PDA

View Full Version : Texturing help???

Shadow_Girl
21st Jun 2011, 12:44 AM
I've edited the alpha and the base textures, imported them, and comitted them, but now it won't show up on the mesh. Also, how do I remove the BumpMap?

omegastarr82
21st Jun 2011, 2:02 AM
The bumpmap you can change by replacing it on the mesh tab. As far as the texture goes what it that? Is that the whole thing? You still need to include the rest of the body, even if you're not using it. Did you change the uv map to make room for the fins? Also the textures should all be 1024x1024 for cas stuff.

Nysha
21st Jun 2011, 2:05 AM
Could you maybe attach the package file, or your textures themselves? It's hard to tell what's wrong from just screenshots. :)

To remove the bumpmap, import a neutral one when you import the new mesh. I've attached one to my post - ignore the fact that the file details say it's 0x0 and 0b, it's not...

Shadow_Girl
21st Jun 2011, 2:28 AM
Thank you. :)
Actually, I figured out I wasn't saving it correctly- It was a DXT3 instead of a DXT5. :faceslap:

And no, that's not the whole thing. The whole thing was too big for me to upload, so I cut it down to the part I was working on.

BloomsBase
21st Jun 2011, 11:34 AM
Thank you. :)
Actually, I figured out I wasn't saving it correctly- It was a DXT3 instead of a DXT5. :faceslap:

And no, that's not the whole thing. The whole thing was too big for me to upload, so I cut it down to the part I was working on.

DXT3 isn't used with sims3 clothing....

Nysha
21st Jun 2011, 11:42 AM
Well, it can be, though DXT5/DXT1noalpha is more common.

Shadow_Girl
22nd Jun 2011, 2:28 AM
Whenever I try to apply the neutral BumpMap, it says it's not in the correct format. :wtf:

Nysha
22nd Jun 2011, 10:45 AM
The image, or the key?

Shadow_Girl
22nd Jun 2011, 8:04 PM
Oops, forgot that part. It says the key isn't in the correct format.

Nysha
22nd Jun 2011, 11:00 PM
That's... very weird. Just to check, you added the meshes to the LOD boxes and the normalmap to its box at the same time, hit Commit and Saved? Perhaps try a new file?

Shadow_Girl
23rd Jun 2011, 2:14 AM
Well, when I reloaded it, apparently the problem resolved itself. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Nysha
23rd Jun 2011, 11:14 AM
Odd - but at least it's working now!