Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 1:21 PM
Default In Memory of the old Exchange Photo Album Stories <3
I miss them so much, I would always come home from school and read the latest stories on the old sims 1 website before loading up my game.... 2003 was a sweet time~

This is what it used to look like (ty wayback machine)

I just wonder who else still remembers all the stories on there~~ I used to love this one series about a homeless woman or smth and it was like a rags to riches story ??? (I think it was called Maggie Malone or smth)

There was another one with a little girl called Savannah and then there was a creator who posted a lot of stories I like on there called like Avery or Aviary or smth similar.

It's a pretty big stretch to see if there is a copy of the exchange photo albums freely available as an archive or smth but I at least want to know how many other people used to love reading all the stories and the old sims website~~ it was a great place to be creative and it really inspired me to make some of my own (which i never shared tho, damn..)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 9:05 PM
I loved reading exchange stories. That's how I became addicted to custom content...seeing other people's cool stuff.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by selfmadequeen
I loved reading exchange stories. That's how I became addicted to custom content...seeing other people's cool stuff.

Same here~ seeing all that cool cc turned me into an addict. I can't play without it anymore haha~
Scholar
#4 Old 5th May 2016 at 8:33 AM
I didn't know of the stories specifically, but seeing the old website certainly is nostalgic.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th May 2016 at 4:33 PM
Woow, the memories, that's very very nostalgic.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2016 at 1:30 PM
Are a couple of those CC sites on that page even around anymore? Well, TSR is (good or bad), but ...

My MalwareBytes blocks The Well-Dressed Sim. So much for that one. According to Peni, Persimmon Grove is still around, though.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#7 Old 12th May 2016 at 12:00 PM
I remember when there were messages that popped up about how good or bad a house exterior was decorated.
One time I downloaded a house that went up in flames as soon as it hit live mode. There was a child inside with furniture blocking the bedroom door so she couldn't get out. No other sims were on that lot.
Kids didn't have to go to school, there was an option on the computer where they could study to keep their grades up, which actually took the same amount of time to finish as it did if they just went to school. Putting trash bins all over the house kept the maid there til late evening when she would finally leave without finishing. I learned rather quickly that no bins meant no trash to take out. Also, no matter how well you hid the 'magic fruitcake', she always found it and added it to the trash. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th May 2016 at 10:05 PM
I always loved that i could create web pages for my sims.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th May 2016 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I always loved that i could create web pages for my sims.

Wow. I totally forgot about this! :lovestruc Good times!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Are a couple of those CC sites on that page even around anymore? Well, TSR is (good or bad), but ...

My MalwareBytes blocks The Well-Dressed Sim. So much for that one. According to Peni, Persimmon Grove is still around, though.

Persimmon Grove is certainly still up! It is here~

7 Deadly Sims is also still running. Don't know about any others on the full fansite list though.

Here's a list of some TS1 sites I use that are still up and running (as of June 2016)
Simlogical
Parsimonious
Around The Sims
OddSim
Some Sim Things
Moon Sims
Dincer Hepguler
Secret Society of the Woobsha
Magic Sims
Gnohmon
Skins by JillD
Corry's Factory
Apollo Star
Simcredible Designs

Here's hoping that these ones stay online a while longer haha~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:12 PM
I also found a site which archived the old stuff offered for download on the original Sims website's Get Cool Stuff section, like File Cop and the magic ingredient bookcase.

Link here~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 6:11 AM
I vaguely remember reading so many stories on here and the sims 2 site as well. I made so many little stories on there, I wish I could go back and save them!

you and me together, we were gemini feed
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 6:25 AM
Thanks to SimEchoes for they still have the Sims 1 families for downloading that was on EA's Sims 1 site plus a whole lot more Sims 1 downloads. http://www.simechoes.org/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Thanks to SimEchoes for they still have the Sims 1 families for downloading that was on EA's Sims 1 site plus a whole lot more Sims 1 downloads. http://www.simechoes.org/

@marka93 this is amazing!!!!! there are a couple of stories on there too that the people who run the site managed to save, mainly their own~

There must be a full archive in existence somewhere, after all they like to tell us when we're in school that anything you put on the internet is there forever.... still hoping <3

If EAxis see this (highly doubt it but maybe there will be a blue moon tonight), if you have the archives just put a download up already