec 2011, 9:54 AM
Now this could mean three things:
A) Someone f-d up and the experiment is incorrect. Although no one can figure out how neutrinos cheated the system.
B) Sub atomic Worm hoooooles.
C) Einstein's E=MC2 is incorrect and this could open the door to time travel.
While time travel is fascinating I think I'd prefer wormholes because there are so many potential paradoxes when it comes to time travel that I can just see us destroying the world by making it never exist in some weird twisted fashion...

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 11:45 AM
If C were correct, "time travel" would only be possible forwards, not backwards. So I wouldn't call it time travel. More like a skip.

Time is a human concept. It doesn't really exist. Going backwards in "time" would require the rearrangement of the universe, not movement upon an imaginary line.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 11:48 AM
well thats a good thing to hear, and logical tbh, cause you would travel faster, not slower.....would be hard getting back home though.

Another question :) : I rerolled the deadbeat parents for gen 3 with my free reroll. I rolled "living in the past".................so, do you really have to pretend that they live in the past? Or am I allowed to give the story some other twist to explain why they won't be using electricity??

AJH
28th Dec 2011, 12:11 PM
I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the direction of some help here, I've been having trouble with my child sims going to their after school activities and I've just identified that the school seems to be resetting and kicking all the kids out shortly before the end of the school day (which means they can't go on to their afterschool activities as they're not in school at the end of the day)

Does anyone know what causes this and/or any way of stopping it?

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 12:20 PM
You don't have to pretend they're living in the past. That's just the name of the roll. You're free to make up whatever reason you want for your sims to choose this lifestyle.

Sorry Ali, I'm not having that problem. Yet. I haven't done afterschool activities since Scarlett's ballet, though Percival is going to start some next time I play.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 12:21 PM
Found this for you (http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/bug-sim-cant-go-to-after-school.html)

It's the only thing i could find on the subject, not sure if that is the problem with you though?

AJH
28th Dec 2011, 12:35 PM
Found this for you (http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/bug-sim-cant-go-to-after-school.html)

It's the only thing i could find on the subject, not sure if that is the problem with you though?
Unfortunately I don't think that is the cause, I think I need to do some searching on the subject of the school resetting which appears to be the cause of my problems

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 1:37 PM
Stupid bugs sometimes! I hope you can find a solution though......

well i've been playing all day to get one chapter because well

I have a full household now, 8 sims, 2 dogs...........i'm freaked!! I don't get to create any story around anyone atm, because well, i'm to busy keeping everybody happy! So next chapter is sort of a fast forward as well! :(

Buckley
28th Dec 2011, 2:14 PM
Another question :) : I rerolled the deadbeat parents for gen 3 with my free reroll. I rolled "living in the past".................so, do you really have to pretend that they live in the past? Or am I allowed to give the story some other twist to explain why they won't be using electricity??
Klev, I think you made a mistake? Deadbeat Parents is a generation goal, whereas Living In The Past is a miscellaneous fun. Perhaps you read the wrong section? :)

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 2:38 PM
Yeah, Colleen is right. Though, gah, Living in the Past is so much more involved than any of the other Misc. Fun rolls, it almost should be a goal. Not that I care, I'm never ever doing it again no matter what category it's in.
Anyway, Klev, you don't have to have your Sims pretend they are living in some past era. When I did that roll, I put my heir in a position where she found herself suddenly poor and homeless. She built a little cabin for herself but it had no electricity. That's how I did it.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 5:56 PM
Klev, I think you made a mistake? Deadbeat Parents is a generation goal, whereas Living In The Past is a miscellaneous fun. Perhaps you read the wrong section? :)

Are you sure? o_0 rofl then I must reroll again Haha good thing I had a question then! Off to reroll!

And thanks for the help all is certainly gonna be useful when I do roll it then Haha! I had a plan for it but I will just change my plans for the next gen then :lol:

Buckley
28th Dec 2011, 6:30 PM
I had an idea for the Living In The Past goal, but I'm not really sure if this would work or not. Instead of the goal generally saying "live in the past" and giving a vague idea of a time period without any modern amenities, perhaps it should say that you must choose a time period and have your Sims live accordingly. So your Sims can live a medieval existence without electricity or running water (well, using your imagination on that one) or they can live like a hippie in the 1960's with light bulbs and showers but no flat screen televisions or laptop computers. Also, your Sims would have to decorate their house (or at least part of their house) in the style of their chosen era. Just the main living areas and the master bedroom in order to make it more tolerable. That way, the goal can be as simple or as involved as you want. Obviously, the farther back in time you go the more difficult it will be, but even if you choose a more modern time frame it would still take some work. And the change could happen gradually, like one room at a time, so long as it's completed by the time your heir becomes an adult (or something).

Really, we could even cut out the part about living like you're from the time period (the electricity and modern conveniences part) and just make it about decorating in a particular style. I don't know. What do y'all think?

Edit: It's not that your Sim would have to go back in time, but just that they'd have to be interested or otherwise curious about a different era. Or perhaps that era just suits their tastes (like a collector type character loves antiques, or something).

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 6:45 PM
Sounds really complicated, Buckley.

Could be its own challenge thread, though.

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 6:52 PM
I think the main thing I don't like about Living in the Past is the way it forces you to completely transform your Sim's house and lifestyle to fit some bizarre new obsession that will only last for a generation. From a story telling point of view, you end up in a weird situation where your heir suddenly takes away the electricity and showers from the house. For those of us that prefer to play multi-generation, you have to explain why the previous generation still living in their house would put up with this crap, or you have to move them or your heir out.
You can make a good story with it, but it's more of a forced change than I'm comfortable with.
I also wasn't very happy with the allowed CC provision. Although when I did this goal myself I did use a 'medieval' larder/fridge/. Because you can't actually cook anything, not even on grills, or make salad, etc, without having a fridge on the lot. So if you don't use CC, you are stuck eating produce from inventory. But I don't like giving an advantage to CC users, or being put in the position of DLing CC I only need for this one goal (I got rid of the larder right after I was done with it). I've recently seen a medieval shower CC show up here. When you have enough CC replacements for the forbidden items, the rule really is just about decorating and not the inconvenience of having to bathe rather than shower, etc.

So, yeah, I'd be fine with actually stripping the rule down to being purely cosmetic, so no one has to DL medieval CC just to get through a generation. But to be honest, even if we change it, I'm still keeping it off my list. I really prefer to make my own decorating decisions, and we already have the Luxury goal, Expansionist and It's so You forcing you to change your house around.

Buckley
28th Dec 2011, 7:00 PM
Sounds really complicated, Buckley.

Oh, okay. Honestly I thought it would involve less work than the way we have it written. Where all you have to do is redecorate part of your house in the style of a different era.

...But yeah, it may be too open-ended.

So, yeah, I'd be fine with actually stripping the rule down to being purely cosmetic, so no one has to DL medieval CC just to get through a generation. But to be honest, even if we change it, I'm still keeping it off my list. I really prefer to make my own decorating decisions, and we already have the Luxury goal, Expansionist and It's so You forcing you to change your house around.
I totally know what you mean. The house related rules are really hard, and not in a fun way. I just thought the changes might make it more tolerable, but if it's still too much of a pain to play then I'm fine with leaving it alone.

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 7:03 PM

There are actually a few challenges like that out there.
It does seem more fitting to be its own thing, rather than trying to integrate it into this legacy. Especially since you could roll a very modern career to go along with this.
I never even pretended Phoenix was 'living in the past', she was just too poor to have electricity. Though that excuse got worn out when she became Fire Chief, lol.

Buckley
28th Dec 2011, 7:08 PM
Okay. :) No problem. Consider the idea dropped.

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 7:09 PM
One night Phoenix brought home a plasma ball, and Fox started screaming, so she decided the whole thing was a bad idea.

For real though, sims also use cell phones, no matter what, so... I would find it impossible to even pretend.

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 7:18 PM
LOL, Becky!
But the thing was, when they first got to town, they stayed in the fire station. With electricity and stuff. So playing the whole cartoon caveman schtick wouldn't work for me.

And yeah, cell phones, and the fact that the whole past thing is limited to your own house. You can use computers at the library (you'd have to if you got the author career, or had to write up reports as a cop.) My firefighter couldn't own a car, but could drive a fire truck for work (and did own one eventually, I just didn't put it on the lot.)

The real question is, should we even keep this rule? So far I'm the only one who has played it through for a whole generation. CDreams had it, but never got past the first few days of playing that generation. How many others have scratched it off their lists?

NutsAndDolts
28th Dec 2011, 7:22 PM
Yeah I understand why cartoon caveman would be silly. ^.^'

I personally think we should scrap the rule. If I ever rolled it, I said to myself "not today, some other time maybe..." and pretended it never happened. v.v

Buckley
28th Dec 2011, 7:24 PM
It's off my list. I'm too fond of that house you built for me Melissa to ever strip it down and make it old-fashioned. <3

ReyaD
28th Dec 2011, 7:58 PM
It's off my list as well. Frankly "Living in the Past" always made my head hurt, and I'd probably give up a generation rather than finish it if I tried to go through with Living in the Past.

AJH
28th Dec 2011, 8:55 PM
I did have an idea for living in the past, but it would only work if I got the right other rolls to go with it (particularly career rolls) so I'm kind of hoping I won't roll it

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 9:27 PM
Well perhaps you could keep it a bit but tweak it and rename it to a local power blackout? I like the idea of not being able to use electricity, and well I was intending to have a weird earthquake that would prevent them from using electricity...Strangely it would have taken a while generation before it returned Haha.

PS. For the authors without electricity....one of my first Sims 3 miss ever was the scribbling pad! Its great!

I didn't reroll btw because I just looked at the wrong category, so it wasn't living in the past, but perfectionist I rolled :) both number 16.

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 9:32 PM
I personally wouldn't play another 'no electricity' ever again. And blaming it on an earthquake would effect the whole town, not just your house. You wouldn't be able to go to the grocery store, etc, if the whole town had not electricity. Those are the kind of rules you get in apocalypse challenges.

I have the scribbling pad, too. But we can't require people to use CC, so if someone rolled author and living in the past, they could use computers at the library. The whole rule was kind of weird like that.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 9:37 PM
Lol yes that's why I said it was a WEIRD earthquake Haha only affecting your lot :p.

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 9:47 PM
Well, I don't think the rule needs to get any weirder. I think it's just going to get scrapped.

Klevkin
28th Dec 2011, 9:58 PM
Lol your right about that, I have to honestly say, without joking around, that I didn't like it all when I thought my rerollhad turned into that one, but it can give some interesting stories, but as said before, only if you perhaps roll it first gen or have some fittingrolls to go with it.....

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, that's the truth. The story I came up with for that roll was pretty good, but playing it out for the whole generation was tough. And with some careers the roll would be downright silly. Not necessarily in a 'that's a good story' sort of way.
Those kind of restrictions can be fun when they are in a challenge based around that lifestyle from beginning to end, or part of an apocalypse challenge where you gradually unlock services over time, but sticking it in the middle of a legacy where you are also rolling careers and other goals at the same time is just not fun.

CinderEmma
28th Dec 2011, 10:54 PM
I agree with scrapping the rule, it always seemed to be a dramatic change that doesn't really fit with the challenge.

And right now I'm trying to install the new custom world (here at MTS, it's awesome looking!), Jericho. Ugh, I can't stand multi file worlds!

calisims
28th Dec 2011, 11:36 PM
I'm looking at Jericho, too. AP has gotten very freezy & laggy for me. It has been since Kelsey's generation, but I've been in denial about it because I love my house and really don't want to move. Again. So I've just been quietly dealing with it.
But when I travel, I don't have any freezing or lagging in the travel worlds, so it's just so much more pronounced when I'm back in AP.
I haven't decided if I want to try to stick it out or move again.

Zokugai
29th Dec 2011, 2:54 AM
Do you have the replacement world file for AP? That fixed most of my lag issues. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=461424

I've downloaded Jericho...but I don't see the minor pets listed on their spawner map. So I haven't installed yet.

calisims
29th Dec 2011, 3:53 AM
Yeah, I used the fixes for AP. I didn't have lag at first, but by generation 2 I was getting lag. And not just lag, but really long freezes, several times per Sim day.

Also, you don't technically need minor pet spawners. Minor pets will also spawn in places where there are rocks/metals, insects and seed spawners. All of my pre-Pets worlds have minor pets spawning wherever there are other spawners.

Zokugai
29th Dec 2011, 4:11 AM
Custom worlds? Because EA did go in and add minor pets spawners to Sunset Valley, etc.

ReyaD
29th Dec 2011, 4:32 AM
Meadow Glenn has minor pet spawners and bird spawners. And I'm using the pre-pets version.

CinderEmma
29th Dec 2011, 6:01 AM
Yoga = Pain, but Yoga will = fitness.
*muscles sulk and whine for a bit*
I lasted 10 minutes though, which is amazing. I screwed up quite a few of the moves, but still, 10 minutes in any physical activity is A LOT for me. Because I am slothy :P But I want to tone myself up. NOT lose weight, I like my curves...they just need to be tamed a bit XD

GigaRevival
29th Dec 2011, 6:14 AM
Haha Emma. I'm in the same boat. I used to dance and play rugby and I was instructed to do a pilates/yoga mash-up for training... well it's been four years since then and recently decided to get back into my training schedule to get fit and such; I almost effing died the first couple of weeks. I felt like my muscles were rebelling against me. : / My body hates me right now.

CinderEmma
29th Dec 2011, 6:41 AM
Yeah, I never have been one to, you know, move :P Getting a low blood pressure diagnosis that got me out of gym just made it worse.
I think once I lose weight/tone/whatever this will do, it'll mostly stay that way. I gained a bunch of weight while on this one medication, and while I haven't lost more then 5 pounds in the year or so since I've been off of it, I haven't gained anymore either. So I have no reason to think I'll gain again if I stay away from those meds.

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 7:20 AM
I'm doing exercise/diet overhaul next year... Hope it lasts lol

Zokugai
29th Dec 2011, 7:51 AM
You and me both. I'm going into the police academy late next year, and when my instructors started casually mentioning how many people break bones every semester I went "uh....maybe I should get into better shape."

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 7:56 AM
I would be one of those people to break bones. I broke my toe moving my brothers bike, and fractured my wrist from skipping backwards (I was told to, I used to do gymnastics... Damn them). Mine is more 'I need to get healthy'...

Police academy is pretty impressive. There's a lot of things you have to pass physically here, so I'd assume it'd be just as tough there. Either that or we're slightly cruel.

ReyaD
29th Dec 2011, 8:18 AM
I'm not unhealthy weight wise, most of my health problems are genetic or because I was a premature baby. The pills I'm currently on are making me lose weight, but they also make me nauseaus and cranky as hell so I may switch out (Seriously, when you LOSE weight during winter break you know something weird is going on).

Oh hey Gen 5's starting.

5.1 - Do I Stay or Do I Go http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/51-do-i-stay-or-do-i-go.html

... Anybody else thinking of the Wild Thornberry's now? Stupid movie. (... *Hums along*)

Catherine just became a teen in game. Cyyk I love you so much. SHE IS GORGEOUS.

EDIT: Also Glimmer's sons seem to be 90% chin. Holy cow, Cali. You were right. THAT THING IS HUGE.

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 8:24 AM
I'm not unhealthy per se, I'm just not overly healthy either. Just need a health kick to reboot my shocking immune system... Tonsillitis 7 times a year, for at least 10 days each, not my idea of fun.

Klevkin
29th Dec 2011, 9:27 AM
gosh, i just lost 30 kg, no need for me to start dieting next year, i hope to be able to finish mine! (need 10 more kg to go). I do need to get sporting though, but i'd rather run then do yoga, though i am going to start a little bit of that with my wii balance board! (yay, exercise and games :P all in one!) Though i am saying that for a few weeks now........

gosh! i believe I have caught up to almost every legacy now! Teal, do you have one going on?? If so, which one?

I need to read Becky's and Ana's and i hope i'm not forgetting anyone then?? Please help me out y'all!

Zokugai
29th Dec 2011, 9:34 AM
Police academy is pretty impressive. There's a lot of things you have to pass physically here, so I'd assume it'd be just as tough there. Either that or we're slightly cruel.

Here the only physical requirement is a doctor's visit, which from what I understand is more to rule out life-threatening medical conditions. But we have abnormally high other requirements. A very strict background check, and requiring a college degree (which is highly unusual).

In terms of the physical, here we take much more of the approach of "hey, you can enter the academy all you want, doesn't mean you'll pass it."

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 9:39 AM
As far as I know here, there'd be a medical test and a physical test to prove you can keep up, and then the exams throughout the however long get increasingly worse, and you get 3 attempts to pass before you fail and have to leave... But just wanting to be a cop is pretty amazing.

And Klev, no, I don't have one, until I get my own laptop (which is slowly coming along) the stop/start playing was too time consuming...

Zokugai
29th Dec 2011, 9:52 AM
Well, I was/am a computer crime investigation major, so going for the academy additionally made sense, considering I was already taking courses on the academy campus, in the academy course list, just not getting academy credit for them.

I suppose I should get around to updating...

LadyAwesome
29th Dec 2011, 10:35 AM
So, I just made my first child pose WEEEEEEEEEEEE

AJH
29th Dec 2011, 10:52 AM
I've been on a health/exercise thing for a while now, I go swimming in my lunch hour with a colleague 3 times a week on average and go to the gym several evenings but it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on my weight/fitness which is a bit frustrating

LadyAwesome
29th Dec 2011, 11:49 AM
p.s pose failed...

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 11:54 AM
A lot of the time diet is a big part of weight loss, right balance of fruits, veg and protein... All the big fad (and incredibly unhealthy) weight loss thingys normally start with high protein. Swimming is really good for you though. I don't drive so I can never get to gyms/pools...

Klevkin
29th Dec 2011, 12:25 PM
p.s pose failed...

I take it you are trying to create them for yourself?? for pose player?? or something??

anyways, i'm sorry you failed!

EDIT: Just for all your information :) did you guys realize that TSR put up loads of subscribed items for free cause of christmas???

AJH
29th Dec 2011, 1:09 PM
A lot of the time diet is a big part of weight loss, right balance of fruits, veg and protein... All the big fad (and incredibly unhealthy) weight loss thingys normally start with high protein. Swimming is really good for you though. I don't drive so I can never get to gyms/pools...
I don't believe in the fad diets, they all seem to involve cutting out entire food groups and I don't see how that can be a balanced diet. I do try to eat healthily and I cook my food from scratch most of the time.

I don't drive either, but I'm lucky in that there's a gym/swimming pool in one of the hotels near where I work (city centre) which also runs as a gym with membership etc rather than just being for hotel guests, it's not a very big pool but it's easy walking distance from my job

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 1:15 PM
Oh I definitely don't believe in the fad diets. They make you lose weight quickly, but it doesn't teach anyone how to eat properly... And you're lucky, I live out in whoop whoop. Maybe the problem is you've been doing the same exercises so long that the body is used to it? That normally halts things, OR you've plateaued. Either way it means kicking it up a gear or two...

Klevkin
29th Dec 2011, 1:22 PM
Something that is also a possibility is that you're body is replacing fat with muscles :) and those weigh heavier then fat, so you seem to loose no weight, sometimes you even gain weight :)

AJH
29th Dec 2011, 1:24 PM
Oh I definitely don't believe in the fad diets. They make you lose weight quickly, but it doesn't teach anyone how to eat properly... And you're lucky, I live out in whoop whoop. Maybe the problem is you've been doing the same exercises so long that the body is used to it? That normally halts things, OR you've plateaued. Either way it means kicking it up a gear or two...
That could be it, I think come the new year I need to speak to one of the staff at the gym about improving my exercise regime and targeting it better. I have found all the exercise is fantastic for my mental health - I've suffered from depression on and off for a long time and working out seems to have the best effect on it of anything I've tried.

I must admit there are benefits to living in a city, but I do really miss the countryside where I grew up!

teal_moonshine
29th Dec 2011, 1:52 PM
Google 'Glass House Mountains, Queensland, Australia' and that's where I live lol. I can see 3 mountains from my house. Very quiet and no gyms or pools until next town over... Which I can't walk to.

AJH
29th Dec 2011, 2:01 PM
Google 'Glass House Mountains, Queensland, Australia' and that's where I live lol. I can see 3 mountains from my house. Very quiet and no gyms or pools until next town over... Which I can't walk to.
Wow, that's beautiful

calisims
29th Dec 2011, 2:08 PM
Custom worlds? Because EA did go in and add minor pets spawners to Sunset Valley, etc.

Yes, custom worlds. I picked up my first snake in Brooklyn Heights. Without adding any spawners myself.

Edit: Living in the Past has been killed.

Klevkin
29th Dec 2011, 3:02 PM
Birthday update! (http://cristlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/210-house-full-of-people-is-house-full.html) ... brace yourselfs...

ReyaD
29th Dec 2011, 5:49 PM
OH MY GOSH THE SEXYNESS!

*Dies*

Zokugai
29th Dec 2011, 7:35 PM
Yes, custom worlds. I picked up my first snake in Brooklyn Heights. Without adding any spawners myself.
Interesting...good to know.

Klevkin, stop doing that! Jedi superpowers are supposed to be used for the betterment of mankind, not magically having impossibly pretty toddlers. ;)

LadyAwesome
29th Dec 2011, 10:45 PM
Right my darlings I am off for new years will be back In 2 days ish :P xx these all kiss this bastard one good bye.

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 12:03 AM
Well my New Years is gonna be potentially eventful. Local bowls club, late night swimming, illegal fireworks and I've got a ticket in the lottery. $31mil and unlike a lot of other countries, if I win, I don't get taxed so it'd all me mine lol... I'll be biting my nails until I can check it.

CinderEmma
30th Dec 2011, 12:05 AM
We don't get taxed in Canada either, it's awesome :)

NutsAndDolts
30th Dec 2011, 2:36 AM
Oh... I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for starting my blog all the way back with the R&R legacy, Klevkin. <3

I'll probably be able to start playing sims again tomorrow. I had epic luck in PSO today, so I'm no longer pressed to hunt 24/7.

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 3:11 AM
So I've been editing the first few chapters of gen 5 aaaand I can't write romance. At all. I never realized it before but I actually cannot write a good romance story to save my life. How has this not come to my attention before?

... Anybody wanna help me out? >_>

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 3:20 AM
Read some cheesy romance novels and put your own stamp on it?

OR follow the stock standard rom-com method: boy meets girl, falls in love, royally screws it up than against all odds they work it out.

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 3:21 AM
But romance novels make me GAG. I want it to be realistic! ... which is practically impossible in a Sims lifespan setting.

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 3:23 AM
Write it how you would like to be woo'd?

NutsAndDolts
30th Dec 2011, 3:34 AM
Realistically, boy and girl decide they really really like each other enough to make sacrifices almost every day. Sacrifice a little time here, a little perfection there. Overlook this, forgive that. Constantly say "this is worth it" and "I love you." Because the things boy loves about girl happen to outweigh the things about her that suck.

That's for a working relationship though.

For a failed relationship, boy meets girl, boy thinks girl is perfect, boy eventually discovers girl isn't perfect, boy can't deal with it, girl becomes depressed, one of them ends the relationship.

Buckley
30th Dec 2011, 3:54 AM
LOL Becky. Story of my life! Except I'm usually the perfectionist with disappointed expectations. I need to work on that.

Cece, I suck at writing realistic romances as well. I'm far too influenced by the Disney Princess style. Speaking of, I just watch that stupid Disney movie "Tangled", and I cried. With tears and everything. I'm such a loser! :P

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 3:59 AM
I always cry at cartoons as well... Yet movie where everyone else cries I seem to be the heartless one lol.

I don't know what I am in a relationship, haven't been in one for 4 years, I've forgotten what it's all about. So if I ever wrote romance it would have a high cheese rating.

GigaRevival
30th Dec 2011, 5:11 AM
I can't write romances either. I just usually write banter and smash the love stuff in there somewhere. It's a hodge-podge of sarcasm and endearment... I guess.

Buckley: I cried when watching Tangled too. Totally unexpected, but yeah.

CinderEmma
30th Dec 2011, 7:07 AM
It's super hard to write relationships when you have NO EXPERIENCE! No kissing, flirting, ANYTHING. I think I'm guy-repellant or something :P

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 7:16 AM
Poor Boy, how come he's the wrong doing in a relationship :P (seriously, i can't read the word boy anymore without thinking of Boy.......)

@Becky, you are very very welcome ;' I was planning on reading only wrens story, but then i figured, I read pretty quick, and i love background storys and yours has mummys and keeps popping up in everybodys legacys :D But I can only restrain myself from commenting every few chapters or so :D so you will be seeing more of that haha.

@Cece, If you want help, I can help, i am almost ashamed to admit it........but do you guys know those pocket novels you can buy for little money in the supermarket?? Ehm...well, i own I think either close to or over 700 of those.......so if you want me to redirect or give tips or whatever......just message me :)
oh! and of course you can have Derrick!! IF you want I can upload him as a teen as well :) How could I refuse you the spawn of your own creation!

@colleen, well, I thought, because Ethan used to be a vampire, even though he isn't on the upload, he was perhaps carrying some hidden traits which makes his spawn be one as well? Angel's brother Lorenzo is one as well (he's in one of the birthday pics as well btw, the one over excitedly clapping at Derrick I believe! he just crashed, as did most of the people there cause i don't remember inviting most of them!). And well of course I snagged Ethan!! I loved him!! I have snagged loads of sims, but unlike some sims I snagged (coughanglestarrcough) Ethan is very well behaved and never gives SP reason to create pop ups about him......

@Zoku, your wish is my command :) I could reintroduce those Derrick genes in a few gens later, that is, if he will procreate :D depends on his partner choice i guess....oh and Ryan.........he has a bit rounder face :D but is hot in his own way :D I can't wait to see him as a teen!

Talking about Ryan, he rolled the wish to do a cardio training........so i bought him a tredmill, but he can't run on it?? so what do children do to work out?? Anybody knows??

Crying............oh no..............I cry about everything!! (when i'm sad, when i'm happy, when i'm mad) Specially since my two pregnancy's, I inherited it from my mother! It can be quite awefull, when we watch a sad movie, my husband tends to watch me rather then the movie and make notes on when I start to cry. The most ridiculous example he has of how bad my crying habit is, is that we watched a star trek movie once, in which the holo doctor created a holo family......and well, lets just say things didn't end good....and i cried, and he laughed!! (well about me that is.....) it was years ago and he still tells it! @ Giga,, I cried with the christmas episode of dr who a few days ago! Guess i'm all humany wumany as well...

EDIT: @Emma, i'm gonna say the most stupid thing ever, but seriously, it will come :D my sister in law has been single all her life until 2 years ago, she met someone on the net. She was I think 22 then.....(you were 19 right??? or am I mixing stuff up).

EDIT2: Uploaded teen version of Derrick on my blog Click here (http://cristlegacy.blogspot.com/p/downloadable-sims.html)

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 8:10 AM
I shall message you right away, Klevkin, but I think I've more or less managed to make the love story "okay" so far. Just had to re-write a couple scenes in earlier chapters and make Catherine say some totally inappropriate stuff at the dinner table.

And yes, I think the vampire trait can be passed on, maybe after the most recent patch. Because usually I have to add vampirism to sims, but when I added Sabina to the household she automatically vamp'd up before I could get a chance to click her. (Can anybody confirm/deny this?)

Kids can work out using the TV/radio. Not using the workout machines.

Crying: Lol my dad's a pussy. He cried during the Walking Dead season finale. My sisters and I saw it earlier (because he doesn't let the younger two watch) and I filmed his face because I KNEW he would start crying. He got so mad but it was SO worth it.

Romance: Well, I've been in a few (okay a lot) of relationships, but only one lasted longer than a month and thats the one that I couldn't leave because he kept threatening to kill himself. In my other relationships, as soon as they use the L word I take off. I've got commitment issues and I'm not afraid to admit it. So I guess its hard for me to write about falling in love when I've never actually been in love myself (At least I don't think so). I get attached to people, and I'm still friends with a lot of old flames, but I don't consider myself in love with them. I don't even really understand what love is so I tend to just BS it in stories. As long as I don't think about it too hard then I can write it passably. Which is (I think) what I managed to do in my current story arc.

... Started writing this at 11:35 pm. Finished past midnight. May as well post the next chapter.

5.2 - Assassination http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/52-assassination.html

Better picture of the vampire next chapter. I am in love with her. That's it really.

(And yes Klevkin, I want Derrick. Depending on the gender of my next heir, I may need more boys.)

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 8:21 AM
I was 'in love' with my first real boyfriend, until I realised I was 16, he was 21 and it wasn't really in love. Since then, no relationships but lots of flings... Good times, good times...

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 8:28 AM
Ah flings... <3 Nothing better than a good summer fling if you ask me. Especially since I'm never home in the summer. I can meet a guy, have some fun, and then never have to worry about seeing him again!

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 8:35 AM
I more have 'close male friends'. Mostly because summer is too hot to go on the prowl.

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 8:35 AM
Well derrick is uploaded :) so go get him! When he becomes a YA I will add that one too, like I did with Boy :).

Sabina?? I can put her in my game if you let me know who's she is and where to get her, to confirm that...

I think my husband just teases me because that way he won't have to watch sad scenes himself :D and i can surely understand why your dad got mad hahaha, but i would have done the same, we make fun of my mother as well :D

boyfriendwise......I don't think i can talk along about that........I met my husband when he was 19 and I was 15 (a week later I turned 16). So I am not actually experienced with relationships.....or flings........

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 8:37 AM
I'll add Sabina in a couple chapters. : P The only copy I have of her in my bin is her toddler version soooo I may need to go grab her aged up + traits version.

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 8:45 AM
well if you want me to see if the aging up into a vampire is correct.........it might be better to give me the toddler version??

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 8:52 AM
... When I boot up the game next.

(Oh and go empty out your inbox. I wrote out a beautiful, lovely PM and then it disappeared on me cause you have no room and now I'm sad.)

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 8:54 AM
oh :( now i'm sad as well :( i'll go and do that right away!

EDIT: DONE!! you can safely send me a PM now........

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 9:12 AM
ROFL!! My game just busted my story for the next chapter!

Boy had to go out again for social bunny, and I made the whole chapter up to the point that he and danya would go on a date, made the conversation of Lee offering to babysit etc.........and then, just as i am going to have them date, the game pops up the opportunity to go on a free holiday!! I guess Lee's offer going to last a bit longer then just one night......

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 9:16 AM
xD Don't you just LOVE it when things go better than planned?

I take Catherine over to the Xun-Crist house to get her to tease Dedric for still being a little boy... and in the time it took her to bike over there, he aged into a teen. A really handsome teen. She sees him... and rolls a wish to have her first kiss with him. Holy cow girl, he JUST aged up. Lets let him get a grip on puberty first, shall we?

Life father, like daughter is all I'm saying.

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 9:23 AM
well, you'd better nip it in the butt any descendant of my Boy (even in a diff game) doesn't deserve to be treated like sky was :P so you'd better make sure catherine knows she has to treat dedric right! *waves finger at catherine*

EDIT: Update, short but a bit wordy as well (http://cristlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/211-well-deserved-break.html)

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 2:50 PM
So, I'm thinking of pulling the plug on my current legacy.
AP has become mostly unplayable for me, and I just don't feel like moving my current family. I did come up with a story for moving my gen 7 heir, Kaiden, out when he becomes YA, but the constant freezing and lagging while he gets through his teen days is becoming too much for me.
And I'm sadly not excited enough by his roll to be motivated to start over with him in a new town.
I am more excited about rebuilding Riverview and starting a new legacy there.
The story I had in mind for Kaiden would require moving to a more urban location, and I was looking at Jericho by simsample, but that hood uses a lot of shells, which I hate because Sims get stuck in them. Even the laundromat and consignment store is in a shell basement.
So, there it is.

I haven't decided absolutely yet that I'm going to dump this legacy, but I'm also not able to continue playing for more than hour before the freezes and lag drive me to quit.

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 3:06 PM
Not sure how good a suggestion this is (its 1am here), but could always have it as 'x amount of generations later...', or something that would tie up the story arcs with Summerdream and whatnot

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 3:08 PM
Well the goal of this whole challenge is to have fun right? So if you don't enjoy playing anymore (even though it's because of glitches mostly) then who's to say you can't start over :)

At least you don't have a major cliffhanger atm :) you could just create a final chapter and then start over with something entirely new :)

ugh, trying to save my game..........guess what.........error 12!! I hope my last save wasn't to far away.......

Buckley
30th Dec 2011, 3:12 PM
I'm so sorry you are having so many issues Melissa! That's a really hard choice to make, but we will read your legacy no matter what you decide. <3

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 3:17 PM
Ha, teal, tieing things up with the Summerdreams is actually what my next legacy is going to be about, more or less, and is a big part of why I'm more excited about it than continuing this legacy. I won't be starting with a descendant of my current family, but with a descendant of Aymeri and Ico in Riverview. It will be several generations later, though, that's true.

Klev, I'm so sorry about error 12s. That's what killed my very first legacy.

GigaRevival
30th Dec 2011, 3:18 PM
Melissa: Noooo! Well, if you do decide to nix this legacy; I'll still be excited to read your next. ; )

Completely random, but I scored some free airline tickets; so I'm going to be gone for a while. I might pop in from wherever I'm staying and read everyone's updates, but my own legacy will be on hold for a while. I'll get back to it eventually. Also, wish me luck!

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 3:37 PM
Hey, that's great, Giga! Good luck and I hope you have fun wherever you travel!

And thanks for the support, everyone. It is a tough decision, and I've been struggling with it all week. But it has reached a point where I can't play it as it for more than hour, which is why I haven't had any updates despite not working at all this week. I've actually got less playing in despite having a ton of free time.

Buckley
30th Dec 2011, 4:15 PM
How fun, Giga! That sounds awesome! I'm going to miss your legacy though. =(

I'm feeling a bit down about my own legacy right now. I can't seem to find the motivation to play or write an update. I'm trying to work on my next chapter, but I keep getting distracted. Hopefully once I get it done I'll feel better, but right now I'm just... frustrated. I need to find my muse again, lol. Any takers? ;)

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 4:33 PM
Colleen, I was really loving where you were going with Faye, so I hope you find your muse again. But I know how you feel, since I'm kind of lacking motivation as well.

Zokugai
30th Dec 2011, 4:49 PM
You know, I think if it's a matter of the game being unplayable without a move RIGHT NOW you wouldn't be over the line to cheat up your heir to YA now. Or for instance Awesomemod (and I'm sure others) will let you move out teens by themselves (and they're perfectly capable of paying the bills on their own). Then you could take a bit to find a neighborhood that looked like it wouldn't be obnoxious like AP.

AJH
30th Dec 2011, 5:08 PM
ugh, trying to save my game..........guess what.........error 12!! I hope my last save wasn't to far away.......
I've been having that repeatedly recently, I'm actually thinking of moving my family but don't know where to.

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 5:12 PM
Yeah, I realize that, Zokugai. It's not just a matter of the game being unplayable right now, it's also a matter of the only story I like for why my heir would be moving would require moving to an urban neighborhood. And unfortunately I find the urban neighborhoods pretty unplayable with the shells that rap NPCs in the hidden areas. I'm not particularly motivated by my heir's roll to do that much work to play him. If I was really excited by his generation, I'd be working hard to get him there. But as it is, I don't have the motivation to load the neighborhood I'm in or to find one I could move him to that would also makes sense for the story.

So, yeah, it's not so much that continuing would be impossible, it just would require a bunch of work I'm not motivated to do. I am however motivated to work on the neighborhood for my next legacy, and I'm feeling held back on that from a feeling of duty towards carrying the current legacy through. Which means I'm just avoiding Sims and playing Dragon Age. If I let go of my current legacy, I can get back into Simming.

AJH
30th Dec 2011, 5:15 PM
It's super hard to write relationships when you have NO EXPERIENCE! No kissing, flirting, ANYTHING. I think I'm guy-repellant or something :P

I only met my first (and current) boyfriend when I was 27, before then I never really met any guy I was interested in enough to go out with, I know it sounds like a cliché but I think sometimes you just have to meet the right person.

Buckley
30th Dec 2011, 5:23 PM
If I let go of my current legacy, I can get back into Simming.
Well then, I hope you can let go of your current legacy Melissa. Cause I miss your updates. :)

Do you know why you are having such terrible lag? I'm worried now that there is something inherently wrong with AP. Or, even worse, something inherently wrong with Pets that causes horrible lag after a few generations. Ugh, the possibilities.

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 5:28 PM
Well Cali, I'd be sad to see you leave your current legacy, but I'd be more excited to read about Riverview.

Buckley, if you need a punch from the motivation fairy just PM me. : P First hit's free. No promise you'll like what I have to say though. I tend to hit the issues in the root.

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 5:36 PM
Well then, I hope you can let go of your current legacy Melissa. Cause I miss your updates. :)

Do you know why you are having such terrible lag? I'm worried now that there is something inherently wrong with AP. Or, even worse, something inherently wrong with Pets that causes horrible lag after a few generations. Ugh, the possibilities.

It might be routing issues, even though I used Ellacharm3d's fixes for AP. But I get a lot of notifications from Overwatch about stationary Sims. I reset them all, but the lags still come. I've used the register mod to get rid of all wild animals and strays, because I've heard they can be an issue, but I'm still getting the lag.
I have noticed that I get a major freeze every morning at 8:30am, M-F and I'm assuming that has to do with school. I use a routing fix mod to help with the school cluster, but even so, there's a major crowd in front of the school doors every day. I'm going to put two schools in my new Riverview.

AP is also kind of overpopulated for me right now. Every house is packed to the brim. I have two empty lots I was saving for homes for future spares, but every other space is a full house. I set my immigration requirements very high to keep more people from trying to move in, because I don't even have space for people to move out when they get married.

NutsAndDolts
30th Dec 2011, 6:05 PM
Got back to sims today. I am sad you will be abandoning your legacy, Melissa. =(

Are you sure you can't just re-roll for Kaiden, to re-spark your interest?

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 6:48 PM
Got back to sims today. I am sad you will be abandoning your legacy, Melissa. =(

Are you sure you can't just re-roll for Kaiden, to re-spark your interest?

It would have to be some really exciting roll to excite me about repopulating a new town a moving again, especially when it will just be for the last four generations, and I'm already working on a new town and population for my next legacy.

Unfortunately, the demotivation has already set in, and I don't think a new roll can get me excited about prepping another town that I know won't go past four more generations.

There's also the fact though you all haven't seen much of Kaiden yet to have any real sense of his character, I have a sense of who he is based on his roll and what his story was going to be, and a whole new roll at this point might not even be possible for me.

Anarathiel
30th Dec 2011, 6:59 PM
Hey guys, sorry i haven't been posting. I have been in a place of no laptopz. aka, my dad's house. Anyway I'm back now and am going to go and write chapter three up.
How is everybody doing?

Klevkin
30th Dec 2011, 8:01 PM
I think you have already made up your mind, so id say just go for it! create yourself a new legacy! I think if you are already demotivated its no use, and really we will keep reading! (also I'm curious about ico and aymeri spawn!)

And welcome back in the living world Ana :p

CinderEmma
30th Dec 2011, 8:17 PM
EDIT: @Emma, i'm gonna say the most stupid thing ever, but seriously, it will come :D my sister in law has been single all her life until 2 years ago, she met someone on the net. She was I think 22 then.....(you were 19 right??? or am I mixing stuff up).

Well, I am 19, not was 19 :P
I just don't know who will want somebody so inexperienced, not to mention the Autism stuff (which seems to rear it's awkward head when attempting to flirt). I'm just lonely, not to mention I'm hormonally desparate here! Bah!

Melissa, I understand your demovitation. Right now I'm not motivated to post, just to play. And not just my legacy. Which sucks for you guys! Just try to seek some form of resolution, since just suddenly ending the legacy would be sad :(

ReyaD
30th Dec 2011, 8:23 PM
Aren't there social functions for people with disabilities where you live? (I apologize if that came across weird)

Man I meet guys everywhere. School, line ups, in stores, the beach, swimming pool, cafeteria... Even one time at a Starbucks while he was working. The hardest part is always starting the conversation. A joke usually works great to break the ice.

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 8:37 PM
Emma, I will put together a final chapter of sorts before dropping this legacy. Since my plan was to move Kaiden and girlfriend out to the city to pursue careers, maybe I'll cheat age them up let them sail off into the sunset together.

I dated a lot lot lot of guys before I met my husband. And the way I met him...he nearly ran me over. I was about to yell at him for it, but I just looked into his pretty green eyes and smiled. Love at first sight. Later he admitted he'd been stalking me but hadn't got the courage up to talk to me. The almost running me over thing was an accident (he says) but he knew exactly where I'd be that time of the morning every day.

CinderEmma
30th Dec 2011, 8:37 PM
Yeah, but it's hard because my level of functioning is at the point that I'm not quite "normal", but I'm more high-functioning then any of the Aspergers/Autistics I've met.
Getting out of the house more will help too. I know this, and yet I grow pale as I live my life in the basement :P

Buckley
30th Dec 2011, 9:03 PM
Aww, Melissa. That's such a sweet story!

Have you all seen the new "fantasy" style trees that came with the latest patch? They're, um, interesting to say the least. I don't know what the point is, really. Here's a picture of them ungraciously plopped in an empty lot in AP:
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/colleen_davis/Screenshot-441.jpg
o_O Interesting may be too nice. I guess if you want a very fantastical look, they might come in handy. Or something.

calisims
30th Dec 2011, 9:32 PM
Not too long ago the official site had a poll up that asked about alien themes. There was no 'no thank you' answer, it was all, "would you rather have an alien colony on another planet, or be shipwrecked on an alien planet?'
So anyway, there has been a lot of speculation about what EA is planning around this alien world theme, and whether these new trees are related to it.

AJH
30th Dec 2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, but it's hard because my level of functioning is at the point that I'm not quite "normal", but I'm more high-functioning then any of the Aspergers/Autistics I've met.
Getting out of the house more will help too. I know this, and yet I grow pale as I live my life in the basement :P
The best thing I can recommend Emma is to do things you enjoy and meet/get to know people who enjoy the same things.

I met my boyfriend via an online cricket club, he actually spent some months on the forum trying to get me to notice him, at some point we started chatting privately, met up at a cricket match and went from there

NutsAndDolts
30th Dec 2011, 11:09 PM
Patches contain items now? o.o

I have yet to patch.

Zokugai
30th Dec 2011, 11:16 PM
Well, there's always keeping the savefile around but not actively playing it. I don't see a rule about starting a new legacy before you finish the previous one. :) Might make it easier to, hm, "move on" if you're just putting it on hiatus, not finishing it entirely. And if you never get around to going back to it...problem solved. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

About the alien trees, they added one scifi-ish window too. No matching door or anything, just a random window. And there are a couple terrain paints and I think a wallpaper? There's some crystal-themed stuff I don't recognize from before the patch. It's like they went "Hey we should add some alien stuff...deadlines? What are those? What do you mean the Pets patch is releasing today?" The problem with them is they don't match ANYTHING. A couple (JUST a couple) of the trees are actually kind of pretty...except for when you set them down next to some normal Appy Plains trees and they look horribly out of place.

>_> I met my boyfriend because he mentioned when he gets drunk alone he emails inappropriate photos to people who annoyed him and I called his bluff, except he wasn't bluffing. That set the mood for the relationship, I think.

Yay, four conversation subjects at once!

teal_moonshine
30th Dec 2011, 11:29 PM
I patched, but never got around to looking for new things... And I haven't been able to play for 2 weeks. It's killing me.

And I've gotten guys attention before, I definitely wouldn't class myself as overly pretty, but I seem to have a knack for talking to guys, so I've always started off as a friend, then they get this weird notion that because I wear glasses and wear high waisted skirts that I MUST fit the librarian fantasy they all have... So its not all about flirting. Being a bartender seems to help, but their all drunk and you're the one controlling their alcohol supply so they gotta be nice.

GigaRevival
30th Dec 2011, 11:43 PM
^Ha! Former bartender here as well. A very - erm- interesting way to meet men and women, to say the least. I used to work doubles at this one bar downtown and then another in an upstate, nice area - one of which was a gay bar - and I would get hit on by married business men in one (blargh) and lesbians in the other. Or roaming straight men who visited lesbian bars to pick up women or watch the action (ahem). It was fun.

I'm sort of with a few others here in admitting that I'm losing interest/motivation with my legacy. Harper/Cedric's generation just seems to be lagging on forever with no end and I really haven't planned anything past the crazy vampire plot prior (and only minimally planned generation four). So yeah...

Melissa: Whatever you decide to do, I'll be excited to read it - I'm pretty sure I already said/wrote that, but I'm saying/writing it again dag-nammit. Also, DA really does work for distraction; doesn't it? (I used it to avoid homework at all costs the past two semesters. I have about six started games of me just fooling around in the character creation scene).

calisims
31st Dec 2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, previous patches have thrown in the occasional wallpaper, but this one has a small pack of scifi trees and stuff out of nowhere. I was thinking it might be fun to drop some of those under the big glass dome thing near the science lab. I blame MorcuCorp.

@Giga, DA is excellent for distraction. And I have been really wanting to get this character through Origins so I can import to DA2 and finally get the drunken Alistair encounter.
But I have been trying to focus bit more on getting Riverview in shape for a new legacy, now that I've decided to do it.

Buckley
31st Dec 2011, 12:25 AM
How is your Riverview revamp going Melissa? Are you completely starting from scratch or just renovating a few lots? Or should I wait and find out in your new blog? :)

ReyaD
31st Dec 2011, 12:29 AM
I think some spoiler photos would cheer everyone up about the end of your Roman legacy blog : D

So I'm actually re-doing Bridgeport for a vacation lot for one of my upcoming generations... how long did it take you to re-do Riverview? I imagine yours would be a lot harder than my over-do, but I'm just curious.

NutsAndDolts
31st Dec 2011, 12:30 AM
I could always use just a little bit more weird in my own legacy too, lol.

ReyaD
31st Dec 2011, 12:48 AM
Perhaps a glimpse into Sparkle Lord's evil lair? :D

calisims
31st Dec 2011, 12:55 AM
It's going slowly right now. I'm doing pretty much a complete overhaul of the town.
So, I don't know how long it will be before I'm ready to play in it. I'll try to get some pics up when I've got something worth showing.
I'm using Hunter Cottoneye's bunker, the lot I used for MorcuCorp's secret lab where they were holding Tania and Auberon, that Aymeri later destroyed, as the junkyard.
The weird new trees might even find a place somewhere, since the town has been established by fae types in this incarnation.

Buckley
31st Dec 2011, 1:14 AM
I know this has been asked before, but I can't remember your answer. Do y'all prefer one long, meaty chapter, or two short, dainty chapters? I can either publish my next update now and then write another short one tomorrow or Sunday or one just do one extra long chapter on Sunday. Decisions, decisions.

CinderEmma
31st Dec 2011, 1:24 AM
I think we said we don't care, that both are good :) I like dainty myself, as they make me feel less self-concious about my own short chapters :P

Zokugai
31st Dec 2011, 1:48 AM
and see, I prefer long, because it makes me feel less silly when I post a novel for Altin. :D

ReyaD
31st Dec 2011, 2:19 AM
I prefer short because sometimes... thats all you can do.

>_> Plus I have a 12 photo chapter coming out soon that I feel self conscious about, even though its my favourite chapter so far.

teal_moonshine
31st Dec 2011, 2:29 AM
Well look at it like any book? They vary greatly in chapter length. I read one where the chapter was 1 page long, then the next was at least 20...

Buckley
31st Dec 2011, 3:05 AM
I'll post it. 17 photos, a third of of them with two lines of text or less. Pretty short, imo.

Chapter 2.6: Our Faye

http://themckinleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/chapter-26-our-faye.html

CyyKosis
31st Dec 2011, 3:14 AM
Yay back home at last... I met my current boyfriend a few years back because he drunkenly shoved (playfully, not forcefully) me almost into a pool at a college formal just because he had never seen me before and because he unlike the rest of the party, I hadn't started drinking yet. He was wearing swim trunks, sneakers with no socks, a trench coat, and a fedora... and before I could respond, his friend in a banana costume tackled me the rest of the way into the pool. It was a scene I will never forget <3.

Now I'm off to read an ungodly amount of updates :) I will update the program to remove Living in the Past within the next hour or so!

CinderEmma
31st Dec 2011, 4:19 AM
Wow, that is one interesting meeting Maddie 0_o

I just found out that my mom's cousin stabbed my great grandmother (named Faye). I already knew I'm directly related to Lizzie Borden, which was bad enough.
You know, the one from the ryhme: Lizzie Borden took an axe, and gave her mother forty whacks. When she saw what she had done she gave her father forty-one.

With my sociopath father (I'm convinced that he is, don't want to discuss why at the moment), I'm surprised I'm not insane or something. Then again, both my mom and I have more anxiety/depression stuff then one should, so maybe there is more of a biologicial part to it then I wanted (I don't want my future babies to suffer).

Buckley
31st Dec 2011, 4:40 AM
Woah, Emma. I'm so sorry. Is she going to be okay? (Or were you saying that some time ago, your mom's cousin did that?)

Apparently I'm somehow related to James Buchanan, 15th president of the United States and widely regarded by many historians as one of the worst leaders in our country's history. He was the dude right before Abraham Lincoln... ... ...The one who failed to stop the Civil War from occurring.

Yeah. I'm not sure I should be bragging about that.

CyyKosis
31st Dec 2011, 4:41 AM
Holy shit Emma, that's crazy, I'm sorry :(

http://sperierandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/chapter-41-forgotten.html

teal_moonshine
31st Dec 2011, 4:46 AM
I know VERY little about my ancestry... Just that it's German on my dads side. And we're either related to Robert Louis Stevenson author of Treasure Island or someone who had something to do with the invention of the steam engine or ste train... Something with steam...

CinderEmma
31st Dec 2011, 4:55 AM
A looooong time ago! No no, nobody's been murdered lately (stabbed to death, not just a nice alive stabbing).

CyyKosis
31st Dec 2011, 5:29 AM
My ancestor invented the coach (horse and buggy) which was named the cart of Kocs (the town they were from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kocs). Their surname was taken from the name of the town and their invention and was later Americanized when they arrived here. I think that's pretty cool :)

CyyKosis
31st Dec 2011, 5:39 AM
Updated the roller to not include "Living in the Past". I also removed the optional pets goal roll because it's optional and depending on the animal you chose, some goals aren't possible (horse-->fighter) AND we are still contemplating whether or not they are possible at all. Anywho, here ya guys go!

CinderEmma
31st Dec 2011, 6:23 AM
I wish I had some cool dead relatives. Instead of insane, lol
Apparently my grandmother (who I'll never meet) is proud of having Lizzie Borden as a relative. I don't know her, but I definitely think she has issues 0_o

ReyaD
31st Dec 2011, 8:21 AM
I uh... I have some relatives I shouldn't talk about, so i won't. And most of them are still alive so I'll be keeping mum about that.

On my dad's side I'm related to the Spanish Royal Family. Unfortunately its the side that was disowned. (Thanks, DAD)

Update:

5.3 - What you Want http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/53-what-you-want.html

Zokugai
31st Dec 2011, 9:33 AM
My father's pet obsession is genealogy. So I know too much about my dead family. You know the Scottish king from MacBeth? The one that got killed horribly in a twist everyone saw coming? Yeah, I've got that guy in my family tree, or at least the guy the story was based on. On the other hand, I've also got Robert the Bruce, the guy from Braveheart. The guy who wasn't Mel Gibson (I always have to add that >_>; ). So I'm hoping the "consistent winner" genes outweigh the "wow you suck" genes.

ll
31st Dec 2011, 11:16 AM
It's official! I've started Generation Two! *Sigh* I'm so far behind everyone else that it's kind of depressing.

MY CHALLENGE NOTES:

I focused a lot more on the story than the challenge per se. I played a lot in saved games for the story, so it doesn't really match what happened in the legacy challenge real save. For instance, Ryder spent his teen years mostly doing nothing but studying mixology, doing homework and going to school. Yawn, yawn, boring... I did manage to have him chat with Layla and Scarlet, so he's a two star celebrity. I'll have to earn the rest to complete generation 1 five-star celebrity roll. All the kids have the brave trait, so that's taken care of.

Marina kept being demoted from her job because I was playing with her somewhere else, Theo was also demoted a couple of times before I noticed a mod I installed was preventing him from entering the criminal rabbithole. He did okay after that, he's just started in the law enforcement career, as a snitch.

My biggest cheat was age, I think. I kept suspending their aging while I played with other families, so they've earned more money than they should have. I'm thinking of having Ryder start fresh, with little or no money, to compensate for that.

Cheats and consequent epic fail aside, I had a lot of fun with generation one and I'll try to do better challenge-wise for generation two.

Wilde Legacy Update: Chapters 56 and 57 (http://wilde-legacy.blogspot.com/2011/12/wilde-legacy-chapter-56.html)

Klevkin
31st Dec 2011, 11:35 AM
ARGH! I go to sleep at work, I wake up and i come back to this??? I must have woken up in a different reality or something! (or perhaps its just the board changing subjects way to quick again!)

my head is overflowing, lol sorry bout above haha.

II, chapter 56 - 57 and just reached gen 2??? :D thats a very long story!! Worth reading i'd guess, you'r next on my "to read" list :D (that is, when I finished Becky's r&r legacy and her current one!)

So ehm, nobody going to celebrate the new year coming tonight?? (or perhaps some of you all are already in the new year??)

EDIT: Emma, just wanted to say, I work with people with autisme (among many other psychiatric disorders), and there are a lot of them that do have a relation, it might be harder to get and/or keep one, but it sure as hell doesn't make it impossible :)

EDIT2: As for meeting my husband...........he kind of bought me from a friend of mine............for 2 camels and a pregnant goldfish :beer:

calisims
31st Dec 2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for updating the roller, Maddie! I linked the new version up on the legacy blog.

NutsAndDolts
31st Dec 2011, 1:27 PM
I had an ancestor named Oden Wetherell (my great-grandfather's great-grandfather). Pronounced Odin Weather-Ell. And that's damn cool.

Other than that I know very little about my deceased kin; I feel they honestly have little to do with me, especially when it comes to their various nationalities.

I'll admit perhaps a sociological link to my ancestors. Each one must have had SOME impact on the behavior of the next generation. What was it House said? All parents traumatize all children? Actually I think he used the F-word. Same difference.

teal_moonshine
31st Dec 2011, 2:08 PM
Well it's New Years here. The illegal fireworks going off in my street are always my favourite. *insert something poetic about the coming of a fresh year*

Anarathiel
31st Dec 2011, 11:13 PM
Happy new year everybody. Here we have just 48 mins until its officially 2012!
Unfortunately i am experiencing writer's block. maybe the new year will bring an end to that

NutsAndDolts
31st Dec 2011, 11:47 PM
Happy new year, everyone. =)

CinderEmma
31st Dec 2011, 11:48 PM
It's still New Year's Eve for me :)

Zokugai
1st Jan 2012, 6:34 AM
So, I drove home tonight and was greeted by one of the neighbors' seven year old child playing with an open bonfire on their driveway unattended. Who needs illegal fireworks when you have illegal fire?

Klevkin
1st Jan 2012, 7:49 AM
A happy new year to everyone and the best wishes and loads of inspiration and that everyone may find their muse!

@zoku, don't get me started on that sort of stuff.....sometimes i think the whole world is crazy! (except for me of course, i'm perfectly sane!)

Zokugai
1st Jan 2012, 9:13 AM
Ugh. Tell me about it. At the time what I noticed was that it was like two feet from the wall of his house (mind you, the flame was taller than that and it gets very windy here at night). It didn't even occur to me until I had gotten home that the kid's parents weren't anywhere to be seen. If I had noticed that at the time I probably would have pulled over and bitched them out.

Yeah, I don't get along with my neighbors. Can you tell?

CinderEmma
1st Jan 2012, 9:14 AM
Great, I have some allergic reaction to something, and I'm all hive-y. :(
I've taken expired children's benadryl, but I'm still itchy (and panicked, this has never happened to me before)
Then I managed to kill the spectic system again :( What a lovely discovery with the freaking hives and stomach pain of dooom!
Hugs anybody?

Klevkin
1st Jan 2012, 9:27 AM
*hugs for emma*

whats a spectic system?

CinderEmma
1st Jan 2012, 9:51 AM
Maybe I used the wrong term, but my toliet backed up, and ALL the pipes (sinks mostly) leaked water all over the house.
Hives are better, still really itchy though

Klevkin
1st Jan 2012, 10:13 AM
oh! Septic! :D nah, its just me not being english not catching the typing error :D and I get those simlike pictures in my head now with the toiler overflowing, and the floor filled with puddles waiting for you to mob them up :) But it sucks though!

don't you have something with AloŽ Vera in house?? it's very helpful against itching (as long as theres no perfume in it).

LadyAwesome
1st Jan 2012, 10:36 AM
Anyway I am back, and I got to see a penguin (in the middle of summer) and dolphins swimming it makes me happy :)

AJH
1st Jan 2012, 2:46 PM
Happy New Year everyone

I'm afraid my legacy is going on hold for a little while (I'm trying to sort out the error 12's)

Zokugai
1st Jan 2012, 4:05 PM
Eek, that sucks, Emma. They aren't going to have to dig down to it to fix it, are they? Because that costs a ton.

Klevkin
1st Jan 2012, 4:45 PM
Happy New Year everyone

I'm afraid my legacy is going on hold for a little while (I'm trying to sort out the error 12's)
ugh that sucks, besides the one i mentioned earlier I haven't had it pop up anymore. In a previous game I had them almost all the time. What helped then was moving to a diff town.......but thats not something you always want to do...

calisims
1st Jan 2012, 5:08 PM
Ali, that does suck.
Error 12s happen frequently when you have a very large save file and your PC doesn't have enough RAM to save it. I used to get those all the time with my old PC, now with my new beast, I don't get them.
Beyond getting a new computer, you can try to reduce your game size by playing a smaller neighborhood with less people. If you use Twallan's Story Progression, try turning off some of the functions that aren't crucial. It's also best to not travel if you are getting error 12s, because having the travel worlds attached to your town adds bloat.

AJH
1st Jan 2012, 5:55 PM
Ali, that does suck.
Error 12s happen frequently when you have a very large save file and your PC doesn't have enough RAM to save it. I used to get those all the time with my old PC, now with my new beast, I don't get them.
I've got 4GB of RAM, but my CPU isn't very good

I've got a plan for reducing the size of the save file but it's going to take a while before I know if it will work

I am slightly tempted to just move them to a new, smaller, world, but then I'd need to find a suitable one and all the ones I've looked at recently have been too citified for my liking

ReyaD
1st Jan 2012, 6:07 PM
A pretty short chapter, all things considered, but most definitely one of my favourites so far.

5.4 - Vacation http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/54-vacation.html

And for all my partiers out there... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-MpVSmFtg)

AJH
1st Jan 2012, 8:14 PM
Actually, change of plan, I've just had a great idea for a storyline for making my sims move so if I can find a nice medium rural world to move them to I'll do that

calisims
1st Jan 2012, 9:22 PM
Actually, change of plan, I've just had a great idea for a storyline for making my sims move so if I can find a nice medium rural world to move them to I'll do that

My Sim Realty has some nice rural worlds.
Good luck with your move! I hope it works out.

AJH
1st Jan 2012, 9:55 PM
My Sim Realty has some nice rural worlds.
Good luck with your move! I hope it works out.
I've just been looking at them, there's one called Dragon Falls which looks quite nice, the other one I liked the look of is Meadow Glen which I think someone else is using?

CyyKosis
1st Jan 2012, 11:14 PM
I almost used dragon falls! It's beautiful. A lot of us use the same neighborhoods so feel free to use whatever you'd like!

CinderEmma
2nd Jan 2012, 12:29 AM
No, I've had the septic people in before, but this time it seems to be alright now? Besides the dirty water I had to clean up everywhere?
And yes, I made a typo. It was 3 in the morning and I had water everywhere and hives. Do you blame me?
The hives have GONE, yay :) But I don't know what caused it :(

Tamlyn
2nd Jan 2012, 1:00 AM
My sister and her partner were meant to be coming over for a holiday starting last night, but their flight was cancelled, the later flight all booked out, and there wasn't another until tonight :( So had to cancel dinner booking and rearrange plans etcetera.

The plus side to this, and the one relevant to this thread, is it meant I wrote some of a chapter instead. So I might actually put out a second chapter sometime this century!

NutsAndDolts
2nd Jan 2012, 1:11 AM
New year, new update.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/chapter-65-feeling-or-lack-of-it.html

It's short because I feel bleh and I'm busy.

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 3:48 AM
I have Dragon Falls, it's pretty nice. Sort of a cross between an island resort and a forested area. In terms of appearance alone I still think Appaloosa is the best rural town though.

ReyaD
2nd Jan 2012, 4:00 AM
Have you guys seen Union Cove yet? The photos look beautiful and I just downloaded it. Playing my legacy right now but daaaaamn. So tempted to check out my new town instead. Stupid lack of a buffer >_>.

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 4:09 AM
Not yet, is it on My Sims Realty? I'm still trying to find an excuse to play Grey Meadow in more depth.

ReyaD
2nd Jan 2012, 5:03 AM
Actually it can be found here. (http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/) Just from a few minutes of playing I found the world to be really well made and just so... beautiful. (But I'm a sucker for big, open, and relatively easy to understand layout : P)

However in the houses I looked at, I noticed that not many hosted enough beds relative to the size of the house, and there weren't very many cheap houses, which could cause problems for a legacy game. But those are always easy to fix.

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 6:21 AM
That would upset Story Progression, too...

Buckley
2nd Jan 2012, 6:27 AM
Happy New Year, guys! :beer:

I have a new update, but I think I'll wait and publish it tomorrow. So I can proofread it when it's not 12:30 in the morning, lol.

Zoku, when are we going to get another update from you?! I want more Altin! :)

ReyaD
2nd Jan 2012, 6:37 AM
Agree with Buckley whole heartedly. I need my little thief boy. I miss him and his silly zebra! D :

On the topic of silly things... friggin CC issues are back. *Eye twitch* What I've been doing for the last 2 hours:

Open game -> swear like a trucker -> toggle (on/off) advanced rendering -> save & quit game -> Open game -> Swear like a trucker -> toggle (on/off) advanced rendering -> save and quite game -> rinse -> lather -> repeat

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 6:39 AM
Ugh. I know. But playing with effectively half of "my" Appaloosa Plains is so awkward I'm having trouble getting my screenshots.
After I manage to
move out of the town in a chapter or two (or maybe one in two parts) it'll go back to normal.

I've got a medical semi-emergency with one of my cats that necessitates a long vet visit tomorrow, but I'll get a chapter up tomorrow night or Tuesday.

You should totally let me get away with taking so long to post a chapter, though, considering I talked a friend of mine into starting a random legacy today. Oh yes.

Buckley
2nd Jan 2012, 6:45 AM
Oh no, Zoku! I hope your cat is going to be okay! No rush on the chapter, I just wanted to make sure it was coming eventually. :)

Edit:

Did you ever decide which town to move to?

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 6:50 AM
I'm writing it now. ;) Might not finish it tonight, depends on whether I need to go ingame for more pictures.

He doesn't seem to be in immediate danger. His jaw's swollen up and stiff for some reason, and he seems to have lost one of his teeth. I think maybe he got into a fight with the other cat and got hooked and tore his tooth out or something, and the swelling's from the traumatized gums. But he's yawning and meowing and eating without any noticeable problem, and it's not giving him any difficulty breathing, so it's just a matter of having the bad timing to occur on a federal holiday when the vet's office is closed.

To your edit:
Yeah, Grey Meadow. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/249858.page The semi-industrial look is a lot more suitable for the story than Aspen Islands is, and it's got enough of a rural area that having horses won't be weird.

It was pretty much a tossup between that and the creator's other world, Fortress Rock, but I wasn't sure I wanted to trust a world still being beta tested with a legacy family.

EDIT: And now that I check I see the final's coming out tomorrow so now I don't know which I'll go with. One of the two.

CinderEmma
2nd Jan 2012, 6:51 AM
I have no excuse about not updating, except I don't want to. And I don't know when my motivation will come back, I feel so lackluster lately about sims and all that. Maybe I just need some more time in the "real world".

Buckley
2nd Jan 2012, 7:05 AM
Aww, I'm sorry Emma. Why do you feel so down on Sims right now? Have you been playing too much or something? I hope you get your groove back!

Tamlyn, I didn't notice your post earlier, but I'm sorry to hear about your sister's flight. That sucks royally! Did she ever make it?

Zoku:

That's right! I forgot you showed us that world earlier. Have you played in it much? I mean, does it route well, play well, etc? I'm always looking for new worlds to explore.

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 7:11 AM
I've messed around in it a bit with other sims, but not beyond first generation play. Seems to be stable, and it's quite pretty. The creator included a lot of neat details with the landscape and lot placement. A couple of the empty lots aren't completely flat like I'd prefer but there's an awful lot of them so it hasn't been an issue. It comes pre-populated iirc so the only problem with it is if you happen to really dislike the sims included, and I have yet to see any really hideous or anything. Might need to move out the moved-in sims if they can't fit in with a legacy storyline though.

CinderEmma
2nd Jan 2012, 7:41 AM
To be fair, I've been playing, but not for fun. More to escape. Which is never a really good then, especially for me. I'm not depressed, just...bah. Which isn't depressed to me, depressed is like a whirlwind of agony. Which believe me, isn't fun.

ReyaD
2nd Jan 2012, 7:42 AM
I just found out my old best friend from high school died from cardiac arrest this morning. I hadn't talked to her in months because she made some bad decisions and I didn't want to be associated with her. Now I feel like a terrible person because the last thing I want to do right now is talk to her family even though I used to be at her house every day of the summer when we were kids.

CinderEmma
2nd Jan 2012, 7:48 AM
I disagreed because that's horrible :( *hugs* I've cut people off that were unhealthy for me, and while none have died yet, I can kind of empathize with how hard it must be to remember the person you used to know and the person you last saw before she died. *hugs again*

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 7:55 AM
*hug* Oh Cece, that is horrible. There's no reason for you to feel obligated to deal with her family right now, even if you hadn't been out of contact with her lately. They should understand that things were complicated enough that you want to work through it by yourself first. And if they don't, shame on them.

Buckley
2nd Jan 2012, 8:03 AM
*big hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss, Cece. I agree with Zoku... Do whatever feels right for you. *more hugs*

Zokugai
2nd Jan 2012, 8:34 AM
So, uh, short chapter up. Just filler, really. The next one -- which I'll get up tomorrow evening -- should run pretty long so this one had to be separate. Also if I included tomorrow's chapter I'd have to change my witty chapter titles.

Chapter 5: Departures (http://snickersonlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/gen-1-chapter-5-departures.html)

EDIT: Cece, check your PM.

AJH
2nd Jan 2012, 10:36 AM
I almost used dragon falls! It's beautiful. A lot of us use the same neighborhoods so feel free to use whatever you'd like!
It is very beautiful, I had a look around half of it last night and it's very nicely put together, the only problem being that I haven't found a house large enough for my family.

I'm not worried about using the same neighbourhood as anyone else, I was thinking more along the lines that anyone who has used Meadow Glen could tell me a little about how well it plays

I just found out my old best friend from high school died from cardiac arrest this morning. I hadn't talked to her in months because she made some bad decisions and I didn't want to be associated with her. Now I feel like a terrible person because the last thing I want to do right now is talk to her family even though I used to be at her house every day of the summer when we were kids.
That's terrible *big hugs*

NutsAndDolts
2nd Jan 2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry, Cece. =(

ReyaD
2nd Jan 2012, 6:47 PM
Thank you every one for the hugs and sympathy.

I managed to finish one chapter before I got the news so I'll post it now. And hopefully my next one won't be too delayed. There isn't a lack of want in me to play Sims, but I know my family won't be leaving me alone for more than five minutes until my friend's funeral. Honestly, I hadn't spoken to her in months before her death, and I'm just hoping people will accept that while her death made me incredibly sad, I don't want to spend the rest of my year grieving over someone everyone knew would die soon (She had many major health issues).

5.5 - I Think I Love You http://sabolegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/55-i-think-i-love-you.html

Buckley
2nd Jan 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not happy with it, but here it is. My next update.

Chapter 2.7: Vulnerable

http://themckinleylegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/chapter-27-vulnerable.html

ReyaD
3rd Jan 2012, 12:17 AM
This took way too much time and effort to update, and totally isn't worth it.

So obviously I will be continuing and probably updating once a week or after major play sessions.

http://sabomgfamilies.blogspot.com/2012/01/jan-212-update.html

pandapaws
3rd Jan 2012, 1:09 AM
Hi :) I've been a lurker of this thread/legacy (and all your blogs...) for the LONGEST time so I finally thought I'd bite the bullet, make a real account and ask a question...

I just finished my first 10gen legacy and blog and am trying to populate a new neighbourhood for my second. I hear you guys talking about 'uploading' certain Sims all the time and since you all have some awesome, gorgeous people I was wondering where exactly you upload them to? Maybe it's a stupid question but give me your pretty Sims!! :) Somewhere along the line I'm sure it was said but I probably missed it.

Thankies in advance <3

calisims
3rd Jan 2012, 1:11 AM
Well, I've decided to not abandon the Roman legacy after all.
I did cheat age up Kaiden early so he could move to a new town as a YA.
And here's the update:

http://romanrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/chapter-50-into-sunset.html

Hopefully there will be less lag, even if there's more smog in L.A.

calisims
3rd Jan 2012, 1:13 AM
Here you go, pandapaws:

http://rluploads.blogspot.com/

And welcome to the challenge! It would be awesome if you would share the link to your blog(s), too!

Buckley
3rd Jan 2012, 1:16 AM
Hi pandapaws! Cute name! I don't know if saying "welcome to the challenge" is appropriate or not, considering you've already played through an entire legacy! Wow!

You can find our uploaded Sims at this link:

http://rluploads.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure if you read my blog or like my Sims, but if you want any of my Simmies, just ask. I'm happy to upload whoever for you, as I only upload them on request. :)

Edit: Lol, Melissa. Beat me to it! :)

Edit2: Well, Melissa said it, so I will. Welcome to the challenge, pandapaws! :D

CinderEmma
3rd Jan 2012, 1:57 AM
Welcome to the challenge :) I would love to see your first legacy too :)

*still glares at my own legacy*

CyyKosis
3rd Jan 2012, 2:09 AM
Welcome Panda! (I'm watching Kung Fu Panda 2 right now :P ) I can't wait to read your blog! :)

Buckley
3rd Jan 2012, 3:02 AM
How old is the oldest Sim you've ever had/seen? In terms of the number of days they've lived past their expiration date. I was just looking at my town, and I have three Sims (including Ryder) who are over 130 days old... On a 100 day life span. I'm beginning to wonder if my town is screwed up or something. Have you guys ever heard of a glitch where some of your elders just never die? It's really strange and quite worrisome. I don't want to have to move. Again.

When a Sim dies of old age, it's completely random, right? Like a flip of the coin? So, in theory, a Sim could live forever if they're just that lucky. Maybe Ryder (and Jed too, haha) are just really, really lucky. Hmm... Thoughts?

Edit: And thanks, Becky, for helping me remember. :)

CyyKosis
3rd Jan 2012, 3:05 AM
I almost did... S and TIm were right around there at the end, maybe a little less and my span is set to 90 days.

Zokugai
3rd Jan 2012, 3:47 AM
I've seen 115, 120 on a 90 day lifespan before.

CyyKosis
3rd Jan 2012, 4:08 AM
I just want to let all of you know that I'm not abandoning my legacy. The storyline I have planned requires the updates to go on hold for a while so I can get everything set up, so I apologize in advance! Hopefully I can have an update within the next week depending on how much time I have, and seeing as I have basically 3 days off in a row, I should have a lot of time to get stuff set up. Adventures take too much time I've decided since I have the Prepared Traveler lifetime award, but it's so much fun, especially without the lag I normally experience. Unfortunately I finally just patched so I need to get my game to actually start without crashing immediately before I can even continue setting it up. Just wanted to keep you all updated :)

Zokugai
3rd Jan 2012, 6:42 AM
Next chapter is up. I made myself sad.

Chapter 6: There Are Sixty-Five Synonyms For Surprise (http://snickersonlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/gen-1-chapter-6-there-are-sixty-five.html)

More excitingly, I officially moved Altin's household into the new hood today. The house is awesome.

ReyaD
3rd Jan 2012, 7:05 AM
To answer your question Buckley, Louna and her brother Gabriel both made it into their 130's. Louna was I think on the early end of that, and Gabriel was 136 the last time I checked him. But I don't remember when exactly he died after that.

calisims
3rd Jan 2012, 12:37 PM
Colleen, when an elder's age bar is full, every day there's a chance for him to die. It isn't 50/50, though. From what I understand, factors like the vegetarian trait or completing the Cardio skill challenge for the Athletic skill lowers the chance for death. And also, I believe the odds for death occurring grow as the Sim gets older.

I don't remember the final ages of my oldest Sims, but I remember Allyson McDermott, and Rex and Thessaly Enmity as lasting ridiculously long. I know Thessaly got over 120 days. It did sort of feel like they were never going to die, but they did all finally go before their grandkids started having kids of their own.
I also had a glitch with Gibson Burden where Grim reset and failed to collect him properly. After that, Sims would mourn Gibson wherever he went, like he was still in the process of dying. In the end, I did have to use MC to finish him off.
I feel for you, that's a hard decision to make.

NutsAndDolts
3rd Jan 2012, 1:03 PM
I've thought it would be cool for some to live to see their great-grandchildren, but in the world of sims this would mean each generation popped out a kid as soon as they became YA, for three generations.

calisims
3rd Jan 2012, 2:28 PM
Allyson was pretty close to seeing her great-grandchild. Oregon made it to YA before she died, and she may have been pregnant (but not showing) when the death occurred. It might be she got impregnated right after Allyson, died, too. I moved pretty quickly on that plot, to get Beau out and Jeromy in before the pregnancy was showing.

jessica x gore
3rd Jan 2012, 2:29 PM
Hello to all. I started playing when the Sims 2 came out and I've NEVER tried a legacy (or a challenge for that matter) so I thought I would give this a try. I probably won't have a blog or anything because I'm just not that great at writing. It sounds great in my head but when I try and type it out I get nothing. Lol. But I do have a few questions on the rules. They may have been already asked and answered in this thread but I don't really have time to skim through 369 pages!

-My 2nd generation just turned YA and her Mother was a single parent. Can the Mother stay in the house and still bring in money from her job?
-Can teenagers get part-time jobs? If so does it have to be only the heir or can all children get them?
-I hate the gnomes. I like everything in it's place and they just keep popping up all over the place. Is it okay to sell them?
-For my 2nd generation I got deadbeat parents. I understand I can't potty train, teach them to walk or talk but what about homework? Are they supposed to do that? It says I'm not supposed to be able to choose their traits but if they do well in school and age to a teen/YA I'll probably be able to choose them.

I think that's all the questions I have right now. I'm sure when I roll something that I don't fully understand I'll have more. =] Thanks in advance!

By the way you all have lovely blogs and stories and I've enjoyed reading them. That's what made me want to try this out even though I won't have one myself. I have been taking pictures though just in case I change my mind.

NutsAndDolts
3rd Jan 2012, 3:07 PM
Hi, welcome to the challenge!

-Yes, the previous generation may stay in the house if you wish, and still earn money for their rolled career.
-Teenagers CAN get part time jobs, even if you haven't rolled perfect children.
-Gnome selling is not a rollable career, and is counted as free random event. In my opinion laundry gnome is random enough to sell; if you're talking about the horse gnomes that pop up constantly, I'd shift-click and delete object on them, because selling them would count as a "sneaky exploit". Same with the vampire gnome and teddy bear thing.
-Deadbeat parents is the worst thing ever. Many of us just don't bother with it, at least not more than once. Yes, you have to stop them from doing their homework if you can, because trait choice for teen and YA is dependent on how well they do in school.

I hope you have fun playing. =)

calisims
3rd Jan 2012, 3:13 PM
Welcome to the challenge Jessica!
If you decide not to blog, feel free to post pics here if you feel like. Or make a blog of your photos without worrying about writing a whole story about them. I know it drives me nuts when I take a lot of pictures and have no one to share them with.

Buckley
3rd Jan 2012, 4:47 PM
Hi Jessica and welcome to the challenge! :) I agree with calisims: I'd love to see pictures of your legacy, even if you don't want to blog or write a story.

Becky, what is the teddy bear thing? I haven't heard about it before. Also...

I've thought it would be cool for some to live to see their great-grandchildren, but in the world of sims this would mean each generation popped out a kid as soon as they became YA, for three generations.
I never thought about it like that, but I guess Faye's child is Ryder's great-grandkid. Perhaps I should have a scene where he meets his great-granchild. Actually, now that I think about it, that's pretty cool! I definitely think I'll let him meet Faye's kiddo. Haha, thanks for the idea!

AlmaDelCore20
3rd Jan 2012, 6:19 PM
Oh, Jesus Christ, how do I keep being unable to follow through with a Legacy? xD

Hi everyone again. >w<

Buckley
3rd Jan 2012, 6:36 PM
Hey Alma! You can still keep going with your old legacy, right? :)

NutsAndDolts
3rd Jan 2012, 7:04 PM
Vampire gnomes turn teddies ($50) into other vampire gnomes ($1000). There is no way to save your teddies, so I have my vampire gnome safely on the museum lot. x.x

Zokugai
3rd Jan 2012, 7:53 PM
Hello to all. I started playing when the Sims 2 came out and I've NEVER tried a legacy (or a challenge for that matter) so I thought I would give this a try. I probably won't have a blog or anything because I'm just not that great at writing. It sounds great in my head but when I try and type it out I get nothing. Lol. But I do have a few questions on the rules. They may have been already asked and answered in this thread but I don't really have time to skim through 369 pages!

Another possibility you could try is starting a blog like us, but just for your pictures. That would also let you toss on a one-line caption for photos if you wanted.

AlmaDelCore20
3rd Jan 2012, 9:59 PM
Hey Alma! You can still keep going with your old legacy, right? :)

I was considering starting another one, and then I realized that I'd really suck if I did that. xD

I'll have another chapter of the Toft legacy up shortly. 8D Gotta crop the pictures and stuff, but the words are written, so hopefully it won't take long.

AJH
3rd Jan 2012, 10:25 PM
I have an update:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/chapter-forty.html

I should have one more chapter before my move (I've chosen Dragon Springs for the new neighbourhood)

ReyaD
3rd Jan 2012, 10:35 PM
Managed to get some playing in today so I've currently edited one chapter (with a resolution that will probably piss people off) and enough content for another... two chapters give or take.

Seriously though, whenever I write about good stuff happening to bad characters I feel like such a troll... sorry.

EDIT: Scratch that. Ah fixed it : D. This chapter ended up double the length, and actually sort of awesome.

AlmaDelCore20
3rd Jan 2012, 10:50 PM
New chapter, as belated as it is~

http://toftfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/chapter-19-oops.html

Hope ya'll enjoy!

Anarathiel
4th Jan 2012, 12:06 AM
Hey everybody, nice updates. I still haven't got one to share with you all. I had a pretty hectic new years. I might be able to write a bit when i get home tomorrow after my friend's birthday party, or maybe when i am at school on Thursday. I've got nine chapters of pictures in unpublished posts and i've played quite a bit too...
I have both kids now...I dunno which one to pick as the heir, probably child 1 who has already aged up to child and child 2 has just aged up to toddler. Blue has reached the top (level 3) of his part time job and is well on his way to getting his lifetime wish...he's an Adult now....anyway, i'm having a lot of fun reading all your legacies and now have to go to sleep I have less than 8 hours until i have to wake up.

jessica x gore
4th Jan 2012, 1:09 AM
Thank you all so much for the answers and encouragement! I greatly appreciate it! NutsandDolts, I actually already sold 2 freezer bunny gnomes and one horse gnome. Whoops! I didn't even really think it may be considered cheating until I sold the third one. I will use family funds and remove the money from my household. Which sucks because I'm broke from remodeling my house! Lol. Oh and you made me a bit nervous about the deadbeat parents goal. I figured it would be easy since I don't have to do anything.

I may take everyone's suggestion and create a blog with the pictures and just having captions of what's going on in them. Maybe if I get brave I could write a little story and no one will laugh too much at it. Haha.

Zokugai
4th Jan 2012, 1:11 AM
The problem with deadbeat parents is because of sim autonomy you really have to work at being that lousy of a parent. >_>

Anarathiel
4th Jan 2012, 1:16 AM
Zokugai: Surely you can turn autonomy off until the kids aren't toddlers anymore...

...btw i know i said i was gonna go sleep, but i got caught up in reading blogs lol

Buckley
4th Jan 2012, 1:27 AM
Ana, it's not the toddler stage you have to worry about with the deadbeat parent goal. It's the child and teen stages. They will autonomously do their homework which will lead to an A in school. Also, I personally couldn't play with the Sim autonomy turned off. I rely on it to keep my Sims happy when I can't be constantly hovering over them (especially in a large household).

Jessica, I would say that you can keep the money from the first three gnomes you sold, since you didn't know any better then. I think Becky was just saying for future reference don't sell horse gnomes, etc. :)

Anarathiel
4th Jan 2012, 1:32 AM
Oh right...I've never had deadbeat so kinda forgot about that. I have to make my kids do homework even with autonomy on...strange

Buckley
4th Jan 2012, 1:37 AM
Oh really? I don't. I'm always canceling their homework on Fridays and Saturdays because I like it when my Sims procrastinate. I think it makes it so much more believable. ;)

Also, Jessica: I hope you do make a blog! It's much more fun that way, imo. Trust me, no one will laugh. :) I say that from experience. I have yet to get a comment on my lousy story that I've been offended by. We're all very supportive here.

Anarathiel
4th Jan 2012, 2:41 AM
Buckley! Your story isn't lousy.
Jessica, I'm no Shakespeare myself, i have no plot sense, yet still people read it and encourage me. How will we ever learn a skill like writing if we don't do it ourselves? I think everyone here understands that we are all just doing this for the kicks and being able to share our simsperience

UPDATE!!! FINALLY!
http://mitchellrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/01/three-date.html

All it took was for me to read some blogs and i was back in the spirit of things, enjoy!

CinderEmma
4th Jan 2012, 3:01 AM
They just freaking do their homework ALL the time! It drives me crazy trying to monitor those insane sims, who WANTS TO DO HOMEWORK? *smacks my sims in the head with a rubber boot*

Zokugai
4th Jan 2012, 3:34 AM
I suppose you could pull the item out of their inventory and hide it somewhere, like a 1x1 fenced in area, or someone else's inventory or whatever. But you'd have to remember to do that every day.

Man, Deadbeat Parents with Altin is going to be a pain in the ass.

AlmaDelCore20
4th Jan 2012, 3:47 AM
I'm starting to wonder if my Toft family is incapable of having male children. 8|

[EDIT] I mean, okay, so it's a minor spoiler, but Jesus Christ. xD

ReyaD
4th Jan 2012, 4:07 AM
I'm starting to wonder if my Toft family is incapable of having male children. 8|

[EDIT] I mean, okay, so it's a minor spoiler, but Jesus Christ. xD

First male child of the Sabo legacy wasn't born until Fabio, a Gen 4 spare.

Also: Don't you just love it when your sims autonomously age/change into an outfit you don't remember having but fall completely and utterly in love with immediately?

Major-o spoilers of Sabina (If you pay attention):
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-4600.jpg

... And just a hilarious picture of Jacob:
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-4601.jpg

CinderEmma
4th Jan 2012, 4:29 AM
For five children (ALL of them are in school at the moment), it's a NIGHTMARE. Especially with many other family members (it's a bit horse heavy this generation XD) whining and dying all the time :P So if they do the homework accidentally, I just force them to skip school.