Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Doors & Windows (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=408)
-   -   Base Game Colonial Arches + Bonus Arch (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=342709)

leefish 2nd Jun 2009 3:18 PM

Base Game Colonial Arches + Bonus Arch

4 Attachment(s)
I had a couple of requests for these, this is the base game Colonial OakTowne Interior Door remeshed to an Arch. I did a double and a single version. In the pic below you can see the two arches in the foreground and the matching base game door by Maxis in the background.

I also did a remesh of the Touch of Teak Pigalle Double door down to a single door, you can find that HERE. However, I also made a 1 tile version of the arch to match the two tile Touch of Teak Pigalle Double Arch, and I am including the single arch in this upload as a bonus arch.

I have gone a bit mad on making pretty pics recently, so in case it is not clear what is in the upload see the WYSIWYG pic in the attached screen shots.

Prices and recolour options

French Arch = 180 simoleons
Colonial Double Arch = 300 simoleons
Colonial Single Arch = 230 simoleons

All arches are linked to the originals using the repository technique, and so will pick up any recolours you may have in your downloads folder

Polygon Counts:
Double Interior Colonial Arch Straight & Diagonal 176 polys
Interior Colonial Single Arch Straight & Diagonal 176 polys
1 tile Touch of Teak Pigalle French Arch Straight & Diagonal 496 polys

Additional Credits:
Simpe, all the tutorial writers, and MTS for giving me a place to learn and share my stuff

Twi 2nd Jun 2009 3:29 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! As usual, these are simply fantastic :D

Dj Music 2nd Jun 2009 4:02 PM

You're a star Lee! I'll take 'em all! Love the WYSIWYG name. :P

flamingo57 2nd Jun 2009 4:17 PM

I always wondered why maxis didn't see fit to make arches for these. Thanks for 'fixing' what they screwed up yet again.

cthru 2nd Jun 2009 4:37 PM

ooooomnomnomnom these are up hereee!
(but as a nosey requester I already can haz them! BWAHAHAHAHA)
thank yoooou leelee!

eedgan 2nd Jun 2009 6:36 PM

Very nice - I like Maxis match stuffeths. More pleeeease!

whitewaterwood 2nd Jun 2009 6:57 PM

Ooooo! They look wonderful! Better even than the previews. I will find much use for them!

suefemme 2nd Jun 2009 9:10 PM

Thanks for sharing.I really wanted a colonial arch to match the door

leefish 2nd Jun 2009 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefemme
Thanks for sharing.I really wanted a colonial arch to match the door

YAY - dutch folks!!!

katalina522 2nd Jun 2009 9:57 PM

Thank you so much! I actually happened to be building today and grumbling about how none of the 2-tile arches match the 1-tile ones, so this was a perfect find!

bubbajoe62 2nd Jun 2009 10:50 PM

I had just picked up your arch at SimSupply two days ago and now this! Plus Oaktown is my fav interior door. I'm ecstatic.

leefish 2nd Jun 2009 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajoe62
I had just picked up your arch at SimSupply two days ago and now this! Plus Oaktown is my fav interior door. I'm ecstatic.

Thanks BubbaJoe!! I love your lots! and some great stuff at simsupply too.

aeowyn22 3rd Jun 2009 3:05 AM

Woo! Thanks leesester! Great way to set them out in your pictures, they look alot better than just against the wall that everyone does! Its a very smart way to show them off! Thanks again, these will be very useful in my game! Maxis match <3!

TaylorGuy 3rd Jun 2009 3:20 AM

I love that i now have a two tile arch to use in a house i have used the door in...but whats the differnece in your one tile oaktown arch and maxis's?

QBUILDERZ 3rd Jun 2009 4:52 AM

See lee, this is why you make me jealous...keep it that way, love, because these are totally awesome like usual. Your stuff makes me jaw drop every time.

~Q - Great to finally chit chat again :D

mizmugs 3rd Jun 2009 11:51 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Great job

leefish 3rd Jun 2009 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorGuy
I love that i now have a two tile arch to use in a house i have used the door in...but whats the differnece in your one tile oaktown arch and maxis's?

115 simoleons....and being made by me.

kriskty 5th Jun 2009 8:43 PM

I love these especially the one tile glass door. I normally don't download anything in build or buy mode but I can't resist.

leefish 5th Jun 2009 8:54 PM

Hi Kriskty - the one tile glass door is NOT in this download - you can go here to get it.

ekrubynaffit 8th Jun 2009 12:52 AM

I really love these but on putting them in I found this

There seems to be bits cut out at the top of the wall. Wether it was just my game causing it or its happening to others I dont know just thought you may like to know Otherwise love it !

leefish 8th Jun 2009 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekrubynaffit
I really love these but on putting them in I found this

There seems to be bits cut out at the top of the wall. Wether it was just my game causing it or its happening to others I dont know just thought you may like to know Otherwise love it !

Hmm, how wierd. I will take a look, have never seen this, and I DON'T think it did it in my game, but I will double check the wall mask.
EDIT: Ok, I checked in SimPE - there is no odd things going on in there, and I based this arch on my double door clones which I used for the Mauritania set, and they have no problems, so I cannot fix it.....anybody else with this problem? It MAY be your game, but I am not 100% certain of that.

Deluxe Designs 11th Jun 2009 9:55 AM

Why do i keep missing these.... :S lol Excellent work, i love arches! haaha

MacApple 27th Oct 2009 1:32 AM

So happy to get these; thank you!

telefen 8th Jan 2010 9:36 PM

Thank you very much for this much needed upload. Keep up the good work. What Ifind missing is some matching railings to the orienatal stairs in the game. If you're up to it, it would be very appreciated.

Eggard 18th Jan 2010 1:25 PM

I love arches! Thank you for sharing.