Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Doing homework by all the family! (+more fun)

by Ailias Posted 1st Aug 2005 at 7:06 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2005 at 2:45 PM by Ailias

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:14 PM
oh wow this is great thank you so much. what a wonderful idea!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:19 PM
Didn't like 2 other people already make this?
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 9:06 PM
Didn't like 2 other people already make this?
=====
you mean available for all family homework hack?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 10:29 PM
Isn't this supposed to go in the "hacked objects" forum? I don't see how this modifies the normal gameplay.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 12:19 AM
Yay! Now I can make my children bratty! (Great in the Simworld, terrible outside of it.)

_Sprinklett_
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
Isn't this supposed to go in the "hacked objects" forum? I don't see how this modifies the normal gameplay.

It seams to modifie all the homework is the right place and on the note of other hacks Jenflower made the "homework sometimes faster fun" mod but that is diffrent and only sometimes fun and another person made a parents do homework for kids but this is quite diffrent.

um... yeah...
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 12:26 AM
hmmm just like in real life!lol
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 1:21 AM
Well, if this does modify the global homework, I can promise you that it will interfere with everyone else's mods for homework (especially mine).

With this in mind, you can expect the homework to exhibit the same buggy behavior as the old Maxis code for placing homework.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 3:19 AM
too bad there isn't a hack to make ppl fight over who does the homework. that would be cool, as well as funny :D

I hope that you are happy with what you've done.
www.slachary.com
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:08 AM
I look forward to trying this hack (as I have no current hack for homework for it to interfer with)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:27 AM
i just sounded like a dork ^-^; anyways, it seems to work fine for me (YaYs!)
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:59 PM
brilliant idea! Parents do help you with your homework, well mine did!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:43 AM
Are you sure this couldn't already be done in the game? Even before I ever downloaded things for my game I had Jenny, Pollination's wife, do her annoying daughters homework.

"Do you not think it a matter worthy of Lamentation that, while there are so many worlds, we have not yet conquered one?" - Alexander the Great
MTS2 Hot Pepper
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:47 PM
Are you sure this couldn't already be done in the game? Even before I ever downloaded things for my game I had Jenny, Pollination's wife, do her annoying daughters homework.
==========
For parents just one menu available to homework - Help sbd to do HW (or sth like that)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
==========
For parents just one menu available to homework - Help sbd to do HW (or sth like that)

Actually, I say "annoying daughter" because the kid was off sleeping while her mom did all of it. But maybe it's an oddity.

"Do you not think it a matter worthy of Lamentation that, while there are so many worlds, we have not yet conquered one?" - Alexander the Great
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 4:39 PM
Thanks! I had something similar to this before i rebooted my computer system. I loved it because parents could do the homework for the kids whilst they were at school. It was a nightmare when i forgot to tell the kids to do the homework and their grades dropped!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 5:38 AM
Haha... my mother always forces me to make my 9 year old brother's homework for him (even though in my school we don't have homework), so once more Simming reflects real life!
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 10:23 PM
wow! great job this is awesome

If you're ever looking for me I am doing 1 of 3 things...
1. Reading
2. Playing TS2
3. Or I'm on MTS2
Just send me a message if you ever want to talk and I'll get back as soon as possible. Thanxx♥
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 6:01 AM
I'm getting following error in the logs:

ERROR TSObjectFolder: Duplicate Selector GUID 0d5233bb. First registered: Homework (def id: 16807 = C:/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/Hacks/ailias_homeworkrealhelpmorefun.package). New: Homework (def id: 16807 = J:/The Sims 2 Nightlife/TSData/Res/Objects/objects.package)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 10:11 PM
It may not work with Nitelife EP. Though i haven't tested it.
Duck Defender
#22 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NRJ
It may not work with Nitelife EP. Though i haven't tested it.

Any idea if it is, now?
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 6:04 PM
oooo, goody. Perfect. Thanks millzions

"Red meat and gin." ...Julia Child, when asked at age 87 to what she attributed her longevity.
#24 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 12:43 PM
i love this do you no what i think would be good in the game? a pram where you can take toddlers downtown, and where you can put them into cars! dont u fink that wud b gud??????
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 5:39 AM
awesome now i can catch my kids up in school cuz there to lazy to care thanks a million

champions arn't made in gyms. champions are made by something deep inside them.a desire, a dream, a vision.they have to have last minuit stamina. they must be a little stronger, a little faster, they must have the skill and the will BUT THE WILL MUST BE STRONGER THAN THE SKILL.
Page 1 of 2