Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Script & Core Mods (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=637)
-   -   Build/Buy Restriction Choker (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447605)

Buzzler 9th Jul 2011 12:46 PM

Build/Buy Restriction Choker

5 Attachment(s)
updates
2011-07-12 - Added abbreviated buildbuyrestriction cheat and tuning to disable said cheat and the buydebug cheat by default. See main text. Requesters: Tell me if that's what you wanted. Or if it's not what you wanted.

compatibility
Supported for game version 1.24 aka code version 0.2.0.154. The code is so simplistic that it's probably compatible will all game versions down to the release version. You're on your own if you use it with any other version than the listed ones, though!

scope
I stumbled over the means to disable the lot-dependent build/buy restrictions when I tried to stop the Autoroof Disabler from auto-selecting the roof tool. Seemed useful, so here it is.

description
This mod will make the community objects button in build mode available on residential lots.
Objects that are usually only available on residential lots, e.g. stoves, can now be bought on community lots.

known issues
Under certain circumstances, e.g. when you enter Edit Town from build/buy mode and then enter another lot in build/buy mode, the restrictions may still be active. Just changing from build mode to buy mode and back or vice versa will usually do the trick then. If not, you need to exit and re-enter build/buy mode. I didn't investigate this further, because there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

cheats & tuning
Instead of typing 'RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings', you can now simply type 'rbb'. Use it just the same as the original cheat.

Use the attached tuning package additionally to the main mod package and the RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings cheat will be disabled by default (as if you typed 'rbb off' into the cheat console) and the BuyDebug cheat will be enabled by default (as if you typed 'buydebug on' into the cheat console).

legal stuff

possible conflicts
This is a scripting mod and as such the possibility for conflicts with other mods, no matter what kind, is next to non-existant.

installation
Please follow Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Fileswiki. I can't explain it any better than that. Seriously, I won't even try even if you ask me.

deinstallation
Just rip it out whenever you like.

support
I support my mods. I appreciate bug reports. I don't support mods or custom content in general. It's not an issue with a mod if it doesn't even show up in the game.

disclaimer
Might lead to a serious case of squished brain. Use for rocket fuel. Don't use for stomach ailment.

fway 9th Jul 2011 12:58 PM

Very useful.

bluegenjutsu 9th Jul 2011 1:10 PM

Cool! Thank you!

tizerist 9th Jul 2011 1:26 PM

Good. Too many restrictions.

lavender 9th Jul 2011 1:37 PM

Freedommm

Esmeralda 9th Jul 2011 2:41 PM

This will be very useful, thank you!

urbz 9th Jul 2011 2:57 PM

it's restricted for a reason .. so thats why am not downloading it. :l

Earcat 9th Jul 2011 3:05 PM

Thank you. It was so annoying that we can't put an Outdoor Stuff barbeque on a community lot. Now we can, thanks to you.

Buzzler 9th Jul 2011 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbz
it's restricted for a reason ..
Hit me!
Quote:
so thats why am not downloading it. :l
Thanks for this information. I guess.

PhenomIIFX 9th Jul 2011 4:23 PM

Thank you! Now I can replace those cheap stoves on WA basecamps without using some complex tricks.

mike8076 9th Jul 2011 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbz
it's restricted for a reason .. so thats why am not downloading it. :l

So why are you here in mod the sims???? Most things in this site are about giving more freedom to the user and more settings. If you like restriccions dont enter to this site!!!!!!!!
(if you dont like this mod dont say it here you have to give respect to Buzzler that he wested his time to make this mod while you make nothing)

Simmiller 9th Jul 2011 5:09 PM

This is a fabulous mod! Thanks for sharing :-)

noxnoxnox 9th Jul 2011 5:35 PM

Love it, thank you very much. Since Generations, I often put a sleeping bag inside every sims I cas so they can wander around and sleep everywhere they want, now it gets even better, they can cook whatever they want too.

~MadameButterfly~ 9th Jul 2011 5:38 PM

Oh yessss.....

rorsdors 9th Jul 2011 5:47 PM

It's restricted for a reason EA love annoying the heck out of players with dumb-ass restrictions!!
Thanks for all your mods.

amc462000 9th Jul 2011 5:57 PM

Thank you - going to try it out immediately!!!

Corylea 9th Jul 2011 9:09 PM

Yay! Thanks for making this.

Zombiphilia 9th Jul 2011 9:10 PM

Omg, thank you so much. This is going to be super useful!

AnimosityKate 9th Jul 2011 10:20 PM

This is the best thing since sliced bread, nay, this is better than sliced bread!
THANK YOU!!!

gelfling 10th Jul 2011 12:54 AM

Ooh very useful indeed. Thank you Mr. Buzzler.

nathaliegam12 10th Jul 2011 1:51 AM

I officially love you now, sir.

emilyhwithlove 10th Jul 2011 2:59 AM

thank you sosososo MUCH <3

Annabel Lee 10th Jul 2011 4:03 AM

Wow! Thank you for this!
Will bring a whole new look & play to lots!

noxnoxnox 10th Jul 2011 5:11 AM

Can you guys cook with the oven on the community lot? I can cook with the BBQ but not with the oven, I only have the Upgrade and Perform Experiment On options, no Serve or Have Meal options.

Buzzler 10th Jul 2011 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxnoxnox
Can you guys cook with the oven on the community lot?
Yes, I can. Cooking on community lots is part of my Moar Interactions mod. It's not possible in the vanilla game, though.

greengal006 10th Jul 2011 7:38 AM

Haha! You know i your mods! and the help!

ViolettaVie 10th Jul 2011 9:59 AM

Excellent! Just what I wanted. It's kind of tedious to have to change the lot zoning just to put stoves on community lots and then having to change it back again. Thank you. Now I can focus on building without jumping through hoops.

tizerist 10th Jul 2011 12:34 PM

buzzler, got a couple of other ones

picnic baskets = community too
gender doors = residential too?
cash registers? might be pointless, but who knows?

Thanks!

Buzzler 10th Jul 2011 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
buzzler, got a couple of other ones{...}
You've lost me. With this mod you can already buy picnic baskets on community lots and gender doors and registers on residential lots.

Rock Chick 10th Jul 2011 1:45 PM

Just excellent! Thanks so much x

Deluxe Designs 10th Jul 2011 2:15 PM

This is so useful, thank you

Alathria 10th Jul 2011 6:28 PM

Love it! Gonna be so much fun!

samma440 10th Jul 2011 8:41 PM

Does this allow building in apartments or do I still have to enter the cheat every time I start the game?

Buzzler 10th Jul 2011 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samma440
Does this allow building in apartments or do I still have to enter the cheat every time I start the game?
If you mean the buildbuyrestrictioncheat or buydebug cheat thingy, then no, this mod currently doesn't do anything about that. I could add abbreviated versions of the cheats, though, and/or tunables to enable the cheats by default if that would help. I wouldn't want to have them enabled in regular gameplay all the time, though.

Winterhart 11th Jul 2011 3:03 AM

How could you!

With this little mod you have made 18 of my mods obsolete!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I was getting so tired of making individual mods for each of Fresh Prince's cars. I'm going to update all 18 of those obsolete mods and send them here.

Winterhart 11th Jul 2011 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samma440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzler
If you mean the buildbuyrestrictioncheat or buydebug cheat thingy, then no, this mod currently doesn't do anything about that. I could add abbreviated versions of the cheats, though, and/or tunables to enable the cheats by default if that would help. I wouldn't want to have them enabled in regular gameplay all the time, though.

Sorry about the double post. What does the buildbuyrestrictioncheat do? I know about buydebug.

Sinystra 11th Jul 2011 3:38 AM

Thank you for the mod.. as i said before to others i wish I can make these things. LOL

matildarose 11th Jul 2011 4:06 AM

Quote:

That would be so awesome. I'm tired of wrestling with that cheating code every time I'm trying to edit an apartment. I haven't tried since the update (combing my CC through and cleaning stuff) but I remember I had to do two cheats just to get it to work.

noxnoxnox 11th Jul 2011 9:50 AM

ok, thank you for the answer, I should grab that Moar too.

Buzzler 11th Jul 2011 11:45 AM

@Winterhart: You took that better than I anticipated. I was afraid you'd be angry. The buildbuyrestriction cheat (don't know the actual name right now) allows you to edit apartment lots outside of the apartment (when there's already a household on the lot) and see and edit the floormarkers and stuff.

@matildarose: I'll see what I can do about that.

jennygg 11th Jul 2011 12:24 PM

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y2kRobie 11th Jul 2011 3:18 PM

Wow, thank you so much for this

Hydromel 11th Jul 2011 10:08 PM

Why nothing works here ?

Hydromel 11th Jul 2011 11:56 PM

Auto reply : because I was in old way ^^ Thank you.

matheusmm94 12th Jul 2011 7:57 PM

thank you so much man, you've really saved my game, nothing against winterheart's mods, after all he was a pioneer on this kind of mod, but i was so tired of downloading a thousand of mods to allow FP's cars on community lots, and this mod really solves my issues, thank you so much again :D

Winterhart 14th Jul 2011 6:01 AM

Quote:
@Winterhart: You took that better than I anticipated. I was afraid you'd be angry. The buildbuyrestriction cheat (don't know the actual name right now) allows you to edit apartment lots outside of the apartment (when there's already a household on the lot) and see and edit the floormarkers and stuff.
Does that cheat let you put more than one household in a apartment building? I think it is sooo stupid and wasteful to only have one per apartment building.

Buzzler 14th Jul 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterhart
Does that cheat let you put more than one household in a apartment building?
No, that's a core functionality that can't be changed.

Michele Magus 16th Jul 2011 10:30 AM

Thanks. Thi is quite useful. :D

SuthernDel 20th Jul 2011 1:13 AM

Hey Buzzler, luv your mods!
Have a question/request.

Is it possible to turn off the restrictions in "Edit Town" so one could place a lot anywhere? EPs idea of unroutable terrain happens to be next to the road, & flat! I just want to be able to build ANYWHERE within the TOWN
Appreciate all you do
D

Buzzler 20th Jul 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuthernDel
Is it possible to turn off the restrictions in "Edit Town" so one could place a lot anywhere?
Probably not, no.

tontrin 23rd Jul 2011 7:38 PM

Thanks for this Buzzler! I can't wait to try it.