Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 8:33 AM
I would hope that you don't expect every last woman to be shoehorned into lingerie, as that's my main beef with overly skimpy armor. No options for a little more modesty, but that's another story.

For instance, I have never heard of an Asian-made game that didn't try to make its women wear lingerie in combat, with the exception of Aeria Game's Eternal Eden. Jagex's (UK company) Runescape on the other hand is pretty sensible with its armor on women, although I stopped playing both games out of boredom.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:20 PM
My legacy sim has been the same woman for the last 14 years, and on MMORPGs I always play with female characters because male characters always lack customization or just look ridiculous with headgears.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:31 PM
I play as a girl if I get the choice (because I am one), but I don't mind playing as a guy if I have to.
Theorist
#54 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 10:11 PM
It depends on the game. If it's Skyrim then I would play as a girl and show of that badass sexy outfit I downloaded. If it's Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition then I would alternate between boy and girl when I feel like it. Mass Effect series, played as both and found the female Shepard to have better voice acting and badassery. Played female only in Saints Row the Third. Male for Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.
Scholar
#55 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Mass Effect series, played as both and found the female Shepard to have better voice acting and badassery.

All hail to the queen of voice acting, Jennifer Hale! :lovestruc
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#56 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:10 PM
In an RPG, if you're going for single-pass maximum content, play as a girl: You'll hit more content, since you'll automatically encounter all the "default" content, AND any content that was added specifically for female characters. In a first-person shooter...play as your gun. That's what you're going to be spending your time looking at. Online? Play as either what you are for familiarity, or a dude to avoid the creepiness. The play-as-a-girl-to-get-free stuff thing doesn't always work, and you'll want to scope the environs out before you try that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 4:57 PM
That depends, I normally play female in games as Pokémon where the character you choose is your avatar until the gameplay is removed.

In multiple characters situations, like side scroller beat-em-ups and The Sims, I play as I feel.

It should be of note that my body is female, yet my hormonal levels say I'm also male as well.

I play as directed.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
#59 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM
Lately, I always play a Sim who looks like myself. I've even taken to using my own name. It just got to confusing - who was I playing again? I rarely forget my own name.

In the past I've played female sims. My thought was "why would I play an ugly guy sim when this computerized vision of loveliness was just generated by CAS?" Then I started to play female sims that looked like my early college infatuation. The hang up was, I just cringed when it came to romance. My female sims always spawned by cloning, forbidden fruit, or adoption. And when my female sims did the little pink hearts thing when they were attracted to some doofus guy sim, I'd have flashbacks... "That's what you did in college!! You married that doofus! You never change!! Noooo!!! You broke my heart AGAIN!!!" It was just too bitter, ya know?

I thought about making my wife into a sim, but she'd kill me. Both in real life and in the game.
Theorist
#60 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:26 PM
I mostly play as ''myself'', but sometimes I just want to play as a girl when I'm in a playful mood to say it in Sims language. Especially when it's easy interchangeable ingame to switch sexes. In some cases, when I'm playing online against other unknown players, I pretend to be a flirtious girl.
Instructor
#61 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 10:40 PM
In sims i play with different genders(sometimes with female sometimes with males) but in different game i the game let me choose i go for i male, but for sure i'll play the game later like female, just because i want to play my games and explore them fully

I need a cigarette
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 9:45 AM Last edited by Cho de Gier : 16th Dec 2016 at 4:22 PM.
In Skyrim. A male character with the body of a bodybuilder. Female eyes wants sometimes eye candy.
At last I try to remake Geralt of Rivia the hero out the Witcher series.

Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 7:29 PM
Generally female as I am a girl but I always get annoyed because I prefer the male clothing in certain games, so I may have just end up changing that and playing as a guy. Though I am bi and admittedly do like the female eye candy at times, though sometimes it is a bit much and I end up going "And this is protecting...what?"

I play Guild Wars 2 on occasion now-a-days.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 7:08 PM
Usually, I do random, or what I feel like, since I usually don't care. In Pokemon sun though I am planning to play as a man.
Scholar
#65 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 5:09 PM
Most time, i'm playing as a female (because i'm obviously a girl, duh).

If it's an RPG with romance options, I usually play both sexes, as i like to discover everything :P
Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 3:16 AM
I mostly play as a female character if the game options allow it. I generally don't play as a girl if the outfit is less than a tea towel in size, then the jiggling tends to put me off the clobbering.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 7:10 PM
I flip flop. In single player rpgs like Skyrim (Argonian Necromancer Raises-The-Dead ftw! ) I lean towards female, but in say mmos I'll go male just because of the old "something sexy to look at" while I grind. Male Miqo'te mmm! (I haven't played in ages.)

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 4:29 AM
I play as female. I perfectly agree with the boys & girls who've posted above, about the sexual caricaturing in some games! But I only play such a limited set of games that, so far, I've been able to avoid the chain-mail bikinis.
#69 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:03 PM
I prefer to play as female, but I don't mind playing as male occasionally.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:36 AM
There's no logic or reasoning behind this, but I typically play as a female. I am also a female.

I also notice that female toons/characters are highly sexualized in a lot fo MMORPG's. This doesn't necessarily bother me since I'm very rarely bothered by anyone when I play, but I do know of people that get constantly harassed over the "sexiness" of their pixels.

I was once told that I have a "very sexy body" while I was playing PWI... I'm sure that might have been flattering to some, but to me, that was a little annoying. How did this person know what my body looks like? Obviously, he doesn't, so then he's telling me that these pixels-- these VERY default looking pixels-- are "sexy"? It's just hard to wrap my head around that..

Page 3 of 3