Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 4

Mod The Sims (http://www.modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Overrides (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=639)
-   -   Faster/Slower and/or Hidden Skills! (Updated for Into The Future/1.67) - UPDATE: 19/7/14 (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=486247)

gesimz 9th Sep 2012 4:23 PM

Faster/Slower and/or Hidden Skills! (Updated for Into The Future/1.67) - UPDATE: 19/7/14

21 Attachment(s)
UPDATE -19/7/14 After months of issues with the working state of my Sims 3 game, I was finally able to update the Optional Store Skills mod (i.e. gesimzFasterSlowerStoreSkills(20,50,75,90,NI,-50,-500,-1000)), which should now be compatible with the Artisan's Glassblowing & Jewelry Making Station and the new Artisian skill. I don't have any of the subsequent Sims 3 Store Sets that have released since the Prism Art Studio, so if any of those more recent Sets also have Premium Store Objects that introduce new Skills, then let me know.

NOTICE 14/4/14 No update is required for all versions of the main mod (e.g. NearInstantSkills+HiddenSkills, 90% FasterSkills etc) for patch 1.67. However, an update to the optional Store Skills mods is required for the Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station in the Prism Art Studio that introduces the new Artisian skill. The optional Store Skills mod in its current form, will NOT work with the new Artisian skill. An update to the optional Store Skills mod is required in order to be compatible with the Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station. I'll be looking to update the optional Store Skills mod soon.

NOTICE 27/10/13 - A couple of users were reporting issues with Near Instant version of the mod. Although I couldn't see anything that was wrong with the code, I still went ahead and manually re-did that particular version of the mod again. So if you are experiencing issues with the Near Instant version of the mod (either standard or with Hidden Skills unlocked), then download it again with the version I just uploaded and replace the previous version and see if that at all helps.

UPDATE 19/10/13 - All versions of the main mod (e.g. NearInstantSkills+HiddenSkills, 90% FasterSkills etc) have now been updated for the Into The Future Expansion Pack/Patch 1.63. Download and replace any existing version of the mod you are using with this latest version. I won't be able to test this until a couple of days after the game releases on October 22nd 2013, but the update applied should result in the following skills:

- Bot Building
- Future
- Laser Harp
- Bug Eating (Hidden)

increasing levels at the correct faster/slower rate (depending on the version of the mod chosen). No update is required for the optional Store skills mod.

SMALL UPDATE 27/9/13 - Updated the gesimzFasterSlowerStoreSkills(20,50,75,90,NI,-50,-500,-1000) optional store skills mod which needed a small update when the Surf’s Up Sun & Fun Wave Station Premium Content was added to The Sims 3 Store in August 2013. No update to the main mod is required still for Patch 1.57 for now. The main mod will need an update some time in mid October 2013 (most likely), when the next major base game patch is made available prior to Into the Futures release on October 22nd 2013.

UPDATE 25/6/13 - All versions of the mod have now been updated for patch 1.55/Island Paradise.

In addition, two new mods have been uploaded:

- On request, a 500% Slower Skills version of the mod has been added; and

- On request, a separate optional add-on mod (that works alongside the main mod or on its own) has been added also for Faster/Slower Sims 3 Store Skills (e.g. Dancing, Gambling, Violin etc).

Refer to Compatibility below to see which resource the optional Store Skills mod edits.

If you have downloaded any versions of this mod prior to this notice, it is recommend that you re-download them again just to be sure you are using the latest version of this mod.

06/03/13 - PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD: A bug/typo has been fixed with the Photography and Pool Skills which may have caused issues in being unable to use Pool Tables and/or Cameras and gain skill with these objects.

05/03/13 - All files have now been updated and should be compatible with University Life/1.50 Patch and the new skills of Street Art, Science and Social Networking for Primary Skills and Ping Pong, Bowling, Influence Nerd, Influence Rebel and Influence Socialite if you use a Hidden Skills variant of the mod.

Check the date the file has been modified prior to use to make sure you have downloaded and/or are using the latest version.

I won't be able to test this myself until I get my copy of University Life in a few days time.

Let me know in the comments if it works and/or you experience any issues.

15/01/13 - No update for 1.47 is required.

02/11/12 - RE-DOWNLOAD (if you downloaded the updated version between 31/10/12 and 2/10/12), have corrected an issue that might have been causing the diving board to not work properly after one use.

31/10/12 - All 14 files have now been updated (took me less time than expected) and should be compatible with Seasons/1.42 and the new skills of Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving (if using a hidden skills unlocked variant right now) upon release.

Let me know in the comments if you experience any issues.

22/09/12 - Added requested additional slower mod that basically just adds an additional zero to every value (compared to the recently added 90% version that takes an extra 0 off) so in theory, it should take 10 times as long for a Sim to advance a skill level for all skills making for MUCH SLOWER skilling! Should you experience any problems with the file, let me know in the comments.

20/09/12 - Added a 90% version that equates to roughly taking 1/10th of the usual time for Sims to gain a level in skill for each type of skill.

I noticed with claudiasharon's Faster Skills mod prior to XTS's Faster Skill Gain mod that there was a 90% faster skills version available that wasn't available in XTS'S mod, yet there was an instant skills version available in XTS's mod that wasn't available in claudiasharon's mod. So by adding a 90% faster skills version to this mod, this mod now covers all the major the content from both of the two previous Faster Skills mods on this site.

This upload is an update of XTS's Faster Skill Gain + Hidden Skills Visible mod found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=470993 which i've updated (due to inactivity and not logging in for several months) to be fully compatible with Supernatural, its new skills and the latest 1.38 patch. If you are after a mod that DOES NOT change the speed of gaining skills and ONLY unlocks hidden skills, then you can download gobot101s Hidden Skills Unhidden Mod found here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/436732

What This Mod Does

This is a tuning mod that (depending on your individual preference) can do two things. Firstly, it decreases or increases the amount of time it takes for Sims to learn all Skills (including specifically the new skills like Alchemy, Spellcasting, Broomriding and Lycanthropy, among others, introduced in Supernatural) as well as the new skills of Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving (among others) introduced in Seasons. Secondly, and optionally, it makes all hidden skills visible (i.e. it unlocks the ability to level up with certain interactive objects like the Foosball Table and Karaoke Machine for example and have that skill appear in your Active Sims list of learnt skills); more details on that below.

Why Are There Hidden Skills?

When EA makes something hidden, in most cases, it's intentional. Certain skills are made hidden by EA by default because for a number of them, the levelling up of a Sims skill for a number of interactive objects is unpolished with missing strings, descriptions and icons (as pictured below).

When these skills are made unhidden, it simply makes the Skills Meter appear when interacting with the object (like with Broomriding pictured above) and the hidden skill then appears in the Active Sims list of Skills immediately after the Sim starts learning that particular hidden skill.

Specifics Regarding The Different Versions of this Mod

This mod comes in several different versions to suit your individual preferences, which are as follows, YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE!:

gesimzNearInstantSkills* = Nearly Instant Skill Gain;
gesimzNearInstantSkills+HiddenSkills* = Nearly Instant Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz75% FasterSkills = 75% (x7.5 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain;
gesimz75% FasterSkills+HiddenSkills = 75% (x7.5 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz50% FasterSkills = 50% (x5 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain;
gesimz50% FasterSkills+HiddenSkills = 50% (x5 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz25%FasterSkills = 25% (x2.5 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain;
gesimz25%FasterSkills+HiddenSkills = 25% (x2.5 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz50%SlowerSkills = 50% (MINUS x.5 Default Speed) Slower Skill Gain;
gesimz50%SlowerSkills+HiddenSkills = 50% (MINUS x.5 Default Speed) Slower Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz90% FasterSkills = 90% (x10 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain;
gesimz90% FasterSkills+HiddenSkills = 90% (x10 Default Speed) Faster Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz1000%SlowerSkills = 1000% (MINUS x10 Default Speed) Slower Skill Gain;
gesimz1000%SlowerSkills+HiddenSkills = 1000% (MINUS x10 Default Speed) Slower Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;
gesimz500%SlowerSkills = 500% (MINUS x5 Default Speed) Slower Skill Gain;
gesimz500%SlowerSkills+HiddenSkills = 500% (MINUS x5 Default Speed) Slower Skill Gain Plus Hidden Skills Unlocked;

* NOTE: Some hidden skills like Foosball, Karaoke, Golf/Driving Range and the Trampoline take a little longer for the Skills Meter to max out compared to other Skills.

** NOTE 2: EA have set short time limits for how long a Sim will research alchemy and practice spellcasting per individual interaction. The time is set around 60 minutes so after 60 minutes of learning, the Sim will stop, which means that the skill gain will be incremental in bits and pieces. This has NOTHING to do with this mod. Rather, it's something that needs tuning with an additional mod relating to the Alchemy Station and Magic Wand specifically if one wanted to increase the duration of researching alchemy and/or practising spells.

*** NOTE 3: The new skill of Spellcasting in Supernatural specifically relates to spells cast from magic wands and the hands of some of the new occults that come with Supernatural. It DOES NOT apply to the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells (Store Spellbook) given that there is no skill assigned to that object for Sims to learn (that generates the blue skill bar) to begin with.

OPTIONAL ADD-ON MOD:

gesimzFasterSlowerStoreSkills = Faster or Slower Sims 3 Store Skills. YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE .PACKAGE FILE IN THIS ARCHIVE!

Compatibility

This mod was made with the latest 1.38 patch and will work fine with the base game and any other expansions and doesn't necessarily require Supernatural to work, but has been made specifically with Seasons and Supernatural in mind to get the Alchemy, Spellcasting and Broomriding, Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving skills (among others) to level up properly in these particular expansions.

This mod edits the Skills XML File for the main mod & the SKIL resource in the ccmerged.package for the optional Store Skills mod and will conflict with any other mod that edits the same XML and SKIL resources.

Installation

Simply drag and drop/cut & paste/copy & paste the .package file into your Mods\Packages as normal.

Additional Credits:
S3PE and its developers, jsleroy for the Notepad++ Compare plugin, XTS for the previous mod calcuations, nonamena for pointing me in the direction of the resource that deals with the speed of skilling for Sims 3 Store Objects & MTS for hosting this upload.

TammyLin Saphir 9th Sep 2012 4:35 PM

Love you for this ! Thanks a lot !

sylergcs 9th Sep 2012 4:45 PM

perfect thank you 1 question will this show the magic skill bar? im sick of not knowen just how far my magic skill is of getting new spells

Sims99Fanatic 9th Sep 2012 4:49 PM

Thank You!

Vral 9th Sep 2012 4:50 PM

Thank you!

gesimz 9th Sep 2012 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylergcs
perfect thank you 1 question will this show the magic skill bar? im sick of not knowen just how far my magic skill is of getting new spells

Yes, the blue skill bar will now appear while learning the magic/spellcasting skill allowing your Sim to level up properly as well as for the Alchemy Station and Broomriding (if you use a hidden skills version of the mod) for example (see additional screenshots).

dasderbunker 9th Sep 2012 6:07 PM

simsgeneration1 9th Sep 2012 6:12 PM

can you make a version so it's just the hidden skills without any speed change to skill gaining?

gesimz 9th Sep 2012 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsgeneration1
can you make a version so it's just the hidden skills without any speed change to skill gaining?

Already taken care of: http://www.modthesims.info/d/436732

hotrod50s 9th Sep 2012 7:01 PM

thank you bunches been waiting for this one to be updated already downloaded and tested most of your other updates all of them work really well

sl393l 9th Sep 2012 10:25 PM

Thank you so much for updating this mod.

LifeJunkie 9th Sep 2012 10:26 PM

Thank you for updating. It broke my heart it wasn't working properly with Supernatural.

britroseusa 9th Sep 2012 10:47 PM

I don't have supernatural put I have the patch can I still use this

gesimz 9th Sep 2012 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britroseusa
I don't have supernatural put I have the patch can I still use this

Yes, it can still be used with a 1.38 patched game only (minus the Supernatural expansion), which is why I flagged it as Base Game compatible.

sylergcs 10th Sep 2012 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesimz
Yes, the blue skill bar will now appear while learning the magic/spellcasting skill allowing your Sim to level up properly as well as for the Alchemy Station and Broomriding (if you use a hidden skills version of the mod) for example (see additional screenshots).

works perfectly thank you, turns out i was magic level 9

ladypieta 10th Sep 2012 3:25 AM

Thank you so much for this!!! Thank you, Thank you! ~Pieta

zetty1 10th Sep 2012 4:13 AM

You are awesome. This is one of the few mods that I use, so I was looking forward to this one.

missmeow 10th Sep 2012 9:38 AM

Thanks so much!

Azzura89 10th Sep 2012 11:46 AM

great that you have done that xD thanks a lot

XXMOTHXX 11th Sep 2012 6:13 AM

I've been waiting for this! I had the older one and it just wouldn't work for newer skills such as the alchemy skill and whatnot, I still have to test this one out but trust it will do good. Thanks...! :D

FemmeDeluxe 11th Sep 2012 1:00 PM

This is great! Rah!

mercurialz 11th Sep 2012 1:18 PM

thank you so much, i have been waiting for someting like this, great THANKS

Aristacah 11th Sep 2012 5:23 PM

Thank you!

Illyianna 11th Sep 2012 8:40 PM

Does this work with the Goth Spellbook? I'm finding that the Goth Spellbook does not let me level my skills, the bar fills up like it's working then nothing. Also the potion table seems to level my Logic but I can not make potions? Can anyone test these objects in their game with this Mod and let me know if it works for them please.

gesimz 11th Sep 2012 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyianna
Does this work with the Goth Spellbook? I'm finding that the Goth Spellbook does not let me level my skills, the bar fills up like it's working then nothing. Also the potion table seems to level my Logic but I can not make potions? Can anyone test these objects in their game with this Mod and let me know if it works for them please.

I've now completed the tests across 3 save files in two towns (Moonlight Falls and Bridgeport, with just this mod, without this mod and then this mod with all the other mods i'm using) and here are the results:

1) Regarding the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells (Store Spellbook): In two of the save files I tested, this object worked fine, while in the third file, my Sim jumped when I tried to use it, but this issue was apparent even without the mod, so something in the save must have caused the spellbook to glitch in that particular save file. Now regarding the Blue Skill Bar and the lack of it with the Spellbook, there is no blue skill bar to begin with for the spellbook, as there is no standard skill or custom skill assigned to this object. The spellbook only has the green progress bar (like when repairing/upgrading objects with the Handyness skill) which indicates the progress in terms of a Sim learning that particular spell for the spellbook. When I mentioned Spellcasting, I was referring specifically to spells cast from the magic wand and/or the hands of the Occults that comes with Supernatural, NOT the store spellbook. I will edit the description a bit later to make this clear.

2) Regarding the Chemistry Table from Generations, the results were similar to the Spellbook. In two of the save files I tested, this object worked fine, but the same save file where the spellbook glitched, the Chemistry Table happened to glitch as well with my Sim not being able to make potions all the while still gaining logic skill. But everywhere else outside of that one messed up save file, my Sims (both with logic skill prior and no logic skill prior to using the Chemistry Table) were able to gain logic skill faster AND make discovered potions successfully at the same time.

So based on my testing, this mod is probably not what would be causing those issues with the Chemistry Table with in your game and it is almost certainly something else.

Admiranda 12th Sep 2012 5:26 AM

Wonderful! And it's very nice of you to provide a 25% faster version; some of us like to at least try to keep the illusion of not cheating, after all!

I was wondering if you could make an accompanying faster/slower reading mod that also includes a 25% faster option? I've found other mods that make reading faster, but all go a bit too fast for me (i.e., two times faster at the slowest, which is 50% faster if my math isn't too dodgy), or aren't updated for 1.38/Supernatural. If you don't mind, of course!

Illyianna 12th Sep 2012 5:00 PM

Thankyou for testing for me I figured out the Spellbook problem, it seems the two new store sets Once Upon A Time and the Carnival set were causing the problem with the Spellbook. Once I removed the .package file for those two sets my Spellbook worked fine with your Mod and even let my Sim learn spells faster.

As far as the Chemistry Set I still can not figure it out, I removed all Mod's, made a new Sims 3 File so it had just the Sims 3 game up to and including Supernatural and tried the Chemistry table. Still got to Logic 4 with no potions so I even tried a new Sims 3 Lot and same thing so it was not your Mod.

I just gave up on the chemistry set but put your Mod back, I gain Logic faster at least and love how fast I learn the other stuff. I just love your Mod, it makes me feel like my Sim is learning everything the right way just a little faster, lol. I might try the Chemistry Set in a new town since all my testing was done in MF.

Other then that thankyou for this Mod!

gesimz 12th Sep 2012 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyianna
Thankyou for testing for me I figured out the Spellbook problem, it seems the two new store sets Once Upon A Time and the Carnival set were causing the problem with the Spellbook. Once I removed the .package file for those two sets my Spellbook worked fine with your Mod and even let my Sim learn spells faster.

As far as the Chemistry Set I still can not figure it out, I removed all Mod's, made a new Sims 3 File so it had just the Sims 3 game up to and including Supernatural and tried the Chemistry table. Still got to Logic 4 with no potions so I even tried a new Sims 3 Lot and same thing so it was not your Mod.

I just gave up on the chemistry set but put your Mod back, I gain Logic faster at least and love how fast I learn the other stuff. I just love your Mod, it makes me feel like my Sim is learning everything the right way just a little faster, lol. I might try the Chemistry Set in a new town since all my testing was done in MF.

Other then that thankyou for this Mod!

Another thing you could try perhaps is seeing what the results are with the various Occults introduced in Supernatural when they use the Chemistry Table. Who knows, maybe one of them might be glitching the object. Last time I checked the official Sims 3 forums, it wasn't yet a reported issue (although the Spellbook was), so if you can't find the cause, I definitely think you should report the issue in the Bugs thread over there.

sirkingjamz 12th Sep 2012 9:04 PM

thank you for the update to the file... unfortunately for some reason it doesnt seem to work right now i removed all cheats besides urs and still nothing i do have supernatural so i only supose that im at 1.38 plz help

sirkingjamz 12th Sep 2012 10:00 PM

nvm my comment i found that ur mod works better in "\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" bassically i put mine in a folder called "hacks" everything works now thanks agian

gesimz 13th Sep 2012 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randee15
Wonderful! And it's very nice of you to provide a 25% faster version; some of us like to at least try to keep the illusion of not cheating, after all!

I was wondering if you could make an accompanying faster/slower reading mod that also includes a 25% faster option? I've found other mods that make reading faster, but all go a bit too fast for me (i.e., two times faster at the slowest, which is 50% faster if my math isn't too dodgy), or aren't updated for 1.38/Supernatural. If you don't mind, of course!

There is a version over at the Sims Asylum that is around 30% speed and also allows for children to read skill books as well as makes all books buyable.

Johnny5clowna 13th Sep 2012 8:42 PM

nraas master controller lets you select each skill then type 10 to max it out... you have to do this repeatedly, but at least You can get ALL the Skills known to man in the game...

gesimz 14th Sep 2012 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5clowna
nraas master controller lets you select each skill then type 10 to max it out... you have to do this repeatedly, but at least You can get ALL the Skills known to man in the game...

Different players prefer different ways for their Sims to gain skills. Some prefer to use Twallans Master Controler like you mentioned, some prefer to use the Book of Talent available on this site, while others prefer a more traditional approach with the skill bar with varying levels of speed for gaining skill, and this is where this mod comes in, for users that fall into the third category in terms of how they prefer their Sims gaining skills in the game.

Shiromisa 14th Sep 2012 8:43 AM

Oh my gosh you fixed spells! That was the only thing I was dissatisfied with in Supernatural. Thank you so much!

ninjette 14th Sep 2012 11:27 PM

seems like its going the same normal speed. Any book I read or anything, really slow still :/

gesimz 14th Sep 2012 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjette
seems like its going the same normal speed. Any book I read or anything, really slow still :/

Which version of the mod are you using? I ask because the lower speeds are more for those that only want a slight increase in speed so it seems like they're not using any mods to cheat as such.

If you are using the 75% version and its too slow for your liking, yet the Near Instant version is too fast, I could possibly upload (upon request) something like a 150% or 200% version which would be roughly 2x or 2.5x the speed of the 75% version.

Augustsim 15th Sep 2012 3:16 AM

First I want to thank you for sharing this with us. What a great idea! Right now I have Awesomemod installed but it doesn't seem like the slower skilling is working. My sim gained an entire cooking skill with one meal. I'm not sure if I should ask here or on MATY, but will this mod work with Awesomemod installed? My sims are gaining skills so fast that it's ruining the game a little for me. I like them to learn slowly lol, maybe strange but true.

So I went ahead and installed it. It is appearing in game. I love the fact that my broom skill is showing up. I installed the slowest version and went on my sim and had her cook a meal. She is at Cooking 2 and she gained almost half a bar with one meal. That seems really fast to me. Is the slowest intended that way?

Thank you in advance.

gesimz 15th Sep 2012 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustsim
First I want to thank you for sharing this with us. What a great idea! Right now I have Awesomemod installed but it doesn't seem like the slower skilling is working. My sim gained an entire cooking skill with one meal. I'm not sure if I should ask here or on MATY, but will this mod work with Awesomemod installed? My sims are gaining skills so fast that it's ruining the game a little for me. I like them to learn slowly lol, maybe strange but true.

So I went ahead and installed it. It is appearing in game. I love the fact that my broom skill is showing up. I installed the slowest version and went on my sim and had her cook a meal. She is at Cooking 2 and she gained almost half a bar with one meal. That seems really fast to me. Is the slowest intended that way?

Thank you in advance.

1) This mod won't conflict with Awesomemod as you have already found out;

2) The vast majority of users request faster skilling speeds which is why I focused on those but in terms of the slower speed mod specifically, it's .5 times slower compared to the normal time it takes. A regular meal without the mod at level 0 to 1, fills up 3/4 to nearly the entire bar. So it does reduce the speed to some degree. Have you seen what's it like at the higher levels? Things should slow down furthermore as you go higher up in skill level. But if you want something even slower, I could upload something like a 150% or 200% slow version, but if I do go ahead with that, I probably won't be able to have it up for at least a couple of days.

Augustsim 15th Sep 2012 4:23 AM

Slower would be great. I checked it without the mod and you're correct, it went up faster without it. So I'm just happy that it's going slower. If you have the time, a slower mod would be great. But if I'm a select few that's going to use it, I don't want to take up your time.

Thanks again and great job on this one.

Astuleae 15th Sep 2012 8:53 AM

I Love You

juniormints74 15th Sep 2012 6:51 PM

Thank you soooo very much! I usually have large sim families & it takes a long time to help them all with their skills so, this will be quite useful.

lollyjoyce 15th Sep 2012 9:57 PM

Hey,

This doesn't appear to work in my game.

It is patched to the latest release, I only had this mod in my mod folder and still nothing. :-(

Any guidance would be helpful!

gesimz 15th Sep 2012 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollyjoyce
Hey,

This doesn't appear to work in my game.

It is patched to the latest release, I only had this mod in my mod folder and still nothing. :-(

Any guidance would be helpful!

Have you followed the steps here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files and configured your game properly to accept mods?

lollyjoyce 16th Sep 2012 12:27 PM

I've tried it the new way and it will work if it is the only mod I use. Will investigate further and try and find a better way to organise my CC. Thanks :-)

shareallicu3 19th Sep 2012 10:35 PM

OMG You're AWESOME!! THANKS! I can't stand playing sims without this!

ninjette 19th Sep 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:
Which version of the mod are you using? I ask because the lower speeds are more for those that only want a slight increase in speed so it seems like they're not using any mods to cheat as such.

If you are using the 75% version and its too slow for your liking, yet the Near Instant version is too fast, I could possibly upload (upon request) something like a 150% or 200% version which would be roughly 2x or 2.5x the speed of the 75% version.

I tried 75% first, then I now have almost instant in there, not showing up...neither is one other mod from nraas. But all other clothes, hair and stuff is working. not really sure whats up.

bgpsbabygirl 21st Sep 2012 6:18 AM

You are a GEM. Thank you so much for this, and for the speedy update.

Zanster 21st Sep 2012 10:17 AM

Wow. nice mod I like it

gesimz 22nd Sep 2012 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustsim
Slower would be great. I checked it without the mod and you're correct, it went up faster without it. So I'm just happy that it's going slower. If you have the time, a slower mod would be great. But if I'm a select few that's going to use it, I don't want to take up your time.

Thanks again and great job on this one.

I have now added a version that (in theory) should make skilling takes 10 times as longer. Test it out and let me know how it goes.

gesimz 22nd Sep 2012 3:59 PM

Quote:
I tried 75% first, then I now have almost instant in there, not showing up...neither is one other mod from nraas. But all other clothes, hair and stuff is working. not really sure whats up.

It's strange because if your game is set up correctly to read mods: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files then normally, the mod should work fine without issue, unless there is something else out of the ordinary that's causing the issue.

You tried going through everything here to try and resolve the problem? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...s/Not%20Working

Asariel 24th Sep 2012 10:56 AM

Thankyou so much! :D
Is there any way I can stop my horses from gaining their skills fast? I like to train them up!

gesimz 24th Sep 2012 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asariel
Thankyou so much! :D
Is there any way I can stop my horses from gaining their skills fast? I like to train them up!

Which version of the mod are you using? I could add a specific version that excludes Pet Skills from being sped up if requested.

ninjette 26th Sep 2012 9:15 PM

Quote:
It's strange because if your game is set up correctly to read mods: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files then normally, the mod should work fine without issue, unless there is something else out of the ordinary that's causing the issue.

You tried going through everything here to try and resolve the problem? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...s/Not%20Working

Yea, I am not new at this either, I have been modding the sims since there was mods out.
That is why I do not understand the issue..literally everything in the package folder works correctly except this one, and the debugenabler.

gesimz 26th Sep 2012 9:59 PM

Quote:
Yea, I am not new at this either, I have been modding the sims since there was mods out.
That is why I do not understand the issue..literally everything in the package folder works correctly except this one, and the debugenabler.

You tried using the Dashboard tool: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 to see if there is a problem in terms of conflicts? Do you have a 2nd tuning mod file in your .packages file that also edits the Skills XML file?

splinterstar 29th Sep 2012 11:01 PM

I downloaded and tried this mod out fine, but I noticed a huge problem. I adore simbots and converted an entire town into them. Simbots, ghosts, and mummies seem to be unable to gain any skills at all from the mod. So it was a great problem when my entire town was no longer gaining any skills. Worked for all other types of sims, but just not the ones I have many of.

gesimz 30th Sep 2012 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterstar
I downloaded and tried this mod out fine, but I noticed a huge problem. I adore simbots and converted an entire town into them. Simbots, ghosts, and mummies seem to be unable to gain any skills at all from the mod. So it was a great problem when my entire town was no longer gaining any skills. Worked for all other types of sims, but just not the ones I have many of.

Which version were you using in particular?

Also, what method are you obtaining the Occults, Twallans Master Controller, Treeags SimTransformer or another way and what skills did you try in particular?

I'll post my results for testing based on the 90%FasterSkills+HiddenSkills version:

EDIT 1: Tested Occult Mummies, seem to level up and gain skill fine with the objects I tested with.
EDIT 2: Tested Occult Ghosts, seem to level up and gain skill fine with the objects I tested with.
EDIT 3: Tested Occult Simbots, seem to level up and gain skill fine with the objects I tested with.

However, from my testing, I have noticed an issue with one of the objects, the Dart Board from Late Night. The Skill bar appears but the skill does not appear when the skill is unhidden and you progress to the next level. I'm going to test this with a standalone hidden skills unlocked mod to see whether the issue occurs there also.

EDIT 4: Testing the Dart Board with a Hidden Skills unlocked only mod, it was confirmed that there definitely seems to be a problem with the Dart Board that isn't related to my mod.

NeonSim 7th Oct 2012 9:27 AM

this mod doesnt seem to work properly. it doesnt calculate the skill level properly. for example....my sim will have level 6 cooking and the message will pop up and say she has level 8!!! it will tell me she maxed out her cooking skill but in the menu it only shows her having level 7 and she cant progress any further. after the sims skill bar fills up it doesnt empty again...it starts from half full and sometimes im notified that they have gained another skill before the bar has even been filled.....

btw im up tocdate with all patches and i dont have any other skill mods

gesimz 7th Oct 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSim
this mod doesnt seem to work properly. it doesnt calculate the skill level properly. for example....my sim will have level 6 cooking and the message will pop up and say she has level 8!!! it will tell me she maxed out her cooking skill but in the menu it only shows her having level 7 and she cant progress any further. after the sims skill bar fills up it doesnt empty again...it starts from half full and sometimes im notified that they have gained another skill before the bar has even been filled.....

btw im up tocdate with all patches and i dont have any other skill mods

Which version are you using specifically?

The erratic skill bar filling is a normal symptom with this kind of mod that alters the time it takes to progress to another level in a certain skill (particularly when you are using one of the fastest variants of the mod).

However, the cooking skill only showing a certain level of skill (i.e. level 7) and not going up/being able to progress any more in the Skills menu seems odd.

Tell me which version you're using so I can look into and see if there's an issue.

phillid8 11th Oct 2012 2:36 PM

A million thanks! I have been waiting for an update to this mod forever! It is so much better not waiting forever and a day to increase a skill

Bruxinha18 18th Oct 2012 5:54 PM

Does this work with your faster inventig/sculpting/nectar making? I love those but it would be great if I could use them all together or at least with the nectar options (suish+pushbutton+runtime+morebottlesx10)!!
Thanks for all our great mods!

gesimz 20th Oct 2012 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruxinha18
Does this work with your faster inventig/sculpting/nectar making? I love those but it would be great if I could use them all together or at least with the nectar options (suish+pushbutton+runtime+morebottlesx10)!!
Thanks for all our great mods!

They edit different resources, so the Faster Skills, Inventing and Nectar Making mods can all be used at the same time without issue.

Bruxinha18 24th Oct 2012 11:45 PM

Thanks!

Simsmaniac998 28th Oct 2012 6:24 PM

You are the

poetessmo822 29th Oct 2012 8:27 PM

are u going to update this mode for game update 1.42? i hope so.

gesimz 30th Oct 2012 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetessmo822
are u going to update this mode for game update 1.42? i hope so.

Thanks for the heads up RE: the new patch.

Yes, I intend to update it for the new patch.

gesimz 30th Oct 2012 4:14 AM

All 14 files have now been updated (took me less time than expected) and should be compatible with Seasons/1.42 and the new skills of Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving (if using a hidden skills unlocked variant right now) upon release.

visa2012 2nd Nov 2012 4:13 PM

Quote:
All 14 files have now been updated (took me less time than expected) and should be compatible with Seasons/1.42 and the new skills of Skating, Snowboarding, Horseshoes, BallFighting and Diving (if using a hidden skills unlocked variant right now) upon release.

First, i want to thank you for this mod
second, it is not working with 1.42, my sim keeps reseting when use the diving board for the second time , i am sure this mod is the cause of the problem, i remove the mod and everthing return to normal

phillid8 2nd Nov 2012 8:48 PM

Works great!!! So glad there is an updated mod to this! I hate waiting around forever trying to increase skills!!!! Kudos! Great mod!!

~Desiree~

gesimz 2nd Nov 2012 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visa2012
First, i want to thank you for this mod
second, it is not working with 1.42, my sim keeps reseting when use the diving board for the second time , i am sure this mod is the cause of the problem, i remove the mod and everthing return to normal

EDIT: Just made a discovery. Check this post for details: http://www.modthesims.info/download...226#post3998226 (i.e. the post directly below)

gesimz 2nd Nov 2012 11:00 PM

I've just noticed a small typo will the diving code. Prior to Seasons, it used to be set to level 5 in the file in terms of the maximum skill level you could reach with diving.

Now, the maximum level you can progress now with the Skill is only level 2.

So its the number 5 (rather than 2) that is probably causing the issues with the diving board because the game (with this mod) is being instructed to proceed up another level yet there isn't code for those extra 3 levels which would probably be causing the interaction to not work properly.

I'll fix this now.

gesimz 2nd Nov 2012 11:28 PM

UPDATE: 02/11/12 - RE-DOWNLOAD (if you downloaded the updated version between 31/10/12 and 2/10/12), have corrected an issue that might have been causing the diving board to not work properly after one use.

vulpix94 7th Nov 2012 9:14 PM

Thank you very much :D

Garratte26 7th Nov 2012 9:49 PM

I cannot get it to work after I did the last update ... even after I downloaded the new version... Its a great mod though I just do not know what I did wrong

gesimz 8th Nov 2012 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garratte26
I cannot get it to work after I did the last update ... even after I downloaded the new version... Its a great mod though I just do not know what I did wrong

Have you set your game up correctly to read mods?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files

Garratte26 8th Nov 2012 7:30 PM

Yes im using other mods also, And I have not put any other mod that alters the skills or books in the folder.

gesimz 9th Nov 2012 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garratte26
Yes im using other mods also, And I have not put any other mod that alters the skills or books in the folder.

Tell me which version you're trying to use, i'll check to see if there's a problem with the file.

astrouran 9th Nov 2012 5:05 AM

Im not familiar with this mod so sorry for my question...does this work with the toddler skills (walk, talk etc)

gesimz 9th Nov 2012 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrouran
Im not familiar with this mod so sorry for my question...does this work with the toddler skills (walk, talk etc)

Yes, the mod applies to all skills that can be learnt in the game for all Sim ages.

Garratte26 10th Nov 2012 1:48 AM

Ok thanks and Ill try a different one to see if its just something I did

Garratte26 10th Nov 2012 2:39 AM

yea its not working either Im starting to think i did something wrong. It was a great mod before I applied the patch

gesimz 11th Nov 2012 12:20 PM

Looks like the Gambling skill can't be sped up for some reason.

Blondiie18 11th Nov 2012 6:43 PM

Wow! Thank you!!! :D

sweetbamagirl 15th Nov 2012 11:29 AM

Will this mod work with version number 16.0.136.019017 Cause I'm trying to use it and there are no books either in bookcase or in book store. I have no other skilling mods and have checked all mods for conflict...removing and installing a few at a time.

gesimz 15th Nov 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbamagirl
Will this mod work with version number 16.0.136.019017 Cause I'm trying to use it and there are no books either in bookcase or in book store. I have no other skilling mods and have checked all mods for conflict...removing and installing a few at a time.

Strange. This mod is completely unrelated to books and shouldn't be causing books to disappear. I'll re-check in my game to see if such an issue exists in my game also.

gomacey 16th Nov 2012 12:58 PM

Well, I updated this mod to my seasons one, and now instead of glitching out they now run around the skating rink D : (Humans work.. Vampires and Pixies..Don't..)

jad0446 21st Nov 2012 11:43 AM

Just to get some clarification...is this now working with Seasons 1.42?
This is one of my favorite mods, however I don't have time to sort through gigs of stuff if it glitches.

xkeyboardwarriorx 23rd Nov 2012 12:16 AM

This might sound dumb, but once you download this mod, how do you use it? Is it automatic, or do you have to type something in shift+ctrl+c? Right click anything? Sorrrry.

jad0446 23rd Nov 2012 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeyboardwarriorx
This might sound dumb, but once you download this mod, how do you use it? Is it automatic, or do you have to type something in shift+ctrl+c? Right click anything? Sorrrry.

It's a mod that just works on it's own. No cheats needed.

Though nobody has confirmed yet if it's working with latest patch/Seasons.

ML4Y 23rd Nov 2012 4:57 PM

Didn't work.

gatecrazy 24th Nov 2012 1:15 AM

Yeah I don't think it's working correctly. On the hidden skills my sims gets to level 5 and then all of a sudden it says it's maxed but it's not. It still shows up as level 5 in the skill journal. BTW I have all expansion packs and I'm running on the latest patch.

gesimz 24th Nov 2012 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatecrazy
Yeah I don't think it's working correctly. On the hidden skills my sims gets to level 5 and then all of a sudden it says it's maxed but it's not. It still shows up as level 5 in the skill journal. BTW I have all expansion packs and I'm running on the latest patch.

Certain hidden skills do NOT have 10 levels of skill. This is normal.

For the seasons skills specifically:

Diving (hidden skill) only has a maximum of 2 levels;
Skating (hidden skill) only has a maximum of 6 levels;
Snowboarding (hidden skill) only has a maximum of 2 levels; and
Ballfighting (Snowball and Waterbomb hidden skill) only has a maximum of 3 levels;

Horseshoes is the only skill of the 5 introduced in Seasons that has all 10 levels.

===

On another note, I seem to be getting mixed messages as to whether this mod works or not. Although it seems to work fine in my game, i'm in the process of manually re-doing all the versions of the mod and should re-upload them by the end of the weekend.

The one skill though that can't seem to be tuned is the Gambling skill. Not sure why, but there seems to be no way to get the skill meter to fill any quicker with the Gambling skill via tuning.

fftamfan 26th Nov 2012 9:31 PM

Does this mod work on toddlers eg. reading books faster? I have installed the 50% faster and it seems its not going as fast as its adults sims.

xcholex 26th Nov 2012 11:01 PM

Is there a just Hidden skills mod available for download? With no faster/slower learning ?

Never mind! Found it. Was part of your post, sorry sorry, my bad for not reading like i should

rabies 28th Nov 2012 9:19 AM

This doesn't seem to work with playing with magic anymore it worked in 1.38 but 1.42 doesn't D:

gesimz 28th Nov 2012 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies
This doesn't seem to work with playing with magic anymore it worked in 1.38 but 1.42 doesn't D:

Tell me which version you're using and i'll look into it.

rabies 29th Nov 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:
Tell me which version you're using and i'll look into it.

I'm using "gesimz90% FasterSkills+HiddenSkills" thank you

catalina_45 6th Dec 2012 6:23 PM

Quote:
The one skill though that can't seem to be tuned is the Gambling skill. Not sure why, but there seems to be no way to get the skill meter to fill any quicker with the Gambling skill via tuning.

It is in everyday life. A player's true form with a lot of work. You have to play well to get to win.

cnhubbs 9th Dec 2012 11:31 PM

I loved this mod and it worked fine until I downloaded Twallan's Custom Careers now it doesn't work anymore. I have the 75% Faster and Hidden Skills mod in my game. I also have the no maternity leave mod as well. Oh yeah I have the base game and Ambitions

Melalicious83 10th Dec 2012 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbamagirl

The issue that your having may not have anything to do with this skills mod, by any chance have you got the Harry Potter books mod installed if so that's most likely what's causing your problems in regards to the no book in the book shelf or book store.

I was experiencing the same problem and when I contacted the guy that made the Harry Potter books mod he quickly checked it out and found that some of the files in this mod weren't compatible with 1.42 causing books not to show up in book store or bookshelf.

If you have the Harry Potter books mod installed all you have to do is remove it and you'll find that you'll be able to place books back into your book shelf and the books will return back in the books store as well.

Melalicious83 10th Dec 2012 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnhubbs
I loved this mod and it worked fine until I downloaded Twallan's Custom Careers now it doesn't work anymore. I have the 75% Faster and Hidden Skills mod in my game. I also have the no maternity leave mod as well. Oh yeah I have the base game and Ambitions

That's really strange, have you made sure that all the mods have been updated to make them compatible with the 1.42 patch? I have exactly the same mods (plus others) you've mentioned and I don't have any problems with it.