PDA

View Full Version : Sims2Uni Secret Society is being elusive ^^

littleminx01
16th Dec 2010, 9:08 PM
Guys,

I have a problem. I'm busy with creating an simiverse of my own which has a normal hood, a paradise, a tartarus and a tantalus. My normal hood, currently going by the working-title Simtown, has a University attached to it, Simtown University, and everything went down without a hitch, until I got to the part where I finished the Secret Society.

No matter how many times I apply changelotzoning secretsociety, the game persists in it being a rentable house on campus.

What did I miss? Did I overlook something, like forgetting that I need the special stove for a Dorm instead of one that fits the Dorm?

For completeness sake, I did create a Sim for the unlockcareerrewards and then killed it on the lot afterwards using the boolprop-on-sim interaction Kill... Death by Flies.

Any insight, suggestion, brainwave or actual factual knowledge is welcomed at this point. (I'm pulling my hair out)

Thanks!

mangaroo
16th Dec 2010, 9:13 PM
After you changed the zoning, you saved, exited back to the neighborhood, moved the lot to the bin, and then placed it back in the Uni neigborhood?

ETA: oops, just saw the death by flies bit. Probably not a fabulous idea to move a lot with a grave on it back to bin. I defer to the experts.

littleminx01
16th Dec 2010, 9:19 PM
I deleted the tombstone and the ashpile using moveobjects, so they shouldn't be a factor, but what I didn't do was indeed putting the lot in the bin and then putting it back. I did save and return to the neighboorhood but I didn't do those two last steps since I don't need several instances of this particular building.

Amma go check!

littleminx01
16th Dec 2010, 9:27 PM
Mangaroo:

It were indeed the last steps I hadn't done to seal the deal. Thanks for pointing that out to me, with capitol T. Solving a problem when you can't look at someone's computer only going by what it told is enough to make grown men cry (I saw it happen when I had a desperation-job at a call-center for an internet-provider.).

Thanks to you, my University is now complete and functional! *hugs*

Mootilda
16th Dec 2010, 10:09 PM
There's another option:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9750.0.html

"To unhide lots, subtract 0x00000010 from the value in U0 of the Lot Description in SimPE, works in reverse for hiding lots too."

Lavaster
9th Jan 2011, 6:20 AM
There's another option:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9750.0.html

"To unhide lots, subtract 0x00000010 from the value in U0 of the Lot Description in SimPE, works in reverse for hiding lots too."
Ooh, this is cool! Thanks for telling us this, it'll be fun making lots and hiding them from the lot bin.