Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Picked upload! Sim Cloner 080706 A + Custom Skintone Selector

by christianlov Posted 7th May 2008 at 8:34 AM - Updated 5th Aug 2011 at 4:48 PM by christianlov
164 Comments / replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Sim Cloner

Introduction:

Sim Cloner is an item with which you can clone an existing sim.

It is updated to be compatiable with recent expansion packs. There are no new features added. But this patch will make the cloner work fine with new expansion packs like FT.

Category: General
Price: $0

What to download:

If you play TS2 base game or University, please download the Christianlov_SimCloner080428BaseOrUniversity zip file.

How to use:

Please buy the sculputre from the General category and then click "Clone Me" or something like that in english menu. You can also clone a neighbor.

Notice:

1. In TS2 base game or University, you can't clone sims' face. There are some limitation in those game versions. If you have EP2 or any other higher expansion pack, it will work fine.
2. You can clone virtually any sim, including dead ones.
3. Cloned sims will keep their appearance in DNA. Even if source sims received a plastic surgery, it will be saved in clone's genes.
4. This is creating a new sim, you are not doing a surgery on existing sims.

********************************************************

CustomSkintoneSelectorPrototype

You can change skintone in game.

Category: General
Price: $0

Notice:

1. This doesn't change DNA.
2. This is a global hack.
3. It will conflict with most of the known in-game skin changer hacks. (symptom: sims revert to their original skin)
4. You need at least one expansion pack to use this.
5. You need to keep this package in the downloads folder after setting new skins for your sims. Without this file in that folder, sims will revert to their original skin.

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 2
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Christianlov_CustomSkintoneSelectorPrototype080603.zip 127.4 KB 30,513 3rd Jun 2008
SimCloner_080706A.zip 9.6 KB 18,242 18th Jul 2008
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.

2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).

3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
  • Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\

-or-

4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
  • Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
  • Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG


Need more information?
 
Page 2 of 7
164 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 140 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidarivera
The CPackEditor will create a skintone selector using the skins I choose, using this program & what I have in my downloads?? And does it write the information to the CustomSkintoneSelectorPrototype? Meaning, I have to download both .zip files and it's kind of like making 'our own' skintone selector object?


correct.. that's the purpose of the skintone tool included in the program feel free to write you guy's own selector and share it with other people. then i will be happy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapi R
It will conflict with most of the known in-game skin changer hacks. (symptom: sims revert to their original skin)
I have that problem, is there anything I can do too fix this?
I dont have any other skin changer hack.
I like this hack and I wish that it would work,
please help me
Thanks


things that let us change skins in game will probably conflict with my selector. maybe... a hack conflict scanner will help?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianlov
correct.. that's the purpose of the skintone tool included in the program feel free to write you guy's own selector and share it with other people. then i will be happy


OMG, so I did this, and its by far the best thing you ever did It works great! Oh and no offense but I went ahead and deleted the other ones, because this makes the others obsolete! I love how it completely sorts the skins by folder in the menu. WOW this rocks!

THANKS
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:35 PM
Default How to save facial structure in sim's dna - introduction
how to save a new facial structure in sim's dna

i have many sims who received plastic surgery using my sim boutique clothing rack but they unfortunately don't have that new face in the genes, so i added a new tool to my cpackeditor program.

introduction: what's the purpose of this tool?

the new "dna fixer" tool will let me save new facial structure in genes easily. it's done by modifying sim's character file (you can find detailed information on this mts2 tutorial section)

example:

please refer to the uploaded pictures.

i tested two familys. (though i converted about 60 sims who received plastic surgery)

one is mellisa fancey and the other one is broke brandy. both received plastic surgery so they are now pretty much different from their original face.

i tested by using my Sim Transporter, i created two babies from them.

as you can see in the pictures, mellisa's daugther resembles her mother, pretty mellisa very much. also broke's son is very different from his brother.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:41 PM
Default How to save facial structure using CPackEditor - how to use the program
before explaing how to use the tool,

please back up the neighborhood folder

the tool is provided as-is.

please use it at your own risk.

how to use

1. run the program.
2. click "tool" tab and the screen will be shifted to a tool section.
3. click "Dna fixer" tab control again.
4. browse for the neighborhood characters folder. (backup!!! backup!!! backup!!! )
5. click "fix facial structure"
6. the program will search for sim character files which have more than two facial structure items and will fix them.

and there is one more thing. the tool will modify character files and rearrange index, remove "hole records", change index version from 1 to 2 automatically.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianlov
things that let us change skins in game will probably conflict with my selector. maybe... a hack conflict scanner will help?


I have Maxis Tattoos that Really Stick! in my game can that cause problems?
Now when I have your painting on the wall it giveĀ“s me an error when I want to click on it.

What conflict scanner do you recommend?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapi R
I have Maxis Tattoos that Really Stick! in my game can that cause problems?
Now when I have your painting on the wall it giveĀ“s me an error when I want to click on it.

What conflict scanner do you recommend?


that is quite strange. could you experiment by keeping only this hack and other skins in the downloads folder?
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianlov
that is quite strange. could you experiment by keeping only this hack and other skins in the downloads folder?


The thing that gave me an error on your hack was this Photography Backdrop, but it is something else that changes the skintones.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 1:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapi R
The thing that gave me an error on your hack was this Photography Backdrop, but it is something else that changes the skintones.


sorry, it may be because my english is so so but i don't understand your posts at all. first is the "photograpy backdrop" which i downloaded at the linked page isn't an item which changes skintone. i am not sure, but that seems to be a very safe private item... i can't find any skintone global hacks inside that file....

second is i don't see cleary what you mean by "the thing that gave me an error on your hack". does it mean that you had an error with the linked item? or does it mean my item caused an error......??? it's ambiguous...

by the way, it may help me to understand what's going on if you could give me the log, and tell me which cpackeditor version you used and did you try a clean template with that, and how many skins were scanned?
Test Subject
#35 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 7:46 PM
I just wanted to tell you that the "photograpy backdrop" makes your hack error in my game. I now that beacuse I took out all my hacks except your hack as you told me and it still gave me an error, when I took away the "photograpy backdrop" it worked without any errors.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 9:47 PM Last edited by christianlov : 7th Jun 2008 at 9:58 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapi R
I just wanted to tell you that the "photograpy backdrop" makes your hack error in my game. I now that beacuse I took out all my hacks except your hack as you told me and it still gave me an error, when I took away the "photograpy backdrop" it worked without any errors.


sorry, but if it's the case, then you would want to talk with that item's author about that issue, because it seems that the photography item caused error, not my item. that item cannot "give an error" to my item because that and my item are separate and they just don't have anything to do with each other... i guess you were just confused...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 12:26 AM
Default help pics - custom skintone selector writer tool
how the writer tool works:

it's quite simple. every skintone file has an item of specific type. so the tool will search for package which has that type, and then extract the skintone family string and store that temporarily.

when it finishes searching, it will open the template file and then write & add necessary items (bhav and str#) to the template package automatically.

please refer to the following pictures and attached the sample output file (which i used testing the writer tool - it isn't a template package, you don't need to put this in downloads folder, it's just for reference)

the template package is reusable, you can add skins again and again till you have about 220 ~ 230 skins registered at the file.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip sampleoutput.zip (16.6 KB, 529 downloads)
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 6:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianlov
sorry, but if it's the case, then you would want to talk with that item's author about that issue, because it seems that the photography item caused error, not my item. that item cannot "give an error" to my item because that and my item are separate and they just don't have anything to do with each other... i guess you were just confused...

I know the hacks "Photography Backdrop" and "Custom Skintone Selector" are NOT related and that is why I wanted to let you know what I experienced.

I still had the error after removing all hacks but yours. At first I didn't think of "Photography Backdrop" as a hack but the one thing that got fixed by removing it too was that the error went away.

So, I just wanted other people to know this since it is hard to explain. I am sorry if I confused you with my lack of english experience.

I kept your hack because you make the best stuff. Thanks for creating cool things for the Sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:35 PM Last edited by christianlov : 8th Jun 2008 at 7:56 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapi R
I know the hacks "Photography Backdrop" and "Custom Skintone Selector" are NOT related and that is why I wanted to let you know what I experienced.

I still had the error after removing all hacks but yours. At first I didn't think of "Photography Backdrop" as a hack but the one thing that got fixed by removing it too was that the error went away.

So, I just wanted other people to know this since it is hard to explain. I am sorry if I confused you with my lack of english experience.

I kept your hack because you make the best stuff. Thanks for creating cool things for the Sims.


nonononononono you are confusing me again....... i checked again, and installed all of the photography items in my downloads folder, and found no problem.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 1:30 AM
I can't work the skintone collection any more than I can fly.

I get all skins to show in the picture in the game but some of them will not change when you click on them.

And what do you mean choose D:\Skintone for your download folder. Do, I make a new folder called that and what do I click on to do that? Do, I make it after I have clicked on tools skintone selector or what?


and what happened to the origanal skin selector download, the one that had the tool thingy in it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnMar
I can't work the skintone collection any more than I can fly.

I get all skins to show in the picture in the game but some of them will not change when you click on them.


hi~~!

Is there any possibility that the mesh isn't included in the downloads folder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnMar
And what do you mean choose D:\Skintone for your download folder. Do, I make a new folder called that and what do I click on to do that? Do, I make it after I have clicked on tools skintone selector or what?


There are two ways. One is selecting the whole downloads folder and the other is making a new folder and categorizing files by author names. The former one is easy but it will not make an organized output. The latter one takes some time but it may result in a well organized menu. Maybe the latter one will be good if you download new skins and want to make a selector based on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnMar
and what happened to the origanal skin selector download, the one that had the tool thingy in it?


You mean CL Tool by tool tingy? If so, it is now CPackEditor. You can download it in this thread. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 6:00 PM Last edited by LynnMar : 14th Jun 2008 at 4:18 PM.
I got them all but three of them do not change when I click on them. I would love to e-mail you because that is the only way to upload package files. You can e-mail me if you want and go from there.


they work fine in the body shop and in the game.

but not using the skintone package, picture



thanks I received the e-mail and sent you the files. thanks

I removed my e-mail from this thread, now that you have it, I never received so much junk mail. lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Jun 2008 at 3:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnMar
I got them all but three of them do not change when I click on them. I would love to e-mail you because that is the only way to upload package files. You can e-mail me if you want and go from there.

My e-mail is [email protected]

they work fine in the body shop and in the game.

but not using the skintone package, picture


i mailed you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 7:38 PM Last edited by christianlov : 15th Jun 2008 at 9:55 AM. Reason: news
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnMar
I get all skins to show in the picture in the game but some of them will not change when you click on them.


this will be fixed by next saturday
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 11:39 AM
your instructions
your instrunctions are hard for me to understand.
i want to be able to use the custom skin toner.
what do you mean by run the program? what program?
like once i download the file and extract it. there is no program that apears. What do i do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 4:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo_rox101
your instrunctions are hard for me to understand.
i want to be able to use the custom skin toner.
what do you mean by run the program? what program?
like once i download the file and extract it. there is no program that apears. What do i do.


it's attached in the first post of this thread.
Test Subject
#47 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 3:08 AM Last edited by FLGrayBear : 18th Jun 2008 at 3:53 AM. Reason: Helps if you RTM
I found this in an old post on another site.

"I just want to point out that Christianlov made a tool with this function built in, here is the link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=257487"

This automated the listing of the skins to the changer. Is the tool still around? If so could you put it up again and add a link?

Helps if you read the instructions
feel a bit foolish, that tool is part of the CPackEditor.

Many thanks to you for all the great work you have already done. 8^} good to see you back again.
Test Subject
#48 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:19 AM
I haven't downloaded this item yet. But I want to thank you for all the other items, I have installed. It is so good to see you back.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:31 PM
I remermber reading somewhere, can't recall where exactly, that the skintone selector is incompatable with InTeen...is anyone using both without the problem of skintones reverting back to their original?

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talismana
I remermber reading somewhere, can't recall where exactly, that the skintone selector is incompatable with InTeen...is anyone using both without the problem of skintones reverting back to their original?


when i checked last time (it was about a year ago), it wasn't compatiable. at that time, jase kindly provided a compatible small package for inteen users. but because i don't hear of more news from jase now, i am not sure now. but i am making a sort of macro tool , and it seems to be working... it's a tool which fixes all dna of sims who changed skintone one by one automatically. then you will not need to keep the template anymore...
Page 2 of 7