PDA

View Full Version : Your Lifetime Wish?

RandomTouchOfDeath
28th Jan 2012, 4:02 AM
Mine would be either Superstar Actor, Leader of the Free World, or Illustrious Author.

If you could have a Lifetime Wish (Excluding WA LTWs), what would it be?

nikkiforest99
30th Jan 2012, 1:11 AM
Rock Star, bro.

lauratje86
30th Jan 2012, 1:20 AM
Mine would be Renaissance Sim (not sure which EP that came with, though I'd assume it was a basegame one). In real life I'd want to maximise Cooking, Photography and Charisma, but in game I'd go for Cooking, Sculpting and one of the instruments because they're easier to do (for me) :-)

That or the cooking one, knowing all of the recipes. That's quite cool. There are way more recipes to learn in real life than in game though (also, in game the WA recipes don't count towards the LTW).

Srikandi
30th Jan 2012, 1:38 AM
There are way more recipes to learn in real life than in game though (also, in game the WA recipes don't count towards the LTW).

Actually, the WA recipes DO count towards the LTW... but since they didn't increase the NUMBER of required recipes, if you learn some of the WA ones, you don't have to learn all the base game ones (and specifically you don't have to get the simoleons to buy Ambrosia).

I would also be most attracted to the skill mastery LTWs... sad that IRL you never actually MASTER any skill ;) there's always another level! Ooooor maybe Master Romancer... woohoo in five different locations... depending on what counts as a location I guess I'm ALMOST there but it may be too late to finish it now :p

I suppose if there are any TS3 LTWs that I could be said to have already achieved, though, it would be the one involving getting to visa level 3 in three countries... since I have lived for multiple months in Italy, Australia and Indonesia (on various types of non-tourist visas).

lauratje86
30th Jan 2012, 1:49 AM
Actually, the WA recipes DO count towards the LTW... but since they didn't increase the NUMBER of required recipes, if you learn some of the WA ones, you don't have to learn all the base game ones (and specifically you don't have to get the simoleons to buy Ambrosia).

Really? My last self-sim learned all of the Egyptian and French recipes, and she still had to learn all of the base game ones, including ambrosia, before she completed the LTW. So I'd assumed that the WA ones were irrelevant to the LTW....

When you look at the cooking skill journal all of the recipes count towards the percentage completed, I think - my simself completed the LTW having learned 96% of the recipes (with the two Chinese ones still to learn).