Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 6:12 PM
Default Sims 3 crash and CLA update 1.69
Hi.

Since several days, my Sims 3 is crashing when I want to go to my family : It stays so much time at the loading screen and then crash.

So I used CLA but as a lot of you probably know, even with the fixed version, it gives the same thing :

"[WARNING WRONG EXE] 26/09/2016 22:11:16
Message: Incorrect Executable - Expecting: ts3w.exe, Got: TS3.exe."

I can't play since one week now. What sould I do ? Once and for all, help me to solved this problem please..
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 11:59 PM
This almost sounds like a mod conflict or game corruption but we're going to need a little more information to be able to assess your issue and offer some suggestions for resolution.

Are you on a PC or MAC? What are your System Specs? It might be helpful if you post your device config stats.
You indicated you are on 1.69. Did you just update or have you been able to play with no problems after installing 1.69? I ask because 1.69 requires Core Mod updates as detailed Here In The 1.69 Document

Are you able to load the game but not the current world you are playing in?

Have you tried removing your Mods folder to your desktop and see if the game will load and play?

If this happens with all worlds you play have you tried running a clean game by putting your game folder on your desktop or renaming the current The Sims 3 to something like The Sims 3 Original. Start a new game and The Sims 3 folder will be recreated. Try playing a world that way.

Do you have NRaas Overwatch and/or Error Trap installed and if you do are you seeing script errors in the Game Folder? Script Errors can be uploaded over at NRaas for someone to read as the scripts might provide an answer why you are having issues.

What steps, if any (besides the CLA which reportedly even the updated CLA is not working with 1.69) have you tried to fix the problem?

Once you've posted your responses we can take a look at other steps to take going forward.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 4:00 PM
One more thing to add, if I may. As you are on Patch 1.69, you need to make sure every EP you intend to have in play stays selected (checkboxed) on the Launcher's EP chooser tab. It will tend to "forget" selections in between game sessions. Once an ongoing game has seen certain EPs, it cannot be loaded or played without them in place.