Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:16 AM
Default Won't launch after merged files
HI all - Not sure if its the right thread im posting this!

My sims game works just fine - a little slow, with my cc installed.
I tried to merge som files, but then the game wont start at all.

Any idea why?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:31 PM
Most likely because you merged files.... What files did you merge?
Have you taken out your mods folder and tried the game without the mods folder to see if it works?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 1:12 PM
I put my CC in folders, so trying to merge them like:
Dining chairs in one package
Rugs in another
and so on.

The game works without the cc and mods, also with them before i try to merge them together.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:10 AM
I would say you have an out of date mod then.... You need to take all mods out (leave cc in) and test game. If it works then add half mods back and test game.
If it wont load then you know its a mod in that half.....Process of elimination really to find which one.
If it loads then take out those mods and place them somewhere. You will then need to use a process of elimination on the other half to see which mod is causing you a problem.
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:37 PM
do you mean actually merge? or do you mean group them in the same folder? also not recommend to merge mods (actual merge)
Deceased
#6 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
do you mean actually merge? or do you mean group them in the same folder? also not recommend to merge mods (actual merge)

This is a good point, and a "combined" mod (one with both a package and a script) can have loading dependencies, for example either the package or the script must load before the other. If the order they are loaded gets changed because the package has been merged with another then the mod can cause a complete game failure (infinite load, exit back to world screen, etc)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000

I mean merge them together.
I can some of them to work, when merged. The rest i will leave as they are.