Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:08 PM
Tips & Tricks for starting a Sims 1 Play-through Series on YouTube?
About a year ago, I started a Sims 1 gaming/play through series on YouTube but it hasn't gotten many views so I kind of discontinued it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...nQ4vKdEyiSO8bVm

But, I really want to start a new one, and make it about me living with my uncle, and a bunch of random stuff happens with us.
Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to make it more interesting? With my first Sims 1 gaming series, I literally recorded and posting EVERYTHING and EVERYDAY that happened with the one family it focused on. Do you think that's why it didn't get many views?
I was planning on having each episode of my new Sims 1 gaming series have a specific objective, like getting magic ingredients, becoming a super star, or adopting a pet.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to make it get more views and become successful?
Please help :lovestruc
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 6:29 AM
I tried my hand at a series of Let's Play models a few years back, both focusing on The Sims and The Sims 2. For whichever reason, I found that the series focused around Sims 2 was getting twice as many views. Now, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't go ahead and make one of The Sims, but what I found is most popular Sims 1 Let's Play videos tend to have a big focus on Makin' Magic. It's only an observation, but maybe a lot of people found that to be their favourite pack, and find it more enjoyable than say Superstar or just the base game for example.

I never really dabbled much with Makin' Magic, so I wouldn't be able to provide any tips on the actual expansion. But perhaps having a strong focus on that EP will garner some attention. Like you said above, having a certain goal or objective per episode is a good idea. It might be something you want to incorporate into the title of each episode, like "Spell Making" or "Magic Dueling", something related to the main theme or big event that occurred in the episode itself.

Although it might seem difficult at first, don't give up! Best of luck with the series!
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th May 2015 at 7:28 PM
Don't focus on making a "successful" series is the best advice I can give you. Play the game your way and enjoy it. People will watch and if they like your commentary and/or gameplay style subscribe as a result.

The best Let's Players don't usually go out of there way to be so, they just recorded shizz and expressed themselves in their own way.

Also: SOCIAL NETWORKING. Get your name out there by working with other LPers, posting on The Sims 1 boards and, if you want, advertise etc.