PDA

View Full Version : 1.33 Mod updates?

Hyleath5560
25th Apr 2012, 1:10 AM
I noticed a lot of game mods are not being updated to 1.33 People are asking if they are going to update for 1.33 and they are saying there is no 1.33 patch. Do is there a reason they don't know about the patch?

Shimrod101
25th Apr 2012, 1:32 AM
The 1.31, the 1.32 and the 1.33 patch are the exact same thing, as far as XML and ITUN mods, graphics thingys, even some scripting mods. Anything made immediately after the 1.31 and Showtime which is XML or ITUN is fine today on the 1.33 patch, doesn't need updating.

Hyleath5560
25th Apr 2012, 1:53 AM
Really some of the comments on the mods are saying they are not working with 1.33. So there was no updating at all? My game was crashing until I took it out. If you look at the comments under Buzzer others are experiencing the same thing but I will try again.

Hyleath5560
25th Apr 2012, 2:06 AM
Okay I have a quick question. If I went from 1.29-1.33 do I need to install 1.31 and 1.32 or is 1.33 sufficient? Could be the reasons the mods aren't working?

Volvenom
25th Apr 2012, 5:14 PM
Have you tried taking out all your packages and run it without? If it works fine then you can take in again the mod you wanted to test, and see if there's any change.

Shimrod101
25th Apr 2012, 11:00 PM
Okay I have a quick question. If I went from 1.29-1.33 do I need to install 1.31 and 1.32 or is 1.33 sufficient? Could be the reasons the mods aren't working?

I don't think this is relevant. Updating the game from the 1.29 to the 1.33, skipping the 1.31 and 1.32, should give you the exact same game, fully updated.

The only issue I've heard about is if you have Showtime, and you are missing the Showtime collections file in buy mode; this is apparently caused by skipping past the 1.31.

The Buzzler mods are "scripting" mods, these are a different kettle of soup than XML or ITUN stuff, popularly called "tuning" mods. Some of the Buzzler mods may have needed updating between the 1.31 and 1.33, I don't really know as I don't use all of them. I use the Moar Interactions mod, presumably I have the current version, and this works fine for me.

Generally speaking, if a modder has stated that they are on the 1.33 and they say that their mod works fine for them in their game, you can trust this. In the vast vast vast majority of cases, when a user then states "Your mod doesn't work", this is (unpopular as this statement may be) because of user error. There can be a number of things that can cause a mod to not work for you specifically or some other user, while it is functioning fine for most people.

The most well-known is what people call mod conflicts, someone's tuning mod uses the exact same XML as one of my tuning mods, and these are installed at the same time, and one of them then appears not to work, or the game freezes on the spot; and this user then says "your mod doesn't work" or "your mod broke my game" and they think that they are correct. When they have actually caused the problem themselves (by installing both of these mods at the same time).

Zokugai
25th Apr 2012, 11:10 PM
Oh ffs, there's a 1.33 now?

NonaMena
25th Apr 2012, 11:32 PM
You can learn how to check if a tuning mod needs an update with my tutorial: Tutorial: How to Check if an XML Tuning Mod Needs to be Updated (http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/tutorial-how-to-check-if-an-xml-tuning-mod-needs-to-be-updated/)

If you learn how to do this, you can very easily figure out which mods need to be updated after a patch. Also, if you're not using it already, you can use Delphy's Dashboard tool (http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006) to check for conflicting mods.

One thing I do want to emphasize even though Shimrod did mention it already: Some mods that were compatible with 1.29 needed to be updated with 1.31. So, if a mod has not been updated since before 1.31, it might not be compatible with 1.32 or 1.33. But any mod that has been updated for 1.31 will also be compatible with 1.32 and 1.33. That goes for scripting mods as well as XML and ITUN mods.

Hyleath5560
26th Apr 2012, 7:15 PM
Shimrod can I still update my game for 1.31 even thought it is at 1.33 to get the showtime stuff I might of missed. I swear you don't play for a little while and you miss so much. I always use Delphy dashboard and take out any conflicts before starting my game.

Shimrod101
27th Apr 2012, 1:51 AM
I don't think you can use the 1.31 update when you're already on the 1.33, the game won't let you install it. The possibly missing files I mentioned are the collections thing when you are in buy mode and you can sort the buy mode stuff in those collections which you can make yourself. There should be a finished Showtime collection there which you can look for; if you don't have it you can download the missing files here: http://iplaysims.com/forum/files/file/691-missing-collections-files-for-showtime/