PDA

View Full Version : Bad (or maybe good?) playing habits?

desco
25th Oct 2011, 11:12 PM
Today I came to the realization that a lot of my homes are the same. I always end up using the same furniture, same floors, same layout...I'm sure you get the idea! It's actually kinda embarassing. :faceslap:

Anyway, do you have any similar habits? A certain hairstyle or chair you always use? A certain way you control your sims?

Sanati
25th Oct 2011, 11:20 PM
All of the above.

I also use the same exact sim model over and over, I just change the hair, eye, skin, and clothing colors while switching between the same few clothing options I really like. It becomes eerie after a while when every sim in town has the same face.

Weisskreuz
25th Oct 2011, 11:56 PM
Yup, I use the exact same lips for most of my female sims. But i've turned off same-sex procreation so identical sims aren't much of a problem.
When I design a house (very rare) I always use the most expensive furniture, and I never use Create A Style so the patterns are exactly the same.
I have to force myself to not use the same clothing and hair....for my male characters. I have so little for them, it's shameful.

DeLoure
26th Oct 2011, 12:10 AM
Yes, yes, YES!

- As soon as I fire up the game, I run into Create a Sim and "tweak" unwanted features on those premades. I often use the same traits as well: "friendly" and "lucky" are my most overused traits.

- I find myself using the same LTWs.

- I take advantage of Twallan's Master Controller and change unwanted traits, add/remove skills, and set up at least 375000 Lifetime Happiness points; y'know, to make their lives easier...for me to deal with.

- I also suffer from using the same furniture, same decorating style, etc.

*bows head* Damn. No WONDER why my game gets so boring, so fast.

kiatyn
26th Oct 2011, 1:02 AM
The only thing I find I *have* to do is make sure that if my sims wear shoes, they have socks.

I know, they're pixels.

I just can't help myself!

TinTin
26th Oct 2011, 1:17 AM
Every sim of mine has "Eye Distance" all the way to the left, otherwise they look like fish. Almost every starter house is designed in the same manner, to the point of maximising efficiency towards distance between objects and routing. Once they earn a few inheritances I build something less bland.

PhenethyaSim
26th Oct 2011, 1:44 AM
I guess the fact that all my sim experiance one long term monogamous relationship with no other romantic intrests would count as a bad habit.........I've only ever played one sim who had more than one relationship well technically two sims but one was a sim I only kinda controlled. and I've had alot of sims....

hipster90
26th Oct 2011, 2:21 AM
I tend to make everyone have kids, I even use Twallans MasterController to make townies have kids...I just like my kids being able to have alot of friends!!

O and I also have the great little habit of redoing everyone in my towns house over, why EA decided to give townies homes, without enough beds is beyond me

r_deNoube
26th Oct 2011, 4:49 AM
I guess the fact that all my sim experiance one long term monogamous relationship with no other romantic intrests would count as a bad habit.........I've only ever played one sim who had more than one relationship well technically two sims but one was a sim I only kinda controlled. and I've had alot of sims....
My beloved Sim-sister's lifetime wish is "Heartbreaker" but she refuses to break hearts. She'll bed Sims, definitely cultivating multiple "Romantic Interests," so far so good -- but not ask to go steady, so then they don't break up. I guess that's what happens when someone with Commitment Issues is played by someone with Romantic tendencies.

kayls42
26th Oct 2011, 7:23 AM
Almost every single one of my Sims has the "Workaholic" trait.
And I only like the a handful of the lip designs, so they're all I use for all my CAS Sims x)

I'm also a little addicted to my cheats - " motherlode " and SP's (or is it MC's? I'm drawing a blank!) Stasis in particular.

moryrie
26th Oct 2011, 7:32 AM
Unless I'm testing crap or failing at (yet another) legacy ... my games tend to consist of a sim or two (once I tried it with 8 at once..) maxing every skill in the game, and then maxing every skill challenge. And anything else that its possible to level. What can I say? I like achievement based gameplay. x.X

Naus Allien
26th Oct 2011, 7:39 AM
I have a strong preference for wood furniture, that's why I always end up using wood furniture and matching floor or walls. I don't like high-end or modern furniture.
My sims always have the traits friendly or helpless romantic and their faces are always perfect (my own conception of perfection).
I don't like NPCs / Pre-Made families be wearing horrible clothes, so as soon as I see them, I use Master Controller to send them to CAS and change their everyday outfit.

SommarBlomma
26th Oct 2011, 9:19 AM
Mine are:
1) Using motherlode every time I make a family. No, I don't give rich houses or apartments to all of them, but, I can make an old, realistically crappy, overcluttered houses with old furniture for some of my sims that are meant to be poor, and it takes a lot of simoleons to make such a house, too. So, those sims are poor according to the storyline, but technically all of them are rich in my game. I NEVER use starters!
2) I often give up worlds when they are half-done. It is the most annoying habbit. It always seems to me that the world lack space for everything I want to put in it, because I like to have them zoned into: an old town centre, a modern district with stylish houses, apartments and clubs, a rich suburban area, an industrial district with cheap apartments, a rural area. It all is never easy to combine in one world :)
3) I change NPCs' appearance even if they look decent from the start. I just feel like changing at least something in them
4) I use different furniture but place them usually in the same manner, I have to experiment with something different.

Zokugai
26th Oct 2011, 9:28 AM
I almost never manage to get past the third generation. I'll get a clever idea for a sim, and they'll have a kid, and maaaaybe that kid will grow up and have a kid, but the third generation never ever ever manages to reach adulthood before I get a new clever idea and I'm off playing a new family. And I never ever manage to get back to my old saves.

Also out of every ten sims I make probably seven wind up being painters as their primary source of money.

Lenne224
26th Oct 2011, 6:46 PM
1) I dont have evil, insane or mean spirited sims ( self made). I just cant do it.

2) When I start a new world (EA made) I always change the sims that are in that world to my liking, some times I even use sims I have made but dont intend to use if I feel the sims personality fits the sim I made. I do that everytime.

3) I never play male sims, I make them for boyfriends or stuff like that, but when they move in together I never play the male one.

4) I always use one motherlode on the households I play, since the houses I build always ends up in 50 000 simolions or more in worth.

There are probably more too, but these are the first that came to mind :p

Sirah81
26th Oct 2011, 7:14 PM
I have traits I use often, like Neurotic, Frugal, Workaholic and Loves the Outdoors. I like to use certain outfits (LN, Gen and pets clothes for example) and hate certain ones (basegame pregnancy dress/nightie, how I hate thee). I also prefer outfits to top and bottom. I like to use tied back or "done" hairstyles versus hair down in everyday wear. I put more energy and effort into creating women, men are just cleancut and vaguely preppy.

I use starter houses or build my own on an empty lot, but I always change the interior (and often outside) walls into creamy-yellow-brown colourscheme. Just seems sunnier. I also very rarely use anything modern or futuristic, usually only for Simbots, and even they mostly go for Steampunk. I have very utilitarian decor in the start, and I never put noisy stuff in bedrooms (like TVs, stereos). I like to put clutter on stuff later though. Most of my houses are smallish and preferably one floor. I like to give all sims their own hobbies but get annoyed when they get wishes for others hobbies (as in "no Laura, you cannot learn how to play guitar, Julio does that. Now get fishing wants!").

Erfie
26th Oct 2011, 7:52 PM
2) I often give up worlds when they are half-done. It is the most annoying habbit. It always seems to me that the world lack space for everything I want to put in it, because I like to have them zoned into: an old town centre, a modern district with stylish houses, apartments and clubs, a rich suburban area, an industrial district with cheap apartments, a rural area. It all is never easy to combine in one world :)

Aghh, I do this too! It's gotten to the point where I have to have a copy of all the sims I like in the family bin just so I don't lose them every time I start another world... one of these days I just want to make one and stick with it!

AceAbe
26th Oct 2011, 8:42 PM
When I played TS2 I would always create my sims in a specific way, same hairstyles, same lifetime aspiration etc and although I built them houses I would always use the same furniture and decor too. Since I started playing TS3 I have embraced change massively compared to before, I use all kinds of different furniture now, lots of different floor plans and changing the colour of pretty much anything I put in my houses...I love being able to do that! I have always controlled my sims the same way, even when I was playing the first sims games. I hate watching my sister play her sims 3, all she does is click the whole time and she uses the mouse entirely no keyboard whatsoever, I think that's a weird habit xD
There are traits in TS3 that I use extremely frequently, I do mix it up sometimes and add in a couple of my lesser used traits, just to see how things will unfold while I'm playing that sim, I love playing houses with lots of sims in them, having to stagger waking them up so they can all use the toilet and have a shower and eat breakfast before school or work.

aeval99
26th Oct 2011, 9:58 PM
I've been playing the same two sims since the original game. Different versions, obviously, but the same two Sims, over and over and over again.

Morwen Laicoriel
27th Oct 2011, 2:16 AM
I'm addicted to the random buttons when making sims. Every now and then I'll have a concept for what I want when I create a Sim, but most of the time I just hit random on the traits and the faces until I have a base I like enough to start off with it. I also really like Twallan's story progression mod because I never know what's going to happen when I have it on. I like the unpredictability, I guess?

One thing I noticed (in general, not even just in the Sims) is that I REALLY enjoy melodramatic stuff. I'm playing a "perfect gene" challenge, and when I started playing I didn't really have too big of a concept besides "make sure I get an heir". I've only just started the 2nd generation and between using the Nraas story progression and me being...weird, I've now had a dramatic plot building in my head where the heir (who is Insane, literally) is convinced that her family is under some sort of death curse after her parents died within a day of each other (on the birthday of her older twin sisters), and within a sim week of that one of those twins was turned into a vampire and killed by a slayer, and her older brother (who has the evil and family oriented traits) murdered the slayer in revenge. So...uh...yeah.

noxnoxnox
27th Oct 2011, 3:48 AM
One thing I noticed (in general, not even just in the Sims) is that I REALLY enjoy melodramatic stuff.
I think you have good habit. My selfsim died on the first day cooking her first meal, it was a big shock for me seeing her burning to an ash pile with no option to roll back. Since then, all my favorite sims carry a death flower each.
I also tend to have perfect sim, master of everything in my game, living in perfect house, wearing perfect clothing and makeup. But I can tolerate them to have evil, mean...traits. But they doesn't kill each other too often.

christmas fear
27th Oct 2011, 4:22 AM
I don't know why but in the Sims 2 I used to give all the female sims I made the same name lol

Morwen Laicoriel
27th Oct 2011, 3:05 PM
I think you have good habit. My selfsim died on the first day cooking her first meal, it was a big shock for me seeing her burning to an ash pile with no option to roll back. Since then, all my favorite sims carry a death flower each.

Oh man, I can't blame you not wanting to repeat that again, particularly when it happened on your first day! In Sims 2 my self-sim nearly died of starvation while she was pregnant with her first kid, and it REALLY creeped me out. (The only reason she DIDN'T die is that her husband rushed down and begged for Grim to save her.)

And honestly when my heir's sister was killed by the slayer I aaaalmost jumped back to a previous save to try to stop her from being killed. I had only just gotten the SP mod, and set the chance for sims to die to 5%, so Jasmine being killed (and the first one to go, too) was a pretty big shock to me. I think the main reason I didn't was that I realized playing out their brother's reaction to her death would be entertaining...

GnatGoSplat
27th Oct 2011, 8:32 PM
All the girl sims I make that aren't modeled after real people usually have almost the same face and body shape. I never use presets and always use sliders, but they always look very similar.
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/1/1/0/1/2/8/0/MTS_GnatGoSplat-1243763-sim_girls.jpg

I guess I must have a type.

I always give my male sims 5 o'clock shadow by default.
All my sims, male and female, like to cheat and break up marriages.
I always give them zappers from Zapper Park (a park I made full of zappers) so they can cure themselves and not have to sleep, eat, and pee so much.
I almost never give them jobs, they earn money through opportunities or selling crap because making crap builds skills and rabbithole jobs are just a waste of time.

eldavis
27th Oct 2011, 9:10 PM
There's a few hair styles that I definitely abuse. The 'Roy' male hairstyle is the one I am worst with. I should just delete it. I like raising families so I tend to choose hopeless romantic and family oriented for nearly all the sims I make in CAS. I completely get the decorating style. I was obsessed with the light hardwood flooring for at least a month. :rofl:

redcoalcarpets
28th Oct 2011, 1:16 AM
All my female sims: free-spirited hipsters with high cheekbones
All my male sims: attractive bad boy musicians with hearts of gold.

rinirae
28th Oct 2011, 4:11 AM
I never give my heirs traits that would hurt their ability to progress in the game. :/

vhanster
28th Oct 2011, 3:40 PM
I'm not sure if this is considered playing habit, but I almost always give my Sims black/dark clothing, and I tend to give them black-and-white furnitures as well...
And their favorite colors are usually black, white, grey, or sea-foam

tiffyandthewall
29th Oct 2011, 12:30 AM
no matter how hard i try, my female sims always end up looking like variations of one of three girls: dita von teese, christina hendricks, or maribel verdu. they're all gorgeous (obviously) but it gets boring. i try using the random button and then tweaking the faces a little bit, but i somehow still manage to make them look the same. sigh
i do usually vary the personalities though. there are some traits i still haven't used though, mostly because they seem to me like they just would be more of a hassle than anything.

rubberdukiey
29th Oct 2011, 2:46 AM
- Always makeover/revamp the EA houses
- Never ever use the evil or mean spirited traits.
- Use the same wood patterns all the time, in the same colours.
- Same house design in almost every house!
- Every sim has the observant reward.
- Never sell anything at the consignment store.

BORING

IrishGrace
29th Oct 2011, 11:37 AM
-All of my sims, from birth, are color-coordinated according to their favorite color. It's time consuming and tedious but I do it because I just can't stand to see a sim who's favorite color I know be left in random clothes and with random sheets. I won't go further than their bed (and their highchair, pottychair and the clothes on their bear when they're little) unless I'm doing a rainbow legacy.

-Along that same line, all of my founders (I always start with a pair but they start as nothing more than roommates) in the last 6 months or so have had their favorite colors be blue for the guy and pink for the girl. Ugh. Thankfully, even though I have the ability to change anybody's favorite color, I haven't done so unless for some reason two siblings happen to get the same one (usually only possibly happens if there are 5 or more siblings, which is veeery rare in my game).

-Most of my female sims look similar, though I'm trying to branch out. I almost always use one or two eye-shapes and two or three lips at most for all of my female sims. For my male sims, I'll quite happily hit the random button 'til I see something I like and then tweak it a bit.

CherrySim
29th Oct 2011, 5:44 PM
I always forget to put a back door in my Sims' houses.

Misanthrope
30th Oct 2011, 8:01 PM
All my sims look like supermodels. The males, especially, have the same cookie-cutter look which I prefer.
Every time I see an ugly townie spawned by the game, I get the strong, irresistible urge to edit them in CAS.

If I were God, I'd give everyone a makeover. In my image :king:

emilyhwithlove
30th Oct 2011, 8:16 PM
I always use the same hair, eyes, and lips for both genders. I can't find any others that I like! ;P

Same with clothes. There are about 5 Sims running around my town with the same hairstyles and the same outfits.. it's actually really freaky (:

oh, and reading back through, my Sims ALWAYS. ALWAYSS. have kids like hipster90 mentioned, and my Sims never have more than 1 BF/GF in their entire lifetimes like PhenethyaSim said. wow, I have more habits than I think (:

Srikandi
30th Oct 2011, 8:36 PM
I go out of my way to make my sims diverse from each other... they each have to have a "theme" that I try hard to be true to, in body type, face, clothes, furnishings etc. But I can't help making everything they have MATCH, using the same two or three colors. Spend hours re-casting everything till I'm happy with it. Even broke sims in tumbledown shacks... have to use the same destroyed wood and rusty metal textures on all their household items, and their stained undershirt has to be in colors that go with their ripped-up jeans. It's the curse of CaST I guess :)

I think my happiest moment in the game was when EA gave us CaSTable stairs and fences with WA, so those could match too ><

I also tend to make them too successful, according to the game's goal systems. They never max ALL skills, since I want them to be different from each other. But they always reach the top of their careers and max the skills I've picked for them to have, complete almost every opportunity, achieve their LTW early (and sometimes a second and third, using Master Controller to change it after it's fulfilled), and tend to spend far too little time on socializing and relationships, unless it's directly related to their LTW or career. They tend to have a partner (who gets ignored as soon as the relationship is established), but often don't have kids.

Jenl212
31st Oct 2011, 12:05 AM
I almost never manage to get past the third generation. I'll get a clever idea for a sim, and they'll have a kid, and maaaaybe that kid will grow up and have a kid, but the third generation never ever ever manages to reach adulthood before I get a new clever idea and I'm off playing a new family. And I never ever manage to get back to my old saves.

Also out of every ten sims I make probably seven wind up being painters as their primary source of money.

Those are my bad habits! I don't play The Sims 3 that often, but only just had a third generation baby the other day. And I've already abandoned that world and started building another.

My sim household always has at lease one painter, one novellist, and one gem collector, sometimes one Sim being all three!

I've never played evil, insane etc traits.

My Sims tend to be monogomous, family orientated types.

I rarely redecorate. So my Sims tend to have loads of cash and crappy furniture.

blueberrybruises
31st Oct 2011, 8:28 PM
I almost always rearrange the kitchen so that there is a refrigerator, corner counter, counter, then stove. The refrigerator is closest to the front door and the food processor goes on the corner counter. For a Sim, this just seems the most logical way to set up a kitchen.

goofball68
1st Nov 2011, 2:59 AM
Hehe nope I don't have this problem. I think I try to make my sims look different from each other. I love the custom design tool and I use it all the time.

Peoinee
1st Nov 2011, 8:40 AM
All my sims have Charismatic trait
I have not seemed to master the legacy story lines and cant play more than one sim at a time if i do my kids get taken away and i never seem to get my kids to grow up i cant help it i play on epic life time and if i play shorter i dont get stuff done i should try it sometime maybe i could actually play

and as of pets all my sims are horsewomen i cant seem to stop my self that is such a lucritive but extinsive area of the game it takes so much of my time im getting the hang of 2 "sims" by doing this thogh

dartigen
1st Nov 2011, 1:30 PM
I have not seemed to master the legacy story lines and cant play more than one sim at a time if i do my kids get taken away and i never seem to get my kids to grow up i cant help it i play on epic life time and if i play shorter i dont get stuff done i should try it sometime maybe i could actually play
I set the sliders up custom - kids grow up fast, but stay YA/Adult/Elder for the epic length. That way you get through the kid crap fast.

I often forget to save my game before inventing or making metal sculptures.
I always put the burglar alarm outside the house, despite the fact that it doesn't always work. I think that's a leftover from Sims 2.
I always forget to put callboxes near elevators.
I seem to use Midlife Crisis a lot.
I always aim for the Steel Bladder/Hardly Hungry/Dirt Defiant/Carefree rewards early on. Now if only there was an 'Insomniac' reward.
I suck at light placement. I have to rearrange ceiling lights at least 3 or 4 times because I put the lights in before I put stuff in the room.
I am addicted to ceiling lights.
I am constantly using the 'kaching' and 'motherlode' cheats while building houses.
I never use standard houses. ALL CUSTOM, ALL THE TIME.

lisfyre
1st Nov 2011, 7:09 PM
I always:

- renovate EA houses my sims move into
- build new homes for my sims if I don't use an EA renovated house
- never, ever play EA canned sims
- my sims are not allowed to marry EA sims or be related to any of them - just friends
- use ceiling lamps
- only use wall lamps outside
- use white a lot
- my sims never have any negative traits only positive
- get Steel Bladder/Hardly Hungry/Dirt Defiant rewards for all my sims
- all my sims have profitable "hobbies" - i.e. painting, writing, sculpting, inventing
- all my sims learn ALL skills
- play EPIC lifespan - the longest being teen, YA and adult so they can learn all skills
- create most of my sims as vegetarians because I can't stand the idea of "growing" steaks, turkey, hotdogs, cheese, eggs and harvesting them (we need a farm EP so we can really have meat and other animal products - i.e. eggs, cheese, butter, milk, etc.)
- never use EA hair or download it because it's ugly
- age up toddlers/children as soon as they learn everything they can learn at that stage
- have a "live-in nanny" as self employed to take care of little ones then move them out as soon as those little ones aren't little anymore
- have mom/dad be self employed if I don't have that live-in nanny until the little ones are teens - I hate the babysitter system in this game

SpikesSerenity
2nd Nov 2011, 1:09 AM
My Sims love to "flip" houses! Ok, so I love to flip houses, but you get the point. :) I move them into whatever crappy premade house they can afford, then I sell EVERYTHING, including the windows and doors. LOL Then I purchase what I can to make them comfy until my sim can afford new items. I also add on rooms and make the outside look better. Honestly, is it really necessary for EA to make every premade, reasonably expensive house so fugly? Sheesh.

As far as decorations, I try to change things up, but in the end I basically decorate with the same items, carpet, etc in each house. I am so set in my ways it's ridiculous!

orkhid22
2nd Nov 2011, 2:24 AM
- i dont ever play the townies
- i dont every build houses or community lots
- most of my sims don't complete his/her LTW
- most of my sims dont master a skill
- i start out trying to color coordinate according to favorite colors and then i get tired of that.. and dont ever finish
- i dont play past the 3rd generation
- i've never successfully played a legacy
- i'm slowly learning how to decorate
- i usually start off using no cheats and then i get too many sims and not enough room for them in the starter house and not enough money so i motherlode them into the house i want, usually a lovely creation by someone else, and then i move my sims in
- i use to play on epic and now i've changed to playing on normal
- i dont like futuristic decorations
- inappropriate in a good way, discount diner, the one that lets you get in for free to movies and the stadium, and master of seduction , no bills ever, and fireproof homestead are a MUST for reward points
- i always start out with a "plan" of how things will go.. but that fails, nothing happens the way i planned.

HarVee
2nd Nov 2011, 4:24 AM
I find myself always going into CAH and using this pattern a lot http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/Metal-Inusan/untitled1.jpg

tiffyandthewall
7th Nov 2011, 7:30 AM
-i almost always use one of these eyebrows (circled in red) for my female sims:
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lua4ttkgn01qzkm68o1_400.png
i always plan to use something different, but rarely do. it's a minor habit, but a persistent one nonetheless.

-i also make almost all of my sims either family-oriented or nurturing. i don't know why, because i really don't like kids in real life.
-i always play (or attempt) legacy type families. i never play a one-off kind of thing. i come up with a back story and plan to carry it out forever, but usually end up getting bored after the third generation. the last family, i was determined to make very french. all of the kids learned the songs as soon as they were teenagers, and the antique pottery from 'the old country' was passed down. i'd try to make each generation go back to visit. it was cute, but got old fast.
-most of my sims end up being bisexual. especially because i usually play a female sim, and i think it's harder to make a unique, attractive male sim. but when i play male sims, it's the same way.
-i never really work on sim relationships. i start off trying to make them friends with everyone, but it's such a hassle. i hardly ever send my sims out on town. the open neighborhood is wonderful, but my sims are as lazy as i am. go figure.

HCAC
7th Nov 2011, 10:38 AM
I spend more time looking for stuff to download (same for Sims 2) than playing. I say, "Better get this fired up" (the game) but then think maybe I will look for another dress or pair of earrings and before you know it, I haven't any time to really play.

It's okay to do this when you have a good desktop but now all we have is a laptop which played the base game very well, but once you start getting picky about wanting accessories and adding to a bloated CAS closet, the frustration sinks in.

I want a good PC with a great videocard. *sigh*

My 2 addictions to download are hair and eyes...they make the Sims. But I can't indulge myself in too many downloads. So I get annoyed.

I added a mod recently that seemed to help a bit with lag, but I still want all that cool CC to make my dollies shine.

I'm also anti-EA Sims. I've gotten better but I don't like playing with already created Sims. I rarely download anyone else's Sims. I want the game to be mine, all mine but I have gotten better, will have my people date or marry in game Sims now.

I'm also guilty of not really looking at all the stuff that comes with the game or expansion. I'd rather download the user made content. I should stop and realize I can customize most of the stuff in the game.

emilyhwithlove
7th Nov 2011, 11:30 PM
All my sims end up in jail.

i think i just peed myself laughing so hard.

kadience
8th Nov 2011, 12:16 AM
When I build houses, they vary in the plan, but the decor is always the same. And I noticed once that I had ten houses with the same exterior wall cover, and same roof colour.

I use the same presets for sims faces, ever time. I'm getting better with everything else now.

DigitalSympathies
8th Nov 2011, 12:37 AM
I can never play with CC in TS3 for longer than a week.

90% of everything is white or black.

Rooms are colour-coordinated.

Houses must have fenced-in backyards. ALWAYSSSSS.

My sims never make it past generation 2.

I have a strong liking for redheads.

My sims usually are on the larger side.

I end up using that one furniture set - I can't remember the name for it in TS3 but in TS2 it was the "Club" set where everything was in coffee/neutral colours.

I make driveways even though my sims never need/use/want them.

ALL WINDOWS MUST MATCH D:<

Herschwitz
8th Nov 2011, 12:39 AM
- I never make female sims. They always turn out incredibly ugly. I can make absolutely gorgeous male sims, but I can not for the life of me make a female look pretty.

- Every time I download new CC I have to make a new sim. I have, probably, fifty to a hundred saved games right now.

- I tend to overuse the Workaholic, Neat, and Charismatic traits, among others.

- I don't want my pretty sims to get old and ugly, so I either play with aging off or have it on the Epic lifespan if I want a child sim to age up. Then I turn it back off again.

- I try to give sims rooms that include their favorite color. If I have a married couple who sleep in the same room, I choose between one of them to coordinate the colors. Siblings can have their beds different colors, though.

- I can not (usually) make attractive manly sims. I can never get the faces right!

And most likely more that I can't remember right now.

LadyKombucha
8th Nov 2011, 1:10 AM
-about 80% of the sims i create are female, and normally goth or punk looking.
- i colour theme everything, have done since sims 2. so Anna's favourite colour is blue. she has blue eyes, blonde hair, and blue clothing for every catagory. most of her house is blue.
- i used to have to build houses symetrically. the door would be in the centre, with a central hallway, and the same sized rooms either side. thankfully i seem to have moved beyond this for the most part.
- i have several sims i MUST HAVE in my town, even if i don't play them, and i've had them in previous games too. Clarice Strange is the friendly athletic genius. she has light brown skin, short black hair, loves the colour green, I made her in Sims 1 and she just stuck with me. Anna Lovell is a sweet hearted scientist with a love of the sea who had her heart broken by a never-seen man who left her to raise her son Darren alone. she's from sims 2. and i always put myself and my RL partner in the town, but rarely play us.
- i like to "theme" my town and houses normally have a similar look and style. on my current island world, all buildings have a foundation made from the same stone. the reason being, is that its very water resistant and the town is prone to floods.

i could go on and on and on.....

r_deNoube
8th Nov 2011, 8:19 AM
I have a strong liking for redheads.

I'm with you that far. The rest is negotiable.

Ronnie.

Erfie
8th Nov 2011, 7:09 PM
Realized earlier today that over half of the houses I've built or remodeled are done up in brown boring neutral colours...

iamsam32
8th Nov 2011, 8:05 PM
My Sims always have strong family traits slated towards one of them (usually) the Mom being a housewife. I have all these rules in my head about moving to the next generation, but I NEVER get there. I always think of something else to do or try and can't bring myself to play more than one family or saved game at a time....LOL

piezoelectric
22nd Nov 2011, 1:41 AM
Sometimes, the CAST tool makes me go all OCD and make everything matchy-matchy. I end up with one color of wood, one pattern and one accent color through the whole house. It's kind of sad.

Also, now that I have the Pets EP, I have gotten into the habit of making my family a dog or cat and then completely ignoring it. I love how they can do things on their own!

noxnoxnox
22nd Nov 2011, 10:06 AM
Also, now that I have the Pets EP, I have gotten into the habit of making my family a dog or cat and then completely ignoring it. I love how they can do things on their own!

Really?!? Are you kidding me? I should not have listened to your advice in first place. While I were running around wooing extra ladies, my kitten icon turned red-alert, I canceled all the karma simtras in action and immediately teleported home, picked her up, smoochied, huggied in a big loop. Out of blue pops the truck of social pet service, they took ALL of my pets away, including my dog, two unicorns and their first foal :cry: :cry: :cry: I hereby officially demand compensation for pets loss and sim trauma caused by misleading info :alarm: .
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/nox_nox_nox/Screenshot-128.jpg

televisionsick
22nd Nov 2011, 6:19 PM
-cliched personalities: in each of my families, there is always a nerdy sim and an artistic sim. i'm trying to work on other personalities....but it's hard to get out of the routine!
-i decorate houses in the same quirky hip way with the same wallpaper etc
-most of the males i have made in CAS look pretty similar. they all are lanky, with thin lips and a long nose. oh and they're always punk. my girls, on the other hand, always look different.
-creating households that are generally punk/"alternative" in general
-stylist career
-one parent doesn't have a job
-monogamous relationships. they meet as children or teens and stay that way FOREVER. i'm trying to change this too. my sims should probably "look around" instead of em creating the perfect mate.

Scarysecrets
24th Nov 2011, 4:24 AM
~ I always use the Genius trait. It doesn't help that parents always want their kids to be geniuses too!
~ I always have kids, and usually at least 2 before my sims grow from YA to Adult. I have never had a sim that didn't have kids; I get bored without the little rugrats around!
~ I always use motherlode/testingcheatsenabled true
~ My sims are always monogamous. I've only ever had one sim cheat and I think I was traumatized when the whole town (including the newspaper) knew! Never again!
~ My sims always get the most expensive cars
~ I love to play with Sims' genetics, so I always make my parents completely different from one another. Different hair colour, skin colour, eye colour, face/eye/nose shape etc... so I can see which kids get mom's characteristics and which ones get dads. I have never had my two parents look even remotely the same.
~ My names are always themed. Famous book names/tv show names/mythical names/ 1920's names/colours (no joke, had one family who all had names that were shades of red - rouge, carmine, ruby, crimson, auburn, scarlett) etc....

sammxo2010
27th Dec 2011, 1:15 AM
I always make the same, skinny, artsy-fartsy looking Sim but I'm trying to be better at making them look different.
I have never had a full second generation.
I don't build houses, I'd rather just renovate the EA starter home.
Aaaaand I don't use mods or CC. Everything in my game is from EA. I just don't have the time or computer space to have all of that kind of stuff.

JaneeMinx
27th Dec 2011, 4:29 AM
I get bored with sims sometime, so instead of moving them out of my house so i can play the interesting ones without worrying about others' needs, I kill them. So many of my sims have died in tragic accidents (fire, drowning, etc...) because I get bored.

PunkyBreester
27th Dec 2011, 5:07 AM
Back in TS1, I used to drown the kids that were born "ugly" (that STUPID party hat!!!), to my mom's utter horror.

Rushifell
27th Dec 2011, 5:37 AM
I always used the same hair and clothes in TS2, something I've changed completely in S3. Now I try to never use the same hair or clothing for more than one sim at a time. I even tend to not use my favorite hair styles - in case I would think up the perfect sim for that hair. (Instead of putting it on a random one and then regret it).

Most of my sims have similar facial features, especially for the nose, mouth and facial shape. The eyes are usually the only part that varies a lot, though I almost never use the asian kind of eyes. So still - not THAT much change.

I prefer to use black hair, for some reason. I don't even have black hair IRL or anything, but it's still my favorite hair colour in the game for some reason. That's for female sims - my male sims almost always gets the regular brown hair. Pretty much every female sim I make have the palest skin. I like pale.

A lot of my sims gets traits like absent minded, crazy, problems to commit, cleptomaniac, flirty, hot headed and so on. The most overused skill trait for me would be the artistic trait.

Other than that, my sims tend to dress up very differently from each others. I always start out with one sim only, and the last thing I'll think of is to breed up a new family. Therefor I almost never get past the first generation, as I get bored on the way and make a new sim.

If I'm going for a starter home, I usually just pick an EA made one. I'm not good with building houses that has a good looking exterior anyway. I can't stand the interior of a EA made house though, as they always use the same fugly patterns all over in the house. So I change all the wallpapers, usually I pick the same wallpapers for every house but with different patterns. I always use the same wooden floor.

QueenJimmyIV
27th Dec 2011, 12:05 PM
Really?!? Are you kidding me? I should not have listened to your advice in first place. While I were running around wooing extra ladies, my kitten icon turned red-alert, I canceled all the karma simtras in action and immediately teleported home, picked her up, smoochied, huggied in a big loop. Out of blue pops the truck of social pet service, they took ALL of my pets away, including my dog, two unicorns and their first foal :cry: :cry: :cry: I hereby officially demand compensation for pets loss and sim trauma caused by misleading info :alarm: .
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/nox_nox_nox/Screenshot-128.jpg

That's because kittens can sometimes get caught in a "run around" net. They'll continue running around until the cows come home, which they never will because they're wooden standees, even if it means potentially heading to kitty heaven or at the very least being scooped up by the animal shelter.

If you had that many animals, you didn't really have to cancel the owner's actions, but just have the kitten go pee, eat, socialize, and go to sleep. This isn't like Sims 2 where you can't control the pets. I don't have to direct my pets very often, but I do occasionally have to tell them that, yes, there IS food in the dish. I don't really have a lack of social interactions for my four cats, though, seeing as how there are five sims in the house plus the butler and maid. They either play with each other, the help, or the family.

As for me... I love giving my female sims funky hair colors. Ginger with auburn roots, green highlights, and blue tips? Bring it. Someone always ends up becoming a vampire (mostly because I LOVE their eyes) and there is always at least one Green Thumb per generation. The Green Thumb usually ends up being my legacy heir. I like to create sims with big ears, even my girls. It's just so cute. Most of my males end up having Adrian Brody's nose. Never fails. I use one or two sets of eyebrows. I never use the eye colors given to us by EA. I love making Native American or Indian sims. They're gorgeous.

All my females have vanilla pudding eyes #1 or #2, mostly #2.

The first new generation is always 5+ kids. Everyone stays at home unless I find them uninteresting and then I just find them a mate and kick them in with their mate so they can have babies or whatever. I love playing the firefighter and ghost hunter careers. I don't tend to make my sims go into the business, journalism, medical, or music careers... unless it has to do with a story.

I've noticed that I always tend to create kitchens with dining areas instead of a dining room being separate. The kitchen+dining areas tend to be green with dark wood. Very forest-y colors. I also decorate the kitchen far more than any other room in the home.

I usually go into more detail in CAS with females than males. Males I only really bother with their everyday and formal wear. Of course, I check through their underwear, athletic, and swim wear but I usually just leave it as I can't be arsed if it looks reasonable. The only times I might change it is if I'm creating a sim with a specific personality (military/gangster/goth/etc).

fingersmith
27th Dec 2011, 7:01 PM
I am always focused on creating big multi-generational families, from one starting sim. I usually get to around generation 5/6 before moving onto a new town/game. :)

I love building. I tend to demolish most of the EA things and build everything from scratch before creating families/sims to occupy the town.
- That said, I like to make things 'real'. So, I build housing estates with a similar design but different sized houses, as that is very common where I live. :)

I have a lot of homosexual and bisexual sims, probably linked to my own orientation. However, I rarely play male homosexual couples - I just let them live their lives out with the story progession mod etc. Female homosexual couples, however, I play a lot. :)

calicoskies
28th Dec 2011, 2:13 AM
Lets see I've a few habits, a lot of them carry over from playing Sims 2, allthough this last year I've managed to play with the same family.
1. I play with the longest life settings and have a tendency to turn aging off all together if I am working on a specific goal.
2. I always start out with a female and then create a male for her later.
3. My adults always max one skill before they have kids.
4. My males stay home with the kids, moms work then when both parents are "adults intead of YA'" I have the mom retire and the dad goes to work.
5. I never build, but I do add on to preexisting ea houses or my favorite downloaded houses.
6. all my playables live in one house.. Usually ten sims at a time.
7. I overuse family oriented, Green Thumb, Flirty, Childish, Artistic, Virtuoso and Natural Cook
8. My sims have to have at least one to two bad traits or I will go in with a mod and fix it. XD so all townies that end up in my playable family get fixed if they end up in the main house.
9. My sims are exclusivley Red Heads and Brunettes
10. At least one of my sims fishes regardless if they like to or not.. just cuz I like watching them fish XD. I have a tendancy to make them do it when I'm waiting for their partner or kids to come home.

Shhh
28th Dec 2011, 4:55 PM
I changed my game play alot without meaning to.

~ My Sims often have a hobby or talent.
~ I like the Genius trait.
~ My houses are always pretty though not modern very often.
~ I like my Sim's houses to have that 'country farm' feeling.
~ I don't mind how male Sims really look, just give them stubble and they will be fine.
~ My female Sims are always pretty.
~ I hate my Sims being as thin as they can with no muscle.

And so on :D .

Rushifell
28th Dec 2011, 6:22 PM
Moar:

I almost never make extremely thin sims, as I think the a lot of the clothes tend to look "wrong" on them, especially for male sims. (Like how baggy jeans suddendly looks like normal jeans just because the sim is thin.)

I don't let my sims skill up in everything. I just let them skill up in things that I think fits their personality.

Many of my sims are bisexual, but often get into straight relationships in the end because I want 'em to get kids that looks like them. (And really, some adoptionsims looks quite ugly...)

All my houses looks quite different from eachother, I think it's boring to build houses that all looks the same. Instead, I mix styles like crazy, which makes the neighboorhoods look stupid. Especially when I can't fit houses that looks good togheter in the same part of the neighboorhood, and so luxury houses can be put next to a wreck.

I have put down the life span of elders to 10 days. No one likes elders anyway.

I always get annoyed with the random ugly clothes sims gets when they age up, so I usually can't resist to nraas my way into CAS and change them.

The only life state I like are vampires. But once I had a rock band consisting of two vampires and a mummy, which was badass. Too bad I couldn't stand the mummy, so I moved the beast into another house so that I didn't have to have it in my home.

QueenJimmyIV
28th Dec 2011, 9:56 PM
I have put down the life span of elders to 10 days. No one likes elders anyway.

You're kinder than I am. I have it down to 5 days... or less. It depends on how many elder sims I have in the neighborhood. In a recent game, I cranked it down to 2 days because my town was full of freaking elders who weren't doing anything and so the young people weren't getting together or having babies at all. As soon five dropped off like flies, some of the young couples began having children. :)

Shhh
28th Dec 2011, 11:26 PM
Life Spans:

Baby ~ 2 ~ Annoying crying creatures :D .
Toddlers ~ 7 ~ They can be quite cute
Children ~ 7 ~ They are OK
Teens ~ 9 ~ They are interesting
YA ~ 450 ~ I know it is long but they are fun and it goes quickly
A ~ 115 ~ Getting wrinkles, not so pretty
Elders ~ 14 ~ It was 2 but I wanted them to become mean old women or grandparents etc.

So a bit mixed up where toddlers live as long as kids and nearly as long as elders :)

lipglosschaos
29th Dec 2011, 2:46 AM
1) My Sims are so antisocial! Basically they only go out to break the "Stir Crazy" negative moodlet and to get spouses... My Sims never have any friends. They spend their time at home.

2) I never build houses, I just use downloaded ones or premade ones (I spent an hour going through Riverview, Sunset Valley, and Appaloosa plains saving all the houses to my bin for variety!).

3) I'm a testingcheatsenabled junkie... I just cannot survive having to fill their petty needs.

4) I never give them negative traits... Basically they end up with Flirty/Hopeless Romatic and like three skill-related traits, and lucky. Lazy, unlucky, and antisocial Sims annoy me.

5) Every once and awhile I go through a town and makeover every single sim to give them non-fugly outfits, hair, and appearances (and make sure men don't show up to the pool in ripped jeans and high heels). My craziness about this tends to get annoying because I have lots of CC and it can take 40 minutes to makeover one Sim because of the lag.

6) No patience for starter houses. I avoid using money cheats, but I always d freerealestate.

7) Not sure if this is a bad habit, but I never pay attention to the Favorites, the voice level, or horoscopes. It just doesn't usually matter to me.

8) I tend to use the same lips for my Sims. Though I try to vary the hair, I never give them strange or "scenester" hair, makeup, or clothes. They all look like they stepped off an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place. I make all their outfits extremely color-coordinated, to the point whereit would be impossible to replicate IRL.

9) I only use ceiling lights; there are two wallpapers I use more than any other; I am creepily pattern-coordinated in rooms.

10) I always come up with a back story, which is weird, but I imagine their lives as one incredibly long and boring movie.

11) I LOVE making Sims. I have so many in my bin and I love planting them around town. I really should upload some to this site, but I can't figure out the packaging software.

12) I always have a live-in nanny. She usually is scantily-clad in the French maid outfit, and spends the whole day cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the children. She almost never gets a minute to herself, except when there are no small children. I highly recommend creating a Sim and just having her live with you, it's really helpful to have. Give her/him the Natural Cook, Neat, Green Thumb, and Family Oriented traits. I also like to give her flirty because it stirs up drama when she hits on the husband of the house. (By the way, I'm not totally cruel- even though she works nonstop she gets her own room and if she does have downtime she can wander the house and do whatever).

Life Spans:

Baby ~ 2 ~ Annoying crying creatures :D .
Toddlers ~ 7 ~ They can be quite cute
Children ~ 7 ~ They are OK
Teens ~ 9 ~ They are interesting
YA ~ 450 ~ I know it is long but they are fun and it goes quickly
A ~ 115 ~ Getting wrinkles, not so pretty
Elders ~ 14 ~ It was 2 but I wanted them to become mean old women or grandparents etc.

So a bit mixed up where toddlers live as long as kids and nearly as long as elders :) Oh God, do I agree, except I have Toddlers set to the lowest life span as well. Teenagers annoy me with the Generation patch, now they are so annoying (although I wish they'd bring back pimples). I definitely prefer the YA age, after that it's just boring.

Didn't mean to write that long of a post... I guess I'm just a wreck.

hannahmh87
29th Dec 2011, 1:36 PM
Unless I'm testing crap or failing at (yet another) legacy ... my games tend to consist of a sim or two (once I tried it with 8 at once..) maxing every skill in the game, and then maxing every skill challenge. And anything else that its possible to level. What can I say? I like achievement based gameplay. x.X

:blink:...are you my husband?

That is exactly what he does, although he has to make sure his simself is always better than everyone else :rolleyes:

lisfyre
29th Dec 2011, 4:13 PM
:blink:...are you my husband?

That is exactly what he does, although he has to make sure his simself is always better than everyone else :rolleyes:

LOL :) My husband and I play epic lifespan because all our sims HAVE to get all skills maxed. His sim self, his heir, his heir's heir and so on and so on have to have them maxed. His other sons and daughters don't. In my game, I'm starting to relax a bit on that but sometimes, I just get carried away and go nuts all over again!!

hannahmh87
29th Dec 2011, 5:57 PM
I haven't got the patience to completely max out everyone with everything. I tend to just max out certain skills based on their traits and stuff.

He plays with aging off while I play with aging on long (sort of customised so that they are babies for 2 days and toddlers for 3 days, as I lose patience with babies and toddlers quickly).

He also rarely lets his sims leave the lot or mix with other sims unless he has to, whereas my sims actually know the world outside their house and I allow them to talk to others.

He is very controlling whereas I just let them run around with supervision.

In all games he plays his character has to be the best character they can be, whereas mine just muddle through. Itís amazing how different we are...

TheLB
30th Dec 2011, 4:45 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/10mreir.jpg
Basically this is the facial structure I use for all my females. The nose and makeup might change slightly, but not likely. Hair colors, styles, and clothes are all over the board. (Although I do have a fondness for that particular hair style)

All my men end up being dark-skinned, hairy, and muscular. Also a lot of them are vampires.

99% of my women are sluts/homewreckers/black widows, etc.

If given enough time, all of my sims will have the following skills maxed: Collecting, Fishing, Gardening, Cooking, Painting, Charisma, and Martial Arts. (And most recently, Horse Riding.)

I make stylists repeatedly. Apparently, I really, really, really like playing virtual dress-up.

With most furniture, I'm not partial, and I just choose things that fit with the theme. But all of my kitchen appliances and bathroom plumbing have to be the highest quality. No exceptions.

I mostly play single sim households. Inevitably, I will cave and get that person a long-term boyfriend or girlfriend. But when I do, I will CAS their love interests. I can't stoop to dating townies seriously.

They are always young adults, with the lifespan set to epic before I buy an age freeze potion.

hannahmh87
30th Dec 2011, 10:05 AM
I mostly play single sim households. Inevitably, I will cave and get that person a long-term boyfriend or girlfriend. But when I do, I will CAS their love interests. I can't stoop to dating townies seriously.

:giggler: I know what you mean, I always say I will but when I see my sims selection I just cannot bring myself to do it, some sims are shocking!

vhanster
30th Dec 2011, 1:37 PM
I also use the same exact sim model over and over, I just change the hair, eye, skin, and clothing colors while switching between the same few clothing options I really like. It becomes eerie after a while when every sim in town has the same face.

I have a similar habit- I usually try to alter the cheek, jaw, nose, lips, and chin as well, but at very slight proportions that it can barely be noticed. Also, I don't really like EA's in-game contents, so I either use CC or Store Content, that I have a more limited options for hair modifications and such.

Another bad habit of mine is clearing out Neighborhoods simply because I don't like how the puddings are served (the only exception I've ever made is Bridgeport), and if the game generated ugly townies, I simply delete them. This causes problems in maintaining my Sim's social bars, since I usually create single-Sim household.

joot27
31st Dec 2011, 6:48 AM
Mine is a tad odd. But EVERY one of my female and male sims share the exact body, hair and face! :/ Yeah.

Simmie
1st Jan 2012, 1:41 AM
Mine is a tad odd. But EVERY one of my female and male sims share the exact body, hair and face! :/ Yeah.
Hey, I used to do that! I don't anymore though, for some reason I've gained some patience lately... Yeah right.

JenHouses
2nd Jan 2012, 7:51 AM
^ I agree LOL. Guilty as charge. It's not my fault I'm very picky. Another habit is, never playing the same family more than twice. :/

JaneeMinx
2nd Jan 2012, 5:28 PM
I've noticed that every time I have twins or triplets, I make them all dress the same until they're teenagers. Huh.

Simmer4Lyf
3rd Jan 2012, 5:33 AM
-All of my sims, from birth, are color-coordinated according to their favorite color. It's time consuming and tedious but I do it because I just can't stand to see a sim who's favorite color I know be left in random clothes and with random sheets. I won't go further than their bed (and their highchair, pottychair and the clothes on their bear when they're little) unless I'm doing a rainbow legacy.

Ha, this is a big one of mine too. Every single outfit at every single age must include their favorite color. It is time consuming but must be done. Otherwise the favorite color feels pointless. I also always make their bed sheets, teddy bear, highchair, potty chair, car, bike, laptop, and guitar, their favorite color too. The favorite color really acts as a guide. Lol, I couldn't really think of anything but you reminded of this one and made me realize it's kind of funny.

And I don't know if this qualifies, it feels more like a product of my OCD, but I always always ALWAYS make my sims brush their teeth after they wake from a normal cycle of sleep. They may be an hour or four late for work and about to starve to death, but I have to make them brush before doing anything else outside of the bathroom. Brushing teeth was the biggest trivial thing I missed from sims 1 when I got sims 2, so immediately warmed up to sims 3 when I saw they brought it back. In sims 2 I'd make them drink a glass of water before leaving the bathroom to make up for not brushing. I dunno, it's like I could feel the morning breath. OC tendencies in me run strong, lol. I'm serious though. :|

Simmer4Lyf
3rd Jan 2012, 5:35 AM
All the girl sims I make that aren't modeled after real people usually have almost the same face and body shape. I never use presets and always use sliders, but they always look very similar.
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/1/1/0/1/2/8/0/MTS_GnatGoSplat-1243763-sim_girls.jpg

I guess I must have a type.

I always give my male sims 5 o'clock shadow by default.
All my sims, male and female, like to cheat and break up marriages.
I always give them zappers from Zapper Park (a park I made full of zappers) so they can cure themselves and not have to sleep, eat, and pee so much.
I almost never give them jobs, they earn money through opportunities or selling crap because making crap builds skills and rabbithole jobs are just a waste of time.

The first 3 look like... pros. Anorexic pros.

kewpie
3rd Jan 2012, 7:04 AM
I have no idea why, but my favorite sim is this big fat ugly guy I made as sort of a joke when I first got the game, but I got attached to him. Since Generations came out, now he's a big fat ugly HAIRY guy. He wears a rain hat, a hooded sweatshirt, shorts and combat boots with no socks. He originally always wanted to be an International Super Spy, but he's been a ghost hunter inventor and a private detective.

His traits are: Slob, Childish, Inappropriate, Mooch and Snob.

I have no idea why, but I love this dork. He reminds me of the comic book guy. I make other characters, but he is hands down my favorite guy. If I leave him alone for a second, he's either in the mirror pretending to shoot himself or offending someone by begging them for food, criticizing them or blathering on about himself.

He is a terrible sim and I think he's the most fun to play. Whenever I want to start a new game, but I'm not clicking with whatever character I made, I always get him out of storage and he never fails to make me laugh.

opiumgirl
3rd Jan 2012, 9:56 AM
I am a CC junkie.
I download the most beautifull sims and houses and then I change everything about them.
I refuse to let my sims age past YA.
I don't play in EA neighbourhoods
Almost all my female sims are: natural cooks, bookworms, loves the outdoors, artistic. + random other trait
Almost all my male sims are: green thumbs, bookworms, loves the outdoors, friendly. + random trait.
My sims mostly stay in their houses.
I am a motherlode and tesingcheatsenabled junkie.
Everything must match.
All my sims wear t-shirts and jeans with combat boots.
I am obsessed with one particular family that has to be in all my neighbourhoods, I will move them over, make a new family to play, abandon the new family and then go right back playing my old family.
Almost all my sims have the last name Long or Black, It gets very confusing

Vault boy
3rd Jan 2012, 10:12 AM
+I never play with any of the sims that come with the town: Either it is a vast array of self-sims that due to my own lazyness I haven't purged, or some other variation thereof. And I also give him both the Genius and Neurotic traits.
+I find myself often creating "themed" rooms (either sci-fi, fantasy, aegyptian...)
+I end up matching up my self-sims with characters I have also made (justifiable in towns that I had to pre-populate myself...)
+Complete refusal to make enemies.

acid_fairy
3rd Jan 2012, 7:42 PM
I play the same type of family each time. Random CAS sim I made myself, gets a job, finds a girl/boy, starts a family, rinse and repeat. It is DEATHLY BORING and yet I can't break out of this play style!

GnatGoSplat
3rd Jan 2012, 10:01 PM
The first 3 look like... pros. Anorexic pros.

They act that way, too. Even the last one is a bisexual cheater.

Kathwynn
3rd Jan 2012, 11:04 PM
My female sim are generally some one self sims.. My male sims are either a geeky looking things or one of I just know I can get the yes right this time... Forever on the quest to make a self sim.. Current sim that I am playing is a case in point. Got everything just about right.. But the eyes.

Almost all the sims I play have the bookworm trait. Why sit around and wait when it is quicker for them to read the blasted book and get on with the next task.. Flirty hopeless romantic and or great kisser. As well as either nurturing or family oriented. After that I am pretty open about traits.

I decorate the houses to look as good as I can.. I use motherlode initially, but then not so much after that.. Twallen is a god as far as I am concerned. His story progression and the way it randomized make me chuckle. As to who has taken up with whom. His other mods have made playing the game doable.As have several other modders here. I unabashedly have very mature content. And if the day comes when a modder can crack the code and give us adult sex mods. As in the ts2 game. I will be overjoyed.

As such there are things that are in my game that are not meant for young eyes.

One reason I look at the new Ep and think Ummm Nooo...

Other than that I torture my sims with life things such as an unexpected baby... Or becoming a vampire.. (note I want to werewolves to come back soooonnnn!!) and anything else that I might find amusing at the moment.

Though the little pixel 0and 1's seem to be able torture me back.. Trying to burn your house down is not going to get you any where.... No matter how many time you try it... Ok standing in the way of meteor is good for a chuckle...

That is the way I play..

nikkiforest99
6th Jan 2012, 3:24 AM
I'm way into raising kids and legacies, so I usually stick to one family, in a monogamous relationship, and usually a lot of kids. That's really the only gameplay habit I have, other than I never play fishing and gardening Sims, mainly because they're the most time-intensive. With the other skills you can kinda work them around whatever else you want to do, but it's a pain in the ass to have to garden every single day if you want your plants to stay alive. And with fishing, you have to leave your house to get anything good.

hannahmh87
6th Jan 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm way into raising kids and legacies, so I usually stick to one family, in a monogamous relationship, and usually a lot of kids. That's really the only gameplay habit I have, other than I never play fishing and gardening Sims, mainly because they're the most time-intensive. With the other skills you can kinda work them around whatever else you want to do, but it's a pain in the ass to have to garden every single day if you want your plants to stay alive. And with fishing, you have to leave your house to get anything good.

I agree. My sim can now have his garden without it turning into a full time chore by using this mod here (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=459967).

GigaRevival
6th Jan 2012, 12:06 PM
I have a mild obsession with constantly giving my female sims makeovers. I get bored with how they look quite easily and quickly, so they get - erm - some interesting clothing and hair changes before I'm satisfied. That's about the only habit that I have beyond playing legacy style.

Tessie
7th Jan 2012, 6:38 PM
My female Sims always look the same for some reason. I also have a weak spot for the 'clumsy' trait. I use it on pretty much all of my Sims XD

minimogut
7th Jan 2012, 6:48 PM
Yeah, I usually have one sim girl as a base, then I change her hair style, hair and eye color. I very rarely make one that looks different.

clockworkapple
8th Jan 2012, 8:19 AM
The majority of my sims are female.

When I had the body sliders installed I made nearly all my females pear shaped.