Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:59 AM
Default Keeping the family together challenge
The plot
It all started out like any other love story, a man met a woman and they fell deeply in love. They didn't care what they're families though about them and swiftly ran off to get married. The two struggled for a while, with the man's low paying salary and the woman being an unknown artist, but they made out. As the years past and the husband's career taking off they were able to finally raise a family of their own. From there had two beautiful children and planned for more. Only if they knew what fate had in store.

One day the man gets called into his bosses office. He has been slipping up and for that they must fire him. With no real source of income and with the feeling of being useless, the man falls into despair. He doesn't leave his room, unless its to use the restroom, and nothing but worry washes over his loved ones. To make matters worse, they now have another mouth to feed. Grandfather has past away unexpectedly so the man's mother is moving in.
With low funds, a negative grandmother 'trying to save her son' and a wife trying to hold everything together by selling her art and things in the home, its your job to keep this family together..or slowly rip it apart.

The Family
1. One or both parents must have the family oriented, OR nurturing traits. They can either be YA or A. Nothing older or younger.
2. The father/husband must have the loser and unlucky traits.
3. You must start out with two children of either gender. You can have a baby,toddler or a child. You can only have a teen if your child makes it to teenhood.
4. The father can not look for a new job until the first week is up. He will have to start from the bottom.
5. You can move the Grandmother in from the start or give it a few days. You can pick her traits but, they must be negative. [EX//: dislikes children, mean spirited, ect.]
6. Make sure the Grandmother and the wife have a low relationship from the start.

The Rules
1. NO CHEATS. You can only use Restsim if they get stuck or Freerealestate to get your first house, unless you prefer making homes. Motherlode can only be used to make your first home but you must reset your family funds to 3500 after you're done.
2. Mods are okay, as long as they don't effect the family's needs.
3. The way the family looks is up to you along with their missing traits.
4. Teens can not get part time jobs. They can collect and sell things to help around the house.
5. The husband must stay in his room for the beginning of and can only leave to shower or use the toilet. You will have to bring him food.
6. Only the mother can cook, clean, care for the children and sell her art. The father may only start helping around the house after he gets a promotion at his new job.
7. Affairs are perfectly fine. Just don't get caught.
8. No, you can not kill grandma.

Scoring
+10 Every time you're able to pick both traits for your baby.
+10 Every child born. [per child]
+10 every new job the husband gets.
+20 For every time you're able to pick the traits for your teen.
+30 If wife completes the art skill.
+30 Grandma finds love.
+40 Grandmother gets married
+50 Grandma moves out [Only if married]
+50 If husband retches to the top of his career path [part time jobs don't count]
+60 Mother has made the family wealthy without the Father in the picture.

-5 For every new mouth to feed [new children or pets]
-5 If the mother has a miscarriage [Option due to mods.]
-10 For every item in the house that has to be sold for food/bills.
-10 If you teen is caught outside during curfew.
-10 Every time you use a cheat.
-20 Caught cheating
-20 If your teen is pregnant/got someone pregnant [Option due to mods.]
-30 If one of the children dies.
-40 If one of the parents moves out or dies.
-40 Father loses job
-50 If parents divorce
-50 If grandmother dies of anything but old age.

Ending the challenge
The challenge can end in different ways.

1. The challenge will end if both parents die
2. If any of your children are taken away
3. If the father has hit the top of his career and the grandmother has died of old age or moved out with her new lover.
4. If the mother is the only support left and has made the family wealthy and the grandmother has moved out or has died of old age.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
I will try it, looks like a fun challenge.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 12:02 AM
I am going to try this one out, it's my first time doing challenge. xx
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:59 PM
Cool. Only, I'm going to try it out with four children!
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:05 AM
My only issue is with the scoring.
+10 Every child born. [per child]
-5 For every new mouth to feed [new children or pets]

Why not just +5 per child born and -5 per new pet.
Doesn't make sense to add and subtract at the same time for having children.
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:38 PM
I think this is a cool challenge but can I start with 5 kids instead to make it harder
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:24 PM
WOW sounds very challenging! Also sounds a lot like my son's life. lolol I just may start this challenge but doubt I make it - I get too frustrated with things not working out & running smoothly! haha
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:19 AM
Hey i think i will try this challenge out once I get the virus off my computer Sims does work on it but quite laggy but this is a really cool challenge thanks ! I always wanted to do smoothing like this but never know how to do it. <3