Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 7:46 PM
They might start paying for each furniture you use? It's not enough just buying the chair from the Store online, you actually need to pay money to place it in your sims homes!
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 8:07 PM
The photo is kind of a misrepresentation as it's a facebook game. IN THE SIMS SOCIAL, You can buy gold simoleons for real life money, but you also get them quite often through questing and completing tasks. The blue ones are earned less often and you do have to buy them if you run out. So it was entirely possible to buy those rug recolors without spending money.
Theorist
#53 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 9:07 PM
Ummm, I think the point is that they are selling recolors? Yes, it's a different game - I didn't see where anyone said it wasn't. But the fact is that they are selling recolors, no matter how a player can go about earning some kind of currency to purchase them. It's not beyond comprehension to imagine them doing the same in TS4?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#54 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:13 PM
Yeah, but could easily cause a stir over absolutely nothing. I know a lot of the people here hate EA so much and are so ticked that CASt was overlooked for the game but there's no reason to show Sims Social and say "this is our future!"

If we've learned anything from the crazy news cycle .. anything we say here can be taken out of context and re-posted on a "news" site for views.
Instructor
#55 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 8:58 PM
Regarding DLC and microtransactions, I think that many people (not here really, but on the BBS) don't realize that Sims 4 already has DLC. I think it's something like Up All Night for 'deluxe' and Life of the Party for the 'premium' edition. Funny though, they could share info and renders about the DLC over a year before the game's release but we still don't know virtually anything important about the game 6 months from its launch (not to mention the fact that the game itself seems isn't finished, but the DLC is evidently finalized). As long as it earns EA money.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:18 PM
My biggest fear for sims 4 is they will do their best so that modding the game will be difficult for people to do. So they won't get the competition from third party content.

Kofforda<3
"""""""""""""""
Mad Poster
#57 Old 4th May 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kofforda
My biggest fear for sims 4 is they will do their best so that modding the game will be difficult for people to do. So they won't get the competition from third party content.

This

There are four main considerations before I even look at this game:

1. Will it be a massive fireball if I try to play it on my computer?
2. Is there anything else about the DRM we don't know about yet that might bite us in the butt in the future? Yes, it appears we'll have to use Origin, and that concerns me already, but anything else?
3. Can people outside of EA make free CC without having to sacrifice a young goat? I like goats.
4. How much content will we be given for free in the EPs and SPs, and how much will be hawked in the store?

If any of these is a problem, I'm not even going to waste my time considering this game, let alone buying it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#58 Old 4th May 2014 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
4. How much content will we be given for free in the EPs and SPs, and how much will be hawked in the store?

The EPs/SPs have never been free. It's just more overpriced in the Store.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#59 Old 5th May 2014 at 12:11 AM Last edited by gazania : 5th May 2014 at 12:55 AM.
You're right. I meant how much content will COME with the EPs and SPs.

The day EA gives us free stuff is the day when I will bring an umbrella to protect me from pig droppings, or wear my snow boots in July.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#60 Old 5th May 2014 at 11:46 AM
Uh-huh - they did give us free stuff at one time <remembers TS1>

Sigh - such a shame how things have developed.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#61 Old 5th May 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Uh-huh - they did give us free stuff at one time <remembers TS1>

Sigh - such a shame how things have developed.

I recall a few freebies in Sims 2 as well; mostly in the earlier days (the pre-BV era). Some were items that the maxoids put on the EA site. There were a couple of holiday items (before .... gasp .... the holidays SP), a car or two, music .... stuff like that.

While yes, in Sims 2, you'd get certain other freebies if you bought at a certain store, that approach stank. As insistent as I am about trying to get physical copies of this series, even I wouldn't buy two or three versions of the same EP just to get the couple of "exclusive" downloads on each of them. No freaking way. It was a good thing a couple of people ... errr ... took care of that discrepancy.

You would think that in a market where PC games are shrinking in general, companies would put out more free enticements. Yes, pirates could get them, but it would at least show that these companies are trying to appeal to the customer, and that might at least convince some of the "on the fence" would-be pirates to get the game online or in the store. (There is very little that will convince more hard-core pirates to buy a game.) A company's image is very important.

If I were a big-shot EA person, I would have pressed to put MORE free shinies, including content, in Sims 4. You are trying to woo both Sims 2 AND Sims 3 players. EA should have been busting its butt off to make this game so incredibly different and appealing that even the more devout Sims 2 and Sims 3 aficionados would give this game a glance. The alleged release date is only a few months away. EA's sales haven't been doing that well and it has a lousy reputation. It's been making misstep after misstep. Sims 3 was the game that should have made Sims 2 such a memory, yet ten years after the base game, there is still a smaller but solid percentage who stayed with 2. This series is a big money-maker for EA, and I can't see how the SImCity debacle helped EA in the slightest. I still can't figure out EA's development and marketing approach with Sims 4. I still can't.

Page 3 of 3