PDA

View Full Version : Supernaturals

WooHoo31
15th Jun 2012, 12:33 AM
With the new Supernatural EP coming out for TS3, it had me thinking... How often do you guys play with supernaturals in TS2? Do you play with them often? Do you have a whole neighborhood full of them? Or do you stay away from them as much as possible?

SusannaG
15th Jun 2012, 12:50 AM
My current neighborhood of 36 people has four witches, three werewolves, and two plantsims, as well as three future witches, two future werewolves, and a future plantsim. (Supernatural characteristics can be inherited in my game.)

So yeah, I play supernaturals a good bit. I have less experience with vampires, and have never had an alien abduction, though.

M.M.A.A.
15th Jun 2012, 1:01 AM
I only have one alien, and there are no aliens in this EP, according to the cover, and weren't vamps available in LN? Another waste of time and money for producers and consumers. Aren't aliens supposed to be for the supernatural somehow?

maxon
15th Jun 2012, 1:09 AM
If find the gameplay (or at least the way I play 'em) can get a bit repetitive for me, especially the vampires but I do have some of each type hanging round Little Carping - except no plantsims (yet). I particularly like zombies. I like them as semi-NPCs or townies. Jack Thompson has been living in that shack at the end of Woody Lane for ages. It's always winter, there is an outside shower (no room inside his tiny shack) and he (a fortune sim) has no money. He hates everyone and gets into a lot of fights (usually started by me). He shares the lot with one cowplant (Buttercup) and his seven dead brothers. Those of you who remember who Jack Thompson is will know why I put him there. He gets his own back by limping into the background of community lot photos, moaning and thinking about brains. I have a good number of wedding photos - romantic shots of the vows and kissing the bride, you know, with him gurning in the background. I don't play Jack. I just let him suffer. The other zombie lives in Sirencester and is the zombie maid of the Tricou family (it's Rainelle Neengia - for some reason she really bugs me). She is more or less a slave and gets to do all the housework and child-care. Poor girl.

iCad
15th Jun 2012, 1:20 AM
I am the Queen of Supernaturals! :lol: According to the stats in my current main 'hood, almost 90% of the playable population of 120-some has supernatural "genes," although not everyone expresses them. (I, too, play such that supernaturalness is "heritable," which requires a lot of genetic tracking and a bit of math to determine a kid's chance of inheriting/expressing supernaturalness, and then "cheating" to "turn" them when they age to teen...but to me, that's fun.) Most are hybrids. Plus, I've made getting abducted ludicrously easy in my 'hoods, and I have a mod which makes it so that instead of making everyone pregnant, there's a chance that abduction results in being creature-fied instead.

So, with all of that...Rare is the pure human Sim in my game. :lol: In fact, pretty much all of the pure humans are recently married-in townies/dormies/downtownies/NPCs. :lol: Pretty much everyone else has been folded/spindled/mutilated by aliens and/or inherited something from their parents even if they don't express those "genes." And it's funny because I used to be entirely "meh" about the supernaturals, except vampires, which I've always liked...and now I'm obsessed with all of them. Plantsims are my favorites, though vampires would be a very close second. I just wish the zombies weren't so SLOW. It makes building houses for them a challenge. But maybe that's a good thing...

Orilon
15th Jun 2012, 1:22 AM
Yes, Vampires were available with Late Night, and apparently there were Genies with Showtime.

I love the Alien abductions in Sims 2, so I'm disappointed that according to the trailer for Supernatural there won't be aliens. It looks like Witches, Fairies, Werewolves, etc.

I don't do much with the other supernaturals, I just really like the aliens and half aliens.

Dagi_is_a_punk
15th Jun 2012, 1:34 AM
Yep, I have many supernaturals in my game; warlocks/witches and vampires are my favorites, but I've been playing zombies quite a bit too since I installed a skin default that I like. I'm currently avoiding werewolves, aliens and plantsims, but only because I can't bear to look at the fugly Maxis skins they assume when they get turned; however, I'm planning to change that once I find a suitable replacement.

The only supernatural I've never liked was the Servo from OFB. No matter what I try, I always end up getting bored or fed up with it, and then kill it off or let it break on purpose.

kittcat92
15th Jun 2012, 2:01 AM
My current neighborhood is void of the supernatural (for now) I have to admit I have never played a zombie, plantsim, or werewolf. (I have up to seasons) I have always enjoyed vampires, aliens and the occasional servo though. Although I have to say that vampires tend to have way too many kids in my game thanks to ACR. I only recently read a thing on determining if supernatural is heritable which is the one thing I've always wanted so as soon as my first batch of boarding school teens have graduated and started to marry I'm going to start adding a few supernaturals here and there.

MuletotheFoxxes
15th Jun 2012, 2:14 AM
Mostly I just play with Aliens. I love the abduction scene. =3 I do have a few plantsims and witches/warlocks running around, they're quite handy at times. I refuse to do werewolves (I don't like permanent personality changes), vampires, or servos (can't stand immortals).

iCad
15th Jun 2012, 2:21 AM
Although I have to say that vampires tend to have way too many kids in my game thanks to ACR.

Yeah, it's because fertility rates decrease with Sim age, and since vampires don't age, they stay at whatever fertility level they were at when they were turned. With ACR 2.0. you can adjust them so that you don't have fleets of vampire spawn, and that's what I do now. But I believe ACR 2.0 requires a later EP than you have... I think.

I only recently read a thing on determining if supernatural is heritable which is the one thing I've always wanted so as soon as my first batch of boarding school teens have graduated and started to marry I'm going to start adding a few supernaturals here and there.

Doing supernaturalness heritably makes it fun, I think. It's what made me like supernaturals, actually. I love it when a long not-expressed gene in the family crops up again, just like when a long-hidden physical characteristic, like great-grandma's funky nose, shows up again. Of course, the game won't do it for you. (Except with aliens...but then I don't really consider aliens "supernatural," since, aside from physical characteristics they are the same as a human Sim. No different motives, no immortality, no anything special, really.) So, you have to decide how you want to do it, and how you decide to do it determines how complex it will be. Me, I have to make my life difficult, apparently. Hence, the math. Oh, the math. ;)

Gcgb53191
15th Jun 2012, 2:35 AM
I must be the only one that doesn't really like the supernatural :P I do however like the aliens but that's as far as it goes xD

Mootilda
15th Jun 2012, 2:48 AM
I must be the only one that doesn't really like the supernatural :PNot at all. I guess that people who don't like supernaturals just aren't posting on this thread today.

sweetbaby160
15th Jun 2012, 2:55 AM
only just recently started 'trying' out a few of the different supernaturals. Used to LOVE the vamps, but did get a little bored with the one playable I had, but then I had set "aging off" for his whole household, which no doubt contributed to the unexcitment. I only recently succeeded in having a plantsim, which I rather enjoyed, just took a while to figure out a proper routine to keep him happy (apox-type hood, no electricity=no sun lamps). I have yet to have a werewolf, even with one knowledge sim bent on befriending every black dog that crosses his path. I have already installed the No-personality-change mod for when he manages to get nibbled, I don't like the idea of everything about him changing. I gotta say, I really wasn't impressed with the witches. Had one warlock, but it seemed to me he was spending more time making regents & cackling then taking care of his family. But maybe I should've worked harder to give him a better storyline.

Kristin76
15th Jun 2012, 3:03 AM
Alexander Goth keeps rolling the want of werewolf but I dont know how to make one
:(

sweetbaby160
15th Jun 2012, 3:08 AM
Alexander Goth keeps rolling the want of werewolf but I dont know how to make one

do you have 'pets'?

some point during the night, a black wolf with glowing yellow eyes will appear on your lot. If Alexander makes really really good friends (ie playing fetch or belly rubs etc) and the short & long term relationship numbers get high enough, the wolf will want to 'nibble' him, thus passing on the werewolf "virus" (whatever it is).

If the wolf shows up, after Alex greets him/her, you could also use the SimBlender to raise the relationship (if you want it to go quicker) long time ago I did that with an elder vamp, raised the relationship numbers to 100, the queue did show a "nibble on so&so" but I cancelled it (didn't know at time you can have a hybrid)
:llama:

Kristin76
15th Jun 2012, 3:18 AM
I do have pets (assuming you mean the EP) ... I have seen the dog with yellow eyes but Alexander is usually sleeping. I will wake him up next time and get him to become friends!
Thank you for the explanation!
I dont use SimBlender so I will try the old fashioned way
:)

Aegagropilon
15th Jun 2012, 3:41 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/aegagropilon/LifeGoesOn.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/aegagropilon/EntirelyNormalInStrangetown.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/aegagropilon/IdlesAreFun.jpg

And that's only some of the supernatural in my Strangetown :)

Yazoo
15th Jun 2012, 3:42 AM
@Aegagropilon: Your last picture, I have no clue why but it reminded me of "Hocus Pocus" when Bette Midler was singing: "I Put A Spell On You." I have not a clue why, but that she is what she looks like. All happy and stuffs. And bam, Loki is cowering. Eyup. Bette Midler alien style.

Vampires. I am obsessed with Vampires. I remember one time, I had a neighborhood of Vampire Lesbians. I even changed an Alien Family into Vampires. Yup. My neighborhood were just blood suckers.

kittcat92
15th Jun 2012, 3:48 AM
Yeah, it's because fertility rates decrease with Sim age, and since vampires don't age, they stay at whatever fertility level they were at when they were turned. With ACR 2.0. you can adjust them so that you don't have fleets of vampire spawn, and that's what I do now. But I believe ACR 2.0 requires a later EP than you have... I think.

I thought I had 2.0 but I might be wrong, I usually just have a high mortality rate for children of vampires after about 2 kids since its about that point that the constant woohoo and pregnancy annoys me "oh we just had an argument lets woohoo, you just gave birth to our first born time to woohoo, and the ever popular your social is low WOOHOO!"

Doing supernaturalness heritably makes it fun, I think. It's what made me like supernaturals, actually. I love it when a long not-expressed gene in the family crops up again, just like when a long-hidden physical characteristic, like great-grandma's funky nose, shows up again. Of course, the game won't do it for you. (Except with aliens...but then I don't really consider aliens "supernatural," since, aside from physical characteristics they are the same as a human Sim. No different motives, no immortality, no anything special, really.) So, you have to decide how you want to do it, and how you decide to do it determines how complex it will be. Me, I have to make my life difficult, apparently. Hence, the math. Oh, the math. ;)
Before reading about it (on a BACC rules thing I believe) I had honestly never thought about how to make the traits heritable. I'm assuming that you simply determine the odds a sim will inherited based their family tree, but out of curiosity what kind of formula do you use?

Aegagropilon
15th Jun 2012, 3:54 AM
@Aegagropilon: Your last picture, I have no clue why but it reminded me of "Hocus Pocus" when Bette Midler was singing: "I Put A Spell On You." I have not a clue why, but that she is what she looks like. All happy and stuffs. And bam, Loki is cowering. Eyup. Bette Midler alien style.

Oh my god, now I see it too!

...You know, I do have a lipstick that looks just like the stuff Bette wears in that movie. I'll have to see how she looks in it :giggler:

(Evil warlock Loki and Good witch Atlantis became friends all on their own that day. He didn't buy anything at her bakery, but he didn't pick any fights and he even gave her a hug.)

Yazoo
15th Jun 2012, 3:56 AM
Oh my god, now I see it too!

...You know, I do have a lipstick that looks just like the stuff Bette wears in that movie. I'll have to see how she looks in it :giggler:

(Evil warlock Loki and Good witch Atlantis became friends all on their own that day. He didn't buy anything at her bakery, but he didn't pick any fights and he even gave her a hug.)

LMAO xD It just seriously popped up in my head. And do you know how awesome that would be? Have her lipstick? I don't know why, but I see that in my head now, pretty badass :D

Fivey
15th Jun 2012, 5:01 AM
I have a few in Middleground.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/7/1/8/6/1/6/4/MTS_Fivey-1300961-snapshot_9cd6b22b_dcdbcaf8.jpg

"BRAAAAAAIIINNSSS!" says Craig, the zombie. He was cursed, when his cousin resurrected him using what little cash he had in his wallet. Obviously, it wasn't enough.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/7/1/8/6/1/6/4/MTS_Fivey-1300962-snapshot_5cd97446_3cd974b7.jpg

I also have vampires Trevor and Aurora. She just turned her newlywed husband into a vampire. They have twin girls, who I am debating on bringing them into vamphood. Funny enough, Aurora is Craig's sister.

Peni Griffin
15th Jun 2012, 5:11 AM
I have nothing against supernaturals, but I am an extremely slow, cautious player and have not had a story reason to do most of them yet.

I have three alien hybrids, two natural and one I cheated to get because I'd written myself into a corner only alien pregnancy could get me out of. (I've told this story multiple times, and will doubtless tell it again, so I'll skip it now.) Both the natural hybrids came at excellent points in their families' story arcs, livening up a dull family and making a shotgun marriage much, much more interesting. My most active Romancer got abducted on the evening of the day he found out he knocked up his best girlfriend (I've told this story before, too) - and then he gave birth to a girl, which threw him a while new loop in the character arc. Although playing the aliens themselves is not much different from playing ordinary sims, the circumstances of their birth create story material all by themselves. Also, since I don't have a multi-PT mod, all my aliens are half-siblings, and I'm evolving a separate family subculture based on that. I also plan to make a few different-looking alien teens in the near future, to see how that affects the alien extended family members.

I have a pair of Knowledge sims with locked wants to be witches and an acquaintance with the Good Witch. It would be out of character for them to study the ways of darkness, and the good witch doesn't show up nearly as often as the bad one does. The bad one is in love with one of my worst romancers, Billy Ghote, but so far he's managed not to be caught cheating. I have had more than one sim make an enemy out of my male master vampire, Count Ralph, and his name is one of the best things in the neighborhood; but immortality strikes me as dull and I'm totally not into the whole vampire mystique. My Contessa doesn't do much.

And that is it. I have lots of gardeners, but I always use ladybug houses, and honestly, plantsims? They live too fast and look too much alike, when I see them in other people's games. When I was learning the ropes and played the Greenmans, I was very disappointed that Daisy went straight from toddler to adult. What fun is that? Of course I could cure any buds, but - wouldn't they then look just like the parent before s/he turned plantsim? If any of them happen in my game, I'll mine them for story, but I'm not in any hurry. About this, or anything.

Aegagropilon
15th Jun 2012, 5:16 AM
LMAO xD It just seriously popped up in my head. And do you know how awesome that would be? Have her lipstick? I don't know why, but I see that in my head now, pretty badass :D

...Unfortunately, "badass" and "Atlantis" don't exactly coexist (http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/aegagropilon/IDoubtSheEvenKnowsWhatBadassIs.jpg). It probably looked much cooler in your head :lol:

MuletotheFoxxes
15th Jun 2012, 5:19 AM
I have lots of gardeners, but I always use ladybug houses, and honestly, plantsims? They live too fast and look too much alike, when I see them in other people's games. When I was learning the ropes and played the Greenmans, I was very disappointed that Daisy went straight from toddler to adult. What fun is that? Of course I could cure any buds, but - wouldn't they then look just like the parent before s/he turned plantsim? If any of them happen in my game, I'll mine them for story, but I'm not in any hurry. About this, or anything.

No they wouldn't, they get the other half of their dna from the ideal plantsim. After a few spawning generations they might start to look identical though. I tend not to spawn often, I find toddler to adult to be a bit well boring. Especially since there is pretty much nothing to teach them.

I personally wish there was a mod out there that let plantsims be teens and young adults.

Yazoo
15th Jun 2012, 5:33 AM
...Unfortunately, "badass" and "Atlantis" don't exactly coexist (http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj202/aegagropilon/IDoubtSheEvenKnowsWhatBadassIs.jpg). It probably looked much cooler in your head :lol:

LMAO xD Yeah, just a little. Ahem, yeah, maybe not so much a Bette Midler Alien. Yeahhhh. But she is still a pretty sick looking (In my terms pretty sick looking means freaking awesome looking) Alien Witch. Its been awhile since I even had an Alien. And even if I did, he/she would become a Vampire. :D

Richcelt
15th Jun 2012, 5:36 AM
I like playing witches/warlocks, so I have a bunch of them in all of my neighborhoods. I make the children of mages inherit the trait too. I tried playing with only some of the family members being mages and some not, but it became a pain, so I make all children inherit magic and will even turn my "muggle" sims into mages when they marry their magic spouse (if not sooner).

My next favorite are the Aliens. I have quite a few of those, but usually they've come from in-game aliens or ones I cheated to create in CAS. I haven't managed to have many abductions, but for some reason the few I've had has yet to produce a child with the alien skin tone.

I cheated to create a Uni student with the Zombie skin tone, and she ended up having a daughter who inherited the skin when she became a teenager. But, I'm not too crazy about the Maxis Zombie skin tone, and unless I find a replacement I like, I may just kill them off. I have yet to resurrect anyone to create any REAL zombies.

I cheated once again to create a vampire, but I didn't really care for the work that went into caring for one (and I'm not all that keen on vampires to begin with), so I let her stand out in the sun for a while - you know, to work on her tan. ;)

That's all the EPs I have. I would be interested in making a plant sim... but I need the other EPs and a bigger/better computer to run them on.

StrangeTownChick
15th Jun 2012, 5:36 AM
In Stonebridge I only have one playable supernatural, and she hasn't even been born yet (I'm hoping it is a she). She's the alien daughter of San Su Hong and will be the first biological grandchild in the town. I am starting a half-vampire legacy in Strangetown (a vampiress is married to a human man) with all this coin-flipping to decide if each child will be a vampire or not.

Fivey
15th Jun 2012, 6:28 AM
More shots of Zombie!Craig, because he's cool. Sure, he isn't the stunner he was before his passing, but he's fun to play.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/7/1/8/6/1/6/4/MTS_Fivey-1300988-snapshot_1cdd6546_5ce672fa.jpg

A thing I do find annoying with zombies, is their fast dropping hygiene. Their shamble can get old at times, but it is also amusing for me at times.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/7/1/8/6/1/6/4/MTS_Fivey-1300989-snapshot_1cdd6546_bce6700c.jpg

I downloaded a glazy eye overlay (http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=13871.0) for my zombie, and I must say, it does look creepy on him. Especially since his eyes are blue.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/7/1/8/6/1/6/4/MTS_Fivey-1300990-snapshot_5cd97446_9ce485e0.jpg

I'm thinking about bringing Levera and Drusilla to the vamp side, but that would mean they would be immortal. However, I have a locked want from Trevor to bite another sim. Hm.

Darby
15th Jun 2012, 7:18 AM
some point during the night, a black wolf with glowing yellow eyes will appear on your lot.

The Leader of the Pack is not black. He's dark brown. A nitpicky point, perhaps, but worth mentioning, I believe, because there are black wolves, but they're everyday run-of-the-mill wolves like the grey ones and the white ones.

The LotP is also built a little differently in that he's a bit stockier, shaggier, and has a slightly shorter, broader muzzle. As far as I can tell, all the black, white, and grey wolves are built identically to each other.

Of course, if it's nighttime, the LotP will stand out clearly due to the glowing yellow eyes. But while he's more of a nighttime visitor in general (unlike the normal wolves who appear at any time just like regular strays do), he can be on-lot during the day, and his eyes won't be glowing then.

So, hopefully, this will save players time chasing after normal black wolves during the day that they think could be a LotP, but are not. :)

ETA: As to the subject of the thread, I do like many of the supernatural sims, but can't say I use them a whole lot. Each "creature", with the exception of aliens, has an unfortunate drawback that annoys me. Fortunately, mods take care of a lot of the annoyances.

My favorite creature is aliens, but as others have said, other than appearance, there's not really anything special about them. Vampires are fun, and I expect to play them more now that I have Cyjon's Vampire Aging hack. I'm not a fan of zombies, but I have the aging hack for them as well now, so will give them a shot. I wish there was an aging hack for Servos.

Witches are disappointing because the spells are generally pretty lame. But I like having a couple of playable witches in the 'hood anyway.

I like plantsims quite a bit, but I hate that they don't have the same lifestages other sims do. Plantsims and bigfoots make interesting outdoor households. I've got a lot now with three plantsims and two bigfoots. The plantsims garden, and the bigfoots fish, and the plan is to have them open a market for fish and produce.

simkat
15th Jun 2012, 7:27 AM
I love breeding the aliens,but not so much the other supernaturals.Half my hood is alien..Hmm maybe Oakwood Valley should be Strangetown prt2 lol.I tried zombies once but that annoying shuffle is well annoying.Fairies in the Sims3?Now why didn't we get fairies for the Sims2?Such a shame as I find Sims2 much more enjoyable and the replay value is enough too satisfy.Opps I do have 1 warlock in Oakwood Valley but he's a mean one so I hardly play him.

maxon
15th Jun 2012, 10:39 AM
@Aegagropilon: if anyone's a supernatural, Loki is. Or maybe it's just the eyebrows.

DigitalSympathies
15th Jun 2012, 11:00 AM
They're outlawed in my 'hood until 2106, sadly. I did a dice roll on the date when I first started playing my Maxis-Match game.

I've modded my rules slightly to change with my mods folder/patience quotient for the day.

Every time a supernatural sim goes out in public, there's always that change of being spotted under their disguise.

If it rains and they're outside in public, with humans/normal people around, and somebody tries to approach them, bam, they're caught.

If it's sunny, it all depends. Fifty-fifty dice roll:

If they display all of the characteristics and a sim tries to approach them AFTER that, bam, they're caught.

If they don't display any of their supernatural characteristics while in disguise (skin transforming potion), then they get off scot free.

There's always that chance that if a walkby on their lot is involved with law enforcement, they will most likely jail your sim for "being a non-sim creature."

"Jail them," = politically correct term in my 'hood for "keep for study, and after they've been locked all alone in a room to do whatever with their powers for a couple of weeks, promptly electrocute and bury behind the science facility in titanium coffins."

M.M.A.A.
15th Jun 2012, 1:49 PM
I just saw the trailer and noticed something:

THE WEREWOLVES ARE HIDEOUS! AND SO ARE THE VAMPS!

sweetbaby160
15th Jun 2012, 1:51 PM
The Leader of the Pack is not black. He's dark brown. A nitpicky point, perhaps, but worth mentioning, I believe, because there are black wolves, but they're everyday run-of-the-mill wolves like the grey ones and the white ones.

The LotP is also built a little differently in that he's a bit stockier, shaggier, and has a slightly shorter, broader muzzle. As far as I can tell, all the black, white, and grey wolves are built identically to each other.

Of course, if it's nighttime, the LotP will stand out clearly due to the glowing yellow eyes. But while he's more of a nighttime visitor in general (unlike the normal wolves who appear at any time just like regular strays do), he can be on-lot during the day, and his eyes won't be glowing then.

So, hopefully, this will save players time chasing after normal black wolves during the day that they think could be a LotP, but are not. :)

Thank you Darby for the detailed clarification :) I am only running on a 'cheapie' laptop, so the Lotp always looked black to me, even on the rare occasions he/she was around in sunlight.

Artimis
15th Jun 2012, 1:52 PM
The faires and witches look ok as it seems like the faires glide as they move. The zombies look more like than ones from sins 2 from the trailer.

Artimis
15th Jun 2012, 1:57 PM
THE WEREWOLVES ARE HIDEOUS! AND SO ARE THE VAMPS!

What bid they improve with the vampires? There looks, actions, gestures? I can see what you mean adout the werewolves but it could be over looked if they are fun to play as.

I hope that they have made the vampires bite people on the neck to turn then instead of the wrist as it just looked silly in late night.

M.M.A.A.
15th Jun 2012, 1:59 PM
The faires and witches look ok as it seems like the faires glide as they move. The zombies look more like than ones from sins 2 from the trailer.

There is way to get them to glide in the sims 2 like ghosts: here is something: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=144608

Also: http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=1140033&postcount=24 , this comment is from the download in in the previous link.

I think you can give them the glide by Simblender or another mod.

Also, while in CAS, use the pointed ears that look the same as those in the trailer.

Artimis
15th Jun 2012, 2:07 PM

M.M.A.A.
15th Jun 2012, 2:10 PM

Your welcome, and now you won't get any urges or twitching about having to get the new EP! :D

Artimis
15th Jun 2012, 2:13 PM
Yes as it looks more appealing to me than the others and I am giving sims 3 another chance to prove to me that it is a good game.

M.M.A.A.
15th Jun 2012, 3:07 PM
Oh, yeah, this is how you get the ghost glide:

1- Download Insim.
2-Spawn the Mortalitiy adjustor
3- Click on the the adjustor>Locomotion>ghost walk.

Artimis
15th Jun 2012, 9:46 PM
Thanks for the help M.M.A.A. :)

iCad
15th Jun 2012, 9:56 PM
I thought I had 2.0 but I might be wrong, I usually just have a high mortality rate for children of vampires after about 2 kids since its about that point that the constant woohoo and pregnancy annoys me "oh we just had an argument lets woohoo, you just gave birth to our first born time to woohoo, and the ever popular your social is low WOOHOO!"

According to its documentation, 2.0 requires the Apartment Life game engine to run, so you'd need either Apartment Life or M&G to run it. (Or, perhaps, the "Store Edition;" I don't remember what engine that is...) In fact, that's one of the major reasons why I wanted to get M&G, so that I could run it! (I knew there was a reason why I was so hot to get M&G, besides the solar panels; I just couldn't remember what it was until I started thinking about this! :lol: )

In any case, 2.0 adds TONS of options to better control how your Sims behave, particularly how often they want to woohoo and how often "Try For Baby" is successful, which are very useful for vamps, so that they don't produce 100 kids. (Unless you WANT them to produce 100 kids, that is.) With the original version...Honestly, I can't remember if you can adjust autonomy manually, but if you can...With the vamps, if I don't want them to have a lot of kids (Sometimes I want them to have a lot!), I set autonomy to its lowest setting and make it static, so that they have a low libido that doesn't change unless I change it myself. This helps. 2.0 adds other settings, plus birth control, that make "population control" easier, too. (Of course, other mods add BC, too -- like Inteen -- so if you have one of those, that's always an option, too, once your vamp family reaches the # of kids you want them to have. Then they can woohoo as much as they want without producing spawn.)

Anyway, with both versions of ACR, you DO need to adjust settings globally as well as for each Sim if you want everything to be different than the default. (The default, IMO, makes Sims a bit too horny across the board, but that's totally a matter of personal preference, of course.) It sounds to me like you've got your settings at default. If that's the case...poke around a bit in the settings, and you can probably get your vamps (and everyone else, too!) to the level that you want.

Before reading about it (on a BACC rules thing I believe) I had honestly never thought about how to make the traits heritable. I'm assuming that you simply determine the odds a sim will inherited based their family tree, but out of curiosity what kind of formula do you use?

Do you REALLY want to know? :lol: Well, actually, it's not terribly complex. In fact, I've made it less complex than it used to be. At one point, I had invented a system of standard Mendelian independent dominance/recessiveness and used Punnett squares to calculate inheritance odds, but that got a little TOO time-consuming when I had to calculate for a bunch of different traits when I had multi-hybrid parents. So, basically, what I do now is a series of declining percentage chances that a kid will express any genes that he/she inherits. It's probably best illustrated with an example, So:

Say I have a couple who just got pregnant. One parent is 1/4 Vampire and 1/2 Werewolf. The other is a full zombie, plus the aliens turned 'em into a PlantSim so they're full PlantSim as well. (Yeah, I cheat so that zombies can get pregnant or impregnate others. An immortal life with no descendants is just, in my book, boring to play.)

So, the kid in question will genetically look like this: 1/8 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, 1/2 zombie, and 1/2 plant.

(Of course, that adds up to more than 1. But when I say "1/8 vampire" I don't mean that an eighth of his/her genes are vampire but rather that he/she has a 1-in-8 chance of expressing the vampirism that he/she has inherited as a trait, whether or not his/her parent expresses the trait. What the parent shows has no bearing, in my "rules," on whether or not the kid(s) will express a trait. In my above example the zombie/plant parent expresses both traits because both are "full" traits. The other parent very well might not express either trait they carry...but their kids might. Or their grandkids might.)

So, given the above inheritance, when the kid is conceived, I roll a die for each trait to determine whether or not the kid will express any of them. (I use treeag's "Sim Transformer" to "turn" them when they transition to teen, assuming that they live to teenhood.) So, the above kid has a 12% chance of being a vampire (Well, actually, 1 divided by 8 is 0.125, so it's actually a 12.5% chance, but you can't roll half a number.), a 25% chance of being a werewolf, and a 50% chance of being a zombie and/or a plant.

I use a random number generator to do my rolling, so I "roll" a number between 1 and 100 for each trait. So, for the vampire trait, if I roll a number between 1 and 12, then the kid will express vampirism. If the "werewolf" roll is 25 or less, then they'll express lycanthropy. And if the "zombie" and "plant" rolls are 50 or less, then they'll express zombiism or plantism or both.

So, the kid could possibly be a vampire/werewolf/zombie/plant hybrid. (This is how I tend to get the funky hybrids that populate my neighborhood. :lol: ) Or, it's also possible (but not entirely likely, given those two 50% chances) that the kid will express NONE of the supernatural genes that he/she has inherited.

The math gets a little more complicated if both parents have a gene for a given trait. Like, say, if one parent is 1/8 vampire and the other 1/2. Adding the 12% chance of expression from the one parent and the 50% chance from the other gives the kid a 62% chance of expressing vampirism. But that's about as complicated as the math gets. If you're good with working with percents, it's not too hard. It's just that, after a few generations the genes in my 'hoods get really muddled, so sometimes there are a high number of rolls that need to be done for a kid AND I have to be very meticulous about my "gene tracking." (I use Excel spreadsheets to track my neighborhoods; one worksheet of it is dedicated to keeping track of my playables' supernatural genes, so that I can see at glance what rolls I need to do when kids are conceived.)

The exception to all of this, of course, is alienism, which the game controls since it's only physical traits (Like the skintone and/or the eyes) that are inherited, just like with normal Sims. I do use a multi-PT mod to give my aliens more variety, however, with different skin tones, different eyes, and more attactive facial features than the standard PT.

JDacapo
16th Jun 2012, 12:45 AM
I love aliens and witches, and werewolves are okay - aside from the progressive grouchiness. Might make some plantsims, and possibly a couple zombies, but only if zombie plantsims can still spawn plantbabies. I have this rule where any sim that is made playable will sooner or later become a witch, so I'm taking great care of any playable non-knowledge sims and either witching them before they have the fear, or waiting until they're platinum, and then finding some way to scramble their wants. I'm quite excited to hear about the new expansion pack for Sims 3, and if I am ever able to get that game and a computer that can run it well, I would so buy that expansion. It'd be so cool to have witches being accepted by anyone who doesn't have the 'supernatural skeptic' trait. Also, the concept of fairies sounds so awesome I wish I could try it out now!

M.M.A.A.
16th Jun 2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the help M.M.A.A. :)

Your Welcome! :)

Orilon
16th Jun 2012, 12:52 AM
I'm kind of interested in the fairies, but I'm disappointed that they didn't bring back the aliens. (There are no aliens or alien abductions in Sims 3).

JDacapo
16th Jun 2012, 12:59 AM
I'm kind of interested in the fairies, but I'm disappointed that they didn't bring back the aliens. (There are no aliens or alien abductions in Sims 3).

True, though I think if we ask them enough and maybe start some rumours, they might throw it in, like they did with the cowplant. If not, there might be someone who can make an abduction-mod. I'd love to play that game and be able to recreate the Curious family. Wonder if a Sims 3 Pascal would look as cute as he does in Sims 2.

M.M.A.A.
16th Jun 2012, 1:01 AM
Wonder if a Sims 3 Pascal would look as cute as he does in Sims 2.

Trust me, he won't!

MuletotheFoxxes
16th Jun 2012, 1:07 AM
When I played on my cousins sims3, there was the option to make my sim blue or green. I think they gave you guys that instead of aliens.

kittcat92
16th Jun 2012, 1:09 AM
Do you REALLY want to know? :lol: Well, actually, it's not terribly complex. In fact, I've made it less complex than it used to be.
doesn't sound too hard lol of course I say that now I'll probably say What was I thinking later :lol: thanks bunches now if my boarding school teens would hurry up and age so I can start marrying them off to supernatural sims :heyhey:

Orilon
16th Jun 2012, 1:31 AM
There are Alien-esque skintones in CAS that I've used to make alien type Sims in Sims 3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Orilon/Phoenix-1.jpg

but its not the same as actual half aliens in Sims 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Orilon/CarinaYA.jpg

iCad
16th Jun 2012, 1:33 AM
doesn't sound too hard lol of course I say that now I'll probably say What was I thinking later :lol: thanks bunches now if my boarding school teens would hurry up and age so I can start marrying them off to supernatural sims :heyhey:

Have fun. :) I will say that it doesn't get too complicated until you get to about the fourth or fifth generation, assuming that your families with supernatural genes intermarry. My current 'hood just started Generation 6, so things are getting fun. :) The gene combinations can get...interesting. :lol: But that's what makes it fun.

Might make some plantsims, and possibly a couple zombies, but only if zombie plantsims can still spawn plantbabies.

They can, although they will of course be only PlantSim babies, not Zombie Plant babies. :) They also have the Plantsim motives (Any hybrid involving Plantsimism has the PlantSim motives, no matter what it's combined with.)

JDacapo
16th Jun 2012, 2:34 AM
They can, although they will of course be only PlantSim babies, not Zombie Plant babies. :) They also have the Plantsim motives (Any hybrid involving Plantsimism has the PlantSim motives, no matter what it's combined with.)

Thanks. I was thinking of making a couple college students with the knowledge aspiration, and naming them Sadako and Tomie, after those two characters from horror manga. The stories of Ringu and Tomie both involve characters that are hard, if not impossible, to kill. Sadako would make a great zombie, especially what with the way she attacks the video victims. With the plantbabies, these two would live on forever, and still propagate themselves the way their manga counterparts did.

JDacapo
16th Jun 2012, 2:35 AM
Trust me, he won't!

Not too into the Sims 3 style sims? I think they look kinda nice, but everyone's different. Just wish Sims 3 came with more hairstyles and options.

M.M.A.A.
16th Jun 2012, 2:50 AM
Not too into the Sims 3 style sims? I think they look kinda nice, but everyone's different. Just wish Sims 3 came with more hairstyles and options.

Not sure exactly, since its so intimidating, but I'm trying to keep people away from sims 3 and near to the jewel of the franchise! Or, I'm just trying to be funny. :P

JDacapo
16th Jun 2012, 2:54 AM
Not sure exactly, since its so intimidating, but I'm trying to keep people away from sims 3 and near to the jewel of the franchise! Or, I'm just trying to be funny. :P

Ah ok... and oops! Just noticed the double-post! Sorry about that... I'm usually so good about NOT double-posting LOL!

lil_princess_of_evil
16th Jun 2012, 6:26 AM
I dont mind witches. Mine are based off of a simplified version of genetics for me. 5/6 chance if both parents are witches. 1/2 if 1 parent is a witch. 1/4 chance if a grandparent was a witch but parents aren't. Type of witch is also based on a roll of a dice. I have the mod that lets you cast spells without regeants though. I feel like its cheating, but otherwise I wouldnt even play them.

Werewolves I dont mind either, but once again, I have a mod to make them tolerable. They only transform one day per week. It cuts down the lag that occurs which is nice. Theyre also based on a simplified genetics version.

Aliens I'm okay with. Obviously they already kind of determine their own genetics.

I have the greenman family, so I have plant sims, but I havent found a good way to include plant sims very well. Theyre kind of dull since it goes from tot to adult... I thought about trying to download different skins to make them more appealing, but the lack of a middle age makes them boring still.

Vampires I dont really play with because they don't age. If I could find good rules for limiting them I would play them more.

And Zombies I've only had like one of, ever, because I dont bother to revive people.

perihelion
16th Jun 2012, 3:07 PM
I did plantsims for the multiplayer hood, but it's hard to adapt to their needs if they don't live on a farm. Genies are great, obviously. Servos are handy to have around, but they have to be killed off manually.

I'm currently playing a good witch sim, but she runs a business and the evil witches keep showing up and causing trouble. Thankfully I have the batbox handy to smite them.

I have had alien spawn too but I hate how ugly they are. Maybe I could edit the Pollination Tech in SimPE to be better-looking.

I should branch out and try other supernaturals.

el_flel
16th Jun 2012, 3:42 PM
I love supernatural sims. I'd say about 50% of the sims in my NH are supernatural in some way. I've got a mix of everything; aliens, witches, plantsims, vampires, werewolfs, a servo, and a zombie. Love 'em.

Peni Griffin
16th Jun 2012, 4:06 PM
Perihelion, you can download alternate default PT's right here on MTS.
Though I don't know what you mean about ugly - both my male alien spawn are serious lookers, though I grant you the female - the only one who hasn't inherited her sim progenitor's nose - take some getting used to.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/PeniG/Simshots/KIds/snapshot_da5331d2_7c5c123e.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/PeniG/Simshots/Teens/snapshot_19f2e582_dcd698ab.jpg
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee238/PeniG/Simshots/Toddlers/snapshot_b9e94576_dc975e92.jpg

Orilon
16th Jun 2012, 5:25 PM
I have had alien spawn too but I hate how ugly they are. Maybe I could edit the Pollination Tech in SimPE to be better-looking.

There are mods out there with better looking Pollination Techs so that the half alien children look better.

I'm currently using this one: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2965.html

but there are others with just a default replacement Pollination Tech.

perihelion
18th Jun 2012, 5:11 AM
Perihelion, you can download alternate default PT's right here on MTS.
Though I don't know what you mean about ugly - both my male alien spawn are serious lookers, though I grant you the female - the only one who hasn't inherited her sim progenitor's nose - take some getting used to.

When I say ugly I mean tiny noses and droopy mouths and that general "alien freakazoid" look. The skin and eyes are ok - I've made some beautiful alien Sims in CAS using boolprop and the default alien skin/eyes - but breeding in-game from Pollination Techs makes for alien hybrids only a Brood Queen could love.

I will go and look for alternative PTs, thanks for the tip.

mozgun
18th Jun 2012, 3:34 PM
I have a family with two plantsims. What I like is:

-They can make plantbabies even at elder
-You can practically enslave them to do whatever. Let me explain: All they need is water, love, and sunshine. I fill up the water and love needs and send them to do something (study skills, etc.). Then I put the sunlamp over their heads. My grandma became a master of creativity in less than 2 sim days because she doesn't have a job and because I demanded her to decorate the house. The grandma's plantsim daughter is becoming incredibly good at cooking by studying it. She has a job, though, so she needs to learn other skills. I want her to be a fantastic cook not because she needs food but because the headmaster is coming and I want a great meal. Since they don't need fun, hygiene, food, and more, they can work for very long periods of time happily.

Orilon
20th Jun 2012, 2:37 AM
Wonder if a Sims 3 Pascal would look as cute as he does in Sims 2.

I tried to replicate him in Sims 3 today, and it is hard. None of the hair styles are close, none of the glasses are closes and none of the face templates are close.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Orilon/Sims3Pascal.jpg

(I wanted to make a Sims 3 replica of Pascal and make him a Ghost Hunter).

If they ever do re-introduce aliens in Sims 3, it will be interesting to see what family is "obsessed" with them.

Nymphy01
20th Jun 2012, 11:14 AM
I like supernaturals, but only occasionally. :3
Having 'hoods filled with them just doesn't make them quite as special as they should be. So for me, maybe I'll have a good witch/bad witch hidden deep in the town. As well as maybe a hungry vampire, or werewolf. It really just depends on what type of gameplay I feel like. c:

Roseblossom90
20th Jun 2012, 11:49 AM
Plantsims are great, especially if you have OFB and own a business. Plus, if your Plantsim or somebody else on the lot has a gold flower arranging badge you can use the sunlamp (as mentioned earlier) and snapdragon bouquets and the Plantsims' needs will not go down at all. Send them to craft something or fish or whatever and they can literally do that and nothing else for the rest of their lives if you wished it.

Granted, if you do use this combination of the sunlamp and snapdragon bouquet it can make Plantsims get boring really really fast...

DJ.
20th Jun 2012, 2:13 PM
Well, one guy is a vampire in my family tree. He's gonna die right after his wife dies of old age (considering he's still an adult). I'm gonna create a little Twilight resemblence here. :)

:|

Oh crap, better of kill them before they lay eggs.

Then I have a Servo, which is the most nicest supernatural creature in TS2. I love playing Servos. :) GO SERVOS!!

There's this guy who's a werewolf and had alien twins. Weird, but nice guy. Also married his boss and they had a baby. Even though the baby's a... baby, and aliens are young adults.

Nope, no one's a Plantsim yet, but I sure will make someone a Plantsim! ;)

I do have a Bigfoot in my main family. But I just can't wait until he dies of old age.

Genie is also in my main family. In the main family there are two adults. When they die, their grandchild is going to resurrect them, and with the help of Genie they're gonna become teens again! Yay!

A Infallibly Good Warlock is actually the grandchild mentioned above. He's working in Paranormal carrer.

Zombies? Eww! I hate playing them. And I never will play them. They just moawn. Although I do punish my Sims because they're late for work by turning them into zombies and then not saving the game.

~DJ.

tallyb
20th Jun 2012, 3:08 PM
I don't have AL so no witches, but I do have a vampire, a werewolf, two zombies, an alien and two plantsims - Marsha Breunig (sp) is one of them. Also, 3 servos, but I'm not keen on them so I've popped them all in a shared house and just invite them round when my sims need a toilet unblocking. No big foot, I still haven't managed to locate him in any BV resort.

I didn't know you get genies - how/where do you find them?

Darby
20th Jun 2012, 4:15 PM
Plantsims are great, especially if you have OFB and own a business. Plus, if your Plantsim or somebody else on the lot has a gold flower arranging badge you can use the sunlamp (as mentioned earlier) and snapdragon bouquets and the Plantsims' needs will not go down at all.

Not that Snapdragons aren't useful, but if you have two or more plantsims, they can keep each others', and all the customers', needs up with Spores of Happiness.

Plantsims are definitely great for businesses.

rogue_55
20th Jun 2012, 5:01 PM
I like supernaturals, but only occasionally. :3
Having 'hoods filled with them just doesn't make them quite as special as they should be. So for me, maybe I'll have a good witch/bad witch hidden deep in the town. As well as maybe a hungry vampire, or werewolf. It really just depends on what type of gameplay I feel like. c:

I feel the same way. I really only want one or two of each type of supernatural character. So far I have turned Chester Gieke into an evil warlock. I am going to turn Tara Kat into a good witch. I also have two sims that I plan to turn into vampires. I'm considering turning Joshua Ruben into a werewolf. He's already kind of mean and extremely sloppy, so I don't think his personality would change drastically.

Kestie Freehawk
23rd Jun 2012, 12:51 AM
In Sims 2 I played Strangetown, and had a neighborhood devoted entirely to aliens. Any abduction that resulted in a baby with alien genetics was banished to Strangetown where the neighborhood was built special for their needs including the windows and decorations from the scifi folder. Everything in that neighborhood was made to help the guests feel confortable until they zero poped out. In Verona I had the gen 1 and 2 kids finish college and then go home. Tessa Monty (Ariels and Anthonys child) came home from college with 20 friends and got all the career rewards in a few days and one day she noticed a telescope in the corner of her lot. All her cousins both Capp and Monty were married and settling down to make another generation of Veronavillians when Tessa got abducted. All of her freinds and relitives ran out of their houses and came to her house to see waht was happening. Quicker than greased lightning every make in her freinds list had to try. Albany had twins. Desdimona and Benidict did too. Evil raced through the town and all the males had babies at the same time. Most the babies were rejected and some had to be taken by 'Bots to Strangetown to be raised. Some sims seemed to be allergic to the alien genes and all the towns had to check and ferret out all the hidden ones who seemed much happier in the custom neighborhood in the desert. Everyone tried real hard not to notice the 'Bot army forming on the edges of town but the abductions tapered off and then stopped completly. It seemed that Simplanet had its quota of abductions at last. (My mistake must have been playing with them so much.) I like plant sims though.

DJ.
23rd Jun 2012, 12:49 PM
I didn't know you get genies - how/where do you find them?

You get them in FreeTime. Overall, you just need to build enthusiasm on one hobby (ex. nature), and after a couple of days, the matchmaker's gonna drop you a genie lamp. You'll have to choose between Sell and Dust the lamp. To have the Genie, Dust the lamp. (Wow, people must be complete idiots if they don't know how to summon Genie - or they didn't watch Aladin.)

The Genie grants three wishes. Which one of them - you'll have to find out. :) But there's a chance of failure of those wishes, so... I better have my Warlock grant me wishes. :)

~DJ.

12353herbs
23rd Jun 2012, 7:46 PM
I really don't use the supernaturals at all.... But i am changing that with my medieval/fantasy hood, where all of the occults will be present. The vampires and good witches will probably be main powers along with the humans. Zombies, werewolves and plantsims will inhabit the wilderness.