Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:14 PM
Default Getting an Apple Remote to work on Intel Nuc?
Hello everyone.
I own an Intel Nuc (System info says Intel Celeron CPU N2820 2.13GHZ 4GBRAM), and I use a wireless microsoft keyboard that is connected to the computer through an usb thing that I assume works as an IR receiver.
I was wondering if my my Apple remote could be linked to the same IR receiver the keyboard uses, and enable me to use the remote instead of the keyboard when using my favorite media theater app. I have seen a few tutorial on google but the language they used is way out of my league

Thanks!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:14 AM
Found this link, does it help? http://ucla.jamesyxu.com/?p=208
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2015 at 7:27 AM
Thank you @ajaxsirius, unfortunately it seems that the poster had Windows 7 installed on a Mac, therefore having Apple IR receiver hardware. I had read a similar tutorial concerning a Mac Mini, but it's a little more complicated on non-Apple hardware (my Microsoft keyboard eHome IR receiver). Apparently its functions are not as easy to tweak :/

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.