PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 3 crashes when I put the mouse over certain items!

AutumnSkye
4th Mar 2012, 6:16 PM
I just don't get it. I cannot feed my sims - when I move the mouse over the fridge, the game suffers a CTD error. >.< I tried removing every mod I had, but it did no good. I just don't get what's causing this... And quite frankly, I'd like to be able to FEED my sims. >.< So could someone help me with this, please?

Nysha
4th Mar 2012, 6:56 PM
Is it all fridges? All objects? Just fridges? Just some objects but not all of the same type, etc? :)

Have you gone through the Game Help:Game Problem FAQ?

AutumnSkye
4th Mar 2012, 7:30 PM
I've done everything except uninstalling... It still exists. So I guess I should ininstall it then , and then reinstall? x.x

Edit: I also forgot to mention, it's ONLY the fridge, yes.

Nysha
4th Mar 2012, 7:53 PM
Is it a custom fridge? Store fridge? Have you deleted it and bought a new one?

AutumnSkye
4th Mar 2012, 8:03 PM
It's a base game fridge. Matter of fact, it's from one of the starter homes in Sunset Valley. I tried other fridges in other homes, but it was to the same effect...

AutumnSkye
6th Mar 2012, 2:07 PM
After uninstalling and reinstalling The Sims 3, I find that the problem rests within Ambitions itself - I tried to play it without mods, after doing a total uninstall, and the problem persists. I wish I knew why... It played perfectly on my other computer.

I also just tried installing The Sims 3 Late Night (I own that.), and the problem is STILL THERE! >.< I really, REALLY want to play The Sims 3, but if I can't feed my sims...

I also just tried it in Bridgeport. Same deal. What the heck, man? (On the plus side, it doesn't seem like the game wants to crash on me in Bridgeport anymore...)

And the problem seems to have escalated... As it turns out, moving the mouse over the stove goes to the same effect. I wonder if it would happen for moving the mouse over one of the restaurants in town?

Apparently not. Still, the current problems need to be fixed... Please help?

...Greeeeat, I just bought The Sims 3 Pets, thinking installing IT would fix the problem - unfortunately, now the pets in the game have horrifically-huge bottom lips that go to the floor.

On another note, the typical 'mouse over stove/fridge causes CTD error' has changed to actually having The Sims 3 stop responding.

ellacharmed
7th Mar 2012, 6:44 AM
You followed our guide on Uninstalling? A Full cleanup of Registry and leftover folders?
I need you to work through Game_Help:Sims 3 Crashing Checklist, and then post with specs with all the answers to the "Info to Include" section.

And what do you mean by singling out LN with "I own that"? Means the others are not owned but pirated?

AutumnSkye
8th Mar 2012, 7:49 PM
No, I don't pirate games! I just hardly use The Sims 3 Late Night since it likes to crash the game when I unpause the game in Live Mode for some reason. Not to mention if I have ANY mods installed with Late Night, Bridgeport and Twinbrook love to crash on me...

Okay, so it seems the checklist has fixed MOST of my problems! It was DEP issues - for both Late Night's crashing problems, and Ambition's fridge problems. Now the only problem is my pets seem to look derpy... Like the left eye sticks out of the socket for all of them, their bottom lips hit the floor like some sort of cartoon, and they seem to have see-through holes in them...

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5932/screenshotyil.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/screenshotyil.jpg/)

That's the problem, that...

ellacharmed
9th Mar 2012, 4:52 PM
General - Post System Specs
We need more information before we can help with your issue.
Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specs.
Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

Yep, still need specs to confirm. Without that info, we can speculate till the moon turns fuchsia and still get nowhere in helping you out.

AutumnSkye
9th Mar 2012, 6:31 PM
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/9/2012, 11:24:46
Machine name: THE-GREEN-SQUIR
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: EMACHINES
System Model: W3609
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz, ~3.3GHz
Memory: 3318MB RAM
Page File: 1357MB used, 5524MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2772&SUBSYS_6051107B&REV_02
Display Memory: 256 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 256 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1504 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/18/2008 12:38:24, 3305472 bytes

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_107B6051&REV_1036
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: stwrt.sys
Driver Version: 6.10.5274.0000 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 11/1/2006 22:39:42, 812032 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 6.4 GB
Total Space: 105.8 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD1200JS-00NCB1 ATA Device

That should do it.