View Full Version : Storymaker help
3rd Apr 2011, 6:44 PM
This isn't really much of a technical issue, just something I'm stuck on.
Today I created a story with the Album maker and uploaded it. So far so good.
Then I created a second chapter to the story, and the first one disappeared. :blink:
Luckily I didn't delete the pictures to the first story, so I can (painfully) rewrite it.
But in the future, how can I make it so that the stories I share don't overwrite previous ones?
3rd Apr 2011, 7:39 PM
There are two possible ways. The first way is to create another family, and use that family to add in the pictures from your family that you want to write about. The second way is to edit the "story id" in the storytelling folder of the family you want to write about.
1. Go in your game.
2. Create a new family.
3. Use this family and put it on a lot.
4. Go inside this lot and add pictures to the family's story album by clicking on the "plus" sign in story mode. You may also add in new pictures that you have taken with this newly created family.
5. Upload this family story to the exchange. The game will recognize this family album and the other family album as separate.
1. Open your EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N001 (or whatever)/Storytelling folder. If you only have the original base game (that is, ONLY The Sims 2), then you just have to go to EA Games/The Sims 2/Storytelling folder.
2. Sort the folder by name and scroll to the bottom of the page.
3. Locate the story file about your family.
4. Open the story file with MS Word.
5. Find the story id and change it to something unique. It can be any number, but preferably a number you can remember so you can edit this file sometime in the future.
6. Save the file.
7. Return to the game and upload the story to the exchange. Congratulations, your story will NOT override the previous old story and you can upload from the same family on the same lot. Please note that this method does NOT allow you to add any pictures; however, you may edit captions as often as you like. In order to add/remove pictures, you have to change the story id back to its original story id for the family, add/remove pictures, change the story id again to that specific chapter of the story series, and upload the updated story to the Exchange. It may sound a little confusing, but the game treats each story id to a particular family, even though you can trick the game to think that its story has a different id. When the story has a different id, it will not override its previous story and still can be uploaded from the same lot, from the same family.
3rd Apr 2011, 8:45 PM
Thank-you, you helped a lot :)
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.