Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 10:36 AM Last edited by YaGurlLayLay : 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:18 PM.
Default Sims Economy Gameplay Addition (Premade documents included)
Is anyone interested in making their gameplay more realistic with an economy based game play?

I have created excel databases and other documents that incorporate the Sims 2. Features include banking, government funding, government fees, mortgage and loans, credit history and etc. I have the ultimate collection plus Chris hatches unofficial EP but I don't believe you need all EP's for this to work. The main ones are OFB and Apartment life. The way I have set up the database is around several mods and objects that I have downloaded into my game, some are needed, and some aren't.

Some I believe are vital are:

Katy's bank mod
Any full name change mod
You will need Microsoft office, specifically publisher, word and excel or an equivalent that is compatible with the documents. The best I have found that converts quite well from Microsoft is an office software called Kingsoft. Click here to check it out.
There are some lots that I have downloaded and made or maxis lots that I have redesigned for the purpose of this game play. There's a bank, parent dorms, hostel, government housing, economy flats, there's a prison but I have yet to put a penalty system in place so I have left the prison in the background for now, there's a nursery but in order for it to function I have Chris hatches EP.

There are also some Sims that I have generated specifically for this gameplay. Due to having Chris hatches EP I have a subhood set up for his heaven and hell and this is also where I keep these Sims.

There's a president that owns most of the lots in the game i.e. Food stores, etc.
There's a servo that I call the national bill Centre that receives payments for bills I have made up. I.e. income deductions, TV, internet etc.
There's also a bank manager that owns the bank. My bank manager holds funds for mortgages and loans and receives repayments.
There is also a servo that I call Government support for giving support to people who need welfare.
There's a Servo that represent each protection/insurance scheme i.e. House, business, car and pet. I call it the protection centre. I then use the payee book to set up the payments from each household.

I have not completely tested what is needed from what isn't as I’ve only just finished the main part of the project and am now trying it out for myself. However, if I know people are interested in it I will develop the project and refine it so it can be used by anyone. There are calculations such as tax and others that don't need to be worked out as I’ve already done the working out all that is needed is a figure entered into a cell such as wage and a selection from the drop down menu for number of days working. Then income Tax, N.I and pension figures are automatically worked out.

The thing that may put some off is that there is a requirement for manual input such as, remembering to change figures in the game for the bill payer, or remembering to make logs of the banking transactions in the bank account log. Not everything is required, some may just want to download the household or Sim tracker. This includes keeping track of wages, life events, household and disposable incomes or outgoings (bills and etc.).

Part of developing the documents is to make it less time consuming and to make it as least complicated as possible, so if you are wanting to try out this gameplay or even have more ideas for me to develop on let me know.

I've attached some screen shots of the household record, just to give an idea of what i'm working on.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:13 AM
I've been trying to set something similar up in my own game. I, for one, would be very interested in hearing more and seeing what you have worked out.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:52 PM
Yes would love to see.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:12 PM
There are quite a few of us here who play integrated/self supporting type hoods and many threads if you do a search. We are always interested is someone else's take on things and sharing ideas.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:40 PM Last edited by YaGurlLayLay : 20th Oct 2014 at 3:17 PM.
Great! I will upload the most up to date version of the gameplay project asap. I'm just making a few corrections before putting it up. Stay tuned
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:20 PM
Are you gonna post it on the forums or PM it?
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 8:25 PM
I'm excited to see this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097
Are you gonna post it on the forums or PM it?

I'm not sure how to do it yet as I don't know whether it would be classed as a challenge or what forum will be relevant to post it to. Any of the Lots and Sims needed will be uploaded as custom content.

I will be updating this thread with links directed to the content needed, so i'm going to just stick to telling everyone to come back to this thread to stay updated until all uploads are made.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
It sounds like a good idea. It may be useful to someone who wants to keep track of the money going in and money going out, maintaining a self-sustaining economy within the neighborhood.

In my own game, whenever my Sims get "money from nowhere", I just pretend that it's their income, or they have sold something to NPCs or foreigners.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was aiming for myself and then I thought to add my own spin on it to change up my gameplay so hopefully other players will get the same use out of it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:54 PM
I thought you meant it was a document. If you want to upload lots or sims here you need to go through the upload process which sends the lot or sim to a moderated queue before going into the Download section. Otherwise you can paste links to your own site and people can go there. Also if this is a challenge you need to post it to the challenge section and wait for a mod to approve it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 11:58 PM Last edited by YaGurlLayLay : 23rd Oct 2014 at 12:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought you meant it was a document. If you want to upload lots or sims here you need to go through the upload process which sends the lot or sim to a moderated queue before going into the Download section. Otherwise you can paste links to your own site and people can go there. Also if this is a challenge you need to post it to the challenge section and wait for a mod to approve it.

Yep it is a document, I originally uploaded it to the challenge forum but it was reposted here. There are series of excel and word documents that can be linked up to run an economy based game play incorporating mods, lots and Sims that are needed for it to make sense. I've uploaded a picture of the household record I have created above.