Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:54 AM
Default MRSA? Seriously?!
So, when I went to the doctor, she gave me the diagnosis in the worst case scenario guess of MRSA. She took samples and sent them to be cultured.

When I told my mother about the diagnosis, she got defensive and was bitching and moaning about my doctor's bedside manner.

When I found out that it can spread from person to person, I decided to stay inside tomorrow and hold off on any outside trips.

The self-imposed quarantine is because I might have gotten it from my parents who work in germy environments. I could have gotten it from a customer that doesn't bathe at mom's bakery or from a sick person dining at the restaurant dad works at. My parents might have passed it along.

I don't know the exact details, but I think my doctor was high. (Marijuana is legal for all purposes in my state of Washington) Why else would she shock me.

My knowledge on MRSA prior to the diagnosis was from checking out plush microbes and speaking of which, I have one of anthrax that was a reminder of my teen years to wash my hands after bringing the mail in.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:13 AM
Personally I think it's highly unlikely that you have MRSA, for a wide variety of reasons. I think maybe your doctor was erring on the side of caution.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:21 AM
You know that "in the old days" people got bacterial infections in otherwise-superficial wounds pretty often. I guess culturing it & growing it out to see if it's bacterial could be a sensible idea regardless of whether it turns out to be that specific one. Then your doctor could say "Ah! It's thus-and-so, for which there is a treatment," whereby you would once more be ahead of the game.

I had a plush Ebola when I was little. You might be the only other Simmer I know who has likewise been into stuffie pathogens.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:37 AM
Well, it was uncalled for to jump to a dangerous conclusion.

My parents are forcing me to go back to my old doctor, Dr. White, a female doctor who was always right about my health. But the reason I chose my current doctor was to cut time out of my travel to the doctor, that and my doctor works on the specialty of obesity management and gynecology.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
You know that "in the old days" people got bacterial infections in otherwise-superficial wounds pretty often. I guess culturing it & growing it out to see if it's bacterial could be a sensible idea regardless of whether it turns out to be that specific one. Then your doctor could say "Ah! It's thus-and-so, for which there is a treatment," whereby you would once more be ahead of the game.

I had a plush Ebola when I was little. You might be the only other Simmer I know who has likewise been into stuffie pathogens.

Actually, my personal favorite is bread\beer yeast, but I haven't had the chance to get that one or the numerous new ones.