This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
jhd1189 created an absolutely amazing castle
for a story for me, and, stunned by his work, I offered to create something in exchange. This is what I came up with... inspired by the headwear of Mrs. Peacock from Clue, this is a lovely little vintage pillbox hat, offset, with a lovely brooch holding five peacock feathers in an arch above the face with a veil.
The mesh is completely built from scratch. I'm so impressed with myself at how I made the feathers realistic but low-poly. I even hand-painted the peacock feather textures myself. Aren't I spiffy?
649 polygons, 567 faces. For adults only. Waterproof and multi-wearable. It will work with most hairstyles, and looks very nice with the OfB retro styles (like the one pictured).
Because of the way I had to create the veil to get it to look properly veil-y, you must play with your texture and sim/object detail on HIGH or it will look bad or be entirely invisible. The veil will look a little odd as you zoom in and out but it looks fine in pics and when sitting still. A grid transparency is not something the game wants to display right so I did the best I could.
Recolours are possible but they will not come out of Body Shop correctly by default due to the way I've set up my recolours so they don't have huge filesizes. If you want to recolour, PM me and I can help you.
Just because I know folks'll ask, the dress in the pics is Maxis, I think from either Nightlife or Open for Business. Yeah, I know the other two pics are mostly of the sim, but aren't they awesome? The skintone is mostly Enayla's from her newer collection, with a face mask of my own to add the beauty marks and a little detailing specific to the sim (she's my sim in the Miss S2C contest). The curtains are from Sims 2 Ellis, and the microphone was made by the wonderful cokenasmile, who has released a lower-poly standing and tabletop version
. Other clothing pictured on the people in the jazz club is from All About Style.
- jhd1189, for being patient with my slow creation and for making me a beautiful castle. I hope you like the hat, jhd.
- Tiggerypum, for constant help along the way.
- Wes_h, for the Unimesh plugins for Milkshape, used in the creation of this mesh.
- Dr Pixel, for all kinds of various bits of useful meshing info that have helped me along the way.
- Everyone who has contributed to the creation and development of SimPE.
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.