[UPDATED] Deadly Snakeskin - Recolors of Mermaid Mesh - Converted for All Ages! pt. 1
As you know, one of my more successful Sim women is the Snake Mermaid Eurydice; but after awhile, I do believe she got a little lonely, and since most of those other mermaids are just too cheerful for her, I decided to make it my duty to give her the chance to make a family. =D
I have now *REALLY* converted Brendabond's snakeskin texture to fit all ages and genders that I have available. This, of course, includes:
-Young Adult Male
-'Normal' Adult Male
-'Normal' Young Adult Male
-'Normal' Elder Male
Also available is Brendabond's original, which is for Adult Female. Will recolor Babies and Elders when released.
This is file part 1, part 2 will be released shortly.
I private messaged both Brendabond and Beosboxboy asking permission to recolor using their items(the texture, and the original mermfolk meshes), and they told me to go ahead, which I very much appreciate. =D Thanks you two.
Anyway, so that's really all there is to it. ;D I would have taken some screenshots of the merfolk swimming in a swimming pool, but I forgot to. I also apologize for bad screenshot quality, I will take better screenshot assembly as soon as I have time. xD...
Just in case anyone is unfamiliar with how the mermaid meshes work, these Sims still walk on land and all. The mermaid meshes work like clothing, but much, much more realistic. =3 It's fantastic in-game, the mesh downloads are worth the wait. None of these downloads require any expansion packs.
Here is a list of the meshes you will need:
Adult Male: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=2793
To Download Adult Female:
Original Snakeskin Recolor: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=3620
As for the models, the Adult Female is my mermaid Eurydice, who is available for download. The Merman is Horacio, who will be released shortly if anyone wants him. ^^ The rest of the models are children created by combining Horacio and Eurydice's data with the "Create a Baby" option in CAS.
If you want the skintone used on the models( It's Enayla's "Alabaster" skin), go here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=122941
EDIT: In the first post of these recolors, people stated various complaints that the .package files where corrupt and not working correctly. This has been fixed now, files should work properly; sorry for the inconvinience!
Remember to credit Brendabond for her hard work on the texture. =D I give all credit for the texture to her, and all credit for the meshes to Marvine and Beosboxboy. Keep up the good work you three!
Enjoy; I have separated each recolor into a folder for convenience.
Please comment, thank & rate! =D Comments are my inspiration! ^~
EDIT: Oops! My internet died halfway through uploading the files, and it seems it lost the data of the Adult Male Bodybuilder! -slaps forehead- I'm uploading that right now; it should be approved ASAP!
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|Child Snake Mermaid Recolor.zip||527.6 KB||4,624||21st Jun 2006|
|Teen Female Snake Mermaid Recolor.zip||589.7 KB||4,843||21st Jun 2006|
|Teen Male Snake Merman Recolor.zip||527.9 KB||4,464||21st Jun 2006|
|Toddler Snake Mermaid Recolor.zip||141.1 KB||4,308||21st Jun 2006|
|Adult Male Bodybuilder Snake Merman Recolor.zip||532.8 KB||4,733||22nd Jun 2006|
This download requires one or more meshes to work properly. Please check the Description tab for information about the meshes needed, then download them below:
|MTS cannot guarantee any off-site links will be available|
|insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=2793 (non-MTS2 link)|
|insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=4714 (non-MTS2 link)|
|insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=3941 (non-MTS2 link)|
|insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=2848 (non-MTS2 link)|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
18 Comments / replies (Who?)