PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50

jessica x gore
25th Mar 2012, 6:05 PM
*Clicks link as fast as humanly possible*

SimmingStarfish
25th Mar 2012, 8:02 PM
Im BACK! WOOOO!!!!!

-PARTAAY!-
I know you all missed me (:

Buckley
25th Mar 2012, 11:44 PM
I'm so nervous about this, and I have no idea why. Here is my around town page for those of you who are interested. Please, be kind. :)

Around Town: The Families of Charlton
http://themckinleychronicles.blogspot.com/p/around-town-families-of-charlton.html

Also, Red- Just a heads up, I didn’t have room for Faith in my founding families, but I will definitely use her sometime later on. She’s so purdy. :)

And Kayla- I tried to install Jordan, but when I ran her through custard it said the file was corrupt. :( Maybe I can use on of your characters later on though.

Redhead Creations
25th Mar 2012, 11:48 PM
Colleen, no worries, it'll be fun to see the other founders of Charlton running around!! =). Looking so forward to seeing how your story progresses there!

heaven
26th Mar 2012, 12:18 AM
I already commented but I just wanted to say here as well, wonderful job done so far. I think that each character's backstory is so well thought out and organized. I can't wait to see everyone's interactions and lives go about and see what comes of each story. And I <3 the Princess Bride too so the reference to it is great!

Zokugai
26th Mar 2012, 3:48 AM
I'm so nervous about this, and I have no idea why. Here is my around town page for those of you who are interested. Please, be kind. :)

Around Town: The Families of Charlton
http://themckinleychronicles.blogspot.com/p/around-town-families-of-charlton.html

Dawwwwwwh. That picture makes me feel so guilty. xD

And they look oddly great without the porcelain skintone. *considers*

More importantly, I'm probably going to be offline for a few days to a week...I currently have two very ill and/or dying family members. It won't be a fun week.

LadyAwesome
26th Mar 2012, 5:43 AM
Jordan is corrupt? well damn..... Another reason for me to bed NOT sad about going on a sims Hiatus.

I don't know how long it will be for or when I will com back. But for now, I have had enough crap from these sims.

And I am going to start drawing my own comic YAY.

jessica x gore
26th Mar 2012, 5:55 AM
Kayla" *cries* But I will miss you so much!! Though I don't blame you for giving up. You have had a hard time with your Sims. I hope they will miraculously work again because I miss your story.

Zokugai: I'm sorry to here that. I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts. Hopefully everything will work out.

LadyAwesome
26th Mar 2012, 6:06 AM
Oh god Zoku, I only just read that :( Oh know that is terrible! Your in my thoughts also love!

ReyaD
26th Mar 2012, 8:03 AM
Zoku I'm so sorry about your family. All I can say is to be strong, and we're here if you need us. Unlike some people my PM box always has room if you need to just rant to someone.

Um... so my gam has still been acting up a bit so I couldn't get the last chapter of the Sabos done for tonight. But I did manage to organize my Sari Legacy founding families into a more or less final draft.

(Yes... Sari... because my random legacies must start with an "S". It's a theme now.)

For the founding families: (Alphabetically)

Avendale:
- Yalena Avendale (YA)
- Xander Avendale (YA)
- Ansley Avendale (YA)
- Zane Avendale (YA)
Basically they're just going to be siblings all living together as singles. Contemplating a plot line for Xander since I like his hair... but it depends. If he's a sweetheart than I won't go through with it. (Or will I? *Evil grin*)

Clemetis:
- Joanna Clemetis (A)
- Joshua Clemetis (To)
Joanna is the head chef at the Bistro and has a tough time balancing her demanding job with an even more demanding toddler. But she loves her little Joshua and doesn't regret having to raise him all on her own. She's a great mother and he wants for nothing in their large victorian style home.

Evans:
- Harris Evans (YA)
- Gwendolyn Evans (YA)
- Elizabeth (C)
- Cristian (C)
I almost dropped this family when I read Buckley's Around Town page but screw it Harris just BREATHES cheating evil politician so I kept the family as is! Gwendolyn is a naturally born child (Of Glimmer Sabo and Angelo Dennis) from my Evans Legacy... which I will update. One day. Basically Harris is the mayor, Gwen is his young wife and they have absolutely perfect twins (Who are both spoiled brats). However Gwen is dull and boring, and Harris always has his eye open for beautiful women, especially women who are new in town and don't yet know the rumours that surround him.

Fierce:
- Aviva Fierce (YA)
- Sebastian Fierce (YA)
Spoilers! Aviva and Sebastian are in town! Mostly because I went through so much trouble to grab him to be Aviva's husband and i had to ditch the whole teen lusting on an older man subplot with the move to Starlight Shores and then I couldn't even get them to behave and visit Aurora at home. So here they are.

Harris:
- Ellis Harris (A)
- Logan Harris (A)
- Darren Harris (C)
LOGAN WAS HOT AND ELLIS DESERVES A HAPPY ENDING. So they're married. And they have a son. Deal with it, Giga. (Please?)

Hemlock:
- Morgan Hemlock (A)
Strong, beautiful, dangerous. She's a big time reporter with her own TV show, the leader of the local paparazzi and the only woman who can make Harris Evans piss himself in fear. Everyone knows she holds all the real power in this town. Everyone hates her, but if you play your cards right she could be a great ally. And if you cross her... well, you'd best leave town immediately.

Jacobs:
- Azure Jacobs (YA)
- Snowflake Jones (YA)
Snowflake's been a rockstar since she was a child, born a musician she's been on the verge of becoming a trainwreck her whole life. When her parents bought her a mansion on Morikipo it was assumed they just wanted to get rid of her. Instead - in a twist worthy of the big screen - Snowflake met the local police chief at a bar, they went on a few dates, and months later married in an overly exposed and expensive wedding. Its been a while and so far they seem truly in love. What a surprise. Sometimes even celebrities can get a happy ending. Now the real question is when will Snowflake finally accept her widening belly and looming motherhood? Azure is a clone of Aquarius Oceans and Snowflake is a clone of Yuki Sabo. I had a bit too much fun with their story.

McKinley:
- Elijah McKinley (A)
- Scarlett McKinley (A)
- Nathaniel McKinley (T)
- Faye McKinley (C)
- Anastasia McKinley (To)
The McKinleys are just a large (and still growing) family of five who moved to the island after Elijah received a job offer from the local sports team. Scarlett got a job as a teacher and hopefully their children will grow into level headed adults with no dreams of becoming over the top celebrities.

Smith:
- Naveen Smith (YA)
- Jane Doe (?)
Naveen isn't your typical petty criminal. In fact he's quite a gifted conman with a fascinating past full of palaces, assassinations, and a hasty name change in his teenage years. He shares a home with another criminal who goes only by the name Jane Doe. The cops would love to get their hands on both of them but the duo is untouchable. Naveen because of his diplomatic immunity, Jane because... well... no one actually knows if she even exists. No photos have ever been taken of her. Only Naveen knows her identity, and he's not telling.

teal_moonshine
26th Mar 2012, 8:21 AM
Cece: BAM! Awesomeness.

Buckley
26th Mar 2012, 9:57 AM
Cece, I feel the urge to comment on each and every family (really, I do), but I'll refrain and only point out the highlights. ;)

Contemplating a plot line for Xander since I like his hair...
ROFL! That line has Cece written all over it. :rofl:

[spoiler]Joanna is the head chef at the Bistro and has a tough time balancing her demanding job with an even more demanding toddler. But she loves her little Joshua and doesn't regret having to raise him all on her own. She's a great mother and he wants for nothing in their large victorian style home.

D'awww. This one made me smile.

I almost dropped this family when I read Buckley's Around Town page but screw it Harris just BREATHES cheating evil politician so I kept the family as is! Gwendolyn is a naturally born child (Of Glimmer Sabo and Angelo Dennis) from my Evans Legacy... which I will update. One day. Basically Harris is the mayor, Gwen is his young wife and they have absolutely perfect twins (Who are both spoiled brats). However Gwen is dull and boring, and Harris always has his eye open for beautiful women, especially women who are new in town and don't yet know the rumours that surround him.
Hah, I almost made Harris a nice guy, but then I figured that since he ended up being nice in Melissa's legacy that I would change it up and make him truly despicable. Lol, great minds...

The McKinleys are just a large (and still growing) family of five who moved to the island after Elijah received a job offer from the local sports team. Scarlett got a job as a teacher and hopefully their children will grow into level headed adults with no dreams of becoming over the top celebrities.
Uh, you don't have to use them if you don't want to. I mean, I know they're not the prettiest bunch of Simmies, and my feelings won't be hurt or anything. Their story is pretty old now, and I don't want you to feel obligated... If you'd rather, you can have my current founder and other person who shall go unnamed for now (no spoilers yet!). Just PM me if you want them. :)

NutsAndDolts
26th Mar 2012, 1:12 PM
Had a bad dream. All my sim children were born with kanji for heads. Kanji made out of flesh. They did not have eyes or anything.

calisims
26th Mar 2012, 2:16 PM
Zoku, I'm sorry to here bout your family!

Cece & Colleen: Harris Landgraab is glad to see his evil plan to fill the Sim world with his evil clones is coming to fruition. Take that EA, my Landgraab clones > yours. =P

Becky, wow, weird dream!

wolfsbayne
26th Mar 2012, 3:41 PM
The roller already has been updated for showtime as far as im aware

I want to get started with a legacy but everyone's here are so good anything I do will be boring in comparison!

Redhead Creations
26th Mar 2012, 3:46 PM
I'm disagreeing with that post, Wolfsbayne. =) That's the joy of the Randomness of the challenge, everything is fun and exciting!!

calisims
26th Mar 2012, 3:54 PM
Hey, wolfsbayne, it's great to see you over here! Get that legacy going!

The roller has been updated for Showtime careers. We don't have any new goals or Misc. Fun based on SHT, if anyone has any ideas for that please feel free to suggest them.

Zokugai
26th Mar 2012, 3:58 PM
Thanks a lot for the well-wishes, guys. But after a certain point (and especially with cancer) people don't get better, and that's pretty much the stage my family's at right now. :| So we find ourselves in an incredibly awkward and unpleasant waiting game.

SimmingStarfish
26th Mar 2012, 4:01 PM
Woo! were can I find it?

calisims
26th Mar 2012, 4:55 PM
The roller is always here, the first post in the rules blog:
http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/

Miss Puff
26th Mar 2012, 5:16 PM
So sorry to hear about your family, Zoku. *hugs*

CinderEmma
26th Mar 2012, 5:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the well-wishes, guys. But after a certain point (and especially with cancer) people don't get better, and that's pretty much the stage my family's at right now. :| So we find ourselves in an incredibly awkward and unpleasant waiting game.*hugs* That's just awful, I'm so sorry! *squishes you until you can't breathe*

wolfsbayne
26th Mar 2012, 6:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your family Zoku

I just can't take photos and think of decent storylines like you guys! lol Im about halfway through my nothing for free challenge at the moment and this one, I should be able to finish sooo i'll start rolling soon and think if I can think of a good story to get started with in preparation for the legacy.

AJH
26th Mar 2012, 7:03 PM
Thanks a lot for the well-wishes, guys. But after a certain point (and especially with cancer) people don't get better, and that's pretty much the stage my family's at right now. :| So we find ourselves in an incredibly awkward and unpleasant waiting game.
So sorry to hear about your family Zokugai <hugs>

AJH
26th Mar 2012, 7:05 PM
But I did manage to organize my Sari Legacy founding families into a more or less final draft.

(Yes... Sari... because my random legacies must start with an "S". It's a theme now.)

For the founding families: (Alphabetically)

Clemetis:
- Joanna Clemetis (A)
- Joshua Clemetis (To)
Joanna is the head chef at the Bistro and has a tough time balancing her demanding job with an even more demanding toddler. But she loves her little Joshua and doesn't regret having to raise him all on her own. She's a great mother and he wants for nothing in their large victorian style home.

I'm so glad you gave Jo & Joshua a happy start in life! I hated having to put them through all that misery in my first generation!

CyyKosis
26th Mar 2012, 7:33 PM
*hugs Zoku* The whole waiting game is indeed tough, my thoughts are with your family.

Redhead Creations
26th Mar 2012, 7:53 PM
Zoku, so sorry to hear about your family. I hope it's as painless as possible.

I can't wait to read about the Sari's!! I promise to keep up on this one. =)

And I've got my Monday update as well:
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com

ReyaD
26th Mar 2012, 8:46 PM
Bye bye Sabos. *Pout*

8.12 - We Could Go Away Together (Final chapter) http://sabolegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/03/812-we-could-go-away-together.html

I really can't tell if Melisma or Dolce is the prettiest. Its the eeeeyes.

... *Sighs* I'm sad now.

CiscoB
26th Mar 2012, 10:26 PM
Hi everybody! So, I've been lurking around for awhile, and decided to start my own random legacy. I'm not sure if I'll blog it, but I have a question.
I rolled Step Children for my first generation, and is it okay to create my founder with her boyfriend and his daughter in her household, or do they need to be in separate households at first? Or am I even allowed to create her future husband and step daughter in the first place? Just making sure I don't accidentally break any rules! :)

Buckley
26th Mar 2012, 10:51 PM
Hi CiscoB. :) Welcome to the challenge! I'm not entirely sure about your question, but my inclination would be that you need to create your founder separately from her future boyfriend and his child. I mean, you are welcome to create the boyfriend and stepdaughter yourself in CAS, just they can't start out living together.

P.S. Someone jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Actually, I guess they could be made together in CAS, but I'm pretty sure that you'd have to make your founder and her boyfriend be housemates at first, so that the child doesn't link up as your founder's daughter. Although, now that I think about it, I don't think it works that way. Basically, as long as the child is only related to the boyfriend on the family tree, I don't *think* there would be an issue with creating them together in one household. :)

...Confused yet? ;) (I am! Lol.)

CyyKosis
26th Mar 2012, 10:57 PM
I believe Colleen is right. I'm not sure about creating them together in the same household though, but since you can for having a couple or 'help' then I would think it would be allowed.

CiscoB
26th Mar 2012, 11:21 PM
Thank you both! :)

CyyKosis
27th Mar 2012, 12:17 AM
My boyfriend and I have decided to name our puppy Wrex, thanks for the idea Melissa!

calisims
27th Mar 2012, 1:22 AM
Yay, Maddie, that's awesome

And just to confirm, I think it's fine to create the step family in CAS for the founding family.

ReyaD
27th Mar 2012, 2:36 AM
So I finally sat down and managed to get some of these families from paper to sims themselves.

A few that I HAD to take pictures of:

(Spoilers have photos and comments)

Raydenne Amaral:
WHY IS SHE SO CUTE? She did that as I was trying to get a picture of her and Ary for the founding families page. This is now her official photo. And I love her hair.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-798.jpg

Nathaniel McKinley:
Colleen, I don't know why you think I WOULDN'T want these guys. I mean... just look at him! I love him <3. I may end up setting him up with one of the Avendale sisters because, really, I want those genes to continue.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-799.jpg

Naveen Smith:
He's a sexy one. Also: Does anyone know how the heck I can get rid of that medal? I can't find it in accessories. O_o

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-800.jpg

Harris Evans the incredibly amazing woo-hoo god <3:
I... I... I can't even... I thought sims were supposed to be LESS sexy in CAS O_O. Wtf? Everytime I see him I get tingles and my face gets all flushed.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-802.jpg

Elizabeth Evans: (Harris' little princess)
Finally! A chance to use that outfit! And it just SUITS her! xD Harris makes beautiful children.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-804.jpg

teal_moonshine
27th Mar 2012, 2:44 AM
I think the medal is in their inventory, so maybe it just needs to be taken out? Not 100% on that though...

CyyKosis
27th Mar 2012, 2:45 AM
Ray! Yaaaay :)

Try doing the outfit cheat (can't think of it off the top of my head). It might show up in CAS then... not sure though.

ReyaD
27th Mar 2012, 2:52 AM
Hmm... there's a chance the medal was in his inventory since he's cloned from Nadira. (Same nose!) I'll try that out once he's moved into the town. Thanks for the suggestions!

jessica x gore
27th Mar 2012, 4:57 AM
Update from me: Chapter Twenty Four: Blindsided (http://burkhartlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-twenty-four-blindsided.html)

Zokugai
27th Mar 2012, 8:56 AM
Why would you want to get rid of it? He should tell everyone it's his Medal of Sexy and he's not allowed to take it off. ;)

LadyAwesome
27th Mar 2012, 10:38 AM
LOL Zoku, your hillerious.

SimmingStarfish
27th Mar 2012, 7:50 PM
-Sorry i know it was a page ago but,
I know the feeling my Grandad has cancer and we are waiting to, to see if it has gone or got better or swollen or got worse ):

Redhead Creations
27th Mar 2012, 8:19 PM
So I finally sat down and managed to get some of these families from paper to sims themselves.

Elizabeth Evans: (Harris' little princess)
Finally! A chance to use that outfit! And it just SUITS her! xD Harris makes beautiful children.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-804.jpg

OMG, she's perfect!! Hahaha The best spoiled brat ever!

CyyKosis
27th Mar 2012, 8:30 PM
Shit hits the fan in Chapter 2.5 (http://theamarelstory.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-25.html).

Edit: Theron and Oriana are now on the RLUploads blog!

NutsAndDolts
28th Mar 2012, 12:37 AM
Chapter 79 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-79-missing-point.html

LadyAwesome
28th Mar 2012, 1:09 AM
So.... I put Jordan through on my Custard..... and...... nothing is corrupted on mine.... >.<

Buckley
28th Mar 2012, 1:22 AM
Hmm... I'll try downloading her again. I really would love to have her in my hood. :)

Also, I'm annoyed. It's taking forever to tune twallan's dresser mod the way I want, and I really don't want to start on my legacy until I finish with it. Has anybody here messed with his invalid parts tuning file? If so, do you have any tips or tricks for me? I'm afraid I'm doing it wrong cause it's taking hours!

Edit: I re-downloaded Jordan and ran her through custard again, but it still says she's corrupt. "Contains another DBPF," which I *believe* means she's packaged with another package inside her package. (Lots of packages, lol.) I'm not really sure what would happen if I installed her (or if it's totally safe), but I just get nervous about that sort of thing. If you wanted, you could upload the .sim file and I could install her that way. Not that you have to, of course, but it would be an alternate way of uploading if you felt like going to the trouble. As I mentioned, I'd love to have some Malkier babies running around. ;)

kadience
28th Mar 2012, 1:29 AM
I have a question for you guys... What, in your opinion, the best custom neighbourhood for Legacies?
I can't find one that does not have pets that I like. Right now, I'm debating between Monarch Bay, and Redwood Harbor from mysimsreality.

Buckley
28th Mar 2012, 1:36 AM
Charlton Island, if you don't mind downloading some extra CC. It's beautiful and amazingly well done (and also where I'm playing my legacy right now ;)). It does have a few issues that need to be addressed before you can play there, but nothing too major. It's quite small with very few houses, and it was built before pets. I really love it so far. :)

kadience
28th Mar 2012, 1:43 AM
I've got that one... Haven't tried it yet. I've been sitting on the fence about it.
What issues need to be addressed?

LadyAwesome
28th Mar 2012, 1:45 AM
Buckley, I will go and remove all her CC for you :) I want my self sim in EVERYONES story lol *cough*

Here try this one, But You need hair with a fringe and I used lady front bums skin - Silk maybe? She looks weird as she does haha.

Let me Know how you get on yeah.

http://www.mediafire.com/?554s0v45d5d3enp

Here is her hair. http://anubis360.blogspot.co.nz/2011/07/raonjena-female-hair-010-fixed-pookletd.html But I got heaven to test the original file and all it was is that I had cc files added which was clothes and hair and probably make up too. But it should be all good to go now.

jessica x gore
28th Mar 2012, 4:33 AM
I have an update as well. Chapter Twenty Five: Silence Isn't Always Golden (http://burkhartlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-twenty-five-silence-isnt-always.html)

LadyAwesome
28th Mar 2012, 5:14 AM
Jess, you are on a roll. A sexy roll at that! Guess what everyone.... I am down to 974mb of cc :) lol I was planning on deleting it all..... I just couldn't do it.

Buckley
28th Mar 2012, 9:38 AM
Ugh, I'm so mad I think I'm going to throw my computer out a second story window! It's Wednesday of week one in my legacy, and my save has already gone wacky/gotten corrupted. Every Sim in town had to be "recovered" by twallan's error trap, and my main character's entire genetics were "re-rolled". Meaning her face has somehow turned into EA vanilla pudding. I'm hoping it can be salvaged, but if not I quit. This is just ridiculous!

*runs off to cry into a pillow*

Klevkin
28th Mar 2012, 10:48 AM
oh no colleen :( poor you, can't it be the neighborhood perhaps??? How horrible! You could try your back-up save? That's what saved my family from vanishing!

*hands tissues to the head in the pillow*

got a lot of updates to read again! here's mine to add to all of the updates:

UPDATE! (http://cristlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/43-spreading-violet.html)

LadyAwesome
28th Mar 2012, 11:50 AM
Klev funny I am just getting through the 3rd gen on your legacy. And holey shit balls buckley - I am feeling you hun hence why I am giving mine a little nap for the time being

Redhead Creations
28th Mar 2012, 3:38 PM
NOOOO, Colleen!! I sure hope you have a backup save! I'm not sure what would have caused that problem. I haven't had any issues with Charlton yet. I certainly hope you're able to recover it!

Zokugai
28th Mar 2012, 4:07 PM
Did you save them in CAS? I'm assuming not or you would have just MCed them back into CAS to replace the face. :/

AJH
28th Mar 2012, 5:42 PM
Ugh, I'm so mad I think I'm going to throw my computer out a second story window! It's Wednesday of week one in my legacy, and my save has already gone wacky/gotten corrupted. Every Sim in town had to be "recovered" by twallan's error trap, and my main character's entire genetics were "re-rolled". Meaning her face has somehow turned into EA vanilla pudding. I'm hoping it can be salvaged, but if not I quit. This is just ridiculous!

*runs off to cry into a pillow*
Oh poor you *hugs*

I have an update:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/chapter-fifty-one.html (with a couple of guest appearances)

myonlyappeal
28th Mar 2012, 6:07 PM
I just started a new random legacy! I'm very excited.

First update: http://simrouge.livejournal.com/7660.html

Redhead Creations
28th Mar 2012, 6:18 PM
Great start to the challenge, I love your sense of humor! Tried to leave a comment, but I have no idea how LiveJournal works and it wouldn't let me. =(

ReyaD
28th Mar 2012, 6:31 PM
Buckley I'm so sorry about your game issues! Have you thought about a problem with the dresser mod you mentioned earlier?

And I have my founding families up. http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/p/founding-families.html

Quite proud of my photos.

CinderEmma
28th Mar 2012, 8:54 PM
I'm excited to see your new legacy Cece!
And I just read the Burkhart legacy, epic! I'm not usually into that much supernatural, but it's really cool :)

Zokugai
28th Mar 2012, 10:00 PM
Buckley I'm so sorry about your game issues! Have you thought about a problem with the dresser mod you mentioned earlier?

And I have my founding families up. http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/p/founding-families.html

Quite proud of my photos.

YES! BLUE HAIR!

myonlyappeal
28th Mar 2012, 11:15 PM
Great start to the challenge, I love your sense of humor! Tried to leave a comment, but I have no idea how LiveJournal works and it wouldn't let me. =(

Thank you so much! :beer: I'll stop by here whenever I have a new update. :) I've been lurking on everyone else's RLCs, haha.

jessica x gore
29th Mar 2012, 2:38 AM
Emma: Thank you! I'm a huge fan of all things supernatural so I couldn't help but write about it. I'm glad you like it anyways. =D

Colleen: I'm so sorry about all your problems. I have no idea what to tell you because I would probably make it worse I'm sure. I hope you get everything figured out because I was really looking forward to your new legacy.

Cece: I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it. ^_^

Miss Puff
29th Mar 2012, 2:41 AM
Chapter Fifteen: Still Growing (http://keattslegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-fifteen-still-growing.html) is up! Still dragging out Gen 1, but it's getting closer!

*hugs* for Colleen, I really hope you can fix your issues. I do not envy you. :(

I really love what everyone's doing with the founding families. Part of me wants to do something similar when I move the Keatts to their new neighborhood, but there's another Sims project I've been wanting to start on for awhile, so I don't think I'll have the time to put that kind of extra work into my legacy.

Buckley
29th Mar 2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the support guys. :) I've been messing with it for hours now, and I *think* I've got it working again. I tried my alternate saves (all four of them), and two of them were corrupted. However after testing the two un-corrupted saves, they became messed up whenever I reached a certain point in the game. I think my problem is similar to the missing UI and invisible Sims issue (the error that Klev was having), but I'm not sure. Anyway, to make a long story short, I fiddled with things for a while and then play tested an old backup for about 2 Sim weeks with new user files in place, and it did not become corrupted. Hopefully, that means it's fixed now. *crosses fingers* Either way, I'm going forward with my legacy but mentally preparing for the worst- Losing my save and having to hastily uproot the family to a different world.

Ugh. Anyway, I can't sleep so I'm off to read people's stories. I played eenie meenie miney moe with the updates on this page, and Jess won. You're first! ;)

Klevkin
29th Mar 2012, 11:36 AM
Yay for having it back working colleen :D I'm glad you are going through with it! For me it was solved with the back up files EA made. My own back-ups were messed up as well (I was gonna use another word...but erased it again, but it started with an S and ended with ed). I hope your problem is not coming back!

Buckley
29th Mar 2012, 12:17 PM
Started with an "s" and ended with an "ed"? Did you mean screwed up? ;) Lol, that's not a bad word... (at least not in my vocabulary, lol.) Or are you talking about some other word that my sleep deprived brain cannot come up with at 6 o'clock in the morning? Haha.

And thanks for the well wishes! I appreciate it Klev. :)

jessica x gore
29th Mar 2012, 12:18 PM
Colleen: Yay! Although, you'll be there forever because I tend to write books for my chapters. Lol. But thank you for taking the time to read my legacy. I'm so glad you figured out your computer problems. =D If it happens again, I vote we throw your computer off a bypass and then light it on fire. Just saying.

CinderEmma
29th Mar 2012, 2:00 PM
It's not TOO bad in length Jessica :) Imagine starting out with Cece's, at the Starr legacy XD

Klevkin
29th Mar 2012, 4:12 PM
Got an update again :)

4.4 Feeling on top of your game (http://cristlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/44-feeling-on-top-of-your-game.html)

So if I said there could be sex in there...would more people click it?? :P

there isn't but just wanted to check...the sex will have to wait at least another chapter :lol:

ReyaD
29th Mar 2012, 4:18 PM
Dangit, Klevkin! I was excited!

And by the way, I have the first Sari chapter up!

1.1 - New Start http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/03/11-new-start.html

So excited for this shit. Melody and Alex get settled in.

Zokugai
29th Mar 2012, 5:10 PM
You realize of course we're going to repeatedly choose the most difficult heir possible just to mess with you, right?

ReyaD
29th Mar 2012, 5:11 PM
You realize of course we're going to repeatedly choose the most difficult heir possible just to mess with you, right?

Why would you be that cruel? D :

wolfsbayne
29th Mar 2012, 5:32 PM
Love the first chapter Reya - and the heir polls idea! I tend to mico manage my sims every action and detail. I think when I start my legacy im going to have to try and be a bit more laid back and let them do things on their own accord!

Im just setting up my legacy now as im starting to get a bit bored with my other challenge. I've chosen Dragon Falls for my world (I hope no one here has had any problems with that world) and im just creating some sims for around town before I get started properly.

jessica x gore
29th Mar 2012, 5:43 PM
Klev: When I announced a sex scene was in my update, I had triple the amount of views I usually do. True story.

We are all a bunch of pervs. I don't know about you guys but:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m481/jrock727/GIFS%20and%20MEMES/tumblr_litm0kRtCu1qe5zsq.gif

ReyaD
29th Mar 2012, 8:27 PM
Klev: When I announced a sex scene was in my update, I had triple the amount of views I usually do. True story.

Looks like I'll be moving up the smexy scenes to next chapter! (Off to look for CC!)

teal_moonshine
30th Mar 2012, 2:40 AM
I started my roll with Morgan again seeing as my laptop is now a long way off (studying to become a librarian ain't cheap apparently...)

Reminder: Gen 1:
Mixed single
5 kids
Journalist
Living Green
Fighter

She had her first 2 kids with Foster Enmity, just cos, then the next 2 are adopted and the last was with an immigrant, Jason Sanford or something...

Emmy, Miles, Delilah, Jonah and April

Gen 2: Emmy:
Mixed couple
2 kids
Medical
Daycare
Photogenic
Live Your Trait: Virtuoso

jessica x gore
30th Mar 2012, 2:53 AM
Update! Chapter Twenty Six: The Vampire and The Valkyrie (http://burkhartlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-twenty-six-vampire-and-valkyrie.html)

LadyAwesome
30th Mar 2012, 5:00 AM
Mmmmm I am thinking of re-installing everything and starting fresh.

New sims, new family, new life :)

jessica x gore
30th Mar 2012, 5:05 AM
Kayla, I say you should go for it! What do you have to lose....besides your sanity of course. But who REALLY needs that in this day and age?

ReyaD
30th Mar 2012, 5:10 AM
Not me, Jess! : D I'm the friggin Mad hatter with breasts!

I really hope your re-install works, Kayla. Thats such an extreme measure but if anything'll do it it should be that...

jessica x gore
30th Mar 2012, 5:39 AM
I always liked the Mad Hatter. =D Ooooo did you see last week's episode of Once Upon A Time? The Mad Hatter was great!

Sorry...what was we talking about? Oh yes.... Sims 3: Screwing up our computers since 2009. That pretty much sums it up. AmIRight?

ReyaD
30th Mar 2012, 6:12 AM
YES I DID! Looooved it. Although I couldn't stop laughing at the scene with the Red Queen. Cause I kept imagining Helena Bonham Carter's giant head under that thing xD.

The scene with his daughter at the end of the episode almost made me cry! I just wish we knew what was going through Emma's mind when she saw that picture. I hope it was guilt.

Buckley
30th Mar 2012, 7:28 AM
Jess, did you see the poses traelia came out with yesterday? When I found them, I thought of you. ;)

http://traelia.blogspot.com/2012/03/law-and-order-death-pose-pack.html

P.S. I think it's because I just read that chapter last night, lol.

P.P.S. There's even a camera pose pack that goes with it! Eek, I see amazing potential for our future crime fighting Sims... :)

http://traelia.blogspot.com/2012/03/smile-camera-pose-pack.html

NutsAndDolts
30th Mar 2012, 2:31 PM
Ugh, 80 chapters.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-80-snapshot.html

Hopefully I can wrap it up soon.

jessica x gore
30th Mar 2012, 3:53 PM
Cece: Lol. I was dying to see what she looked like. I wonder who she is in Storybrooke?
I know, that was so sad. =/She was probably feeling guilt or disbelief I'm sure.

Colleen: Thank you so much! Those would be so perfect for crime scenes and I would have LOVED the camera poses when I did the crime scene was Amelia, Bianca and Romeo. Why can't I find this stuff when I need it? Oh well, maybe I'll roll Law Enforcement again. Plus that Tipsy OMSP would be VERY handle in a future scene I have planned. =D

Amiisay
30th Mar 2012, 5:45 PM
Chapter 15: You Know My Heart (http://carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/chapter-15-you-know-my-heart/)

Chapter 15, and I'm writing 16 right now. Some serious Sophie/Gerard Drama, and the twins just stay cute. :D

ReyaD
30th Mar 2012, 6:11 PM
Update!

1.2 - An Attraction of Sorts http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/03/12-attraction-of-sorts.html

No smex in this one. Sorries! But its still a good chapter! ><

Amiisay
30th Mar 2012, 6:56 PM
Chapter 16: A Whilrwind of Hope (http://carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/chapter-16-whirlwind-of-hope/)

Gerard makes a reappearance, the girls grow up.

LadyAwesome
30th Mar 2012, 11:07 PM
I miss trealia being around create:( I guess she has better fish to fry these days.

Also I was trying to make a gmail account..... APPARENTLY you have to give them your phone number.... backoff people

CyyKosis
31st Mar 2012, 12:56 AM
I think that's just for an easy way to recover your password if you ever lose it, Kayla... correct me if I'm wrong though.

LadyAwesome
31st Mar 2012, 1:14 AM
But it should be an option, I dont want to be handing out my phone number lol

CyyKosis
31st Mar 2012, 1:25 AM
It's mandatory? That's ridiculous, I thought it was just optional.

CinderEmma
31st Mar 2012, 2:07 AM
Can't you skip it? I thought it asked me once and there was a small little thing to skip it. I refuse to give my # to anything, especially Google.

heaven
31st Mar 2012, 5:36 AM
Yeah, I think there is the teeniest "skip" button somewhere near the bottom. I don't give my number either!

Zokugai
31st Mar 2012, 6:17 AM
On the other hand, if you need to make an email you think people actually might want to break into, you can use that connection to command it to text message a 6 digit code to your phone whenever you log in, so that even if they have your password, no one can log into your account without physical possession of your phone.

I have my protesting email set up like that, because people have tried to break into it like three times so far.

CinderEmma
31st Mar 2012, 6:43 AM
Bah, my custom worlds haven't been showing up, and I just realized it.

ReyaD
31st Mar 2012, 8:07 AM
Update!

1.3 - Love Me Rough http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/03/13-love-me-rough.html

Oh look. A smex scene. I actually had this done around noon today and cannot believe I lasted 12 hours. At last I can join the 18+ story club : P.

Buckley
31st Mar 2012, 8:55 AM
How is it possible that you've done three chapters, and I still haven't gotten my first one done yet?! Ugh, you put me to shame.

jessica x gore
31st Mar 2012, 4:00 PM
Colleen: Cece must have the power to freeze time or something because between me actually playing my game, getting pictures, writing it, reading updates, trying to get caught up on other legacies and trying to maintain my house and family, I'm exhausted....I don't know how she does it. Maybe she doesn't sleep?

ReyaD
31st Mar 2012, 5:29 PM
Shaaaaame Colleeen. SHAAAAAME. (I love you <3)

Actually Jess, I'm just overly organized. And I try to limit myself to 6-7 hours of sleep a night tops. Slightly more on the weekends since I don't lose time in transit to and from school (Which I tend to use for editing or chapter planning).

jessica x gore
31st Mar 2012, 8:16 PM
Cece: I can organize my house like a boss but my time? Not so much.

Update! Chapter Twenty Seven: All Hell Breaks Loose (http://burkhartlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-twenty-seven-all-hell-breaks.html)

Buckley
1st Apr 2012, 4:47 AM
I've got my first chapter done. (Thanks for the quick response Melissa! :))

I want to warn you guys: There is a bit of a controversial topic mentioned in the chapter. Read the spoiler if you are prone to get upset about that sort of thing.
There are a couple references to abortion. I discuss my thoughts behind writing about it in the challenge notes section at the end of the chapter, but if you're going to get mad at me then please don't read my legacy. I will tell you all that I am NOT going to be pushing any political viewpoints in my blog. I'm much more interested in the character's reactions and responses to certain topics/events than I am in forcing anyone to listen to my personal opinions on those topics/events. Anyway, enough rambling.
Chapter 1: Sisterly Love
http://themckinleychronicles.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-1-sisterly-love.html

P.S. I'm so nervous about this chapter it's ridiculous. Don't hate me guys!

LadyAwesome
1st Apr 2012, 7:35 AM
Well I liked it :)

ReyaD
1st Apr 2012, 5:46 PM
Update!

1.4 - Deep Temptations http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/14-deep-temptations.html

Neveen's a cutie, Harris is conflicted, and Alex really should have seen that coming.

NutsAndDolts
1st Apr 2012, 7:08 PM
I have decided to stop making legacy blogs, because I can no longer keep up with the new standard. Never fear, I'll continue to visit this board and read your stories!

I don't want to give up structured simming, though, so I made a new blog: http://redbandxx.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-1-perfection.html

Please be advised that it contains MATURE content, and only persons of iron constitutions should attempt to follow me on these new and exciting adventures.

ReyaD
1st Apr 2012, 7:15 PM
You cruel, cruel bitch. : P

(And I say that with the utmost love and respect.)

LadyAwesome
1st Apr 2012, 9:58 PM
What..... Becky...... no.......

I cant keep up with sexual standard either though lol

CyyKosis
1st Apr 2012, 10:16 PM
I want to say something but if I'm wrong I'll sound like a dumbass and if I'm right I'll be a jackass to everyone so I'm just going to wear a crooked smile and wave awkwardly at Becky.

NutsAndDolts
1st Apr 2012, 11:25 PM
You could try PM's. I don't bite.

LadyAwesome
2nd Apr 2012, 4:19 AM
Hard.... lol, now I want to know too!

CinderEmma
2nd Apr 2012, 6:13 AM
I don't like wrapping.
I'm bored, even of all the April Fool's stuff (Google Maps was cool! My house looked red!)

LadyAwesome
2nd Apr 2012, 7:53 AM
I still find April fools day lame...... everyone had "I am pregnant" status's on fb. Like really are you THAT creative?

ReyaD
2nd Apr 2012, 7:56 AM
xD I usually ignore April Fools unless I had time to think up something interesting. A few years ago two of the teachers at my sisters' school took all the chairs from the intermediate classrooms and hid them in the basement. Poor kids were SO confused.

AJH
2nd Apr 2012, 9:49 AM
I have decided to stop making legacy blogs, because I can no longer keep up with the new standard. Never fear, I'll continue to visit this board and read your stories!

I don't want to give up structured simming, though, so I made a new blog: http://redbandxx.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-1-perfection.html

Please be advised that it contains MATURE content, and only persons of iron constitutions should attempt to follow me on these new and exciting adventures.
Noo *cries*

Please be an April Fools joke...

LadyAwesome
2nd Apr 2012, 10:08 AM
It has to be!

NutsAndDolts
2nd Apr 2012, 1:22 PM
Chapter 81 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-81-new-possibilities.html

teal_moonshine
2nd Apr 2012, 1:40 PM
Ah, sneaky sneaky.

Anarathiel
2nd Apr 2012, 5:38 PM
Well guys I'm back (sort of). I won't be updating as much as I did before Coursework came and bit me in the ass. But I will be blogging again.
I will catch up with everybody's blogs eventually I promise!
Also, I just wanted to know what you guys think of the house I built for the family to move into eventually: i've put it in a spoiler because i don't want to page stretch

Front:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Ekmidenisi/Screenshot-1441.jpg
Back:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Ekmidenisi/Screenshot-1442.jpg
Top floor:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Ekmidenisi/Screenshot-1443.jpg
Bottom floor:
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Ekmidenisi/Screenshot-1444.jpg

Also, if anybody wants a look into the future where Fuchsia has aged up:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Ekmidenisi/Screenshot-1404.jpg

ReyaD
2nd Apr 2012, 5:46 PM
Holy *BLEEP*. You built that? O_O

Well, its official. I am the most fail builder on this entire thread.

Anarathiel
2nd Apr 2012, 5:52 PM

LOL it took me ages. I made the first floor before i stopped playing. then I realised I had loads more money to spare and needed more bedrooms so I added the second floor today.
The bedrooms and stuff will be customized once I decide who will be living in them XD

jessica x gore
2nd Apr 2012, 6:19 PM
Ana: WOW! You did a fabulous job!

Cece: I think I'm the worst. Box houses FTW! =]

Okay, I have a question, is there any way to turn a toddler back into a baby with MC or any other mod? I might have played my game a little too far and now I need more photos for my next chapter but the baby already aged up. I THOUGHT I saved as right as the baby was born, just in case I didn't get enough shots and played through a little more. But when I clicked on the save as game I did where the kid was still a baby, it brought up my current save. Does that make sense? I think I confused myself a bit.

Anarathiel
2nd Apr 2012, 6:25 PM

Okay, I have a question, is there any way to turn a toddler back into a baby with MC or any other mod? I might have played my game a little too far and now I need more photos for my next chapter but the baby already aged up. I THOUGHT I saved as right as the baby was born, just in case I didn't get enough shots and played through a little more. But when I clicked on the save as game I did where the kid was still a baby, it brought up my current save. Does that make sense? I think I confused myself a bit.

Thanks Jessica.
I used to do box houses too, but i use floor plans now, then I tweak it a bit.

I don't know how to do it without a mod, sorry.

calisims
2nd Apr 2012, 6:34 PM

If you just need a few photos, use MC to create an Instant Baby. Hide the toddler somewhere and take your pics, and then don't save.

jessica x gore
2nd Apr 2012, 6:37 PM
You're welcome! I may have to try that...one day. I get frustrated when I'm building because nothing ever wants to go where I want it.

Oh, I want to know how to do it WITH mods.

EDIT:

Melissa: I was going to do that, but I wanted to see if I could age the current child down to a baby again. Thank you. I'll just do that. =]

ReyaD
2nd Apr 2012, 6:41 PM
I'm goanna have to agree with Melissa on this one, Jess, instant baby seems like the only option. Also: the site isn't letting me return your PM for some reason so I'll try again later. O_o

Oh and I've got an update.

1.5 - Secrets Come Free http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/15-secrets-come-free.html

At first I was worried about just how MANY secrets are revealed in this chapter and feared they'd get lost next to each other but screw it. It just works.

Anarathiel
2nd Apr 2012, 6:53 PM
Jessica: What I'd do is create a new save and age the baby down in CAS using MC. That way you can use the same baby

jessica x gore
2nd Apr 2012, 7:03 PM
Cece: Yeah, I'm going to have to do that. Oh and my inbox was full. Oops! =]

Ana: It will only let you age them down to a toddler in CAS, at least as far as I know? I need a baby. =/

LadyAwesome
2nd Apr 2012, 7:04 PM
Im awake too damn early but I feel better about it now :)

edit] My new favorite blog :D www.acecreators.blogspot.com

Anarathiel
2nd Apr 2012, 9:13 PM
Damn, I'm really eager to move my family out of their current house. But there doesn't seem to be a plotline that will fit it in at the moment. I will only start writing again once I've moved them now. You might be waiting a while for the next update.

Redhead Creations
2nd Apr 2012, 9:24 PM
How about a housefire? That can be nice and random. =)

Anarathiel
2nd Apr 2012, 9:39 PM
I guess that would work. I was thinking that when Eden ages up, the family will move out but he'll stay in the house. But a house fire would be good XD

jessica x gore
2nd Apr 2012, 9:57 PM
Oh, I'll have to move my family as well...soon. Bridgeport is already starting get on my nerves. I've already got the plot for why they're moving though.

Update! Chapter Twenty Eight: 'Til Death Do Us Part (http://burkhartlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-twenty-eight-til-death-do-us.html)

CinderEmma
3rd Apr 2012, 1:26 AM
My baby nephew is born today :D Zachary is just too cute!!!

NutsAndDolts
3rd Apr 2012, 2:34 AM
Grats, CE. :)

Buckley
3rd Apr 2012, 2:36 AM
Yay Emma! Congratulations, that's awesome!! :)

Edit: And Becky, I'm so glad you're back. Hehe, I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. (As you know. ;))

ReyaD
3rd Apr 2012, 2:42 AM
Yeah okay fine, I'll admit I believed Becky up until I actually started reading her new blog. And then I was crying from laughter so hard my sides hurt.

Aaaw. Congrats to Zachary's mother and father, Emma!

Buckley
3rd Apr 2012, 4:36 AM
I have an update. Chapter 2: The Calm Before The Storm

http://themckinleychronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-2-calm-before-storm.html

Edit: And there's no controversy in this chapter, lol. ;)

Amiisay
3rd Apr 2012, 4:59 AM
@Buckley - I really love it so far! I can't comment on the actual blog -- for some reason it always stops it from commenting -- but I hope Jo doesn't get herself too hurt!

Amiisay
3rd Apr 2012, 7:05 AM
Chapter 17: Constantly Changing (http://carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/chapter-17-constantly-changing/)

Things start getting settled, and then completely messed up, of course.

Buckley
3rd Apr 2012, 7:25 AM
@Buckley - I really love it so far! I can't comment on the actual blog -- for some reason it always stops it from commenting -- but I hope Jo doesn't get herself too hurt!
Thanks Amiisay! I really appreciate it! :) That's weird about the commenting issue though. I hope it gets fixed! :)

AJH
3rd Apr 2012, 7:52 AM

I just don't build because I'm too rubbish at it, I can alter existing buildings just fine but starting from scratch it almost always goes wrong.

Zokugai
3rd Apr 2012, 8:18 AM

You could just do an Instant Baby on some townie and temporarily steal their kid for the photos. It's not a felony if it's in the Sims! ;)

jessica x gore
3rd Apr 2012, 8:28 AM
Lol!

"Excuse me..Mrs? Could I borrow your baby for like a sec? Kthxbye!"

AJH
3rd Apr 2012, 9:10 AM
My baby nephew is born today :D Zachary is just too cute!!!
Ooh, congratulations! I have a new baby nephew too, just two weeks old & I'm going up to visit him (and my sister & brother-in-law) on thursday! :D

CyyKosis
3rd Apr 2012, 10:55 AM
Congrats Emma and Ali! No nephews here, but I do have a new future-rook-sister-in-law as of last Friday named Raelyn :)

teal_moonshine
3rd Apr 2012, 11:04 AM
The best thing about nieces and nephews (I got 3 all from 1 sister and she's 24) is that you get to wind them up and then pass them back. I also taught my eldest nephew how to pick his nose and then link it to the question of 'where's your nose' :)

LadyAwesome
3rd Apr 2012, 12:14 PM
I hope im not an auntie anytime soon..... my 20 y/o brother just got his first gf >.<

aaaaaaaand I went to see the hunger games finally - its the best jiz ever.

teal_moonshine
3rd Apr 2012, 12:20 PM
I loved the books and I know the movie was good because I remember almost nothing of it. My mind purposely blocks good things out so I want to go see it again.

calisims
3rd Apr 2012, 3:50 PM
Hey, guys, misukisu just updated her blog with the bondage wear set she made for my Justin.
And she used him as a model, which just makes me squee.
So, here's the link if anyone is interested in checking it out:
http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/2012/04/male-bondage-wear.html

severedsolo
3rd Apr 2012, 5:16 PM
Hey guys and girls. Just thought I'd poke my head in and say hello. Sorry I've been so quiet, between baby solo and work no time for simming :S

calisims
3rd Apr 2012, 5:24 PM
Hey, Martin! It's great to see you around. Congrats on the new baby!
Boy or girl? =D

severedsolo
3rd Apr 2012, 5:27 PM
A very loud, and very hungry little boy named Harvey.

Baby, new job and moving house all within 3 months. Have been very busy as you can imagine.

Redhead Creations
3rd Apr 2012, 5:47 PM
Congrats Martin! I can only imagine how busy you must be. And all in 3 months? WOW!

Though it's nice to see you poking your head in. =)

ReyaD
3rd Apr 2012, 5:51 PM
Congrats on your new baby, Solo! *hugs* And yeah, talk about busy. O_o

calisims
3rd Apr 2012, 5:52 PM
Yeah, can't blame you for not having time for Sims! But it is great to see you around for a little bit.

ReyaD
3rd Apr 2012, 6:05 PM
Update!

1.6 - How to Break a Heart http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/16-how-to-break-heart.html

Originally I was going to combine this chapter and the next, but I don't know when I'll be able to play next (stupid Tuesday) so I figured I'd post it as is.

CinderEmma
3rd Apr 2012, 6:24 PM
Aaaw. Congrats to Zachary's mother and father, Emma!Mom and Mama actually, but I get the sentiment :) Thanks everybody for all the congrats!

jessica x gore
3rd Apr 2012, 7:43 PM
Congratulations to everyone on their new babies! =]

AJH
3rd Apr 2012, 7:44 PM
A very loud, and very hungry little boy named Harvey.

Baby, new job and moving house all within 3 months. Have been very busy as you can imagine.
You have been busy! Congratulations!

Zokugai
3rd Apr 2012, 11:51 PM
I've been prepping for a trip out of state that starts tomorrow...so either I'll disappear for a week or I'll have time to do like three updates, depending on how it goes. Promise to write at least one on the plane.

Cece: "And the friggin singer career pays NOTHING. I'm dyyyying. "

It turns around, promise. You wind up going from absolutely no money whatsoever to making ten grand a night in, like, one promotion. Top level performer makes 18,000 each from the stadium and theater gig, and something like 11k from private venue, so if you get the regular gig or whatever they call it when you arrange to have the same gig on that night every week, it becomes literally the most money you can possibly make in The Sims 3 without resorting to the guitarist perform exploit (which is cheating anyway :P ).

But hey, welcome back to the world of first-gen legacy households! Enjoy your bare walls and bathtub on the front lawn, while you're at it. ;D

ReyaD
4th Apr 2012, 12:33 AM
*Head -> Desk* Yeeeep. I hate starting new legacies. WHY MUST YOU BE SO POOR?

T_T

Well Melody's on level 4 already with no successful auditions yet. Either my game hates me or she really sucks at singing.

kadience
4th Apr 2012, 1:03 AM
Yeeeep. I hate starting new legacies. WHY MUST YOU BE SO POOR?

I always feel like my sims have it too easy once they make money... But when they're poor, I'd rather they were rich.... There's no middle ground. :P

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 1:29 AM
AGHHHH the chat is down, its the end of the world! Anyway Awwwwww, I think I cheated too much in my legacy, I was sick of having like no house, but that is because everytime My sims go to work like busking ect there was no one around so they never made any monies. SIGH Maybe I should start a new legacy I cant decide GAH!

Tell me what to do, Start a new Legacy with Kiwi and Vett of course, we cant leave him behind.... OR try suffer through my overly cheated game.?

ReyaD
4th Apr 2012, 1:36 AM
Kiwi! Kiwi! I want Kiwi!

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 1:50 AM
KIWI IT IS!!!!

Oh for some reason I can't remember how to open the roller thing.

Edit/ Its ok got it..... Her Generation

Marital Structure: Single Parent
Number of Children: One Child
Primary Income: Ambitions Job: Firefighter
Generation Goal: Fulfilled
Misc Fun: Partier

Boring roll BUT Hey who knows what can happen :P

CinderEmma
4th Apr 2012, 3:23 AM
I don't know, a fiery partier sounds fun to me!

Zokugai
4th Apr 2012, 6:03 AM
Well Melody's on level 4 already with no successful auditions yet. Either my game hates me or she really sucks at singing.

Are you following the right order?

Lvl 2: Big Parks
Lvl 3: Coffeehouse
Lvl 5: Live Show Venue
Lvl 7: Private Venue
Lvl 8: Big Show (stadium, theater/concert hall)

It's still not 100% at those levels, but it gets better the higher above that level you are. If nothing else, at four you should definitely be able to book a park gig.

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 6:43 AM
Gah, I spent all afternoon setting up Kiwi Vett and coy then game crashed again hahaha when will I learn to save!

Buckley
4th Apr 2012, 7:29 AM
Aww, Kayla! :( That sucks! I'm sorry that happened.

I have a question about the challenge. My founder is employed in the film career, which means playing through the crappy celebrity system. She recently received an opportunity to earn some celebrity points by recording a commercial or whatever it was, but they paid her like $10K to do it. Am I allowed to keep it? She has the opportunist LTR which is why it's so much, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating.

Also, since I'm already posting, I'm curious what you guys thinks about using poses to tell your story. Originally, I had only planned to use them in my around town page, but now I'm addicted! They make illustrating certain scenes and emotions so much easier. But is there a point when it become less about the legacy and more about staging a scene? I just don't want to overuse them and get that fake feeling, you know? What do y'all think? Do you like or dislike seeing poses in people's blogs? Or do you even care? Lol.

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 7:38 AM
Personally, I LOVE poses especially when we are trying to portray a certain scene.

I don't know about taking that money though.

teal_moonshine
4th Apr 2012, 7:48 AM
Well, I accidently saved over Morgan's Legacy... Thought it was saved as something else... Clearly, I'm awesome.

Anyway, I started a new one.

Gen 1: Thom Murphy and his wife Maya
Couple
1 Child
Military
Part-time job
Change of scenery
Hands off

Thom is Thor from my mythology sims and Maya is Amphritrite, Poseidon's wife.

ReyaD
4th Apr 2012, 7:52 AM
Buckley I'm all for poses personally... but you'll see why in my newest legacy. It just makes story TELLING easier.

Oh and Melissa, it turns out Harris didn't ever need to make himself a clone. He just needed to meet Alexandra. Cause their son... wow. <3

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-1337.jpg

EDIT: And Buckley, I'd say take the money and run. It was a random opportunity so just count yourself lucky.

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 8:00 AM
I swear you just like making sims lol
I should of re-installed my game. because boom crash more crashing arghhhh

teal_moonshine
4th Apr 2012, 8:13 AM
Who, me?

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 8:48 AM
lol yes teal! But they are all very lovely sims. an't wait till we finally get a story out of you!

teal_moonshine
4th Apr 2012, 8:59 AM
Yeah, I do like making them a little... A story will come eventually, but I need a computer that wont blow up and can handle all the EP's lol. One day, one day...

AJH
4th Apr 2012, 9:31 AM
I have a question about the challenge. My founder is employed in the film career, which means playing through the crappy celebrity system. She recently received an opportunity to earn some celebrity points by recording a commercial or whatever it was, but they paid her like $10K to do it. Am I allowed to keep it? She has the opportunist LTR which is why it's so much, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating.
I don't see why you shouldn't keep it, it was a random opportunity and we're allowed to do those & keep the reward :)

Also, since I'm already posting, I'm curious what you guys thinks about using poses to tell your story. Originally, I had only planned to use them in my around town page, but now I'm addicted! They make illustrating certain scenes and emotions so much easier. But is there a point when it become less about the legacy and more about staging a scene? I just don't want to overuse them and get that fake feeling, you know? What do y'all think? Do you like or dislike seeing poses in people's blogs? Or do you even care? Lol.
I'm not bothered either way, even without using poses sometimes the only way to tell the story is to stage a scene anyway.

Oh, and I have an update:- http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/chapter-fifty-two.html

This was quite a hard chapter for me to write so I hope it came out ok!

LadyAwesome
4th Apr 2012, 9:43 AM
I'm kind of thinking mine cant handle it..... why else would my game crash 4 times in 4 hours lol

And here is the beautiful Kiwi all grown up!

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/35132_120404044730Screenshot-3.jpg

teal_moonshine
4th Apr 2012, 9:53 AM
It's a surprise mine even let's me play. The graphics card isn't compatible even from the base game and it's a 3 year old, stock standard 'I'm-not-a-gaming-computer computer...

NutsAndDolts
4th Apr 2012, 12:49 PM
I think you're allowed to keep the 10k. Not only did it come from an opportunity, it came from a job-related one. But if you feel uncomfortable with it, just master-controller the funds away or whatever. Personally I never do anything with celebrities, even when I had a sim in the film career, so I don't know how crazy those opportunities are.

Klevkin
4th Apr 2012, 1:36 PM
hey all...*drags feet into this topic*

here's me (again).......

so I'm gonna go do something really weird...i'm at least going to put my crist legacy at hold for a while...I have enough pics for at least another chapter, might write it, might not. But the thing is, my game is messing up again....it's crashing to desktop, it's giving me error 12's....and most annoyingly...it's giving me nothing but boy heirs! And it's driving me nuts.

So I'm starting over, with a sim I created myself, in a small world. With a new roll (I feel like i've been rerolling to much this last generation anyways to get stuff going again, feels like cheating, and i'm not a very good cheater...)
I'm planning on using Redwood Harbor from Mysimrealty.com. And I'm going to use the save file as well (once I can get my internet connection to speed up the download...rediculous 30 minutes for 15mb...) cause I simply do not have the energy to create founding families to fill a town myself.
It's starting to feel like a hype atm right?? Starting over :)

Next point on my apoligy list, I do not have a lot of energy at the time. Frustrating thing is, it seems likely I will never have a lot of energy, sure I will have some for small periods of time, but mostly I will be tired, I have been since puberty, but normally i'd just pretend I wasn't cause I felt like I was not allowed to. For reasons that I am not going to say in public (people are allowed to ask me in PM :) if you really want to know, it's not that private, I just don't want it out there for everyone to read) I have finally learned to accept this, and it will also mean that I will not be playing and posting as much as I did in the previous months.
BUT! I do miss you lot in my days of absence, so I will keep playing, and posting, just not as regular as I was doing. Though I feel like i'm missing out on stuff now, I do feel better when I take my time to do stuff. And I think I will feel less guilty for not showing up now that I have said it out loud :)

I don't think anyone of you cares a lot about what I said above (well other then perhaps compasion :lol:) but I just needed it off my chest, things can go on in my mind forever until they become this very big big big mountain that I can't handle anymore ;) so just pretend you never read it ;) and just know I will come by at least once a week :P

then as a final say:

Becky! I LOVED your joke :D I laughed so hard :D it was just what I needed :D

calisims
4th Apr 2012, 2:20 PM
Yeah, you can keep any opportunity money. The celebrity opps can be very lucrative, but so can the painting and sculpting ones. I've gotten like 50k from some painting opps, and that's totally allowed even if you aren't a career artist.

@Cece, I look at that face now and all I see is Lecocq, lol. I used Harris as a base for Rainier.

@Klev, you don't need to apologize. It will be great to have you around whenever you can make it, but don't feel like you have to stress yourself over it. I hope your new legacy goes well and your game stops messing up.

CinderEmma
4th Apr 2012, 7:51 PM
Bah, none of my custom worlds (except Jericho for some reason) are showing up, I'm going to try to find them again.
*sulks slightly*

CyyKosis
4th Apr 2012, 8:32 PM
That's strange, Emma... maybe they uninstalled themselves?

I've been missing for a while now because I've been working on this (spoiler-ed so the board loads faster since there's two pics below):

http://i43.tinypic.com/15wz0ns.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/1498iab.jpg

I haven't done the bedrooms yet... I never do until I need them! I'm still working on the landscaping, which in my mind seems impossible. I just can't do it! I've read tutorials and looked up examples but it will always be my weak point...

As soon as I finish up with that, back to my story! There are five different ways I want to take it, and I think I've narrowed it down to two, but choosing which one is so difficult >.<

CinderEmma
4th Apr 2012, 8:35 PM
Pretty house!!! *steals*
Well, even one or two "new" ones might make my worlds a bit shinier and newer XD It's just annoying to install again, silly sims! :faceslap:

ReyaD
4th Apr 2012, 8:38 PM
Cyyk you have no idea how jealous I am right now O_O. (Oh and if you need someone to bounce ideas off of... my inbox has room. *Hint hint*)

I was sort of tempted to make a new house for Mel and Alex but honestly they'd just be moving again soon enough. They don't have nearly enough money for me to make a worthwhile property. I'll just be expanding to their current home until Melody gets to the level that Zoku promised has riches.

NutsAndDolts
4th Apr 2012, 9:04 PM
My painters almost never get opportunities for their paintings. ;.;

CinderEmma
5th Apr 2012, 3:21 AM
I usually don't get far enough in the painting to get opportunities XD They get distracted with babies XD

Zokugai
5th Apr 2012, 5:09 AM
If it helps Cece, after buy a decent (but not best) bed/stove/fridge I turned around pretty much all of my singer's salary into stage items. By the time she hit level five or so she basically never had a bad show and regularly had legendary gigs.

Buckley
5th Apr 2012, 7:35 AM
I have another update! :)

Chapter 3: Blackout
http://themckinleychronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-3-blackout.html

P.S. First half is a drag, but if you can get through it then the second part gets much better (imo).

AJH
5th Apr 2012, 8:16 AM
I've been missing for a while now because I've been working on this (spoiler-ed so the board loads faster since there's two pics below):
Oh that's so gorgeous! *wants*

LadyAwesome
5th Apr 2012, 8:29 AM
1 day..... CRASH! WHY >.< Should of done the reinstall

ReyaD
5th Apr 2012, 8:59 AM
I feel your pain, Kayla. My game has been f-d since last night. I can open the game fine, but after about an in-game hour it freezes up on me. I notice it happened around 10 am and that a lot of kids were late for school so I re-did the school lot layout to eliminate traffic issues, but the evil eternal hang of doom continues.

I have tried restarting the game, restarting the computer, MC's reset everything, and even switching households! Nothing! Any ideas? I know last time I had this I switched to the Fierce family (Aviva and Sebastian) and Aviva was having her baby. The labour went fine and the lag was gone. Is there a possibility that sims in labour are causing the hanging? I think Gwen's baby is due right about where I am in game right now.

CyyKosis
5th Apr 2012, 9:10 AM
That could be it... Also check to see if there are any babies aging up into toddlers at that time. I had a hanging problem when my town had too many toddlers for some reason--->so weird.

kadience
5th Apr 2012, 6:06 PM
I haven't done the bedrooms yet... I never do until I need them! I'm still working on the landscaping, which in my mind seems impossible. I just can't do it! I've read tutorials and looked up examples but it will always be my weak point...

That is a gorgeous house.... You've just put all my sims houses to shame...

CinderEmma
5th Apr 2012, 9:49 PM
Installed a bunch of CC...and now it's conflicting with each other. BAH

kadience
6th Apr 2012, 4:12 AM
http://mekeelegacy.blogspot.ca/

This one is going to be updated once to twice a week. Maybe more.
And the Blacks will be updated every couple weeks.

ReyaD
6th Apr 2012, 6:23 PM
So my game keeps freezing moments after I start the game. I've tried everything including reset everything but the freezing always returns before I can do anything. I tried using Twallan's porter mod to package everything up into a new version of the town but then my game crashed to desktop right in the middle of it.

Any suggestions? I'm freaking out just a little.

calisims
6th Apr 2012, 8:22 PM
That sucks, Cece.
As a last ditch effort. You could bin your families individually, move them to a new town and use MC to restore the relationships.
Have you tried just playing in other towns to see if the freezing problem is just your legacy hood? If you have some bad CC or something, moving won't help.

ReyaD
6th Apr 2012, 8:24 PM
I removed over half my CC (Keeping Twallan's mod, Anubis CC and pose player + poses) and then loaded up my old alternate save of the Sari legacy before Liam had been conceived. It still froze after a few moments.

NutsAndDolts
6th Apr 2012, 10:00 PM
Try loading a fresh town.

LadyAwesome
7th Apr 2012, 3:05 AM
Yeah that has happened to me a couple of times

ReyaD
7th Apr 2012, 3:41 AM
Well I opened up an empty build world and managed to play for two in game weeks just fine as well as build a house (a shack) from scratch and multiple edits to it without any crashing or hanging.

Going to remove all my mods (except for Porter) and see if that stops the crash to desktop during processing glitch. If not I'll have to process each household individually and then edit their relationships in later. Which actually isn't SO bad with a total population of 37.

Oh and for anyone who is curious, this is what Alex and Mel's lovechild would look like:

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-1356.jpg

CinderEmma
7th Apr 2012, 5:13 AM
The lovechild is sooooo cute :) I hope the glitches deglitch themselves, I've been having problems with this one sim I'm trying to play with. Ugh, all her CC malfunctioned, making her a black blob of doom. Even her face reset 0_o At least I had a half complete version of her saved...but I miss her tatted body, I was too lazy to redo that.

LadyAwesome
7th Apr 2012, 6:28 AM
Oh well yay you. Im spending this entire weekend with my darling boyfriend drinking too much eating too much takeaways :)

Happy Easter Everyone. Even though half of you don't celebrate it.... its a public holiday here

ReyaD
7th Apr 2012, 7:31 AM
Its a holiday here too, Kayla. My dad doesn't like us eating meat on Good Friday so my sisters snuck out to the mall for our first burger in years. Well, they had burgers. I had chicken. Beef makes me sick.

We did have fish for dinner though. And it was delicious <3.

So Portering FINALLY worked, and they unpacked into a new Morikipo just fine but then froze after the first save, so I'm going to test Hammond Island next to see if THAT'll work (And get me those last f-ing photos for the chapter I need before a certain somebody kills me). I've got to assume that its Morikipo itself that is borked as the town has given me issues before and the creator herself admitted the town is VERY large and will likely have issues.

TLDR: So basically I'm planning to move everyone to a new, similar, island type town. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. My only criteria is tropical-esque and small or medium world size at largest.

ANiallGirl4Life
7th Apr 2012, 7:47 PM
I'm redoing my legacy because this time the sims will be named after The Hunger Games, Twilight, and The Mysterious Benedict Society, and Alex Rider characters....and characters from other books if I need to. This legacy is the Legend Legacy. The founder is Matthew Legend and he's a Pleasure sim.
A Generation
Matthew and his new wife Haley have given birth to baby Alistair! Alistair is a Twilight character and he's Carlisle's old friend. He's very mysterious and his only appearance in the books is in Breaking Dawn when the Cullens call him to come convince the Volturi that Renesmee isn't an immortal child. He stays locked away in the attic most of the time and little is known about him. Baby Alistair has his mommy's light skin tone and brown eyes and his daddy's brown hair. Haley is preggy with their second child and Alistair is now a toddler. His personality is 10/4/7/1/6. Haley has given birth to her second son Aro! Aro is also a Twilight character and is an evil Volturi king. His character is quite strange....and not in a good way. He also has a creepy stare and smile. Aro has brown eyes and pale skin like mommy and brown hair like daddy. I will dye the brown hair black when he's a toddler...but shhh don't tell him!

CinderEmma
7th Apr 2012, 8:34 PM
My boyfriend is at PAX in Boston, and I'm SCREAMING in my head from all the awesomeness I'm hearing. WHY CAN'T I BE THERE!?!
Next year, I will be there if I have to push people out of the way XD

kadience
7th Apr 2012, 9:53 PM
http://mekeelegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/11-not-much-going.html
Very short update. I made it late last night. And my game was being very very laggy.

ReyaD
7th Apr 2012, 11:05 PM
FINALLY an update. Sorry about that, guys.

1.7 - Welcome to the Family http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/17-welcome-to-family.html?zx=3fd7fc61548f8306

NutsAndDolts
8th Apr 2012, 4:22 AM
Chapter 82 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-82-between-us.html

Since it's only 10 generations, X Y and Z probably won't be a problem, Candy.

For F, some cool names are Fiona, Falcon, Fauna, Franchesca, Frey, Freya, Fritz.... (okay, no one ever liked the name Fritz but me).

teal_moonshine
8th Apr 2012, 5:03 AM
Felix. I love Felix. Freya is also a Norse god.

CinderEmma
8th Apr 2012, 6:24 AM
Chapter 82 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-82-between-us.html

Since it's only 10 generations, X Y and Z probably won't be a problem, Candy.

For F, some cool names are Fiona, Falcon, Fauna, Franchesca, Frey, Freya, Fritz.... (okay, no one ever liked the name Fritz but me).Not quite the same, but I have a love for Archduke Franz Ferdinand :) I always called him Archieduke XD I had a teacher with the last name Fritzpatrick, what a lovely man!
And yes, I do plan on one day naming one of my snobby insane sims Archieduke XD

ReyaD
8th Apr 2012, 11:43 PM
So Autumn Falls is actually a really cute town. And no lag or hanging! : D

1.8 - Whatever it Takes http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/18-whatever-it-takes.html

Amiisay
9th Apr 2012, 12:13 AM
Chapter 18: No Matter What (http://carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/chapter-18-no-matter-what/)

Kind of a filler, but there are births and birthdays!

Happy Easter! and if you don't celebrate it, just have a nice day! :D

LadyAwesome
9th Apr 2012, 2:04 AM
SO. Tanisha was playing sims this morning. The only CC she has in her game is twallands mod. There was no crashing, no code 12.... Obviosly I need to get rid of everything >.< But I dont wannaaaa

ReyaD
9th Apr 2012, 2:06 AM
SO. Tanisha was playing sims this morning. The only CC she has in her game is twallands mod. There was no crashing, no code 12.... Obviosly I need to get rid of everything >.< But I dont wannaaaa

My hypothesis is Sims 3 only likes little kids. Cause my sister's game works at lightning fast speeds and her computer SUCKS.

LadyAwesome
9th Apr 2012, 2:39 AM
Agreed haha

Buckley
9th Apr 2012, 3:13 AM
I'm not happy with how this chapter came out. At all. But I can't post my next update until this one is up, so here it is. Sorry for how sucky it is, but on a positive note (or what I hope is a positive note) there is a sex scene! Poorly written and very awkward, but there it is! Lol. :)

Chapter 4: A Pretty Little Liar
http://themckinleychronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-4-pretty-little-liar.html

Amiisay
9th Apr 2012, 3:27 AM
Haha, well I'd like to not consider myself a little kid (though I'm not quite an adult) and my game doesn't seem to have any problems unless my laptop gets too warm. That being said, I don't have any CC other than stuff I got from the exchange, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, I made my banner for my legacy, so if you guys don't mind stopping by even to just let me know how the banner is, it would be great!

http://carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com/

CinderEmma
9th Apr 2012, 3:31 AM
*sighs* Why can't I get motivated? I want to continue my legacy, but I just can't blog it :(

Buckley
9th Apr 2012, 3:38 AM
Emma, why don't you do a time skip? (A McKinley, lol. ;)) Like, don't try to blog the stuff you've already done, but just pick up from where you are in game? You can always do a short paragraph or two explaining what we missed. Just a thought.

Edit: Or you could just play a legacy without blogging it? Just showing us pictures of heirs and stuff? That might work too. :)

CinderEmma
9th Apr 2012, 3:41 AM
Hm...I wonder if a time skip could work. Maybe not where I am, but past some of the boring stuff. But I have plot stuff...Hm.
I love writing, it's just hard to get started again. I think once I start, I'll be good?

CinderEmma
9th Apr 2012, 4:51 AM
And...I got a short chapter done.
http://marlinlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/chapter-forty-nine-family-keeps-on.html
I'm crazy 0_o

GigaRevival
9th Apr 2012, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone (that still remember me, and the new faces too!).

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things with my legacy and should have a chapter up later this week. I got caught up in school (my dissertation, to be exact) and haven't had much time to play. And ME3 had something to do with it too, but yeah...

Anyway, I can't wait to read everyone's updates and catch up! I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten (lookin' at you Cece and Colleen and Klev and Melissa... and oh gawd!). D: How long has it been?!!!!

Buckley
9th Apr 2012, 10:25 AM
Giga!!! <3

Welcome back! I'm so happy you haven't abandoned your legacy! I was just talking about you with Cece yesterday, wondering where you'd gone to. Your dissertation? Yikes! I'm glad you're all caught up with it though. :)

Btw, my legacy isn't that bad. I just started a new one, so only four chapters so far. Also, I used Dasia as one of my townie Sims. I hope you don't mind... :)

39CBones
9th Apr 2012, 11:11 AM
Well, Hello everyone that remembers me (and I'm guessing that aren't too many) :P
To make it short: Before, I didn't have much time to play the sims 3. Now I got a new computer (A really good one) and a lot of time over, so I'm planning to start from scratch, and pretend that my old, crappy, 4-chapter-legacies never happend.

CyyKosis
9th Apr 2012, 12:06 PM
Giga! Hey we missed you! I'm also now officially going to be more active since I beat ME:3 as of... less than a minute ago. Don't even get me started on how disappointed I am in it... oh well, at least I still have my sims :)

Buckley
9th Apr 2012, 12:08 PM
Lol Maddie. I'm glad you're going to be around more too. :)

Welcome back, bones. I remember you (of course! :)), and I'm looking forward to your new legacy.

NutsAndDolts
9th Apr 2012, 12:13 PM
Guys, question.

Do those obnoxious "click to agree to continue to horrible things, we warned you!!!" orange buttons on blogger appear automatically via Internet police, or do you have to add it somewhere in settings?

I'm like, worried my blog has one. o.o

Not so much worried that it SHOULD, since I'd hope random people don't stumble across it.

Buckley
9th Apr 2012, 12:18 PM
On blogger in the settings tab (under the "other" heading), there is an area that asks if the blog is adult content. You change that to "yes" and the warning pops ups. :)

Edit: Whoops. I thought you wanted your blog to have it, lol. Yours is warning free atm, so you're all clear.

39CBones
9th Apr 2012, 12:44 PM
I rolled for y first generation. Couple, 3 kids, Primary Income: Acrobat, Sec: Part Time Job, Goal: Hobby, Or Obsession?, Misc. Fun: Partier
Now I'm going to create my sims and start my legacy :)

NutsAndDolts
9th Apr 2012, 1:10 PM
Have fun. =D

And thanks Colleen.

Edit: Chapter 83 is up.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012/04/chapter-83-for-as-far-as-you-wander.html

calisims
9th Apr 2012, 2:27 PM
Giga! I'm glad you're back!
I still haven't quite finished my ME3 playthrough, because I'm too distracted by Sims, lol. But I've seen my husband's ending and...yeah, all that work for that? BioWare has made an announcement though, this summer they'll be releasing a free DLC to extend/clarify the ending more.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you get back on your legacy! I'm glad you got through your dissertation.

Redhead Creations
9th Apr 2012, 4:37 PM
Seems to be the nature of things, people come and go and come again. =) I know I do the same thing.

I've started working on my next update, but for some reason it's just not flowing well. I've been sick the last week and 1/2, which might have to do with the creative block.

Also, a friend got me Skyrim to play while I was stuck in bed over the weekend. And can I just say that it's a pretty awesome game? The world is stunningly beautiful and I'm actually having a lot of fun playing it! I don't normally go for the "fighting" games, but this one has a lot of puzzle aspects to it as well. I just got to the Throat of the World and I'm a little embarrassed to say that the scene there kind of brought tears to my eye. But that might have also been the sinus infection.

ReyaD
9th Apr 2012, 5:52 PM
How do you know when a guy is perfect? When you call him and he says "Oh hey! Just give me one minute. I'm going to shut off Skyrim so we can talk without distractions." Yeah. My boyfriend is awesome. (Now if I could just afford him the same kindness when it comes to the Sims.... yeah, not happening. But don't tell him that.)

1.9 - Just a Whore http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspot.ca/2012/04/19-just-whore.html?zx=d8a2a52995dea076

So. A WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER. The majority of it is sweet, happy, a good chapter. Then you get to the end and you get to the part that actually requires a warning. It was hard for me to write that scene and I did try to leave as much as possible unsaid while still making it obvious whats going to happen.

Please accept this apology photo of Naveen playing with his adorable baby girl:

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/Rey4rey4/Screenshot-1520.jpg

GigaRevival
9th Apr 2012, 8:26 PM
Colleen: Thanks! And I'm excited to see Dasia!!111! Also, I saw your PM and I'll be getting to it after class. ; )

Maddie and Melissa: Yeah.... 'dat ending. : / Why, why? Seriously. But I'll stop before I start ranting. And thanks for the welcome back!

Red: Skyrim is amazing! I still haven't finished because it's just too massive - but it's definitely worth it.

GigaRevival
9th Apr 2012, 11:15 PM
I have a new chapter (finally):

http://harrislegacy.blogspot.com/2012/04/47-family-visit.html

An unexpected visitor, a relationship rebuilt.

And now I'm off to read the updates I've missed. ;)

LadyAwesome
9th Apr 2012, 11:26 PM
GIGA! I am so glad you are back too. *snuggles* So.........

I went to a smaller world Charlton in fact, so far no issues WEEEE.

GigaRevival
9th Apr 2012, 11:59 PM
GIGA! I am so glad you are back too. *snuggles* So.........

I went to a smaller world Charlton in fact, so far no issues WEEEE.

internet huggles right back at ya'!

I wasn't aware that you were having problems with the game (I haven't had a chance to sift through the thread yet), but I'm glad you're not experiencing any issues so far. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out!!

ReyaD
10th Apr 2012, 12:08 AM
internet huggles right back at ya'!

I wasn't aware that you were having problems with the game (I haven't had a chance to sift through the thread yet), but I'm glad you're not experiencing any issues so far. I'm crossing my fingers that it works out!!

Everyone under the sun has been getting game problems. I only barely managed to keep my save game open long enough to salvage my first generation town to move them!

*Huggles* I really missed you.

GigaRevival
10th Apr 2012, 12:49 AM
D'awww. I missed you too (assuming that was aimed at me lol). I miss our PM chats - in fact, I have one that I'll shooting your way in a couple of days. ; )

I've been reading that quite a few people are having issues with the latest patch. Is that true? I've decided against buying SHT, so I haven't patched yet and if that's what is causing some of the issues, then I'll think I'll refrain for now.

CinderEmma
10th Apr 2012, 2:09 AM
Hm, I haven't been having patch problems, just new CC problems I refuse to get rid of. I spent DAYS putting it in XD

LadyAwesome
10th Apr 2012, 3:50 AM
I dont even know what it is Giga, but I wouldn't patch either, I refuse to buy any more games until they decide to developed them properly

ReyaD
10th Apr 2012, 3:58 AM
I bought it and I don't really regret it... the clothing is right up my alley so <3. But yeah everything else can go die in a hole really. Especially Starlight Shores. What a waste.

And yes Giga, that hug was meant for you. I look forward to your PM!

LadyAwesome
10th Apr 2012, 4:13 AM
I feel left out :(