Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Programs and Utilities (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Sim Tracker (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=464379)

RebaLynnTS 1st Jan 2012 8:15 PM

Sim Tracker

3 Attachment(s)
I created the Sim Tracker because my paper file was over 4 inches thick, and I knew there had to be a better way. I found a few programs online, but none were updated for all of the EPís.

There was only one thing left to do. Write my own.

Now we have the Sim Tracker.

The Sim Tracker is an, all EP ready, data-base like application that allows you to keep all the records you will ever want or need, about your sims, there households, businesses, or pets. Unfortunately, the Sim Tracker does not retrieve information from the game, at this time. Everything must be added by hand.
I hope to add this capability at some point in the future. Right now, I just don't know how.

In the Options Section, you have control over a lot of things that can be listed. Once you add a main neighborhood, you will be prompted to update your options (Ctrl + O). There is a lot there, so please check it out, thoroughly.

The Sim Tracker should be installed, and run as administrator.
In Win 7: Right click the Icon, choose Properties. On the Compatibility tab, check the Run this program as an administrator.

Also Needed
You will need Dot Net Framework 4, Found Here in order to run this program.

Additional Credits:
I would like that thank all of my Beta Testers for their help in getting this tool finished.

Installing Add on Packs
To install Addon Packs download the file and unzip it to any location.
In Sim Tracker, go to the options page, and findd the section you need
(For Custom Small Pets goto ... Options, Household Options ... Custom Small Pets box)
Right click the box and choose Install Addon Pack.
Find and open the text file that you downloaded.

Fix Careers
If you have problem with the military or politics creeers not loading properly, PM me, and I'll send you the fixed career files.

Updates

Want to know what's going on with the Sim Tracker ... Check Here!

This thread will be outdated soon, the new Sim Tracker 2 will be out in the very near future.

Arth 1st Jan 2012 9:20 PM

THANK YOU!!
You've became ma herro :3

Liv Lukas 1st Jan 2012 9:21 PM

Thank you so much!

CatOfEvilGenius 1st Jan 2012 9:36 PM

An app like this is certainly an improvement over stacks of notes. However, given my huge number of sims and the time that elapses between when I play, it would be much better to have this app auto update from game data files. Have you taken a look at the DBPF file format wiki info? It is very helpful. If you are currently hung up on compression / decompression, berq at MATY has written routines to take care of that, and I have a library that wraps those routines so they are even easier. If you're writing in C++, you could use it.

Zirconia Wolf 2nd Jan 2012 12:48 AM

Thank you so much for this!!!!!

While I suppose many folks are going to be "upset" about the lack of an auto-update feature I'm actually quite happy with Sim Tracker as it is, since auto-updating means only "normal" Maxis stuff could be properly accounted for & for somebody like me who's addicted to custom skins, eyes, careers & even "species" (Maxis-code doesn't "know" about Merfolk, Angels, Pixies, etc) I am absolutely thrilled that you made the Sim Tracker so customizable!!!

Thank you for thinking of us "non-standard" players!

SimCeleste 2nd Jan 2012 1:04 AM

Wow! I thought I was a little bit crazy for trying to keep some track of my gazillions of Simmies!!!! Now I'm very happy to know I'm perfectly normal and in good company! LOL
BTW, I'm too addicted to custom "species"...

This will be very helpful! Thank you very much!

CatOfEvilGenius 2nd Jan 2012 3:03 AM

Zirconia and RebaLynnTS Custom content like careers and eyes can be auto tracked just like Maxis content. It's all just package files. Some things, like custom species (merfolk, angels, pixies) will show up as human if you just go by game flags. However, the app could have a "custom species" checkbox that let the user input their own species if they wanted.

edit:
Not criticizing the app, it is nifty, just saying since you plan to automate it, here's my thoughts on that. I certainly do appreciate the amount of work and planning (and testing) that went into this.

FranH 2nd Jan 2012 3:59 AM

Now that it's finally released to the general public, I must admit that I'm very happy having been a beta tester for this program. It does everything I ever needed/wanted a tracking program to do, and Reba has done an outstanding job of not only creating such a great program, but making it sure to update it as necessary.

I'm also glad she has the patience of a saint with the huge amount of details that we testers probably unloaded on her every single day for 3 months!

Great job!

RebaLynnTS 2nd Jan 2012 5:59 AM

I just posted an update, not sure how long it will take to show up, but if you have problems with the 1.09 version, they should go away in the 1.40 version.

I'm posting that one to my site in just a few short minutes.

aparkin85 2nd Jan 2012 4:59 PM

Thank you! Now maybe I won't have to have mile long spread sheets.

SingleClawDesigns 2nd Jan 2012 7:06 PM

I'm posting this now here because if people run into this problem they'll most likely see the solution here instead of on creator feedback. The new version did the same as I posted in the creator forum, but I've found a workaround for now.

If the program crashes when you try to run it and windows tell you they'll find a solution run the program under administrator even if you're on an administrator account it should bring the program right up.

boneheadiii 2nd Jan 2012 7:15 PM

Wow. I started writing my own recently, but I had far fewer details I was interested in tracking. I have dual monitors, which lets me have mine off to the side while playing, so I wanted to see a concise list of details. Mostly, I wanted to see what skin each sim had, to know what bodyshape to look for when choosing new clothes, aspiration, main hobby, and significant other. Yours looks great, but honestly for me personally it's too much information. But it looks like you've done a great job.

Mine does read package files, but I only do that to keep my skin list updated with family codes. I occasionally like to change skins. Mine also serializes to XML, which it looks like you've chosen as well. Which is great, because then it's very easy for other tools to use the same information. Great job. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only weirdo still playing Sims 2. All the Sims in 3 look like downs syndrome kids to me.

RebaLynnTS 2nd Jan 2012 10:48 PM

boneheadiii, check the options section. You can hide all the tabs you don't want to use. Personally, I hide the Magic tab, and the Roommates tab, as I never use them. Since some people might, I put them in there. I tried to make it as versatile as possible.

I forgot to mention this. When you open a household in the latest version you may only see a list of names in the household family list. Right Click, and you will be able to turn on any information you want to see.

Faerieimp 3rd Jan 2012 12:22 AM

A simmer after my own heart. However, it would probably not work for me to use this since the time I need this info is when I'm playing and I only have one monitor. I will probably try it and maybe I'll be wrong. The majority of what my sister and I write down is stuff needed for each household to do, matchmaker lists so we can keep track of who's marrying who (some are betrothed practically at birth. Chemistry is irrelevant), and who attends weddings. It might be nice to include info about births and stuff like that, so I will probably check this out and see how it works for me.

123blissb 3rd Jan 2012 6:19 PM

Wait... I thought you were kidding about the SimTracker! Never mind now! *mashes download button* Yay! Thanks!

maxon 4th Jan 2012 4:49 PM

Congratulations on getting it released Reba.

Jaxck 4th Jan 2012 11:51 PM

Great idea for a program, keep up the good work.

I am working through to see if there are any bugs. Currently I have not found any actual bugs, but several typos. "Ascending" and "Descending" are both misspelled at every instance. As I explore the program further I will post anything I feel needs to be addressed.

RebaLynnTS 5th Jan 2012 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxck
Great idea for a program, keep up the good work.

I am working through to see if there are any bugs. Currently I have not found any actual bugs, but several typos. "Ascending" and "Descending" are both misspelled at every instance. As I explore the program further I will post anything I feel needs to be addressed.

It would not surprise me if you found several. Visual Studio does not have a spell checker, and I am extremely dyslexic. Not to mention, I am not the best speller in the world

At least, when I am wrong, I am consistent about it

Jaxck 5th Jan 2012 2:32 AM

I'm getting an error when trying to add new sims. The error first occurred when I tried to make Bella Goth's career Military lvl 10 General. I'm now getting a box with the below message whenever I try to do anything.

"Conversion from string "sStartTime10" to type 'integer' is not valid."

I don't know how to fix the bug, and I am incapable of doing anything further with the program.

RebaLynnTS 5th Jan 2012 5:35 AM

Military Fix

Sorry about that.

Here's how to fix it.

1. Download the file attached to this post.
2. Go to c://RLMsoft/TextFiles/W7-SimTracker/Careers
3. Replace AdultMilitary.txt & AdultPolitics.txt with the downloaded files.
4. Go to MyDocuments/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/[UserName]/Files
5. Delete Files "AC7_AdultCareer.bin" and "AC8_AdultCareer.bin"
6. Rerun the program.

It should fix that problem. I'll post an update that will keep it from happening to anyone else.

Edit: It would appear that the politics career text file, also had issues, so I am uploading a corrected version here.
I have re-uploaded the Sim Tracker with the corrections. Re-downloading, will not fix this issue, unless you delete the AC#_AdultCareer.bin files.

I have attached the corrected files to the main downloads section.

Jaxck 5th Jan 2012 8:03 AM

Thanks! I'll keep using the program, see if there are any more bugs or features that could be improved.

EDIT: You can't reorganize the order of neighborhoods, households, or sims in the side window. A system which auto alphabetizes those lists would be invaluable.

RebaLynnTS 5th Jan 2012 1:32 PM

Try right clicking

I make use of right click context menus, a lot.

Zirconia Wolf 5th Jan 2012 6:15 PM

Just wanted to say thanks (again) for this amazing program & the easy-to-install updates! Also tickled that the "add-on" thing for the custom pets was so easy to install! (I love user-friendly stuffeths!)

Also wanted so say, that I'm very Dyslexic too & admire anyone with such a "disability" that has the guts to write their own program code! (I dearly want to learn more HTML & such, but am afraid it may all end in tears.)

As to spelling, there is a neat (free!) program available called "TinySpell" that works on anything/program you are typing in on a Widows environment which has been a godsend for me when typing in WordPad or other such non-spell-check applications.

For anyone interested, you can find more info here: http://tinyspell.numerit.com/

nuidyaforever 5th Jan 2012 7:19 PM

I have a question... I am using Windows Vista, and I downloaded the Sim Tracker and used the link you posted for downloading the .Net Framework. I installed them both and tried to run the Sim Tracker, but when I click the icon I get a message telling me that "I haven't installed the .Net Framework v4.0.30319" even though I have... the version I downloaded says it's v4.0.30319.1, is that what the problem is?

(Sorry if I sound utterly clueless or if this is the wrong place to ask. I just want to get the program up and running.)

RebaLynnTS 5th Jan 2012 7:27 PM

Did you install the framework first?
Sometimes the order can make a difference.

I'd suggest reinstalling framework 4, then reinstalling the Sim Tracker. If you are still having problems after that, let me know.

The good thing about windows, is also the bad thing about it. It can be changed easily. The more options you include, the more problems can crop up.

nuidyaforever 5th Jan 2012 8:43 PM

Just finished reinstalling both (framework 4 first, Sim Tracker second, like you suggested) and I'm still getting the error message. Should I try reinstalling again using the main administrator account?

RebaLynnTS 5th Jan 2012 9:45 PM

Yes, because Microsoft does not recognize me as a vendor, you will need to install and run it as administrator.

Anjalah 5th Jan 2012 10:15 PM

Can you make a tutorial on HOW to use the tracker?? Like where the HECK do I use the setup in the options???? I freakin' need HELP!!!

Anjalah 5th Jan 2012 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjalah
Can you make a tutorial on HOW to use the tracker?? Like where the HECK do I use the setup in the options???? I freakin' need HELP!!!

It says "Be sure to setup your options before you continue." how do I DO that??

RebaLynnTS 5th Jan 2012 10:24 PM

There is a help section. Click on the Help Menu in the menu bar, or press ALT + F1.

Options are under Tools > Options...

Most of the things in the help section are current. Some still need to be updated. I am also going to post a help page on my web-site.

Anjalah 5th Jan 2012 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebaLynnTS
There is a help section. Click on the Help Menu in the menu bar, or press ALT + F1.

Options are under Tools > Options...

Most of the things in the help section are current. Some still need to be updated. I am also going to post a help page on my web-site.

Thanks but when I load the nhood, it says that I need to go to the options again. What do I need to do in the options??

Anjalah 5th Jan 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjalah
Thanks but when I load the nhood, it says that I need to go to the options again. What do I need to do in the options??

And then when I close it, then try to reopen it, they say the program has stopped working...

RebaLynnTS 6th Jan 2012 12:05 AM

It should not ask you to do the options except when you create a new neighborhood.

In options, you will be able to add new skintones, eye colors, hair colors, and other items. It is not needed to use the program, but is a good idea.

You are not deleting and re-adding the neighborhood, are you?

What version are you using? If it is not 1.160 you will need to download, and install the new version, as the older ones had a issue with deleting neighborhoods.

Phoeberg 6th Jan 2012 1:17 PM

This is beyond awesome. Seriously, this is amazingly helpful. I've just started playing my own custom hood too, so it's perfect timing and hasn't been too arduous a task to fill everything in.

nuidyaforever 6th Jan 2012 3:06 PM

I've reinstalled framework 4 and the Sim Tracker again on the main administrator account. I'm still getting the error message about not having installed framework 4 though and I don't know why... what should I do now?

RebaLynnTS 6th Jan 2012 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuidyaforever
I've reinstalled framework 4 and the Sim Tracker again on the main administrator account. I'm still getting the error message about not having installed framework 4 though and I don't know why... what should I do now?

This is beginning to sound like a problem with windows. I'll do some research and see what I can dig up. You might consider talking to someone at Microsoft, as well.

It could be you don't have the correct version of dot net framework. If your system is 32 bit, and you got the 64 bit version, that could be a problem, for example.

you also might want to try downloading the framework from this site http://www.microsoft.com/net/download

rhapsody88 6th Jan 2012 6:48 PM

So far I really like this program but how do I add the fixed career files?

RebaLynnTS 6th Jan 2012 7:42 PM

I'll post these on the front page a bit later.

Here's how to fix it.

1. Download the file attached to this post.
2. Go to c://RLMsoft/TextFiles/W7-SimTracker/Careers
3. Replace AdultMilitary.txt & AdultPolitics.txt with the downloaded files.
4. Go to MyDocuments/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/[UserName]/Files
5. Delete Files "AC7_AdultCareer.bin" and "AC8_AdultCareer.bin"
6. Rerun the program.

It should fix that problem. I'll post an update that will keep it from happening to anyone else.

nuidyaforever 6th Jan 2012 8:48 PM

Reba, I've got it working now... the problem was an older version of .Net Framework not updating correctly, but I've found a solution for it and I can run the Sim Tracker now.

Thanks for creating this program and for your advice. I can't tell you how useful this will be to me.

*runs off to play with new toy*

RebaLynnTS 7th Jan 2012 5:03 AM

Glad to hear you got it working.

Jaxck 8th Jan 2012 12:41 AM

Hey so I went to download the new version of the program and I got an error page with the line:

"No file specified"

Ignore this comment if you're uploading a new version of the program.

RebaLynnTS 8th Jan 2012 2:12 PM

Exactly what I was doing

ImpDragonfang 8th Jan 2012 6:42 PM

I love it! I have been playing with this since the 5th & still haven't input all of my sims yet ::cries:: but it has been amazingly helpful & easy to use. Thanks!!!

tiffyt11206 9th Jan 2012 9:10 PM

I adore this program!
This is so just what I needed and I am glad it doesn't auto update as I am a total control freak when it comes to my sims.
With that said, I have some questions.
1. I am in options trying to add new fraternities and sororities and delete the old ones. But can't. I added a custom university as well but it wont let me edit the greek houses. Why? Am I doing it wrong?
2. I deleted a spouse and when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to delete it from the other sim as well I said yes, now everytime I do anything I get the window that says "Can't read sims spouses!". I click ok a few times and it goes away but when I go to the next sim it does the same one. It's a bit annoying and I am not sure if it's messing anything up. What gives? How do I fix?
Thanks for sharing this awesome program! :D

Edit* One more question. Is there a way to make two sims in different households siblings if there are no parents? I have a few of these.

RebaLynnTS 10th Jan 2012 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffyt11206
I adore this program!
This is so just what I needed and I am glad it doesn't auto update as I am a total control freak when it comes to my sims.
With that said, I have some questions.

Thank you, I'll do my best to answer them.

Quote:
1. I am in options trying to add new fraternities and sororities and delete the old ones. But can't. I added a custom university as well but it wont let me edit the greek houses. Why? Am I doing it wrong?

I'll check into those, I thought they were working, but something may have gotten left out.

Quote:
2. I deleted a spouse and when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to delete it from the other sim as well I said yes, now everytime I do anything I get the window that says "Can't read sims spouses!". I click ok a few times and it goes away but when I go to the next sim it does the same one. It's a bit annoying and I am not sure if it's messing anything up. What gives? How do I fix?
Thanks for sharing this awesome program! :D

I'm going to add a feature that will let you reset the spouse files. I'll have to look and see if I can find out why this is happening. Do you have the latest version 1.17?
I thought for sure I fixed that.

Quote:
Edit* One more question. Is there a way to make two sims in different households siblings if there are no parents? I have a few of these.

Not yet. I'm looking into it, but it might be a bit tricky.

RebaLynnTS 11th Jan 2012 5:58 PM

Found the reason for both problems, and just uploaded a fix, please download version 1.171.

SakuraKonekoChan 11th Jan 2012 8:09 PM

Would it be possible to add the ability to add your own scholarships?

RebaLynnTS 11th Jan 2012 8:27 PM

Yes, I guess I left it out. Well, it is a big job

Will be added in the next update.

tiffyt11206 12th Jan 2012 10:25 PM

Thanks so much! I am updating my version.

Babahara 12th Jan 2012 11:59 PM

I have a question. If I want to install your program on a different PC, how do I transfer all the information in the database? Or if I want to make a backup of the database and store it on the flash card, what exactly needs to be copied?

RebaLynnTS 13th Jan 2012 3:14 AM

All of your user data is in the MyDocs/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker folder.
Copy it, to any PC, or flash drive. I'm working on a option to save to a flash drive, or drop box, or any other location of your choice. I will also be adding a backup feature in the next update.

mahmahbaby 13th Jan 2012 9:23 PM

This looks pretty nifty. Now I can keep track of what babies are born :D

Bananas8338 14th Jan 2012 10:29 PM

Hi! I just want to say I absolutely LOVE this program, and that I'm so glad there's finally an updated Sim tracking program! Woohoo!

The only slight problem I have is that there is no N/A option for secondary aspirations - I accidentally selected one for my sim who doesn't have one, and now I can't figure out how to clear it. It would be great to know if I've simply just overlooked the way to do it, or if you could work a way into the program in the future.

RebaLynnTS 15th Jan 2012 12:35 AM

Thank you for the kind words.

I will add that to my todo list for the next update (should be ready Monday).

You can goto the Tools > Reset > Sim > Traits menu, but that will reset everything on the page.

mahmahbaby 15th Jan 2012 6:30 PM

All I have a problem with is when I do the options and I set up the jobs. When ever I put the Job Level on 4 for both Sims, they have the same Job Level description, But different Jobs. How do I fix this?

RebaLynnTS 15th Jan 2012 9:04 PM

Can you tell me what two jobs they are, and if it is adult, teen, or elder jobs.

roxmaniac 16th Jan 2012 1:36 PM

Loving the program.
Just one question. Can you not see wich household a sim is part of if you just have the sim info up?

Oh and I found a missspelling under options. Hair colors in the left menue. Just a heads up.

RebaLynnTS 16th Jan 2012 2:28 PM

Yes, you can. In two places.
1. On the Notes Page.
2. In the Status Bar.

PS: Thanks for the info about the spelling. Feel free to let me know if you find more.

roxmaniac 16th Jan 2012 3:37 PM

So I have run in to a problem. the program has started to crash for me everytime I try to ad a new household. I uninstalled/reinstalled and its the same again. I can ad sims and do other stuff but everytime I try to ad a household it crashes and I can't restart it. Have to reinstall.....Have added 18 households and about 50 sims....I dont know what I did wrong *sigh* Any Ideas?
It says something about IndexOutOfRangeException

Have latest version.
Windows vista

RebaLynnTS 16th Jan 2012 4:22 PM

When it generates an error message, copy the details, and email them to me at [email protected]. This will help me track down the problem.

Did you delete a household? If so that is why you are having problems. The delete routine was messed up. I've fixed it and it will be in the next update.

roxmaniac 16th Jan 2012 4:43 PM

Quote:
When it generates an error message, copy the details, and email them to me at [email protected]. This will help me track down the problem.

Did you delete a household? If so that is why you are having problems. The delete routine was messed up. I've fixed it and it will be in the next update.

Yes I did delete a household....must be it then. Can I fix it somehow or do i need to wait for the next update?

Will email what I saved when it uccured to you.

Thanx

edit to ad. Hmm that email didn't work.....

RebaLynnTS 16th Jan 2012 5:16 PM

sorry, it's [email protected].

To fix it properly, you will need to wait for the next update (1.18) , in a few minutes.
Delete, and reenter all of the households. I know it's a lot of work, but this update will keep it from happening again.

The best way to delete them is to go to MyDocs/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/{User Name}/Files/N1
Delete the following files...
nameHouseholds.bin
numHouseholds.bin
and all files that start with HH#_

roxmaniac 16th Jan 2012 6:07 PM

Quote:
sorry, it's [email protected].

To fix it properly, you will need to wait for the next update (1.18) , in a few minutes.
Delete, and reenter all of the households. I know it's a lot of work, but this update will keep it from happening again.

The best way to delete them is to go to MyDocs/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/{User Name}/Files/N1
Delete the following files...
nameHouseholds.bin
numHouseholds.bin
and all files that start with HH#_

Working so far

Edit...nope it crashed again *sigh*

Will send an email to you.

RebaLynnTS 16th Jan 2012 6:52 PM

Someday, we'll get all the bugs worked out.

RebaLynnTS 19th Jan 2012 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmaniac
Edit...nope it crashed again *sigh*

Will send an email to you.

Download version 1.181, and reinstall.

If you continue to have problems, you may need to delete your neighborhood, and start over. I added a backup feature in the options section, and it would be a good idea to back up your new files once in a while.

During development, I had to delete and start over about 50 times, so I know how much of a pain it is, and I am sorry this bug got passed us.

buggybooz 20th Jan 2012 9:47 PM

This is a big project that you undertook. I very much admire your stamina and I hope that you will get this to something you wanted.

RebaLynnTS 21st Jan 2012 6:11 AM

Thank you. Right now it pretty much does everything I wanted, and more. Though, I am happy to add any features that will help out others. The hard part is going to be keeping up with the help pages.

twoflower 21st Jan 2012 3:12 PM

I love this program - it's saving me so much time to have all the info together, because I don't really keep paper notes. Thank you so much for creating this! My only suggestions are that maybe you could add a place to record which hobby plaques were earned, and a place to record if the sim is a garden club member. These are things that I can add in the notes, but it would be more fun to click a box. Thanks again!

RebaLynnTS 21st Jan 2012 5:05 PM

Thank you, glad you like the program. I can add the items you asked for, just give me a few days.

twoflower 21st Jan 2012 7:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you, glad you like the program. I can add the items you asked for, just give me a few days.

Thank you, that would be awesome!

starlett 22nd Jan 2012 1:33 AM

remarkably intelligent, i just downloaded it but i am so impressed thank you so much for sharing!!!!

RebaLynnTS 23rd Jan 2012 3:03 AM

Next update in about 14 hours

Edit: OK, so it only took 13 hours

RebaLynnTS 26th Jan 2012 4:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower
Thank you, that would be awesome!

Well, I added it, but it did not work as planned. In Friday's update it will.

RebaLynnTS 28th Jan 2012 5:32 AM

Looks like the update will have to wait a little longer.

RebaLynnTS 29th Jan 2012 5:11 PM

Due to a major crash while trying to back up my code, there will be no updates for a while. I'll have to redo the program from the start. Which wll give me a chance to make it even better.

MagickDog 30th Jan 2012 12:53 AM

This is....the best thing ever....I love you.

Moon Jaguar 2nd Feb 2012 11:22 PM

I'm not sure if I'll use this but this sure is handy! I've got the organization skills of a dead flea but I'm thinking, with a story I'm trying to set up, this might... be something I need!

selfmadequeen 12th Feb 2012 12:48 PM

I've always wanted to keep notes on my Sims but it seemed like so much work. This makes it so easy to get everything organized...and it's pretty fun to go through and add and link sims. Amazing program.

M3g7e 12th Feb 2012 3:48 PM

RebaLynnTS, it is clear how much work you've put into this, and it is amazing. I already have an access database for my sims, so I may not use it, but I can see that you are tracking oodles of info that I don't currently keep info on. Nice work--really awesome tool here.

RebaLynnTS 13th Feb 2012 12:51 AM

MagickDog, Moon Jaguar, selmadequeen, M3g7e ... Thank you all very much.

I am adding a lot of printing functions right now, and updating the help section. The next update might be a few weeks if no-one reports any more problems.

Graciouse 19th Feb 2012 7:59 PM

I have been searching for this program because I had something similar before. I truly grateful for ur hard work and dedication to this site and the people who look for different programs.

RebaLynnTS 28th Feb 2012 7:13 PM

Make sure you check back often, I am still making changes, and improvements.

knowledgeSim 3rd Mar 2012 12:00 AM

Quote:
I deleted a spouse and when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to delete it from the other sim as well I said yes, now everytime I do anything I get the window that says "Can't read sims spouses!". I click ok a few times and it goes away but when I go to the next sim it does the same one. It's a bit annoying and I am not sure if it's messing anything up. What gives? How do I fix?

I must say I'm really grateful for this tool, I was also using notes to keep track of hundreds of sims. (I'm currently trying to fix my neighborhood's corruption... and those notes help me a lot to understand the changes I need to make before opening SimPE). Also checking the notes you made it's always faster than loading the neighborhood each time you want to remember something...

But I'm using the last version and I'm having that error too... I'll try to reinstall and restore the backup to see if that works. (edit: yes, it worked)

I would recomend other people to keep backups well updated. The problem is that if you load too many information as quickly as I do, you'll need to create one backup after another (after my last backup I added at least 50 sims...) but I think it's worthy. Though adding information by hand takes time, I like being able to choose each time exactly what to add and what to ignore. Yes, it can become a nightmare... but now it can be fun!

RebaLynnTS 3rd Mar 2012 4:29 AM

If you get another error, please let me know what it is. The more of them I can fix, the better the program will be.

I also want to thank the person that sent me a donation (first one). It will come in very handy. As I am disabled, and living on only social security (Of-course that means I have lots of time to spend on the Sim Tracker).

knowledgeSim 3rd Mar 2012 4:56 PM

Well, probably someone else reported this already but from the start I was getting an error each time I selected a sim... otherwise I could send you the details (they're in spanish but probably you can guess, something like "Object reference not set to an instance of an object")
I was already using MS .NET Framework 4 with no problems (on Vista 32bits) when I installed.

RebaLynnTS 4th Mar 2012 4:39 AM

Send me the report, I can have it translated. Make sure you have the latest version of Sim Tracker first, however. Many things have been fixed.

RebaLynnTS 4th Mar 2012 3:38 PM

OK, I found and fixed the problem, please download version 1.194, that should fix it.

amberkat 5th Mar 2012 2:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I'm going to start a prosperity hood soon and this program is a timesaver.

Just downloaded the newest version tonight and installed it over my old version. The older version had three sims in one household (see screenshot001). It says that there is only one sim in the household and throws up an error message when I try to access the other two (see screenshot002). I also copy/pasted the error message so you could see all of it.

Used several older versions without any problems.

Hope this helps

RebaLynnTS 5th Mar 2012 4:58 AM

I know what's going on, I'll need a couple of days to go over the code to make sure I catch all of the possible issues.

As far as the house listing not showing some of the sims. I'll have a solution for that as well. I ran into the issue myself, just today, when I added a non-family member, non-roommate to a household. Look for an update by wednesday (sorry for the problems, the new things I added seem to be causing more problems than expected).

knowledgeSim 5th Mar 2012 12:24 PM

The latest version doesn't seem to fix the problem either (same error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object") but... you mentioned something about a problem with the Quick View when there wasn't an age selected, so that gave me the idea to try and see which basic information it's missing from my sims tabs... I knew ages couldn't be the problem, as everytime I'm addding a sim to a household, I'm selecting gender and age... but the thing that's missing from the sim everytime I get that error, is the primary aspiration! Adding that, I don't get that error anymore! That's why I was never getting an error when selecting a kid... So, I hope this helps now to solve the problem (a tiny one, now that I know the reason... I'm currently adding that information to all of them.)

And again, thanks for all your hard work into improving an already valuable tool.

RebaLynnTS 5th Mar 2012 4:12 PM

I went back through, and added several checks to the Sim Quick View to keep this from popping up in the next update.

I'll be doing some more testing today, and if all goes well, I will post the new update this afternoon.

Just use the new version checker in the help menu once in a while to see when it is posted (later I plan to have it check for updates automatically, when first opened.

knowledgeSim 5th Mar 2012 10:02 PM

Yes, I found the new check option, it will come in handy. Thanks!

RebaLynnTS 6th Mar 2012 5:25 PM

Updated to Version 1.1.9.5

Fixed: Sim Quick View causing errors.
Fixed: Program running slow.
Fixed: Some house members not showing in members list.

amberkat 7th Mar 2012 1:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi again

Downloaded the latest version of this program earlier today and started imputing custom content (skin, eyes, hair, etc) before I put on my sims.

Ran into some problems when I was imputing custom hair colors. Put several in wrong and it will not let me edit or delete them. It also throwing up an error message (see attached). Didn't notice any problems with eyes or skin colors.

Had to manually link the two missing sims to my household, but at least they are showing up now.

RebaLynnTS 8th Mar 2012 6:28 PM

Found the problem, will have a fix up in a few minutes.

RebaLynnTS 9th Mar 2012 3:38 AM

Version 1.1.9.6

Fixed: Personality bars not resetting properly.
Fixed: Problems adding, and editing custom hair colors.

Added: Work days to work hours report.

kittcat92 10th Mar 2012 10:59 PM

Thanks this is great, it will make it so much easier to keep track of my neighborhood for The Victorian Population Challenge

RebaLynnTS 13th Mar 2012 6:52 PM

Version 1.1.9.7

Fixed: Error after deleting a sim with out removing it from a household first. Now when you delete a sim that is in a household, the household list will be updated automatically.
Fixed: Same type of error if sim was a roommate.

RebaLynnTS 16th Mar 2012 9:03 PM

Version 1.1.9.8

Fixed: Moving a house to a new neighborhood did not update the sims in the house correctly.

Added: Grandparent check to Is Family check.
Added: Mod Settings page (This section is not finished).
Added: Video Library page (This section is not finished).
Added: When adding a new Sim in the Sim List, if a household is sellected, you will be given an option to add the new sim to the household.

rdigirl 17th Mar 2012 12:00 AM

This is so wonderful. Thank you so much for all your work on this.