PDA

View Full Version : Changing what's appropriate for guests.

dejadejavu
27th Aug 2011, 3:06 AM
So, I think it's ridiculous that a sim's boyfriend can't make the bed/shower after staying the night. Or cook, etc etc. I'm very very new to this modding business, so here's what I'm thinking:

In every file, whether it's bed making, showering, etc something like this is in the file:

<Check type="SelfRegarding" value="3.5" />
<Check type="InappropriateForVisitor" value="2.5" />

There is not always the "SelfRegarding" value, but there is always an "InappropriateForVisitor" value. I'm just wondering if both of them have to be changed.

Secondly, the "InappropriateForVisitor" value ranges from 0.5 (sitting on toilet - which is fine for visitors to do) to 3.5 (detonating something - super uncool and rude)

Thanks for the help!

zaide_chris
27th Aug 2011, 9:38 AM
Honestly, I don't know but the best way to learn is to try.

Also some actions don't even have ether of those lines so you could also try deleting them.

Menaceman44
27th Aug 2011, 9:54 PM
Hmm, looks like they've changed the coding for that then. I made a mod aaaages ago to make it okay for guests to make the bed as I had a Neat Sim who did it every morning after staying at her boyfriends and it was pissing me off having him shout at her for tidying up.

When I did it there was simply a setting of 1 for the InapropriateForVisitor value which I assumed meant 'yes'. I changed it to 0 and the complaining stopped. I'll have to check if it's still working.