Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaSTable Building Shell Replacements

by AussomeDays Posted 30th Jan 2015 at 12:11 PM - Updated 14th Dec 2015 at 7:44 PM by AussomeDays : Updated script

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:57 PM
Thanks! A really nice replacemnt.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 4:28 PM
This is great! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 4:02 PM
Nice!!! Now I can recolored them how ever I want. Thank you so much. I am reforming the Bridgeport world right now, this would help a lot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:03 PM
You. Are. AWESOME!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 9:05 PM
Oh my god, this is just what my game needed! Now I'll finally be able to match the shorter buildings with the skyscrapers!
And thank you for the white box fix as well, it was driving me nuts how I had to remember which shells did that.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:03 AM
I've been waiting for this for a really long time!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:38 AM
thank you so much for this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:22 PM
YES! ^0^ Omg you're a miracle worker; thank you! :lovestruc I HATE the colors of the LN highrises; this is perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 12:47 AM
Holy crap!!! This is seriously the best. 💜
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM
Thank you so much! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 8:00 PM Last edited by Supriti : 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:12 PM.
I cannot thank you enough , I was so frustrated not being able to change the outside colors now bridgeport which is my favorite city and I do have all expansion's will be gorgeous, totally redoing the whole city now !!! 10 Thumbs Up for this one !!! I put this in my game, I have all expansions except katie perry sweet treats, I have a lot of sims 3 store stuff and I could not get this to work properly, I could change the color of the shell if i put it on a lot by itself but the lag it caused was tremendous, I could not build, so i tried to put it over the building and that did not work either :( I had high hopes of coloring buildings and getting it to work but it does not work well in my game , anyone else having any issues ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:44 PM Last edited by AussomeDays : 1st Mar 2015 at 2:56 AM.
Default Additional Shells Added
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the nice comments. Hope they've been working ok for ya. Just wanted to let you know that I've updated the topic with the remaining Shells. Let me know if you run into any unusual problems.

Cheers!

Amanda

Oops....forgot to mention the main post has also been updated with info relevant to the new additions. Be sure to take a look, especially if you run into something more unusual than normal. Some of these quirky buggers were a real nightmare, I say, nightmare...lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 10:33 PM
Great work! I'm speechless, this is plain awesome! Many many thanks for this, Bridgeport will look much better from now on :D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 7:56 PM
Stuck!
I'm stuck. Whenever I put down a recolourable Bridgeport High-rise Apartment Shell, it takes forever to construct the building, so I can't recolor it. Please help me, because the default shells are rubbish!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HelloSims324
I'm stuck. Whenever I put down a recolourable Bridgeport High-rise Apartment Shell, it takes forever to construct the building, so I can't recolor it. Please help me, because the default shells are rubbish!

Hi,
After placing, it should only take a few seconds at most to finish putting the entire building together, at which point you can recolour by clicking on different areas.

If you're only seeing one part and nothing else happens, it sounds like the script could be missing. Did you remember to download that as well (ShellAssemblyScript.rar - the very first file on the download list) ? If you have the script, you can try deleting the scriptCache.package so that a new one will generate.

Also, since EA designed them to auto-hide everything but the foundation when on the ground level, you can Ctrl-Shift Click on the foundation, Toggle Building Display - Show Full Building. It's been a while, but I remember these had to be handled a bit differently than the normal rabbits.

Other than that, I can't think of any other reason that things wouldn't work. Let me know if this gets things sorted for ya!

Amanda
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AussomeDays
Hi,
After placing, it should only take a few seconds at most to finish putting the entire building together, at which point you can recolour by clicking on different areas.

If you're only seeing one part and nothing else happens, it sounds like the script could be missing. Did you remember to download that as well (ShellAssemblyScript.rar - the very first file on the download list) ? If you have the script, you can try deleting the scriptCache.package so that a new one will generate.

Also, since EA designed them to auto-hide everything but the foundation when on the ground level, you can Ctrl-Shift Click on the foundation, Toggle Building Display - Show Full Building. It's been a while, but I remember these had to be handled a bit differently than the normal rabbits.

Other than that, I can't think of any other reason that things wouldn't work. Let me know if this gets things sorted for ya!

Amanda

Okay, found it!
I can't thank you enough. The previous Bridgeport Shells were too ugly. Now, I have this awesome mod, I can recolor them and have a bright, metropolitan city 100 thumbs up for this creation

Also, I've downloaded your Rabbit Hole replacements, and I've worked on them a little bit. I wanted to make some custom buildable shells, but I never succeed Can you tell me, how did you done this? It might help.
Thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HelloSims324
Okay, found it!
I can't thank you enough. The previous Bridgeport Shells were too ugly. Now, I have this awesome mod, I can recolor them and have a bright, metropolitan city 100 thumbs up for this creation

Also, I've downloaded your Rabbit Hole replacements, and I've worked on them a little bit. I wanted to make some custom buildable shells, but I never succeed Can you tell me, how did you done this? It might help.
Thanks in advance

It's been a while, but I remember the main thing was to create new parts for individual mesh groups inside the main MLOD and then delete from that the ones that you recreated. A script had to be made to attach all those new parts to what was left of the original (hopefully not messing up something else). New textures, etc. had to be done for all the new stuff. It definitely kept me busy!

I'm glad you got the shells working. It's nice to be able to change from dull city to more bright or colourful. Thanks for keeping me up to date!

Amanda
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:23 PM Last edited by HelloSims324 : 29th Jan 2017 at 8:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AussomeDays
It's been a while, but I remember the main thing was to create new parts for individual mesh groups inside the main MLOD and then delete from that the ones that you recreated. A script had to be made to attach all those new parts to what was left of the original (hopefully not messing up something else). New textures, etc. had to be done for all the new stuff. It definitely kept me busy!

I'm glad you got the shells working. It's nice to be able to change from dull city to more bright or colourful. Thanks for keeping me up to date!

Amanda

I'm very glad too. Basically my world is a remodel of Bridgeport, which is one of my favorite town. Combined this with my mods and other masterpieces, my world will be available shortly. And thanks for the info. This moved my brain so much, and maybe I will get the Roaring Heights Rabbit holes to work, because they are looking good. You'll have a special place in my world. I'll even make a statue/painting of your thumbnail
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 11:24 PM
So, I may be a bit late, but this thread seems to have "somewhat" recent activity...
1: How did you do this? I want to learn how to edit/replace/add new building shells for a dystopia futuristic world I am working on and some of these pictures are pretty much just what I want (lots of flashy lights on tall things...)
2: Any plans to add new (fresh, custom models) shells to this collection? Or a new collection for those?
Nice work by the way! I found this by Googling "Sims 3 Custom Building Shells" and scrolling down for about five straight minutes on Images and finally had something catch my attention which was the first two images on this page: lots of bright purple, green, red, and white lights on tall buildings!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bobgrey1997
So, I may be a bit late, but this thread seems to have "somewhat" recent activity...
1: How did you do this? I want to learn how to edit/replace/add new building shells for a dystopia futuristic world I am working on and some of these pictures are pretty much just what I want (lots of flashy lights on tall things...)
2: Any plans to add new (fresh, custom models) shells to this collection? Or a new collection for those?
Nice work by the way! I found this by Googling "Sims 3 Custom Building Shells" and scrolling down for about five straight minutes on Images and finally had something catch my attention which was the first two images on this page: lots of bright purple, green, red, and white lights on tall buildings!

Hi,

Sorry for delay. I basically just used tutorials I found on various Sims sites and occasionally received guidance from other active modders when I ran into a problem. My main tools were S3PE and s3oc. It was just a lot of experimenting until things made sense to me. My primary goal was to just add recolouring capabilities to already existing game objects. My husband dealt more with script code and stuff like that.

For the past year or so, we have been just overwhelmed with real life stuff and haven't had time to pursue any new projects. Hopefully, things will eventually slow down enough for us to maybe do some additional things. Sim modding is one of our favourite hobbies. The tutorials on this site are definitely the best place to get started.

Amanda
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 8:56 PM
Alright. That actually sounds helpful. Not only am I trying to learn Sims files, but also trying to learn 3D modeling as well as scripting and modding for several other games! Thank you and good luck with the busyness...
Also, could you possibly link to some tutorials for me? (Or send me some links)
I still have trouble navigating these Sims sites, even after visiting them on occasion over the years.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobgrey1997
Alright. That actually sounds helpful. Not only am I trying to learn Sims files, but also trying to learn 3D modeling as well as scripting and modding for several other games! Thank you and good luck with the busyness...
Also, could you possibly link to some tutorials for me? (Or send me some links)
I still have trouble navigating these Sims sites, even after visiting them on occasion over the years.

The Sims wiki is probably the best place. There's lots of great info here, and it's organised really well. Link should be:

Sims 3 Wiki Main Page

Good luck with your projects!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 1:11 PM
This is amazing! I have one question though, because I couldn't find the answer in the thread - will those pack with the world? I want to use them in a custom world of mine and send it to my boyfriend to test it - will the buildings show up in his game or will he need to download these files?
Thanks for making CASTable shells real, it really changes the world of world-making
Page 1 of 2