Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrRoc
Yeah... Not authorised to view the page and it seems you have to register via one of a few e-mail accounts...

"If you have a Verizon.net, Att.com, Hotmail, Live, or Outlook.com email account you will be unable to receive emails from the Asylum. Those companies have the IP address of our host's email server blocked, so emails from that IP are never delivered. This includes your validation email." What's the go with that? ( as per http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-account-users/)

-- The Roc

That's why I always use Firefox and Chrome

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 3:13 PM Last edited by HarVee : 3rd Sep 2015 at 3:25 PM.
Yeah... Not authorised to view the page and it seems you have to register via one of a few e-mail accounts...

"If you have a Verizon.net, Att.com, Hotmail, Live, or Outlook.com email account you will be unable to receive emails from the Asylum. Those companies have the IP address of our host's email server blocked, so emails from that IP are never delivered. This includes your validation email." What's the go with that? ( as per http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-account-users/)

-- The Roc

To download or view most web pages on SimsAsylum one must have a free account on the site. However, your email address can't be from those listed providers as those providers have blocked emails, and thus the account activation email, from SimsAsylum for what ever reason. Simple solution would be to just create an email address from a different provider and register using that.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 3:19 PM
Plus MadameButterfly has a lot of awesome mods there :lovestruc

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 5:17 PM

-- The Roc

Weird. My email is Hotmail and i have an account there. Have you tried it to see if it works?
Instructor
#30 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Well, they did fix the blacker-than-black fruit and vegetables they broke on last patch.

never had that bug

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Field Researcher
#31 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
That's why I always use Firefox and Chrome

I use Chrome exclusively, not sure what you mean?

-- The Roc
Field Researcher
#32 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
To download or view most web pages on SimsAsylum one must have a free account on the site. However, your email address can't be from those listed providers as those providers have blocked emails, and thus the account activation email, from SimsAsylum for what ever reason. Simple solution would be to just create an email address from a different provider and register using that.

Not that it is an issue with my e-mail, I was just pointing it out. Plus if I was having an issue, the last thing I need is another e-mail account with a username I am not familiar with as mine is always taken and another password to remember*.

Just thought it was strange that so many e-mail accounts would have a site blocked? I mean, I'm on some pretty dodgy sites but none that block e-mail accounts like that?

* Having suffered stress related memory issues, new and even some older passwords are a bit of a bugbear for me.

-- The Roc
Theorist
#33 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:10 AM
I've only heard about such confirmation mails ending in your spam box instead of you normal mailbox, but blocking emails? Never heard of. Besides, would Verizon, AT&T and Microsoft really block emails from such source without a proper reason?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:59 AM Last edited by HarVee : 4th Sep 2015 at 5:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Besides, would Verizon, AT&T and Microsoft really block emails from such source without a proper reason?

The usual practice of inconvenience. What better reason could there be?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#35 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:00 PM
If you just want to have a look and maybe download a few things or see if it's worth to register at the Asylum, you can use bugmenot first. There's one working account up.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 8:02 AM
Some telecom companies use internal spam and antivirus and an email may never show up.
Page 2 of 2