PDA

View Full Version : The Random Legacy Challenge (1st Thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

AlmaDelCore20
17th Jun 2011, 3:24 AM
Woo~! 8D Welcome, you guys. This is so exciting. ^o^

Also, hearing about all of these glitches is scaring me half to death again. >.> I was about to go start getting ready for my fourth chapter and now I just have this terrifying feeling that I'm going to load up my game and suddenly have Leda and Joey switch genders or something.

NutsAndDolts
17th Jun 2011, 3:41 AM
Thanks severedsolo. =) I'll be happy to help where I can.

LoL, do tell us if that happens, Alma. xD

Glitches are pretty unpredictable. I made it to generation 10 without anything "catastrophic" happening until now.

severedsolo
17th Jun 2011, 3:42 AM
Also, hearing about all of these glitches is scaring me half to death again. >.> I was about to go start getting ready for my fourth chapter and now I just have this terrifying feeling that I'm going to load up my game and suddenly have Leda and Joey switch genders or something.

Now that's something the kids would definitely need therapy for :rofl:

At least that would be easy to fix though... the autonomy bug is a bit more annoying, as you don't even realised it's happened half the time, as the Sims who have switched it off just stay in their house. So unless you go visit them, you don't realise.

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 4:58 AM
That would be the best glitch EVER, Alma. Fem! Carey would be sort of adorable. I don't think Kori would make a good guy though. She's too feminine.

At least you'll still sort of have her, Nuts. Thats better then nothing. I had to abandon the Vasquez legacy because I couldn't stand the thought of no longer having Emily.

Congrats to ebec and Nuts on becoming admins.

AlmaDelCore20
17th Jun 2011, 5:06 AM
Well, the good news is that they were definitely their correct genders. 8D Though I know what you mean. The glitch I got that finally had me uninstall my games earlier was something where my Sim couldn't even do an action toward anyone. Nothing social at all. He could sleep, but only on a couch, because any time he laid down in a bed he teleported to the other side of the house abruptly. Any time that someone tried to interact with him, they'd both be teleported to opposite sides of the room. It was infinitely confusing. That, coupled with the camera glitch where trying to take a picture meant that my Sim was stuck in picture-taking mode FOREVER and where a trip back from France had no nectar maker in my family inventory finally just made me gave up.

And when I said welcome earlier, I definitely meant 'congrats.' OTL I think I need a little more sleep before people let me loose near a keyboard.

CyyKosis
17th Jun 2011, 5:11 AM
I'm with you Alma---I haven't had any bad glitches yet, but the more people talk about it the more paranoid I get of getting one! The only real problem I've had is missing sims... I had forgotten to update Twallen's Overwatch XD, but now that I realized that my babysitter was invisible I've fixed everything.

Nuts---I know it's a little late, but did you try the suggestion here? http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=1090.0

KaiRuh
17th Jun 2011, 5:12 AM
I had that glitch, Alma! The one where your Sim couldn't do anything, particularly anything social. It was the most frustrating thing. I had only just started that legacy, so it wasn't a huge loss, but still very annoying.

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 5:20 AM
xD I do my best writing when I can hardly keep my eyes open. A couple times I've finished and posted pieces of my writing at night, and in the morning I'll log on to my fan site and realize that I don't remember doing any of that.

In my last legacy Emily was screwed up big time. She kept getting negative moodlets that wouldn't go away (Unfriendly vampire, disgusted, etc.) but no one else in the same room would have it. She kept getting younger or older (age bar would skip around) so I was lucky she had a twin sister who was glitch-less to measure her age bar by. Her relationship bars would skip around too, but I cared about that less.

The final glitch that nailed the coffin shut was when grim refused to appear when my sims died. if he doesn't show up, then I don't get a gravestone and the ghosts never show up. I couldn't stand that. I love my ghosties.

AlmaDelCore20
17th Jun 2011, 5:32 AM
I mean, some of my writing seems to work. xD I'm writing out my next chapter right now and I think it's making some sort of sense, but at the same time I just know I'm going to mess up character names (I've been reading random YA novels lately, and since I've been reading The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series I keep misspelling Leda's name as Lena, for example) or write some terribly convoluted plot that wouldn't even work in a soap opera or something. I guess we'll see once I get it posted. 8B

OH GOD. I had that negative moodlet one too! That one sucked massively! OTL And what would happen to your Sims, then? Did they just sort of...fall over dead, but no urn would appear or something?

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 5:42 AM
You obviously haven't read my Starr Legacy. Matthew's story after Ella moved into town is just one GIANT soap opera. It was fun, but a witch to plan out. Serenity's is going to be just as hard, but it SHOULD work out... I hope.

Sometimes I hate being a plotter.

Oh you're reading Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? I haven't read it since I was 12. xD Didn't really understand it at the time, but I've never been one for chick books anyway. What kind of books are you into? I read on average 50-100 a year so I can probably recommend some.

EDIT: Missed your last paragraph. My bad.

They would go ghost (like they do after their bar is up when Grim is on his way) and they'd just stay that way with everyone around them mourning. Emily's first husband died on the lot while visiting his son, and stayed like that for two days before I just force aged him into the final ghost stage and he disappeared. By the time Emily died a week later he hadn't returned to visit at night so I didn't want to force age her.

AlmaDelCore20
17th Jun 2011, 5:46 AM
Bahaha. xD But, see, YOUR soap opera was done well and I enjoyed it. I have this feeling that everyone's going to look at mine and go "WHAT IS THIS CRAP. D8<"

But hey, at least you CAN plot. Mine is sort of...growing organically. Which can either go really well or really badly. I'm not sure which yet. >.> I'm afraid I'll end up breaking a rule or something on accident too.

I'm reading a little bit of everything lately, with an emphasis on good romance (minus the sex scenes) with well-written and developed characters and creative plots. ...that's descriptive and helpful, right? OTL What I really need to START reading is some psychological horror books, preferably with an emphasis on suspense, so that I can start preparing for my novel that I have to finish by like March of 2012. Stupid honors theses.

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 6:02 AM
Eeew. Deadlines. I hate those. My publisher's so pissed at me. My novel was supposed to be done in May. >_> Still in the first revisions. I keep putting it off because the more I look at it, the more stupid I think it is.

We will NOT go "What is this crap. D8<" At least I won't. I promise. If it sucks I swear to lie through my teeth and say its amazing. I'm good at that.

Story > Rules.

One of my favourites is the "Night Watch" series by Sergei Lukyanenko. Its the translation of a russian novel series about light vs. dark. Theres 4 novels, each of which contains three stories with one larger overlapping arc going throughout all of them. Its really deep and philosophical, but such an amazing read. The characters are complex and interesting, the story is just AMAZING, the romance is beautiful and the overall theme blew my mind the first time I read it. Its a bit advance, but not so hard. If you only have time for one, just read the first book "The Night Watch". It was meant as a stand alone book.

Hmm... for other books it would help to know what level you're at reading wise. (Highschool, college, mother of five, etc.) I don't read much romance these days, but I'll check my library see if theres anything I managed to finish that had a good romance in it.

AlmaDelCore20
17th Jun 2011, 6:05 AM
Lying is bad. D8

And that sounds awesome. o: I will definitely look that up.

As for my reading level, I'm about to go into my final year of college and I've always read far beyond my age and level. I've been reading a lot of YA lately just to get away from the thick, immensely thinkable stuff I'm supposed to read for school, since it gives my brain a chance to go on vacation, but I can basically read anything chucked at me and find a way to enjoy it.

I feel like I should be saying more about the challenge since this is the official challenge thread instead of starting a book club. xD So, umm...MY NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE UP SOON? 8D YAY?

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 6:11 AM
I update daily! But I only have enough material for tomorrow and half of the Saturday's... so maybe I should go play a bit before bed... xD

If you want to continue our discussion, Alma, just send me a PM. I'll take a look at my books tomorrow, see if anything might interest you.

AlmaDelCore20
17th Jun 2011, 6:12 AM
Bahaha. xD All right, I'll do that if I remember once I update the legacy tonight. Which is doubtful. But maybe I'll remember when I look at this thread tomorrow. As it is, thanks so much! c:

I'm gonna try to update daily, but given that I'm working three nights in a row starting tomorrow I'm not quite sure how that's gonna work out. >.> I'll just cross my fingers, I guess.

[EDIT] I'm not sure if double-posting is frowned upon on these forums, but just in case, UPDATE.

http://randallfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-5-loopholes.html

Micaela926
17th Jun 2011, 7:31 AM
Finally Updated my Legacy Chapter 18 is up! (http://thesims3legacychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-18.html)

KaiRuh
17th Jun 2011, 8:10 AM
hahah. This is kind of random, but I opened a game in Bridgeport and turned on Twallan's SP.. BAM, instant 30 or so notifications about people getting jobs. :lol:

NutsAndDolts
17th Jun 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm with you Alma---I haven't had any bad glitches yet, but the more people talk about it the more paranoid I get of getting one! The only real problem I've had is missing sims... I had forgotten to update Twallen's Overwatch XD, but now that I realized that my babysitter was invisible I've fixed everything.

Nuts---I know it's a little late, but did you try the suggestion here? http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=1090.0

No, I didn't. But I'll definitely try that if it happens again. Thank you. =)

I'd have to download debug though.

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 11:31 AM
Ah, I actually had to have some sleep, but thanks for the thanks guys :) I'm excited to become an admin :D
I get A LOT of notifications when I open the game, like 10 script error things, 10 job notifications, etc. It's a busy time for my simmies in the beginning :)

calisims
17th Jun 2011, 1:30 PM
Welcome aboard, Emma and Nuts! It's great to have you on the team. :D

I have an update, Chapter 23:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-23-trials-of-being-wealthy.html

I'm having a quiet, peaceful generation this time around, lol.

NutsAndDolts
17th Jun 2011, 1:55 PM
I always feel bad when I start a new town and it wants to kill all the homeless people. =(

severedsolo
17th Jun 2011, 2:25 PM
Alright, massive update has been made to the challenge, so here's a list:

Death Eater is dead. I didn't much like it anyway, and the only person who seems to have actually played it didn't like it much :) so it's gone. (too late for you though Reyna, sorry =/)

New Generation Goals:
Social Bunny - Once a Sim week (Sunday to Saturday) your heir must either go on a date, or on a group outing. It's not required that these outings get a "great" rating, or are even liked, what's important is that they happen. Try to vary the places you go as well, although that's not a requirement (Note: This one replaces Death Eater, as I was too lazy to renumber everything)

Hobby, or Obsession? - Roll on the Non-Standard Career's table. The roll you get is your Sim's hobby. The heir (and spouse where applicable) must spend at least 5 Sim hours a week pursuing their hobby. Your Sim must not make money from this hobby. If you get writing, then only use "Practise writing" and not "Write a book" The heir and spouse should roll seperately for their hobbies.

New Misc Fun: Fashion Diva - Your Sim like to keep up with the latest trends. The heir (and spouse, if you want but not required) must Plan Outfit and change at least ONE of their outfits at least once a Sim week (Sunday to Saturday). Making extra outfits is also allowed if you don't want to lose the one you have.

Update for the program is going to take a little while, I'm currently working on a "smarter" version of career rolls, to make it more accurate.

As ever, the new rules take effect when your next heir reaches YA

CyyKosis
17th Jun 2011, 3:25 PM
I love the new rules! I had always dreaded rolling death eater...

For the life of me I can't remember what section "Born With It" is in. Will it clash with Fashion Diva? I'm not able to check it right now..

Redhead Creations
17th Jun 2011, 3:28 PM
Those should both be Misc Fun rolls, so no clashing. =)

fairycake89
17th Jun 2011, 3:32 PM
I always feel bad when I start a new town and it wants to kill all the homeless people. =(

noooo not killed! They are just going to a better place ... they all go to a lil' shoe box under Uncle Twallan's desk :) <<< *convincing face*

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 3:45 PM
I never kill them, dunno why ;)
Born with it is in misc. fun too, so they won't clash.

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 4:54 PM
CH. 41! The Three Musketeers

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-41.html

Oh my gosh Adrian is BEAUTIFUL. Who knew a vanilla EA Sim and a third generation random could make such an attractive child? I hope his looks are maintained with age.

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 5:52 PM
Serenity and Adrian, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ;P
Or maybe a sofa if Adrain got his way XD

KaiRuh
17th Jun 2011, 6:06 PM
Alright, massive update has been made to the challenge, so here's a list:

Death Eater is dead. I didn't much like it anyway, and the only person who seems to have actually played it didn't like it much :) so it's gone. (too late for you though Reyna, sorry =/)

New Generation Goals:
Social Bunny - Once a Sim week (Sunday to Saturday) your heir must either go on a date, or on a group outing. It's not required that these outings get a "great" rating, or are even liked, what's important is that they happen. Try to vary the places you go as well, although that's not a requirement (Note: This one replaces Death Eater, as I was too lazy to renumber everything)

Hobby, or Obsession? - Roll on the Non-Standard Career's table. The roll you get is your Sim's hobby. The heir (and spouse where applicable) must spend at least 5 Sim hours a week pursuing their hobby. Your Sim must not make money from this hobby. If you get writing, then only use "Practise writing" and not "Write a book" The heir and spouse should roll seperately for their hobbies.

New Misc Fun: Fashion Diva - Your Sim like to keep up with the latest trends. The heir (and spouse, if you want but not required) must Plan Outfit and change at least ONE of their outfits at least once a Sim week (Sunday to Saturday). Making extra outfits is also allowed if you don't want to lose the one you have.

Update for the program is going to take a little while, I'm currently working on a "smarter" version of career rolls, to make it more accurate.

As ever, the new rules take effect when your next heir reaches YA

No "Perfectionist" roll? (These are great, just wondering if it was nixed or just forgotten, lol.)

severedsolo
17th Jun 2011, 6:18 PM
No "Perfectionist" roll? (These are great, just wondering if it was nixed or just forgotten, lol.)

Neither :) it's a work in progress :) I'm ironing it out, trying to pin down exactly what you can/can't do in it, then I will put it up for a vote.

KaiRuh
17th Jun 2011, 6:29 PM
I already posted all of the challenges that require you to make money last night. :o It's a couple of pages back.

Here it is:

I looked through the skill challenges for Perfectionist real quick to see which ones require you to make money.

- All of the Writing challenges require you to write books and one of them requires you to have a certain amount of royalties, so I think that one would have to be restricted to those who rolled writer.
- One of the Mixology challenges requires you to serve a certain number of Sims.. to do so, you'd have to man a bar, and thus make tips off of it. I feel like mixologist tips are negligible, so I dunno if you want to restrict that one or not.
- All of the instruments have a Money Maker challenge that requires you to make $25,000 off of your instrument.. this can happen through opportunites and/or tips, so you could still choose these skills without having rolled busker/band, but it may be difficult to get enough opportunities for it.

All of the others should be fine for anyone to do regardless of what they've rolled.

Collecting and Consignment have "skill" challenges, but there isn't anything to max there. IIRC, the adventure journal has some challenges in it as well, but there also isn't anything you could max for that.. so I would say not to include them since it takes away half the challenge.

Oh, one for the Logic skill requires you to find several celestial bodies (and so make money off of them), but since that's allowed anyway, that one shouldn't be a problem either.

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 6:42 PM
http://marlinlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-eleven-life-moves-quickly.html

Another chapter :) I can't believe I managed to get a chapter done, I'm exhausted today!

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 7:09 PM
Emma! :P Adrian is her cousin! Neal's the one who's goanna be needing a cootie shot.

EDIT: I had a lot of blood tests done today so my arm is in a lot of pain. Tomorrow's update may be postponed until Sunday. I kind of don't want to pass out, y'know?

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 7:40 PM
Oh, but you'll at least find some nice girl for little Adrian?

I'm having Generation glitches now, uuuuuugh! The IF decided to become unselectable and the field trip just didn't do anything except for getting Tyson stuck in the freaking bus. The IF is important for Thorne's character, does anybody have any tips? I've already reset him.

I can't just make a clone either, as I won't get the doll with the clone :(

NutsAndDolts
17th Jun 2011, 8:32 PM
The toy in my toddler's inventory was never selectable, or able to be dragged out. When I put the toddler in its crib, an IF toy appeared in the crib. I was able to drag that to the floor, where the toddler played with it the next morning. With enough play, it grew into a child with the toddler and then interacted with it.

Make sure your mods are up to date.

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 8:56 PM
The mods are up to date, I don't have many.
Apparently it got stuck in a crib, then the crib and IF was unselectable :/ I had to delete it, which is frustrating.

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 9:00 PM
I don't have any ideas as to what could help, Emma. That must just plain suck. I hope I get an IF at least ONCE this legacy xD.

Oh and Adrian will of course get a nice girl... a few girls... many girls... pretty much whatever girl he wants to any given week.

Redhead Creations
17th Jun 2011, 9:01 PM
That's kind of what happened to me, only my IF went invisible. I finally realized it was in the crib when I tried to delete it after Cecil grew up and couldn't because "another object is using" it. So I had to delete it using testingcheats. Poor IF never even made it out of doll state.

fairycake89
17th Jun 2011, 9:03 PM
These IF glitches and so on really seem to be hitting the Legacy simmers hard :( I truly hope they get sorted out for you guys - I simply can't imagine the dedication it takes to do a Legacy challenge and how devastating it'd be to get hit with these bugs after so much time and effort has been invested in the Legacy.

As simply a bystander with regards to Legacies, I am really beginning to wonder if features such as the IF are worth the bother for Legacy simmers.

Anarathiel
17th Jun 2011, 9:48 PM
Hi guys! Nice updates.
I've been really busy over the last week and haven't really had a chance to play sims D:

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 10:15 PM
I was going to have Thorne marry his IF because of his insanity, but now I'll get him with one of the townie kids, there's a few little girls I've been seeing in my SP.
I'll just have to explain the sudden loss of the IF when I already put it into the legacy (luckily only one pic)

And I got the EXACT text as Red (do you mind the nickname?), and the doll was invisible for a while, as it was glitched for at least one sim day before I saw it, and I hover around the crib area all the time.

severedsolo
17th Jun 2011, 10:35 PM
Yay, I just fell a victim of the Romantic Rep system. I take back everything I was thinking about it not being that bad....

So, Generation 2, and my male heir has just become a YA. His gf is still a teenager, but thanks to EGC the relationship wasn't broken off. So he goes round her house to propose, she storms in, accuses him of cheating, and it completely destroys their relationship. I mean completely. They went from +85 ish to about -10.

So I'm sitting there going "Wtf? He has never had another girlfriend." I start searching his relationship panel, and find a romantic interest. I sit there thinking for a moment, then realise, that's the girl he danced with at the prom. WTF? They danced once, never had any other contact, as she was too old for him, and it was all waaay before he met the girlfriend.

Typical... the one girl who doesn't look like a pigs backside, and she's a psycho...

And apparently testingcheats doesn't let you change Long Term Relationship stats, and I can't see an option in MC. Oh joy.

KaiRuh
17th Jun 2011, 10:39 PM
You should be able to drag the bar with testingcheatsenabled... I've done it before. And I'm almost positive there's an option to change it in MC.

Just looked it up. It's under Sim > Intermediate. There are two options for it.

calisims
17th Jun 2011, 10:40 PM
Yay, I just fell a victim of the Romantic Rep system. I take back everything I was thinking about it not being that bad....

So, Generation 2, and my male heir has just become a YA. His gf is still a teenager, but thanks to EGC the relationship wasn't broken off. So he goes round her house to propose, she storms in, accuses him of cheating, and it completely destroys their relationship. I mean completely. They went from +85 ish to about -10.

So I'm sitting there going "Wtf? He has never had another girlfriend." I start searching his relationship panel, and find a romantic interest. I sit there thinking for a moment, then realise, that's the girl he danced with at the prom. WTF? They danced once, never had any other contact, as she was too old for him, and it was all waaay before he met the girlfriend.

Typical... the one girl who doesn't look like a pigs backside, and she's a psycho...

And apparently testingcheats doesn't let you change Long Term Relationship stats, and I can't see an option in MC. Oh joy.

On master controller, you can choose Intermediate>Long Term relationship by Value which allows you to set the relationship score, and Long Term relationship by category to change the relationship back to girlfriend.

severedsolo
17th Jun 2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks Melissa and KaiRuh, must have missed it the first time because I was too busy fuming.

She wouldn't Woohoo with him because she was failing school, so her mood was shot, he danced with a girl back at the beginning of highschool before they even met, and suddenly he's a cheater... yeah great move there EA.

Oddly she didn't break up with him, it just whacked their relationship right down. Still all fixed now :D

Not sure I want her back now... she reminds me too much of my ex gf :rofl:

severedsolo
17th Jun 2011, 11:03 PM
These IF glitches and so on really seem to be hitting the Legacy simmers hard :( I truly hope they get sorted out for you guys - I simply can't imagine the dedication it takes to do a Legacy challenge and how devastating it'd be to get hit with these bugs after so much time and effort has been invested in the Legacy.

As simply a bystander with regards to Legacies, I am really beginning to wonder if features such as the IF are worth the bother for Legacy simmers.

IF's are a pain in the butt. You may as well just not buy the kids any other toys. The advertisement on the doll is ridiculously high. All the kids will want to do is play with it. Plus, if they grow up with your Sim, they will cause them to drop their queue when they try to interact with them.

WTH EA? Since when did autonomous commands override player given ones? I LIKED that feature. When they are being autonomous fine, but player commands should always come first.

Sorry... here endeth the rant. The point I was trying to make was that any future IF's I get will be purged from my game :)

ReyaD
17th Jun 2011, 11:03 PM
Goatta love exes! Yeah, the relationship reputation thing is going to screw me over. Serenity's kid is going to be a single parent of four kids, all half-siblings... I have to make sure to save up for the no-cheat-reputation rewards or it'll be impossible.

BlindingEchoes
17th Jun 2011, 11:23 PM
This is going to be interesting for me because i don't think i've ever played a game without cheating for money lol, but i'm up for the challenge. Question though before i start, i rolled a couple. Do i have to make a single person and find a spouse out of the EA townies/people i've placed in the town, or can i make the couple at the start of the game in CAS and go from there to get 'em married and moved and so on?

calisims
17th Jun 2011, 11:28 PM
This is going to be interesting for me because i don't think i've ever played a game without cheating for money lol, but i'm up for the challenge. Question though before i start, i rolled a couple. Do i have to make a single person and find a spouse out of the EA townies/people i've placed in the town, or can i make the couple at the start of the game in CAS and go from there to get 'em married and moved and so on?

You can create your founding couple in CAS, and you can set them as married in CAS, or have them get married in game if you want a wedding. You don't have to have them get married at all as long as they are a couple living together.
You also have the option to start with a single Sim and find a partner if you want to do that.
Welcome to the challenge!

calisims
17th Jun 2011, 11:29 PM
Goatta love exes! Yeah, the relationship reputation thing is going to screw me over. Serenity's kid is going to be a single parent of four kids, all half-siblings... I have to make sure to save up for the no-cheat-reputation rewards or it'll be impossible.

Reya, I've read that that reward is broken in Generations, and does nothing to stop the cheater reputation.

CinderEmma
17th Jun 2011, 11:38 PM
I think if you have 4 parents from 4 different parents like Cece's roll, you should have a bit of a rougher reputation then if you married your high school sweetheart, as it's like that in real life. It's just that this reputation thing takes it to such freaking extremes!

I want to propose changing the number of children section a bit. I think it should be like 1-4 -> one child, 5-10 -> two children, 11-14 -> three children, 15-16 -> four children, 17 -> five children, and 18 -> six children. I think having the option for six children is a good idea, as the grandparents will probably die before the last few children (if you don't have a mod to add more sims anyway), there's no more Death Eater roll to prolong the life of a sim, and there should at least be an option to have the maximum household. In order to make it rarer, I added more numbers to the lower ones, so there won't be a sudden influx of monster legacy families. What do you guys think? The numbers are flexible to what you guys believe is reasonable.

Also, should the death flower be against the rules to use?

And yes, I have no life, even on the weekends.

ReyaD
18th Jun 2011, 12:02 AM
xD I have a life, emma, I just don't use it. Its curled up in my closet. Coincidentally, it has access to my cell phone. You should see the phone bill I get thanks to it. Trust me, having a life sucks. I wish I could sell it or something.

I don't know if I like the six kids option. its hard enough to have five as is...

EDIT: Calisims are you serious? Fudge! ... Well I'm screwed. Guess gen five is going to have one messed up story...

Actually I take that back. This is going be an awesome challenge.

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 12:05 AM
Becky: I think Death Flowers have always been unofficially encouraged. Personally I don't use them it isn't exactly difficult to avoid accidental death, but I've seen this question raised a couple of times, and normally the response is "use them if you want"

I am mildly against 6 kids. I've just had to do 5, and only just managed to do it, with one set of twins and an emergency adoption. As it is the last 2 kids were forced to fend for themselves for a week as Hollie passed away before they aged up. (Luckily they were teens) Also I like the balance as it is now. Having said that, I wouldn't be massively opposed to changing it, and am willing to go with the group. I also have 5 kids this generation as well =/ but this should be easier, as I will be playing a couple, not Single Parent, so SP won't keep pairing up the guy my Sim trying to conceive with.

Reya, an easy way to get around that is not go into lasting relationships, and then "ask to be just friends" before moving on. As the father comes back to the house anyway after the birth, should be fairly simple :)

Had to share this, absolutely hilarious. This is my current heir Thomas lying in bed, while his dead mother Hollie possesses the bed. Some Sim's will sleep through anything.

calisims
18th Jun 2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, it isn't the reputation itself that bothers me, it's the fact that EA has imposed these autonomous actions from the Sims you 'cheated' on which you can't cancel. And the way it's implemented, like in Martin's case, his Sim danced with a Sim at the prom and his later relationship is accusing him of cheating and tanking the relationship because of it.

So, I personally prefer fewer children. But I'm open to the idea of a six children roll, even though I'd be praying I never rolled it, lol.

The death flower question has come up before, and never officially answered. But people have been using them, so I'd vote for letting them be used.

CinderEmma
18th Jun 2011, 12:16 AM
I think most of my friends have given up on me, honestly. I just don't go out enough for them, but it's just too much for me to go out all the time like they do :/
My cell phone is being paid by my sister, which is pretty cheap actually because I just play apps all the time on it XD

I could imagine that you wouldn't have the six children right away, like have a sixth child when the others are children/teens and they can help out. I think having the option at least would be good. Also, would it be better if the 5 was one roll as well, or would that favour smaller families too much?

I like the idea of keeping the death flower, only because I fished up my first seed EVER and want to try it on Ned. I actually might need it to get his perfect career done, he just keeps on getting dumb little 5 dollar fishies! Nathalie's only doing a better better, but she's a YA at least, Ned's approaching the elder zone soonish.

ReyaD
18th Jun 2011, 12:25 AM
It would favour smaller families too much. Personally I LOVE having sim kids and teens (So much drama!) but too many just makes for a far too crowded house.

Oh Becky, I just saw your comment, the treehouse explosion can be made by "fighting off allien invaders" or something like that. It was hilarious.

SeveredSolo: I've had that bed possession SO many times. Thats why I ended up moving my ghosties out. But they STILL come back onto the lot! Has anyone else had that before? I've even seen ghosts get into a car and drive to another house. A house they've never lived it! And this has happened once in both my legacies so far. The first time was Prudence Crumplebottom driving from the big graveyard to the Bunch house. This latest time was Nancy Landgraab driving to the old Sekemoto house.

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 12:42 AM
They're supposed to be able to do that, Reya. :P I've never had it happen as I always keep my family graveyard on the lot. I love my ghosts!

I'd be all for a six-kid roll, as long as the chance of it happening is small.

CinderEmma
18th Jun 2011, 12:51 AM
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I'm in a really bad mood today (for no apparent reason), and I can't shake it off. Any suggestions on what I can do to cheer myself up

Micaela926
18th Jun 2011, 1:49 AM
Ebec, walking sometimes helps for me, or hanging out with a friend, watching a funny movie.. and there are days when nothing helps but going to bed and starting fresh the next day! Hope you are able to shake it..kind of there myself today, thinking we may head down to the river in a bit and take the kids swimming, see if that improves my humbugs.

I did get another update done today..Chapter 19 is finished (http://thesims3legacychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-19.html)

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 2:33 AM
Muahahahaha! I think I've just managed to kill the romantic rep system. We shall see... needs some serious playtesting.

As an aside: Turns out the reason the relationship wasn't ended in my case was because I corrected it quickly. After a certain amount of time, if you haven't improved the relationship by +30 then it ends. (the time varies depending on whether it's a spouse, fiance, or partner)

ReyaD
18th Jun 2011, 2:36 AM
If it works I will love you forever Severedsolo. <3

NutsAndDolts
18th Jun 2011, 2:57 AM
Yeah... I don't like the IF autonomous override thing. The IF will interrupt whatever its owner is doing. Bleh.

Though I've had no problems with my sim kids choosing other toys over the IF doll. The non-owner only played with it once. The owner never autonomously played with it; I had to instruct her to.

I promise I'll have an update sooner or later. xD

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 3:06 AM
Nuts, did you already make the clone of Yasu? If not, Twallan updated MC yesterday so that resetting the lot fixes that pregnancy bump glitch.

NutsAndDolts
18th Jun 2011, 3:38 AM
Already cloned her last night and all that.

I'm just glad I won't ever have to go through that again.

ReyaD
18th Jun 2011, 4:57 AM
Has anyone else had prom come up almost immediately upon aging into a teen? Its messed up my entire plot! D :

And dang Story Progression keeps matching Neal up with every girl in the city! ... Adrian too, so thats sort of funny.

BlindingEchoes
18th Jun 2011, 7:54 AM
Okay, well i started my first Generation, if anyone's curious as to what they're like, you can take a peek here -- http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-one-maybe-together-we-can-get.html
I try not to be too wordy with my posts, but... i make no promises. Also thanks Cali for both the quick answer to my question and the warm welcome :)

calisims
18th Jun 2011, 1:52 PM
Keep them wordy, BlindingEchoes, I love to read! You are off to a great start.

Reya, I'm finding proms are pretty randomly scheduled. Caroline got hers just a couple of days into becoming a teen, but Meadow didn't get hers until too late (it was scheduled for the day after her YA birthday).

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 2:02 PM
Excellent start Blinding Echoes :) You made me laugh quite hard there "Old McBond?" :rofl:

I've just uploaded the Romantic Rep Recombobulator to MTS so keep a look out for it :) It needs work, but it does provide a basic reduced relationship tanking or no negative effects of cheating function right now.

Edit: Well that was quick... approved after only 2 hours!

Edit2: Prom's arent exactly random. They have a 50% chance of being scheduled each day. Once a scheduled Prom has been decided, the game will give you 3 days notice. A Prom cannot take place within 14 days of another Prom (presumably because the game assumes you are playing on normal, and each teen should get one prom :)

CinderEmma
18th Jun 2011, 4:54 PM
Thank you for the Romantic Rep mod, I like the -10% option :) The glitches won't be gone, but they won't be so drastic either :)

AlmaDelCore20
18th Jun 2011, 5:14 PM
Hey Blinding, welcome to the challenge! 8D I'm a noob myself, so I'm glad to see more of us flocking here.

P.S., wordiness is always fun. ;) If that's how you feel led to write, then go for it.

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 6:18 PM
Edit2: Prom's arent exactly random. They have a 50% chance of being scheduled each day. Once a scheduled Prom has been decided, the game will give you 3 days notice. A Prom cannot take place within 14 days of another Prom (presumably because the game assumes you are playing on normal, and each teen should get one prom :)

lol, that explains it.. when I accidentally deleted the custom skin I was using and had to go back in and give it back to them, their ages got messed up a little.. I think they both got an extra 5-6 days on their lifespan, and the teen Sim has just gotten her second Prom notification.

The funny thing is.. first time around, she didn't have a boyfriend. This time around, her boyfriend is already a YA. :faceslap:

Anarathiel
18th Jun 2011, 6:19 PM
Hey guys, if I made Mr Bubbles and/or Arthur real would it break the child limit?

AlmaDelCore20
18th Jun 2011, 6:21 PM
http://randallfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-6-snapshots.html

New chapter, yay!

I wish I had something more exciting to say besides that.

NutsAndDolts
18th Jun 2011, 6:23 PM
I have a tiny update.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-88-for-your-defiance-my-hand.html

It was supposed to be attached to Wednesday's update actually, but I felt that one was getting too long.

NutsAndDolts
18th Jun 2011, 7:08 PM
Hey guys, if I made Mr Bubbles and/or Arthur real would it break the child limit?

An excellent question. I don't believe we've addressed this.

I don't think imaginary friends should count as children, myself. Even if they're made real.

As long as you don't make them real, you can't even control them. So I wouldn't put ANY restrictions on IFs you cannot directly control, and I still wouldn't be inclined to count IFs as children, regardless of their "realness".

Once made real, we'd obviously want all non-heir IFs booted out once the non-heir becomes young adult and leaves the house. But what do you guys think about the heir having an imaginary friend made real? Do we want to say it can stay? Or does it have to go once it's YA, if not staying on board as the spouse (if rolled couple) or help (if rolled single parent with help)?

I'm just assuming IFs last into adulthood and continue to grow with their owners. I'm not sure on this point and it would be good for some clarification. I kind of want to see an elder one now, lol.

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 7:14 PM
Treat them the same as Simbots. (Rule 5):

Servos are allowed. You may invent as many servos as you can, but they all must move out or otherwise be removed from the household by the time the next generation becomes a young adult. All the servos you create may help with chores around the house, or as babysitters, but may not have a career or earn money, just like an unemployed sim.

NutsAndDolts
18th Jun 2011, 7:20 PM
Makes sense I suppose. So when the next heir becomes YA, it throws out elder mom/dad's creepy robot and plush doll. Lol.

I still wouldn't say we should require them to be thrown out if they're not made real, because unlike simbots they're not controllable... and are more of a nuisance than helpful.

EDIT: Found this on another forum: "By the way, I had an elder sim who still had her imaginary friend. It seems like as long as they stay friends they'll age up together. Untill the sim dies anyway, then it turns back into a doll."

I'm assuming they never changed their IF into a "real" sim.

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 7:22 PM
Yeah, I'm with you on that one Nuts. That is what I mean't, real IF's should be treated as Simbots. Non-real ones are just annoying NPC's outside your control (beyond basic stuff) so I see no problem with that.

Anarathiel
18th Jun 2011, 7:27 PM
Cool, i'm going to start trying to discover the metamorphium potion

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 7:57 PM
..So you can get an elder imaginary friend? lol, weird..
I feel like they stop being cute after the child stage.

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 7:59 PM
..So you can get an elder imaginary friend? lol, weird..
I feel like they stop being cute after the child stage.

I feel like their annoyance outweighs their cuteness 2 days into the Child stage... but that's just me.

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 8:06 PM
lol, agreed. They're always just in the way. Even for Sims who can't see them. I always find it funny when one of the Sims who doesn't have the imaginary friend gets a little thought bubble with the imaginary friend in it because they can't move because of it or it's being loud of something... d'oh, how do you know what it looks like? You shouldn't even know it's there!

And I've heard that you can't change their clothes once you do make them real. Pretty much eliminates any interest I would have in doing that.

Anarathiel
18th Jun 2011, 8:30 PM
it is a bit frustrating with both the twins having one

calisims
18th Jun 2011, 9:05 PM
I have an update:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-24-supernatural.html

And now I'm off to read the other updates. :D

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 9:22 PM
Hey Cali, you have a separate lot for your family graveyard, don't you? Do they still tend to come around the house often? I know they're able to and will do it, but I was wondering how often they actually do.
I was thinking of building a family graveyard on another nearby lot, but I'd still really want them to be around at night. There's a fairly flat area of land a bit behind my lot that I could place a small lot on, I think it'd be perfect for it. :o Plus I'm running out of space in my backyard haha..

calisims
18th Jun 2011, 9:37 PM
In this legacy I'm using the neighborhood cemetery. The ghosts never come around to my house.
In my last legacy, the graves were all in my backyard and I had up to four or five ghosts around at night. And very rarely a night with no ghosts.
In my first legacy, I had a separate lot for a family cemetery right behind my house. Only once did one of the ghosts return to my house. The rest of the time they would appear and drive off immediately to an empty lot designated as the NPC home (where maids and other service NPCs 'live')

ReyaD
18th Jun 2011, 9:42 PM
Ch. 42: Fishing for a Birthday

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-42-fishing-for-birthday.html

Ren is actually a really nice teen. Calisims, Carey's genes are REALLY good for legacies. Girl or boy, his kids are HAWT.

calisims
18th Jun 2011, 9:50 PM
Ch. 42: Fishing for a Birthday

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-42-fishing-for-birthday.html

Ren is actually a really nice teen. Calisims, Carey's genes are REALLY good for legacies. Girl or boy, his kids are HAWT.

Serenity is really pretty. The funny thing is, Carey is cloned from a Raphael Goth, a descendant of Gunther Goth in SV. In my last legacy, Anne Navarro, the bartender Shepard McDermott falls in love with, was cloned from Raphael/Carey's mother.

ReyaD
18th Jun 2011, 9:53 PM
Yeah I remember Anne. She was pretty.

Well I never thought the goths were that ugly, so I guess it makes sense. Mortimer's kids are quite attractive. Surprising considering how dull looking their mother is.

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 9:54 PM
Oh, boo. I guess I'll keep them on the lot then. May just end up moving the house to a bigger lot. I'm on one of the smaller ones right now.

BlindingEchoes
18th Jun 2011, 10:01 PM
New update, chapter two, hope you guys enjoy it ^^ I'm glad it's amusing people.
http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-two-i-made-up-my-mind-im.html

KaiRuh
18th Jun 2011, 10:40 PM
Shouldn't the Hobbyist goal have a separate table to roll on? I understand not wanting to have too many tables, but I don't think the non-standard career list really works as a hobby list.. If you got Freelance Scientist, would you just be a stargazer? And it leaves things off, like martial arts, athletics, logic (I guess Scientist covers this, but there's more to the logic skill than stargazing), and cooking. Just a thought..

Anarathiel
18th Jun 2011, 11:06 PM
Chapter Six!
Hope you guys enjoy it. I think i might start making my updates cover more sim days so i can speed the legacy up a bit.
http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-6-pranks.html

severedsolo
18th Jun 2011, 11:11 PM
Shouldn't the Hobbyist goal have a separate table to roll on? I understand not wanting to have too many tables, but I don't think the non-standard career list really works as a hobby list.. If you got Freelance Scientist, would you just be a stargazer? And it leaves things off, like martial arts, athletics, logic (I guess Scientist covers this, but there's more to the logic skill than stargazing), and cooking. Just a thought..

A very good point. I hadn't actually considered that. I'll draw up another table in the morning, if this idea doesnt go down very well:

How about letting the player choose the hobby, based on the Sims traits?

CinderEmma
18th Jun 2011, 11:26 PM
I found a save that is before the glitch takes affect, I got Rosaline the IF back!!! *cheers* My plot is saved!

I just have to replay a few days of game, bleh, but it'll be worth it

calisims
18th Jun 2011, 11:46 PM
A very good point. I hadn't actually considered that. I'll draw up another table in the morning, if this idea doesnt go down very well:

How about letting the player choose the hobby, based on the Sims traits?

I like either option.

KaiRuh
19th Jun 2011, 12:25 AM
I like the ability to choose as it gives the player room to be creative with their hobby... like being a womanizer, as was suggested earlier. :lol:

ReyaD
19th Jun 2011, 12:27 AM
I like the idea of being able to choose a hobby based on traits.

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 12:30 AM
I would like it to be optional, like the roll for the number of children :) Roll the table if you want, pick if you want.

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 12:32 AM
I would like it to be optional, like the roll for the number of children :)

Umm.. number of children isn't optional. Unless you mean the "Famous Heir Rule"?

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 12:37 AM
Umm.. number of children isn't optional. Unless you mean the "Famous Heir Rule"?That's what I meant, I'm a little tired today.

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 12:39 AM
That's what I meant, I'm a little tired today.

Aha :) You confused the hell out of me there for a second, I was all "what? when did that happen?"

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 12:42 AM
Aha :) You confused the hell out of me there for a second, I was all "what? when did that happen?"It seemed fine in my head XD

I really need to think before I post :P

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 12:46 AM
It seemed fine in my head XD

I really need to think before I post :P

Pfft, don't do that, you'll make me look bad, I never think before I post... :heyhey:

Managed to capture screenshots of a Sim spinning into clothes... looks fricking awesome. I especially like the 2nd one, it looks like she's being suffocated.

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 12:50 AM
Woooooow, that's so cool! I love the spinning diaper babies personally XD

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 12:53 AM
Do you know what I don't get? Look at the detail on that pic. Look at how much effort they have gone to to make sure the effect distorts correctly. This is something you NEVER see unless you happen to pause at exactly the right moment like I did. So they can do that, but they can't do proper lighting?

ReyaD
19th Jun 2011, 12:57 AM
xD Awesome pictures, Severedsolo. I wonder if hydrophobe sims are scared of changing clothes?

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 1:00 AM
I know i only posted chapter 6 about two hours ago but:
Chapter 7!

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-7-boarding-school.html

Edit: Awesome pics severedsolo. I agree, they can do that but their lighting is rubbish D:

ReyaD
19th Jun 2011, 1:37 AM
Uh oh... mid life crisis!

I don't think I could ever send my sims to boarding school. I love them all too much to send them away to be raised by someone else.

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 1:43 AM
I might put some in boarding school if I can't think of a plot for them. I was considering putting Thorne into boarding school before I found the file with the non-glitched IF that saved my plot :)

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 1:45 AM
Very interested to see how the Mid Life Crisis plays out. Haven't had one yet.

KaiRuh
19th Jun 2011, 1:50 AM
I love them! There are obviously some restrictions when having this in this legacy (such as wanting to break up with your spouse, or wanting to change jobs), but I don't think those are things I would have done anyway. But the wishes that you can complete can certainly shake things up a bit (besides, like, buy a $10,000 car.. how useless). Anyway, I enjoy them a lot. :p

I'm always too attached to my kid Sims to send them off to boarding school as well, lol. I think I'll only ever do it if I roll five children and don't want to deal with so many people in the house.

calisims
19th Jun 2011, 2:38 AM
Midlife crisis seems broken for me. I bought the car worth over 10k to satisfy the wish for my Sim with the midlife crisis moodlet, and while the wish was satisfied and paid the happiness points, the midlife crisis moodlet still said '0 crisis wishes satisfied'. This has happened with 2 different Sims now, so now I just ignore them.

ReyaD
19th Jun 2011, 2:51 AM
I haven't received any mid-life crisis, despite the fact that both Carey and Kori are almost elders.

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 3:33 AM
I think only some sims get the mid-life crisis stuff, Ned didn't get any yet either and he's in the middle of his adult life.

If you guys want to play around with the CC poses and stuff, there's a new contest out (my first one, I always catch them while they're in the midst of the judging.) :) I'm super excited to play around, might leave a little less time for my legacy though.

KaiRuh
19th Jun 2011, 4:15 AM
If you're going to get a mid-life crisis, you'll get it as soon as your young adult becomes an adult. It's a random chance of happening then, and there isn't any other time that it'll happen.

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 5:01 AM
I'm always too attached to my kid Sims to send them off to boarding school as well, lol. I think I'll only ever do it if I roll five children and don't want to deal with so many people in the house.

I did that with my heir this time. I got sick to death of raising kids. So I sent him off to art school, then remembered that Ambitions career's work better if they DONT have the skills before they start. So I recalled him.

5 Kids again this generation, oh joy. I think Military school might be in order. (Ironic as they are going into Criminal... but it helps just as much.)

Next generation only needs one kid though. One extreme to the other :rolleyes:

ReyaD
19th Jun 2011, 6:12 AM
Similar thing is happening to me, Severedsolo. Kori and Serenity are both having only one kid, but then Serenity's child needs four kids by four different partners. >_>

So in other words, I'll be downloading your romantic rep mod.

Onto another topic, stupid Prom keeps messing up my stories xD. Ah well, a little drama to fill out that last week as a teen doesn't hurt.

KrissXed
19th Jun 2011, 8:01 AM
I was really excited to try this Legacy thing when I saw the original rules... but with all the updates.. it's way too confusing and time consuming. No thanks.. =(

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 9:29 AM
I got the wish to move house, no thanks i like it there. I can't wait to see what happens though.

KrissXed: I'm sorry you feel that way. You don't have to look at our updates or even do your own, you can just do your legacy on your own.

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 11:33 AM
Erm my next update is going to be really long. I hope you don't mind. There are 31 pictures :/

NutsAndDolts
19th Jun 2011, 12:32 PM
No one's gonna mind, Anarathiel. ;)

KrissXed... at one point the influx of new rules was bothering me as well, because it seemed like people were desperately throwing out ideas without really putting thought into them. But they do have a point. First, rules MUST be updated for every expansion pack, or you'd be like "wait, can I have Imaginary Friends, or can't I?" (by the way, I just noticed we need to put summoned mummies in there somewhere, lol). Second, many of us have been playing the challenge for a long time. Calisims is on her third legacy. :) So adding new roll possibilities to the list keeps things from getting too boring.

And Anarathiel is right... no one's going to tell you you can't play by old rules, or even break rules. The closest we come to that is clarifying things when someone asks. =)

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 1:01 PM
Well here it is. Mid-life crises are weird.

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-8-mid-life-crises.html

ReyaD
19th Jun 2011, 4:06 PM
Ch. 43! ... is really short.

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-43-stars.html

Stupid prom comes up next. May post it later today if I have time to get new material for the following chapters.

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 6:02 PM
So in other words, I'll be downloading your romantic rep mod.

If you're feeling brave, give V2 a go ;) It's my first attempt to actually fix the system, rather than just disabling it, or reducing the "tank" effect. It certainly should solve the "you forgot to cancel old romantic interests, now we will punish you muahahahahaha!" problem. Hopefully, only cheating that occurs after the relationship is started will trigger now....

CinderEmma
19th Jun 2011, 7:13 PM
*holds gigantic basilisk dipped sword as I approach the new mod*

I guess I'm a little brave?

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 7:14 PM
I like the romantic rep personally, either end your romantic interests or get accused of cheating, much more dramatic!

severedsolo
19th Jun 2011, 7:18 PM
I like the romantic rep personally, either end your romantic interests or get accused of cheating, much more dramatic!

I agree, I like the system as well. I just don't like the implementation. I certainly don't like the way it destroys a relationship because you danced with a girl at prom. That's what V2 tries to address. Only actively cheating Sims should now be accused of cheating. "Level 1" cheaters (as the game calls the scenario I described above) will be ignored.

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 7:24 PM
I might try it...after it's been tested though.

Also, am i bringing in too many updates at once? Should i spread them out a little more?
I only get the chance to play at weekends so i feel like i should be posting in the week too.

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 9:21 PM
Erm...both my IF dolls have disappeared. I have a metamorphium potion and i can't find either of the dolls

whitewater
19th Jun 2011, 9:49 PM
Anarathiel, I have the same problems! But yesterday I figured out that if you go under post options on blogger you can set the day and time you want it to publish. Set one a day and then let it do it itself!

I'm actually testing this now. But it seems to work in theory...

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 9:59 PM
Hmmm, i might have to start trying that next week. But i'd rather just post it myself, then i know when to post it on here as well.

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 10:38 PM
Does anybody know what to do about the disappearing IF dolls?

NutsAndDolts
19th Jun 2011, 10:51 PM
Mine vanished once. I just didn't save. =/

Considered it, though, since IF is beyond annoying.

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 10:52 PM
Damn it, I've already saved. Ah well, maybe it just wasn't meant to be this generation.

KaiRuh
19th Jun 2011, 10:58 PM
I read somewhere that evicting the family and moving them back in may make the IFs reappear.

Anarathiel
19th Jun 2011, 11:28 PM
hmmm. i'll try that.
it's so annoying being so much further in the legacy than what i've posted.

ReyaD
20th Jun 2011, 12:15 AM
Ch. 44 : Serenity's Prom!

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-44-rennys-prom.html

I figure I'll be featuring a lot of Proms in this... so each will be named xD.

CinderEmma
20th Jun 2011, 1:26 AM
http://marlinlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-twelve-all-about-children.html

A bit of a short chapter, but I'm starting to run out of material XD I can't take any more pictures until I get past the time where these pictures were taken :P

whitewater
20th Jun 2011, 3:13 AM
I can't wait to play with IF... I'm stuck at that point where I'm waiting for the generations to switch over.

Awesome updates! I just updated with my favorite to write tonight.

ReyaD
20th Jun 2011, 3:17 AM
I still haven't had a chance to play an IF. xD Then again... I did have only one child this generation, but still.

I AM SAD.

BlindingEchoes
20th Jun 2011, 4:00 AM
Chapter three!
http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-three-were-gonna-make-it-you.html

Micaela926
20th Jun 2011, 5:36 AM
I wish my IF's would disappear, I seem to have the issue that if my kids/toddlers have an IF that is all they ever do is play with the thing, it's cute at first, but after a bit I get annoyed with it LOL! Put up Chapter 11 (http://thesims3newbeginnings.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-11.html?zx=e723edc332ea9ef1) of Moldaria, one more then back to my Legacy group.

Anarathiel
20th Jun 2011, 9:21 AM
Logging on at school. Aren't I the rebel?

UPDATE: http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-9-teenagers.html

laurbake
20th Jun 2011, 12:45 PM
hii everyone, i'm starting this legacy tonight and am really excited to start.. quick question, i've had a wee look and am probably just being really stupid but i've rolled couple for my first gen's marital structure. can i make the couple in CAS or is it standard legacy rules, ie make a founder who has to find her partner? i would assume the second but i have a niggling feeling i read SOMEWHERE you could make both parents...

severedsolo
20th Jun 2011, 12:48 PM
Hi laurbake welcome to the challenge :) You are correct, you are quite welcome to create both Sim's in CAS for Generation 1.

laurbake
20th Jun 2011, 12:51 PM
i've been silently stalking blogs and decided it was time to join in haha! thanks for your help! :)

calisims
20th Jun 2011, 1:40 PM
Chapter 25 is up:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-25-til-i-wake-your-ghost.html

Redhead Creations
20th Jun 2011, 4:25 PM
Wow, so many updates! I can't wait to read them all. =)

It's funny when people say there are too many tables or too many rolls, I'm just the opposite. I want MORE MORE MORE, more diversity, more chances at fun/strange things coming up to drive the story somewhere new. I love that when I get to roll for a new generation that it's a nice complex thing. But, perhaps that's just me... =)

Oh, and I have an update too!
http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-three-jump-into-fire.html

severedsolo
20th Jun 2011, 4:28 PM
It's not so much too many rolls, or too many tables. It's maintaining those tables once they are created. When a new EP comes out, you then have to go through and think "hmm, now does that go in there, or in here?" I like to keep my workload light.... this is a hobby not a job :p

Thanks for the reminder though... I completely forgot to update the hobbies.

Redhead Creations
20th Jun 2011, 4:39 PM
Yes, I can definitely see THAT part of it being a chore, but as far as being just a participant, I don't mind there are so many. It makes it fun for me to do the rolls (granted, I've only had to do two so far).

Hopefully things won't get too complicated with Pets. I never really cared for them much in TS2, they were almost kind of an afterthought for me. Though I can see some kind of Generation Goal of "create a new breed of dog/cat" or become a "horse whisperer", as well as having to add in any new careers like Veterinarian, etc. At least you have until October to worry about that! =)

calisims
20th Jun 2011, 4:48 PM
I was hoping there would be more new goals centered around Generations, but nothing in the ep really suggests anything. Creating all the potions is too easy to make a goal around, etc.
I hope Pets will have more for us to incorporate into the challenge. Not that I don't love Generations, what it added has enhanced the game a lot.

severedsolo
20th Jun 2011, 4:50 PM
I really like Generations, I like the way it's fleshed out ordinary stuff. With the other EP's you have to sort of go out of your way to "play" that EP if that makes sense? Wheras Generations just integrates itself seamlessly with the way you already do things. (Romantic Reputation aside of course....)

I agree though, it doesn't exactly lend itself to a challenge such as this. Great for story telling though.

Anarathiel
20th Jun 2011, 5:56 PM
Hmm I tried evicted the family then putting them back in but it crashed my game D:

Anarathiel
20th Jun 2011, 7:11 PM
Don't worry It be fixed, now to see whether the IFs are working now

kirajmp
20th Jun 2011, 7:53 PM
Update for Moonstone Manor. I'm having a hard time thinking up a good story for Coal and Raven, so I apologize if this chapter is a little boring. I got to try out the new bachelor party and wedding stuff though, so it was fun to play.

And we welcome in generation 8! This should be a fun generation. Rolls are:

Single
2 Children (why do I almost always roll 2? Oh well)
Artist Career
Goal: Hobby or Obsession - Adventuring
Just for Fun: Tattoo Addict

Generation 7 Chapter 2 (http://kirajmpmoonstone.blogspot.com/)

Anarathiel
20th Jun 2011, 8:22 PM
why does one of my twins have a day longer than the other before they age up?

severedsolo
20th Jun 2011, 8:24 PM
Which reminds me. Hobby, Or Obession? is now trait based. Don't roll on C2 any more, just pick something that makes sense from the traits. (So do yourself a favour and actually give them a hobby based trait. Or I shall smite thee)

severedsolo
20th Jun 2011, 8:25 PM
why does one of my twins have a day longer than the other before they age up?

Age staggering. Occasionally the game just whacks the ages around by a couple of days. No idea why, it's supposed to only do it to CAS Sim's, but occasionally born in game Sims get hit as well. You can always MC it back to how it should be. Then of course there is the Stylist bug. did they ever fix that?

Anarathiel
20th Jun 2011, 8:39 PM
Yeah, you see how i evicted and returned. I just realised i lost my relationships. and the ability for rose and Marigold to drive. I'm going back to the other save, before the eviction

calisims
20th Jun 2011, 8:49 PM
Hey, I just wanted to share this outtake from my legacy:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n145/yangthecat/fishy.jpg

That's Caroline fishing from her second floor bedroom. I assure you, she's not insane, lol. That line has to go through two walls to get down to the pond in the yard.

severedsolo
20th Jun 2011, 8:57 PM
Yeah, you see how i evicted and returned.

That would be why then. The game thinks your seeding CAS Sims.

edit: Melissa that is hilarious :p Some kind of super rod maybe?

kirajmp
20th Jun 2011, 9:27 PM
Which reminds me. Hobby, Or Obession? is now trait based. Don't roll on C2 any more, just pick something that makes sense from the traits. (So do yourself a favour and actually give them a hobby based trait. Or I shall smite thee)

EEeek! Okay, will do :D

Redhead Creations
20th Jun 2011, 9:39 PM
Uh oh, what Stylist bug?? I hope it doesn't have to do with the stylist station, as I just used it twice on my Legacy sim!

calisims
20th Jun 2011, 9:44 PM
Uh oh, what Stylist bug?? I hope it doesn't have to do with the stylist station, as I just used it twice on my Legacy sim!

Using the stylist station, or having a Sim in the Stylist career give a makeover can sometimes subtract from the days a Sim has spent in their age stage, sometimes resetting it all the way to the beginning.

Redhead Creations
20th Jun 2011, 9:50 PM
Wow, I didn't know that. I will have to check Morand's age now. Perhaps THAT's why I feel this story is slow paced, because he keeps reverting back to the beginning... heh

[EDIT] Actually, I did notice something strange the last time I gave him a tattoo, I use MC to check how many days old he is, so I know when to get his next tattoo by and the last time I looked, he was YOUNGER than the time before... I figured it was just a glitch, but this makes much more sense...

ReyaD
20th Jun 2011, 10:16 PM
No update from me tonight, guys. I had to work late and i only have half of chapter 45 done. But theres enough updates today anyway. Off to read them! (Instead of getting material for more updates, of course).

Lol! Calisims, I've had a similar situation in my zombie-apocalypse Sim game. They keep fishing through the walls.

Redhead Creations
20th Jun 2011, 10:19 PM
Well, I don't blame your sims for fishing through the walls if there are zombies running around!! I wouldn't want to go outside either!

ReyaD
20th Jun 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh they're generation three, the zombies are pretty much a "whatever" for them now. Besides, they're surrounded by huge walls in every side of the lot. I may make ugly houses, but my Underground hideouts ROCK. (The funny part is theres only one room above ground, and thats the one they stand in to fish).

EDIT: Severedsolo, just downloaded your romantic rep mod. I won't be using it JUST yet (I think)... but here's hoping everything goes well. Thank you for making it.

Anarathiel
20th Jun 2011, 11:20 PM
That would be why then. The game thinks your seeding CAS Sims.

edit: Melissa that is hilarious :p Some kind of super rod maybe?
Right, so i've now gone back to my original game, there was an opportunity for the parents to leave. When they left. Rose suddenly became four days younger than Marigold. What's going on?

BlindingEchoes
20th Jun 2011, 11:43 PM
Although i just posted last night, i have yet another chapter. Yay for not having a life! :P

Chapter Four!
http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-four-love-is-our-shield-it.html

Redhead Creations
20th Jun 2011, 11:44 PM
Jeez, the game sure wants to create a fountain of youth, doesnt it??

I guess I'm going to have to keep track of days going by on a piece of paper so that I'll really know how old my sims are supposed to be. What a pain!

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 1:46 AM
I personally wouldn't mind a few extra days for Ned, he's aging so fast and only level 4 in Fishing (it was level 5 - if barely - before the whole IF fiasco). Maybe he'll be getting a few stylist makeovers or tattoos XD

AlmaDelCore20
21st Jun 2011, 2:00 AM
Oh God, I miss my Sims. STUPID WORK. OTL I hope I can get back to them soon.

NutsAndDolts
21st Jun 2011, 2:12 AM
Late comment: Caroline's room looks really awesome! Thanks for sharing that. xD

I've plotted out how my legacy will end, and have most of the pictures ready. I'm not sure how many chapters it will fall into... or exactly when I'll get around to posting them. Kirk and Yasu have achieved what I wanted them to, so it's time to move on, even though it makes me sad that I won't play them enjoying their later years.

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 3:06 AM
Maybe you could insert Kirk and Yasu into your future legacy's neighbourhood so we can see them age into an elderly couple without you having to play them anymore?
So are you planning on doing another random legacy? Because I really do enjoy your chapters and would be sad if you stopped!

NutsAndDolts
21st Jun 2011, 3:27 AM
No worries. I'm planning on taking one of Kirk & Yasu's children into Barnacle Bay to begin a "new" legacy, once I've finished this one.

Since it will be generation 1, I'd feel uncomfortable having an "advantage" like prior friendships and family around in Barnacle Bay.

But here's the wrinkle. I'm going to be a bad girl and take a lot of my collectible items with me. Some of the paintings collection, the family photos, and the job-specific trinkets (though nothing cheaty like the awesome culinary career fridge; that gets left behind). I spent forever collecting those blasted photos! I'm also bringing some of Jazz's world adventures loot, since I won't be using travel in my next legacy, and despite rumors most of it doesn't ever show up in the consignment shop. I don't intend to let my Barnacle Bay sims use these items until they can "pay" for them. I'll use MasterController to deduct money from the family funds every time I hang one of the paintings, etc. Until then it will be stored in family inventory and we'll see if it counts towards the bills. O.o

I realize this is more or less against the rules.

But see, it wouldn't make sense if the heir took all of this stuff while Yasu's still alive. =/

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 3:35 AM
Don't worry, I've broken a few of the rules (mostly accidental) too, and that one isn't that bad :) It's just memory-specific :) And I agree with the WA stuff, I always have to buy that stuff in buydebug because my computer HATES the worlds and makes any game worthless after a few days. And I think as long as you make it fair, like with the MC money deduction, then it should be pretty okay :)

Make your heir an evil klepto, then it'll make sense for him/her to steal all that stuff :P

NutsAndDolts
21st Jun 2011, 3:40 AM
Lol... I knew you'd say that, somehow. xD

But the heir is already a teen and so it is too late for such considerations.

If I make it to a legacy #3, the evil klepto excuse is definitely up for use, though.

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 3:43 AM
Come on, I try to control my levels of angst and love of evil characters, and it's still obvious XD *crackles*
I hope I see the evil klepto excuse for legacy #3 as well :P Especially if he/she is friendly, those oxymoron characters are the best!

ReyaD
21st Jun 2011, 4:14 AM
I really hate how long teen life is... I mean... it doesn't actually last this long in real life! I don't want to chance any major changes to the age bar... but dangit I am VERY tempted to age up the musketeers early. Anybody share my frustrations?

NutsAndDolts
21st Jun 2011, 11:38 AM
I like the length because it gives me some time to skill them in preparation for their careers (many skills can't be learned by children), and also more time to scout for their romantic partner.

If you hate it, though, you should definitely change it... and possibly add the days to a life stage you like more. ;)

calisims
21st Jun 2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I like the teen stage length, too, for the same reasons.
But be careful about shortening that stage, with the way proms are scheduled, requiring at least 14 days between each prom, a shorter teen stage could end up with more teens who never get a prom opportunity.

severedsolo
21st Jun 2011, 12:52 PM
Come on, I try to control my levels of angst and love of evil characters, and it's still obvious XD *crackles*
I hope I see the evil klepto excuse for legacy #3 as well :P Especially if he/she is friendly, those oxymoron characters are the best!

I have an Evil Friendly Genius for Generation 3 :p She's only a toddler at the moment though, so no idea how it will play out :)

On the Prom thing, Cali is right about more missed Proms but actually you need 17 days between Proms, there is a cooldown of 14 days between checking whether to schedule one, and then 3 days notice before it happens.

corihummel77
21st Jun 2011, 1:12 PM
It's been a very long time since I've posted anything in here. Life just kinda got in the way and I stopped playing Sims 3 all together. Things have slowed down and I started a new lagacy...here's the blog site http://grenierfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think :0)

BlindingEchoes
21st Jun 2011, 1:56 PM
Me again, yep, i'll probably get the title of 'that girl' soon enough lol.

Chapter Five: http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-five-its-not-always-rainbow.html

EDIT: I had enough caps for two chapters, so I tossed the sixth one up, see it here -> http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-six-you-turned-around-gave-me.html

NutsAndDolts
21st Jun 2011, 3:04 PM
Welcome back Cori! =D

Anarathiel
21st Jun 2011, 5:22 PM
guys, how do i sort out the age thing?

Redhead Creations
21st Jun 2011, 5:26 PM
If you mean how do you get them back to where they should be, you can use Twallan's MasterController to change their ages.

I'll probably have to do that to Morand to age him back up to where he should be.

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 5:29 PM
Use MC, in intermidate there is an option called age, and you can adjust the number of days your sim has been in their current lifestage. Sorry about my spelling, I'm on my rather tempermental cell right now.

Anarathiel
21st Jun 2011, 5:33 PM
lol it's alright ebec. i think i'll go get that mod now. stupid game D:

Redhead Creations
21st Jun 2011, 5:44 PM
To be honest, I think I have almost every single one of Twallan's mods in my game. I think the only one I don't have is the career's mod, because I don't see myself downloaded any user-created careers. But everything else I have; Master Controller, Story Progression, Traffic, Woohoo, Saver, Relativity (to speed up their sleeping time), Overwatch, ErrorTrap... So many good mods!!

Anarathiel
21st Jun 2011, 5:53 PM
I know I have, MC, Saver, Woohoo, SP, ErrorTrap. i dont want the others tbh though

Redhead Creations
21st Jun 2011, 6:55 PM
I know. I *swore* when I got TS3 that I wasn't going to clog it up with gigs worth of custom content like I did to my poor TS2 game, and so far I've been pretty good about holding back downloading everything I come across. (I just have over 1 gig, heh). But unfortunately EA doesn't seem to care about the game as much as Maxis did, and therefore requires a lot more hacks/mods to make it playable (or at least PLEASANTLY playable).

On another note, I've spent the last two days building a house for my legacy family. I've forgotten how long it takes to do, since I'm totally OCD about CASt'ing everything, walls, floors, furniture, etc. Now my poor family is down to $47 simoleans... That's even less than he had when I started!

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 7:13 PM
I'm the same, I want my house to be perfect :P It's really slow however, so I tend to do 1 room at a time.

Anarathiel
21st Jun 2011, 8:28 PM
Aww, luckily i am able to budget somewhat. I always have at least 250.

and my downloads folder in my sims 3 folder is only 272 mb

Redhead Creations
21st Jun 2011, 8:30 PM
Well, I had more than that, but then I realized that there were no lights... *sigh*

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 8:35 PM
My cc folder is 1.33 GB, I try to cut stuff out, then I add more XD
Yeah my legacy is poor right now, I shouldn't be doing ANY renovations right now :P (But I do anyway)

NutsAndDolts
21st Jun 2011, 9:12 PM
Update.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-89-chem-cakes.html

The story creeps forward another couple of sim days.

Anarathiel
21st Jun 2011, 9:13 PM
lol, it used to be roofs for me. but now auto roof saves me.

UPDATE!!!!!

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-10-dates.html

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 9:32 PM
Love the updates guys :) I want to update soon, but I don't have enough material right now :(

Anarathiel
21st Jun 2011, 9:52 PM
Lol, my next one is going to be uber short.
but the one after that is interesting.

CyyKosis
21st Jun 2011, 10:10 PM
I have just under 1GB of CC...

Update!: Vivaz Legacy (http://vivazrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-7-roses-upon-roses.html)

KaiRuh
21st Jun 2011, 10:41 PM
Mine is just 500 MB. My TS2 folder for CC is about 400 MB. I've always felt that I used too much CC... you guys make me feel better. :lol:

AlmaDelCore20
21st Jun 2011, 10:55 PM
A quick little update from me too!

http://randallfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-7-calm-after-storm.html

Enjoy. 8B

severedsolo
21st Jun 2011, 10:58 PM
Mine is just 500 MB. My TS2 folder for CC is about 400 MB. I've always felt that I used too much CC... you guys make me feel better.

If you've got too much then I definitely do... I've got 1.13 GB of just packages. And that's AFTER I've compressed them all into one package. Taking into account my Sims3Packs as well I probably have over 2GB of uncompressed CC

CinderEmma
21st Jun 2011, 11:05 PM
How do you compress the CC severedsolo? Is it dangerous for the files?

severedsolo
21st Jun 2011, 11:40 PM
How do you compress the CC severedsolo? Is it dangerous for the files?

Nah, it's not dangerous at all. It actually REALLY helps with loading times, as the game only has to read a few packages rather than 24 gazillion. I'd even go so far as to recommend it to be honest.

Most of the CC and hacks you download are actually already lots of packages together, but for ease of use we compress them into one package.

One thing I would recommend though is don't just lump everything together. Once they are merged, there is no way to "unmerge" them if you need to update something. Also keep backups of the originals. (S3PE doesn't overwrite them anyway, but put them somewhere safe, if you forget to move them out of your Packages folder you'll get conflicts)

What I normally do is have seperate packages for CAS (hairs and clothes), Hacks, Skins and Sliders, Build and Buy stuff, and "Miscellaneous" which is basically everything that doesn't fit into those categories. I should point out it only works on packages. Sims3packs are already compressed.

All you need is S3PE. Heres a tutorial on it: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=d66e424bf48506800bcb367505e38f63&topic=17746.0

ReyaD
22nd Jun 2011, 12:28 AM
An update!

Ch. 45 : Trouble

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-45-trouble.html

So I sort of sprained my wrist today at work (Smashed it into a wall. Not fun. Lots of pain) so I'll be on and off for the next week while I recover. It hurts to type or move the mouse.

severedsolo
22nd Jun 2011, 12:29 AM
An update!

Ch. 45 : Trouble

http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-45-trouble.html

So I sort of sprained my wrist today at work (Smashed it into a wall. Not fun. Lots of pain) so I'll be on and off for the next week while I recover. It hurts to type or move the mouse.

ouch, I feel your pain. I broke my wrist a couple of years ago, probably one of the most painful experiences of my life. Get well soon!

NutsAndDolts
22nd Jun 2011, 1:14 AM
Ooh, sorry Reya. =( Take it easy.

CinderEmma
22nd Jun 2011, 1:17 AM
*sighs* I have a feeling I'll be struggling with this for a while, but if it works, I can play sims more because I won't have such horrid loading times.

Feel better Cece! I've been lucky not to have sprained/broken anything, but I still give you virtual love!

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 2:48 AM
I hope your wrist heals quickly, Reya!

ReyaD
22nd Jun 2011, 4:39 AM
Thank you very much for all the well wishes! The pain is already going away, so hopefully I can play a bit tonight to get an update for tomorrow.

CyyKosis
22nd Jun 2011, 4:45 AM
Yay! I am happy to hear your pain is going down so soon. I hope you will continue to get better quickly :)

AlmaDelCore20
22nd Jun 2011, 5:34 AM
I just realized I have about 43 spare screenshots after going a little picture crazy today.

Must not post two updates today. 8| Must save. Must...have...buffer...OTL

corihummel77
22nd Jun 2011, 5:37 AM
I just posted Chapter 7 and 8. :0)

http://grenierfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/

Anarathiel
22nd Jun 2011, 9:23 AM
Chapter 11.

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-11-more-trouble.html

Isn't it good to see i have a good use of my time for my free periods at school?

NutsAndDolts
22nd Jun 2011, 12:12 PM
Chapter 90.

http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-90-two-kids.html

By the way, does anyone else experience severe lag every time something memory-worthy pops up? I wonder if there's a mod yet to destroy the memory graphic pop-up and noise. Or even the saving of memories at all. I already disabled the text notification.

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 12:33 PM
Here's a no memories mod, I'm using it and it's great:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/446281

NutsAndDolts
22nd Jun 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks Calisims! =D

When I play again, I'll be adding that.

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 1:06 PM
I'm having problems with blogger. I uploaded the pictures for my next update, but it won't add them to the blog. I'm very frustrated, as I want to do my update NAO!

NutsAndDolts
22nd Jun 2011, 1:29 PM
I'm having the same problem. I was going to prepare an update for tomorrow.

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 1:41 PM
Let's grab our pitchforks and wave them at blogger in a threatening manner!

NutsAndDolts
22nd Jun 2011, 1:55 PM
I don't have a pitchfork. =(

Anarathiel
22nd Jun 2011, 2:35 PM
I have a spare one, but i'm not getting any problems with blogger

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 2:48 PM
I don't have a pitchfork. =(

I'm pretty sure there are extra pitchforks in hammerspace. Grab one and let's go!

NutsAndDolts
22nd Jun 2011, 3:01 PM
Ah, quite right.

*waves pitchfork in a threatening manner*

Anarathiel
22nd Jun 2011, 3:08 PM
so what am i meant to do with my spare

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 3:44 PM
Wave them both in a threatening manner! Or, give one to your imaginary friend to wave, lol. I want an angry mob of pitchfork wavers!

Redhead Creations
22nd Jun 2011, 5:01 PM
I have been using Flickr to host my images and just linking them to the blog. I'm not really sure why I decided to do it that way, but I guess it's a good thing if blogger has issues with pictures sometimes. =)

Also, I totally hear ya Alma, my screenshots folder is getting pretty crazy, I usually take about 30 pictures per "scene", and then only use one, of course.

Anarathiel
22nd Jun 2011, 6:03 PM
My next chapter is really good! I can't wait to post it. In fact I'll post it now!

http://riveralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-12-prom-and-free-vacation.html

ChloroformDreams
22nd Jun 2011, 6:57 PM
So I'm really excited about starting this challenge as I've never done one before. I have some questions though.

I got the step-children marital status and I was wondering if that means my sim starts out with the spouse/step-child or has to find them during the course of the game? Also, what age should the step-child be? Who exactly does the secondary income apply to? I'm assuming it's the spouse but I wanted clarification. And as far as celebrities, I just wanted to make sure that it's only sims who get that goal that can increase their celebrity status?

Sorry for all the questions. I feel rather stupid asking since I'm sure this stuff is all pretty basic but, not having done a challenge before, I'm finding it all a bit confusing.

Redhead Creations
22nd Jun 2011, 7:03 PM
No question is stupid when it comes to challenges, as you don't want to go around breaking rules. =)

I can't answer all of them, but I do know that the secondary income applies to the spouse (as I asked that same question myself when I started!). So a single sim, you wouldn't have to roll for that obviously.

I don't know if you can create both parents in CAS, as you'd have to also create the child and only have it related to one of them. But perhaps one of the challenge admins can clarify that.

Welcome to the challenge and have fun with it! I'm really enjoying playing the game this way!

KaiRuh
22nd Jun 2011, 7:45 PM
As for your celebrity question, anybody can pursue celebrity status, but you only have to do it when you roll that goal.

ChloroformDreams
22nd Jun 2011, 8:57 PM
Thanks for the answers guys. As to creating a child in CAS, isn't it possible to just make a new sim at whatever age and then link it to the parent? I haven't actually tried this in TS3 but I'm assuming it's an option. That is, as long as the kid's not supposed to be a baby.

KaiRuh
22nd Jun 2011, 9:13 PM
You can do that as long as you don't mind marrying them in-game. If you set them as married in CAS, the game is going to automatically assume any kid is related to both of them, but if you set them as boyfriend/girlfriend or fiance/fiancee, you can link the kid to only one of the adults.

edit: I don't know if it's actually allowed in the challenge to make both parents if you roll step children though, just that that's the way you'd have to do it in the game.

calisims
22nd Jun 2011, 9:32 PM
You know, I don't think we've discussed handling step-children as a first generation roll. I would say that you need to find the spouse with child out in the world. I would also say it's okay to create that spouse and child as a separate family and move them into the world. The child can be any age (younger than YA.)

Blogger finally fixed itself (thanks, angry pitchfork mob!) and I have an update:
http://fosterenmity.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-26-pseudoscience.html

cherry85
22nd Jun 2011, 9:57 PM
On to Gen 2. http://cherrylegacy.blogspot.com/
This seems to be taking a looong time compared to last time lol

AlmaDelCore20
22nd Jun 2011, 10:11 PM
Quick update before work again!

http://randallfamilylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-8-beginning-of-age-of-birthdays.html

severedsolo
22nd Jun 2011, 10:36 PM
You know, I don't think we've discussed handling step-children as a first generation roll. I would say that you need to find the spouse with child out in the world. I would also say it's okay to create that spouse and child as a separate family and move them into the world. The child can be any age (younger than YA.)

I'm happy with that. I'm sort of against seeding CAS Sim's to be Sim's partners post generation 1 anyway... but everyone does it. For Gen 1 though, as it is perfectly acceptable to create your own partner in CAS I see no reason why you can't seed the step family too.

ChloroformDreams
22nd Jun 2011, 11:14 PM
Okay, I'll get started on this later tonight then. If only I didn't have an exam next week to keep me otherwise occupied... :faceslap:

ReyaD
23rd Jun 2011, 12:47 AM
http://starrsimslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/ch-46-make-ups.html

So my pacing is pretty god awful, eh? >_> We start generation four after 46 chapters. Wow.

NutsAndDolts
23rd Jun 2011, 12:55 AM
Haha! You make me feel better about my pacing, Reya.

*hugs*

Second update today: http://r2simslegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-91-filling-my-time.html

No one is obligated to read them right away, by the way. We have a lot of challengers and I'm feeling a bit swamped with people's updates to read. xD

BlindingEchoes
23rd Jun 2011, 3:31 AM
I feel horrible to lump more updates upon this poor updated swamped thread, but, here they are. Two in a row, yay for medication induced insomnia! Lol, don't worry about reading them if you don't wanna, i know i'm long winded as all hell. I will try and slow my pacing of updates from now on.

Chapter Seven http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-seven-someone-take-me-back-to.html
Chapter Eight http://talliwaylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-eight.html

CinderEmma
23rd Jun 2011, 3:45 AM
Sorry I haven't updated lately, just kind of been in a slump. Good updates everyone :)

Redhead Creations
23rd Jun 2011, 4:10 PM
Here's another update to add to the list! It's kind of short, but I couldn't add in the next part of the story or it would have been insanely long. Hope you enjoy!

http://cagleylegacy.blogspot.com/2011/06/chapter-four-heat-is-on.html

I've been really enjoying everyone's stories! I hope it isn't becoming a chore for people to read so many updates, seems like this challenge kind of took off recently with a bunch of new players, eh? =)

severedsolo
23rd Jun 2011, 6:14 PM
I've been really enjoying everyone's stories! I hope it isn't becoming a chore for people to read so many updates, seems like this challenge kind of took off recently with a bunch of new players, eh? =)

I wonder how many people are playing and not posting, or who aren't members of MTS. I just checked the stats for the blog, and we are pulling in 50-100 page views a day. We have a mention on the official forums as well... didn't know about that until just now, as I avoid those forums like the plague, and it came up as the 2nd most popular traffic source after this thread.

CinderEmma
23rd Jun 2011, 6:23 PM
I'm a little *twitches* obsessive, so I come on here at least 7 times a day, if not more, to check things. Maybe we just made 50-100 views by responding so much to each other?

EDIT: Oh, the blog. Well, I come on that a lot too, just not 7 times a day.

severedsolo
23rd Jun 2011, 6:27 PM
That's the blog that's pulling in that many page views Emma :P I don't have access to the stats on this thread. I highly doubt that anyone is checking the rules that many times a day. Personally I check them about once every couple of days at most, when I'm rolling up new Generations.

As long as your signed in to your Blogspot account, the admin's pageviews don't count anyway I believe. I know mine don't anyway.